Quitting tobacco

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update: I'm still working on quitting. I tried to quit but I think my nicotine levels were too high from the chew tobacco. So I switched to cigarettes and am tapering off. Which is how I quit last time 20 years ago.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Update: I'm still working on quitting. I tried to quit but I think my nicotine levels were too high from the chew tobacco. So I switched to cigarettes and am tapering off. Which is how I quit last time 20 years ago.
This sounds a wise step forward in the process.
Well done for persevering and not quitting quitting!
Praying for strength to overcome and wisdom and keys in the process.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds a wise step forward in the process.
Well done for persevering and not quitting quitting!
Praying for strength to overcome and wisdom and keys in the process.
I had real strength last time I quit. I could go into smoke filled dance clubs back then and be OK not to smoke. I'm hoping I can let go of it while I still have tobacco left so that I have strength. But then I remember when I quit last time I flushed the last of my cigarettes down the toilet. But I switched to lights first and got low on my levels. They sell patches now that lower and keep lowering to quit. I guess I buy into that idea.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had real strength last time I quit. I could go into smoke filled dance clubs back then and be OK not to smoke. I'm hoping I can let go of it while I still have tobacco left so that I have strength. But then I remember when I quit last time I flushed the last of my cigarettes down the toilet. But I switched to lights first and got low on my levels. They sell patches now that lower and keep lowering to quit. I guess I buy into that idea.
But that was a long time ago - you’re probably in a different place mentally and physically now…I wouldn’t get too hung up on how it was last time but focus on succeeding this time.
I think it makes sense to reduce your nicotine levels over a period of time - nicotine replacement therapy in its different forms could help.
I don’t know if you’ve come across it, but Allen Carr did a book called ‘the easy way to quit smoking’ which has helped many people.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you and please keep this image in your head as you "embrace the suck" and are going through the motions.

And sometimes just eat a lot of white cheddar/cheesy popcorn and sleep through it.
54f7e118dba956529ececa6a259bed47.jpg

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Praying for you and please keep this image in your head as you "embrace the suck" and are going through the motions.

And sometimes just eat a lot of white cheddar/cheesy popcorn and sleep through it.
incidentally, there's lots of these little fellas at my back door. In the evenings they make a racket you wouldn't believe. It gets that loud at 2am I get up and have a polite chat with them. They sit on the edge of the bucket of water I have to clean my feet; look up at me with their big eyes and cute little feet and listen intently. I say, now guys, I've been listening to your show for hours; how about you dim it down so I can get some sleep.....hmmmmm, to my surprise, they heard me!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes I remember hanging on last time. Rough first day and then it gets better but not totally good until the 3rd day. At least that's how it worked for me.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the encouragement! Yes I remember hanging on last time. Rough first day and then it gets better but not totally good until the 3rd day. At least that's how it worked for me.
Third day is the pass for me, too.

I was busy on the third day but then after I got done I slept it through. Not ashamed of it. lol

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I remember right, Big League Chew was invented by some former MLB players who saw kids imitating the Big Leaguers chewing and spitting and adjusting their protective cups and wanted to give them something healthier (or less unhealthy) to chew than tobacco.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I remember right, Big League Chew was invented by some former MLB players who saw kids imitating the Big Leaguers chewing and spitting and adjusting their protective cups and wanted to give them something healthier (or less unhealthy) to chew than tobacco.
I think so, and if I remember right there was a whole story about it on the back of the package.... Haven't read it in about 25 years though.