Questions; Jesus, Peter, and the keys

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
We don't need the false teachings of your 'pope' Ellen G. White.
Demonizing Protestants and Catholics the way you do reduces you to a radical, minor fringe group with a lot of noise.
Be careful, you might hurt yourself by jumping to conclusions... I am not SDA or protestant or any denomination... Jesus had a minor fringe group, and one was a devil... Jesus said many are called but few are chosen...To put that into perspective in your establishment, it would be one 13 called to the one chosen...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do need a pope “father” to administer the kingdom and govern the church and to teach all nations Isa 22:21-22 Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19

what are you then if not a Protestant?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
taught what? That Jesus is the son of God? So why do you teach Jesus is God?
Because Jesus IS God (John 1:1).–
And whoever denies this fact is NOT a Christian.
What luxury? And what church? Of course, there are things in the OT that teaches Jesus is the messiah. That is why they knew they had found the messiah...
40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.
The luxury of having it explicitly taught from the New Testament and the Church – which is a luxury that Peter DIDN’T have.

As to your question about “What Church” - there is only ONE Church.
As to the verses you posted – they found out from John the Baptist.

NOWHERE is it stated in the OT that Jesus oof Nazareth is the Messiah. This wasn’t revealed until the NT.
where did I change the context? The context of the passage begins with Jesus asking whom do men say that I am... So it is not about who peter is but about who Peter believes Jesus is...
Because it’s NOT solely about who Jesus is – but about WHAT He is going to DO. He us building a Church and clearly putting someone in charge.
That has nothing to do with the discussion, so how could it be context?
Thank you for admitting that you DON’T understand Biblical context . . .
I am not a protestant... Did I say I was a protestant...? Protestants are the offspring of Catholics the mother of harlots.You are all strangers to the truth.
If you are a Baptized Christian – and not from a quasi-sect like JWs or Mormons – and are not from the Catholic or Orthodox Churches – you are a Protestant by definition. And NO amount protesting will change that fact.

Of course – Trinity deniers also fall into the category of quasi-sects.[/QUOTE]

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have an argument. You equated Peter to Jesus. You also think that Peter has the keys to the kingdom of David which includes the throne...]
You are a shaeless liar...these are your words in post #36..Eliakim being given the Keys to the house of David is an OT TYPE of Peter, who was given the Keys to the Kningdom of Heaven.
That’s a LIE.

I never equated Peter to Jesus. I never even said that he had the Keys to the Kingdom of David.
JESUS gave him the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt. 16:18).

STUDY your Bible . . .
Now you are equating the kingdom of God with the kingdom of Pharaoh. Jesus actually sits on the throne of David. You are assuming that Jesus is somehow shorthanded; that he must enlist the help of Peter to build his Church.

No it didn't, so how does that help your argument? Pharaoh is not Jesus is he? Pharaoh is not the son of God. Jesus gives us the ability to do this...
We don't need Peter or a Pope.
If you keep vomiting out LIES like this – we’ll never have an intelligent discussion.

I pointed to Joseph and Pharoah as a BIBLICAL EXAMPLE of authority given to a VICAR. A vicar acts on BEHALF of his master.
Joseph didn’t “replace” the Pharoah – just as Peter doesn’t “replace” Jesus – as YOU falsely asserted.
That is not scriptural, it is foolishness. The believers are the earthly representatives of Jesus....

2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

We don't need a pope sir...
This is rock-solid PROOF of your abject ignorance.

The “WE” and the “US” that Paul is talking about here is the Bishops and Presbyteroi – NOT the general congregation. He is talking about the Ministry of Reconciliation – Confession:

2 Cor. 5:18-20:
“And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and
given US the ministry of reconciliation, namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to US the message of reconciliation. So WE are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through US. WE implore YOU on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”

In 2 Cor. 2:10, he states, Whomever you forgive anything, so do I. For indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for you in the presence of Christ.

In the Greek, the word “presence” in this phrase is Prosopone, which means Person. In the PERSON of Christ is a more correct translation. Paul was indicating that they were forgiving sins in the PERSON of Christ, which is translated into Latin as In Persona Christi, per John 20:21-23.[/QUOTE]

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a giant factory somewhere Putting out millions of fundamentalists?

we got em coming out of our ears!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fundamentalism is not Christian!
Denys Christian doctrine revealed by God in Christ and taught by the apostolic church!

Fundamentalism is a violation the virtue of generosity!

Minimalists!
Always the absolute Least!
Alone! Solas!
Contrary to the Abundant life of divine providence:
Contrary to reason:

Fundamentalism is not reasonable!
It’s opposed to moderation!

Truth dispels fundamentalism!
Mercy dispels rigorism!
Moderation dispels extremism!
Hierarchical authority with
Peace and order dispels spiritual anarchy!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why I have Saint of God on ignore. He is incapable of dialogue and is here looking for fights.
Yup - he certainly does NOT engage in honest dialogue.

He always winds up regurgitating the same nonsense - even after it's been refuted.
Unfortunately - there are MANY like him here . . .