Questions for Sabbatarians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we are not required to observe Saturday sabbath under the New Covenant to be saved either.

So, the SDA claim that observing Saturday sabbath under the New Covenant is "truth" is not actually supporting by New Covenant teachings and is nothing more than the opinions of SDA peoples based on the private interpretations of Ellen G White who does not meet the biblical qualifications to be a teacher or church leader in the Body of Christ.

Not to mention the numerous false predictions Ellen G White said the Lord gave her... things that did not come true which proves she was not hearing from the Lord which further disqualifies her from being the "prophetess" she claimed to be.

When one looks at all these things, it's easy to see why SDA is considered to be unorthodox to the rest of the Body of Christ... and of course SDA peoples claim everyone else is wrong but them.

This post only proves that you know nothing about Seventh-day Adventist church history. And don't bother asking me to correct your mistakes because the burden of proof for your malinformation lies directly on YOU.

:hearteyes:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that believe in annihilationism should own it, right?

Sure, but maybe not in a fraudulent, evasive "Questions for Sabbatarians" thread, although I'm sure it would help to divert attention from the weak "no NT command, teaching, or practice" claim that you're parroting.

Just pointing out the facts.

No, you're just deploying decoys.

These are people from your religion, so maybe you should find these folks thru their online sites and correct them if they are teaching wrongly about SDA?

I'm pretty sure I know what I should be doing. And taking advice from someone who would have Sabbatarians lie about what they believe seems counterintuitive.

And yet... there are NO instructions given to Christians saying "and thou too shall observe Saturday sabbath"

Special pleading, "God must chew His cabbage twice for ME."

And no corrections from Paul to Christians saying "Thou doest error by not observing Saturday sabbath and the Lord is quit UN-pleased with thou!"

More argument from silence re-repeats

This is how we know either Saturday sabbath is not something Christians are expected to observe by the Lord... or the Lord maybe just totally forgot to put this in His Word... I'm not a big fan of believing Jesus forgets stuff sometime, but apparently some are.

But you'd have Him accidentally dropping a temporary, ceremonial ordinance in the middle of His eternal moral code.

Not only did the LORD not FORGET to put it in His Word, but He began the command with the word "REMEMBER."

The burden of proof is on those claiming Christians are commanded to observe Saturday sabbath

A burden that in no way has been shirked

My words are not idle at all... I'm saying there is no proof of this because there isn't!

Your "no NT command, teaching or practice" aren't the idle words to which I was referring at all.

Your desperation or lack of real interest to keep up with the discussion is manifesting itself in gross errors of reading comprehension.

Suggesting that Sabbatarians suborn themselves by taking your prepared statement as a representation of their beliefs constitutes idle words.

And, it's not my fault that some of the SDA people go around claiming those that don't observe Saturday sabbath are going to hell.
That's a problem for your religion and maybe you folks should correct these folks if they are speaking wrongly about your religious beliefs.

Your fantasy world where all Sabbatarians should march in lockstep and police one another's thoughts and statements on peripheral issues is oddly Orwellian.

Yeah, "truth" that you have NO proof from the New Testament of any instructions given that Christians are told to observe Saturday sabbath... and no corrections for those no doing Saturday sabbath that they are in error.
Ultimately the Saturday sabbath observance is of private interpretation seeing it's not taught in the New Testament.
It's what you folks believe but not what the Lord taught Himself or thru His Apostles.

And I think we have another half dozen or so of those "no NT command, teaching, or practice" re-repeats.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, but maybe not in a fraudulent, evasive "Questions for Sabbatarians" thread, although I'm sure it would help to divert attention from the weak "no NT command, teaching, or practice" claim that you're parroting.

I see, so following the New Covenant... is the problem.

Annihilationism is fake news, so people will be challenging you on this... and of course anyone not embracing annihilationism is in error according to the SDA peoples.

The obvious pattern here is SDA beliefs are correct, and non-SDA beliefs are in error according to the SDA peoples.

There's not going to be any consensuse or agreement at all unless one bows the knee to SDA teachings.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the SDA claim that observing Saturday sabbath under the New Covenant is "truth" is not actually supporting by New Covenant teachings and is nothing more than the opinions of SDA peoples based on the private interpretations of Ellen G White
You must be tired from grinding that axe so much.

I see you learned a new word today, private interpretation. Does that make your axe grinding yolk fit better?

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you mean the neo-New Covenant.

Annihilationism is fake news, so people will be challenging you on this...

Now, just don't you worry yourself about that.

After 34 years, I'm used to it.

and of course anyone not embracing annihilationism is in error according to the SDA peoples.

The obvious pattern here is SDA beliefs are correct, and non-SDA beliefs are in error according to the SDA peoples.

There's not going to be any consensuse or agreement at all unless one bows the knee to SDA teachings.

Aren't Big Boy Johnson teachings an option, or are you now buying into a religious version of critical theory, where Adventists are the appointed oppressors and everyone else are the oppressed?

Anytime you'd like to stop equivocating, you can begin to recover any credibility you might've once had.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr mxyzptlk

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be tired from grinding that axe so much.

I see you learned a new word today, private interpretation. Does that make your axe grinding yolk fit better?

How do you like your new job of defending Seventh-day Adventist beliefs? Evidently, according to the Big Boy religion, you have to join. We Sabbatarians are all the same; we have no mind of our own; lower your shields; resistance is futile; you will be assimilated. You can be Locutus!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9 of the 10 commandants can be found in the New Testament... but the command to observe Saturday is not.

10 Commandments Repeated in the New Testament

#1 - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (Matthew 22:37)

#2 - Dear children, keep yourself from idols (1 John 5:21)

#3 - Do not swear – not by heaven or by earth or by anything else (James 5:12)

#4 - Not Commanded in the New Testament (sorry bout that SDA peoples!)

#5 - Honor your father and mother (Matthew 19:16-21)

#6 - You shall not murder (Matthew 19:16-21)

#7 - You shall not commit adultery (Matthew 19:16-21)

#8 - You shall not steal (Matthew 19:16-21)

#9 - You shall not give false testimony (Matthew 19:16-21)

#10 - Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry (Colossians 3:5)

This reads like "How To Practice Hypocrisy In 10 Easy Lessons."

Your standard for repeated commands betrays a glaring double standard, notwithstanding I would never dare presume to require God to restate that which He has already made plain, anyway.

The Law of God is a chain from which no link may be safely removed.

To remove one link is to completely destroy the strength of the whole.

Those who will set aside one precept of God's commandments are preparing themselves to accept compromise upon all of the others.

James 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

The 4th commandment just happens to be the one that the adversary of souls has purposed to make, and has successfully made void in postmodern Christianity.

His reasons for choosing it are not without special strategic benefit to his cause.

The world is almost wholly consumed with idolatry. A careful observance of the commandment to memorialize creation every Seventh day would have done incalculable good to preserve mankind from worshipping the created rather than the Creator.

But men are so bound in their attachment to things and ideas that are sure to suffer rust and corruption that they will hear of no such requirement even if God Himself has recorded in His Word the etching of it in stone with His own finger.

But prophecy reveals that a revival of His entire Law, featuring prominently the forgotten article, will be proclaimed before His final testing of mankind shall come.

Revelation 14:7
Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

This call to worship God as Creator contains a virtual quote from the 4th commandment:

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For a group or individual to assume the alternative means self-disqualification.

That this would would be a pleasing standard to you, I have no doubt.

Unless it also applied to you.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The expression "the day of the Lord" in Rev. 1:10 has nothing to do with what day of the week the day of the visions was, but the day or period in the future
It's fine to read past events as recurring in some future prophetic way. If there is Bible showing it.

But doing away with the actual event for 'prophetic' purposes, is the hijinks of turning the Bible into fables only.

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

The Red Sea did part, and they walked across on dry ground.

And Jesus was transfigured on the mount.

when Jesus would be enthroned in heavens
Been there and done that since ascending into a cloud.

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
That day is a period when all those visions he saw will be fulfilled.
That will be when God dwells with man on the new earth.

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Annihilationism is fake news, so people will be challenging you on this... and of course anyone not embracing annihilationism is in error according to the SDA peoples.

Why dont you use the Bible to give your answers, everything you give is just assumed or personal opinion, and I dont mean to be harsh, but it gets a' bit long in the tooth', as they say.. Why not start a thread on New Covenant, or Annihilationism, or those things which you disagree and we can discuss it as brothers, rather than 'ripping out hearts and smashing skulls' every other post...

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
This reads like "How To Practice Hypocrisy In 10 Easy Lessons."

Your standard for repeated commands betrays a glaring double standard, notwithstanding I would never dare presume to require God to restate that which He has already made plain, anyway.

The Law of God is a chain from which no link may be safely removed.

To remove one link is to completely destroy the strength of the whole.

Those who will set aside one precept of God's commandments are preparing themselves to accept compromise upon all of the others.

James 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
I tried taking you honestly, but you're too much of a hypocrite to argue with.

You want to preach a 4th commandment Sabbath to Christians, and then pretend it's just an exercise of voluntary religious liberty.

Conclusion: you preach your own commanded sabbath with hypocrisy of work exceptions, and corban buy-outs of conscience.

The 4th commandment just happens to be the one that the adversary of souls has purposed to make, and has successfully made void in postmodern Christianity.

One thing is for sure, the devil certainly uses your little play-play sabbath to mock the OT 4th commandment.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to preach a 4th commandment Sabbath to Christians, and then pretend it's just an exercise of voluntary religious liberty.

I can't help that you can't understand that God wants His commands obeyed from a willing heart.

It's one of the more easily understood paradoxes posed in Scripture.

I find your hostility as unpleasant as you seem to find my alleged hypocrisy, if that's any consolation.

I think we have have a satisfactory, mutual reluctance to engage. :)

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conclusion: you preach your own commanded sabbath with hypocrisy of work exceptions, and corban buy-outs of conscience.

By the way, this rarely comes up in discussions—even where I've attended church. It's pretty much a molehill that you've made into a mountain.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you mean the neo-New Covenant.

Mocking the New Covenant... doesn't help your case.

Now, just don't you worry yourself about that.

After 34 years, I'm used to it.

I'd think after 34 years you understand that annihilationism is fake news and not biblical. funny.gif

Adventists are the appointed oppressors and everyone else are the oppressed

That's how some from the SDA roll ya know.

This call to worship God as Creator contains a virtual quote from the 4th commandment:

Then along comes Jesus establishing the New Covenant... and raises the standard from worshiping and resting just one day... to our entire lives being in submission unto the Lord all the time, not just the 7th day.

You enjoy your one day, those that follow the New Covenant will be worshiping and resting all the time! thumbsup2.gif

Jesus has upgraded His people... well, some of them at least.

Why dont you use the Bible to give your answers

You are quite welcome to go back thru the threads I've posted in concerning this topic and see lots of scripture on this topic.

Those that have been indoctrinated by Ellen G White's teachings.... go by what she says instead of God's Word

One thing is for sure, the devil certainly uses your little play-play sabbath to mock the OT 4th commandment.

Well, it is true the SDA are not keeping the sabbath as God's people were keeping it originally.

You'd think they would be observing Saturday sabbath as prescribed under the Law of Moses

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I can't help that you can't understand that God wants His commands obeyed from a willing heart.

It's one of the more easily understood paradoxes posed in Scripture.
It's no longer about the Bible. It's about your disgusting two-faced effort to play nice with a purely voluntary religious liberty, while condemning others for not practicing it with you.

It defrauds the OT 4th commandment and makes mockery of charitable mercy workers.

I find your hostility as unpleasant as you seem to find my alleged hypocrisy, if that's any consolation.
Good. Maybe you still have a conscience after all.

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Maybe that's why you try to play a religious liberty card. Perhaps you only assemble with real sabbath zealots, because you can't find any others, that only do so for voluntary religious liberty.

It's like going to uber-Pentecostal holiness churches, rather than enduring OSAS preaching that makes repented Christian saints want to vomit.

I think we have have a satisfactory, mutual reluctance to engage. :)

I only have more rebukes to your insincere character, if you want it.

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

You don't have to play to a zealot sabbath commandment church, just to sit in with them on your preferred sabbath day.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
By the way, this rarely comes up in discussions—even where I've attended church. It's pretty much a molehill that you've made into a mountain.

Of course not. I'm speaking for the body of Christ, not any playtime sabbath church group.

And of course hypocrites' never want to hear about their hypocrisy. They want their blatant mountain to appear a harmless little molehill.

And by at least acknowledging the hypocritical molehill, you condemn it as man's, not God's. God has no molehills in His kingdom.

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mocking the New Covenant... doesn't help your case.

I'd think after 34 years you understand that annihilationism is fake news and not biblical. View attachment 40206

That's how some from the SDA roll ya know.

Then along comes Jesus establishing the New Covenant... and raises the standard from worshiping and resting just one day... to our entire lives being in submission unto the Lord all the time, not just the 7th day.

You enjoy your one day, those that follow the New Covenant will be worshiping and resting all the time! View attachment 40204

Jesus has upgraded His people... well, some of them at least.

You are quite welcome to go back thru the threads I've posted in concerning this topic and see lots of scripture on this topic.

Those that have been indoctrinated by Ellen G White's teachings.... go by what she says instead of God's Word

Well, it is true the SDA are not keeping the sabbath as God's people were keeping it originally.

You'd think they would be observing Saturday sabbath as prescribed under the Law of Moses
No, under the Law of God and Christ gave a clear understanding of it when He came as we see in the NT and New Covenant.
I guess I will have to start the threads, I got several working so be patient with me...

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's no longer about the Bible. It's about your disgusting two-faced effort to play nice with a purely voluntary religious liberty, while condemning others for not practicing it with you.

It defrauds the OT 4th commandment and makes mockery of charitable mercy workers.

Good. Maybe you still have a conscience after all.

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Maybe that's why you try to play a religious liberty card. Perhaps you only assemble with real sabbath zealots, because you can't find any others, that only do so for voluntary religious liberty.

It's like going to uber-Pentecostal holiness churches, rather than enduring OSAS preaching that makes repented Christian saints want to vomit.

I only have more rebukes to your insincere character, if you want it.

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

You don't have to play to a zealot sabbath commandment church, just to sit in with them on your preferred sabbath day.

Of course not. I'm speaking for the body of Christ, not any playtime sabbath church group.

And of course hypocrites' never want to hear about their hypocrisy. They want their blatant mountain to appear a harmless little molehill.

And by at least acknowledging the hypocritical molehill, you condemn it as man's, not God's. God has no molehills in His kingdom.

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

If you want to discuss the topic, great, but if you just want to hurl anathemas, I'm not interested.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
If you want to discuss the topic, great,

There is no 'discussion' with someone trying to portray themselves as promoters of religious liberty for sabbaths, while condemning the innocent for not keeping their sabbaths.

As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife