Questions Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
First of all - my apologies, these two posts of mine (this one and "Various Questions") I have been reading, but just wanted a little space to think before I came back to answer.(Hawkins;40970)
As the same thing may have different effect on different persons, why not jus try to figure it out by yourself.
I understand this, however it can be a little hard to grasp when that hasn't happened to you. That effect you haven't felt.
Then I figured out that there's another way of thinking, other than the scientific way of thinking, which leads to another set of knowledge. It's more like I have two sets of keys for the opening of two kinds of locked boxes. Logically speaking, what I have now is a superset of what I had in the past, what I had in the past is a subset of what I have now.The other day when I chatted with my brother-in-law who is a hardliner unbeliever, I said to him that I understand exactly the way how he thinks because I used to think the same way as how he thinks. Yet he doesn't understand how I think because he never experiences this way of seeking and searching, I have one more set of tools to use to assist my thinking.
When I was a Christian, science and my religion were quite seperate not really intentionally... that's just how it was, so to some degree. I understand.
I understand. Yet by Covenant we are saved by Faith. If to us, He's unmistakably God, how can we be saved?
You have a good point. But also he is God and he can save people if he chooses to.
I can actually make that example abit more 'scientific' to be illustrative. Almost all scientific truth are somewhat substantial or material in nature. They are about substances located in our 3-dimensional space.For the sake of arguement, spiritual beings substantially reside outside this 3D space but in an upper spatial dimension, which humans were made not to perceive.So now it becomes how effective we are going to explore things within our realm and things outside our 3D realm. Again,Science = easy, Spirituality = difficultWe might need another set of more correct tools to do the exploring, at least we try it another way around.
I do understand what you're saying on this, as there may well be other dimensons which we cannot see... but whether they contain God is a different question. Proving either or both is very difficult scientifically or not.
If so, try it by yourself. That's actually what is recommended.
I'm trying.
Well, I tried to speak in your language, a scientific one. Actually, it's quite interesting to speculate how those Christians speak highly spiritually to keep the other side clueless about what are said. They speak another language that the other side failed to grasp. Hehe...
wink.gif

There has to be some give and take to get to an understand to work from.
smile.gif

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Called 2 Conquer;41601)
1.) This one sort of is revised from the last topic - Apart from not going to hell, why should I believe? How will it better my life, me as a person, what difference will it make?2.) If anyone here was ever a "non-believer" - what convinced you to believe?3.) Flipping one of my questions here; you all can see that most of this religious no longer makes sense to me so - Does science, evidence and proof and other kinds of logic make sense to you?4.) I've established that your logic/belief is that complex life needs to have a "creator" and therefore "there must be a God"... so where did God come from?5.) Since no-one has yet proved me with any evidence or proof for the exsistence of God, I'm still looking for this. Be aware of what I've already been told and what I've already said in the other thread though.6.) Just because I'm interested - what do you think is the most misintrupted line/section of the bible and why?7.) Howcome if I was a Christian before, even then I didn't see any actual evidence?1. The difference it makes will be to you and is different for each person. While salvation experience have simularities they are all unique. I can no more tell you how it will effect you than you can tell me what it feels like to me to go swimming in the ocean. One thing I can tell you is that you will no God and will beable to hear his voice if you listen. To me that makes a huge difference.
Fair point.
2. Well everyone here was a one point a non believer. As for myself, I found Christ at 14. I was at a youth event listening to the keynote speaker. What he said to me resonated within me. I got thirsty. Not for water or soda or tea but an inner thirst. One that can not be quenched by human means. I tried many things to quench the thrist until once I opened the bible at random. As it turn out I opened to the woman at the well. It made perfect sense. I prayed and was changed. The change is on going and will be till I see Christ.
Interesting story, thank you for sharing.
3. Ok this is wierd to me. Science was discovered by men. God made men and everything else. God therefore made science. The problem with science is we keep trying to disprove God. We have come up with many different theories that remove God from the picture. The problem is that science come up against a wall when trying to explain existance. Its called the singularity. Science can't explain it. It is extremely frusterating to them. I can understand that because at one time I was really really mad at God and wanted to make Him go away. I thought if I could just find a way to discedit Him that He would lose power and disappear. Didn't work. I didn't even use science I just started looking at the bible in the worse way. looking at everything negatively. Real easy in the old testament. The problem hit with Jesus. There is now way anyone can look at what Jesus said and did so negatively that Jesus becomes a monster. I doubt this will help you because I truely believe you don't really want to know the truth but just like seeing Christians "chase our tails" trying to help you see. The thing is, we can't give up on you because God won't and as Believers we follow His example.
I'm not out to disprove God with science. I'm out to find the truth, however not just with science.Honestly though, if you believe I'm just here to watch you chase your tails trying to make me see, then perhaps I should leave because that's not my intention. I just don't see the point in me coming here asking my questions, one person answers and I accept them all just like that, if I don't understand, or if something doesn't make sense, doesn't add up (or add up for me anyway as the case maybe) then I want you to know, because maybe I read it wrong, maybe the new info I give you can provide the answer to, you can debunk it or something... yeah of course there's also the chance that you can't. If I point blank didn't believe then I wouldn't be here.
4. Where did God come from, thats always the "stumper" non beleivers drag out to shut believers up. God Himself answers this I am the Alpha (beginning) and the Omega (last). God is and always will be. He always has been. You don't want to hear this and will undoubtable use your; I don't believe in God because I can't use my five senses on Him or WHere's your proof? This is going to sound harsh and for that I am sorry. Die. When you die God Himself will correct you. There are no agnostics or atheist in hell. The problem is It is written that man dies once then the judgement. The question you need to answer is: Where am I going when I die? If you Know Christ you are sure it will be heaven. If you don't, then your not sure of anything. Note: dieing is the only sure way to get the answer you seek from God I am not suggesting you die by any means.
I don't want to shut any believers up. I want explainations, evidence, proof, etc. I do appreciate that boards like this have athiests come here just to simply poke fun, but I'm not one of them. Please do try to understand that, however if this is how you view me then I completely understand if you refuse to talk to me about this.I appreciate that God will reveal himself when I die, however I'm alive and looking for the evidence and looking for God whilst I am.
5. Have you considered prophecy to find proof. All the prophecies of Messiah (Jesus) had to be fulfilled in order to prove Jesus is the messiah. Disregard for now the ones for the rapture, tribulation, the 1000 year reign, the final judgement of Satan and the new heaven as they haven't happened yet. Focus on the ones that deal with his time one earth the first time. All the prophecies were made a minimum of 300 year before the birth of Christ and some as far as 1500 years before His birth. Thats a lot of proof. Remember Jesus claimed to be God.
I did explain this to me, something said earlier in a book and being fullfilled later isn't that amazing. That's not to discount prophecy all together though.
6. Matthew 7:1, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.My understanding is not that we shouldn't judge others but not to judge other by a different standard than you judge yourself. By that I mean, you can't judge others by their action and youself by your intentions. my support for this claim is Matthew 7:2, For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
I would agree.
7. you not going to like this. You weren't a Christian then. What you had is a religious experience. You were seed on the path, the rock or the thorns ( see sowers parable). Sorry but thats the truth.
I cannot reply to this one right now, I'm in the middle of a lot of thought about it.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Called 2 Conquer;41663)
I know the chasing the tail remark is harsh but I want you to understand I have read every post you made both original and in response to others. While what I said is only my opinion it is based on observation. I am happy you are seeking answers but you need to understand you are asking those that have not been glorified yet. By that I mean we can not see as God sees. The facts of God's presents are all around you but as the bible so accurately says in Matthew 13:15, For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.' I choosing the path you are on of requiring a visit by God Himself, you are closing your eyes and ears and heart. I know that asking fallible humans and human resources is all you believe can give you answers but I implore you to talk to God. He is always listening. He is alwas speaking to you and Hid hand is open wide waiting for you to take it. God will not, in this age, solve all your problems, wipe away all your tears or heal every injury. Mankind is not ready for that edenic life. Too many have yet to make a decision so God is being patient. As with the aforementioned prophecies of Christ there are prophecies about the rapture (removal of the current church) the tribulation ( God's last attept to get your attention) and the millenial kingdom ( the 1000 year reign of CHrist on earth). I and all other believers implore you not to wait. Right now salvation is easy. The book of Romans covers the entire plan for salvation. If you wait the rapture will happen and you will be left behind without even the fallible Christians you question now. Salvation will still be easy but the life you live will be the hardest of any time on the planet. If you wait to long during the tribulation you could find the choice of salvation removed as an option. That would be a true tragedy. I know that sounds cruel but keep in mind that salvation became easy for mankind in the year 33 now nearly 2000 years later God is still patiently wait on His creation. Man has a patience limit much shorter. Yes our life span is shorter and in perspective if God was limited to mans lifetime He could wait at a red light for 7 seconds less than 120 years. In 120 years there is 63,072,000 minutes God would wait 63,071,999 minute and 53 seconds before losing patience. This is something to think about as you continue to dout the existance of God.
I never said this was the only way in which I was searching, I prayed several times now. I've yet to hear God speak to me.I ask humans because they do believe, without a doubt they believe and it's these people that I have the best chance of getting some answers from.I'm fully aware that a day of judgement approaches in a believers eyes, however just like with hell. I'm not going to be scare mongered into believeing. All that happens then is I'm believeing because I don't want something bad to happen to me, not only is that bad but it's lying to myself and ultimately should he exist, lying to God. I should believe because I really do believe.I somehow managed to lose my faith, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit around and let it go without some sort of a fight. Hence I'm here asking questions and asking questions of other christians, I'm explaining to people what I think - why I think that in the hopes they can understand better, I'm trying all the different ways suggested to me of speaking and/or praying to God. Perhaps my ultimate answer does indeed come from God, but pointing in the right direction is always helpful.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Saint Gutfree;42018)
Have you ever asked anyone about what was going on historically in Judea around 70 ce?
Not directly no. You're welcome to share though or point me in the direction there of this information.