Quitting tobacco

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, WELCOME!!!
emot-sotw.gif
emot-sotw.gif
emot-sotw.gif
emot-sotw.gif
Thank you for the welcome and dancing bananas!

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the encouragement! Yes I remember hanging on last time. Rough first day and then it gets better but not totally good until the 3rd day. At least that's how it worked for me.
How’s today going?
Have you planned any rewards for yourself for reaching certain milestones?
I’m all for lots of rewards!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How’s today going?
Have you planned any rewards for yourself for reaching certain milestones?
I’m all for lots of rewards!
I attempted to quit once and decided to take a break from quitting for a couple days. It wears me out. So I bought 3 cigars for today. I will be back at it tomorrow.

Last time I quit I failed several times before succeeding. So I don't really expect anything different this time.

Again thanks for the encouragement. Tobacco only makes you feel good when your withdrawing from it. Otherwise it does absolutely nothing for me. Just wears on my wallet and makes me less social. It ensnares with chains like a prisoner or something. That and it can cause cancer, which would be a terrible experience.

Reactions: Goldie75

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you brother! Tobacco can be harder to quit than heroin. But if you can make it two weeks most of the nicotine will be out of your blood and it will get easier. After a couple of months cravings should subside.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quit for a day and then failed again :( aaarrrggghhh
Lose the "Q" word. You're not quitting--you're done, Brother. You gotta claim it! It's already yours. Only believe. Only believe. Jesus paid it all. He bore everything ugly on His broad shoulders. One day it's all gonna be purged so thoroughly we won't even be able to remember any of it. Stand in the mirror, point at yourself, and say "You're a nonsmoker. A new creature. Jesus paid it all for you!" And if you're not comfortable with that, we'll figure out another way to get you psyched up--for Jesus's sake!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quit for a day and then failed again :( aaarrrggghhh
Well I'll pray God gives you the willpower.

I made a decision that I kept not being ready for and failed over and over again. I also had a lot of shame.

One day I prayed something along the lines of "If this was your will for me it wouldn't be so hard and I trust that God would make it easy."

So I kept on a bit, but only for a week, because the decision and the willpower was handed over.

Like the scripture says, "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.”

Not as intense as a Bible story, but still God's strength- and I pray he gives you that strength.

"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you" (Romans 8:11)

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I switched to vaping, and decreased the amount of nicotine in the ejuice till i got to 0. I was able to quit finally. God and i worked out this plan. Vape free for over 5 years-cant remember when I last had a cigarette --ages

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I switched to vaping, and decreased the amount of nicotine in the ejuice till i got to 0. I was able to quit finally. God and i worked out this plan. Vape free for over 5 years-cant remember when I last had a cigarette --ages
@Cassandra Although some ppl think that the desire to inhale is all part of experiencing and expressing personal sensibility and feeling, the desire can eventually go away, indeed, right?