Quitting tobacco

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I actually make my own nicotine juice - works out way cheaper and I can ensure I’m using safe ingredients.
Re daughter - yes - I did handle that particular situation well if I do say so myself lol!
@Goldie75 Sounds like you are quite knowledgeable about how to prepare your material for your inhales. You've probably spent time learning and researching how to do it. Does your daughter know you make your own nicotine juice? because it sounds like she doesn't want to use any herself currently.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Goldie75 Sounds like you are quite knowledgeable about how to prepare your material for your inhales. You've probably spent time learning and researching how to do it. Does your daughter know you make your own nicotine juice? because it sounds like she doesn't want to use any herself currently.
Yeah - I did my research but it wasn’t hard.
Actually- I don’t know if my children know or not…though it’s not a private thing. I think all 3 properly understand the nature of nicotine addiction and have no desire to walk into it which was one of my goals with them.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quitting bald turkey....

...If I had to mess up my words in my head, everyone else has to read it.
wait-confused.gif
Did you quit cold turkey? Or did you taper down?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the information, maybe I'll try vaping to decrease my levels like Cassandra mentioned.
@devin553344

I quit, but I was using these Blu ones.

You can try this link, but usually I got them from ampm there. They're usually about $10 but depends on the vendor.

The pens are a lot better than those giant tanks.

CA Site

Reactions: dev553344

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah - I did my research but it wasn’t hard.
Actually- I don’t know if my children know or not…though it’s not a private thing. I think all 3 properly understand the nature of nicotine addiction and have no desire to walk into it which was one of my goals with them.
@Goldie75 I see; you know they are adults now and whether or not they learn about making the nicotine juice is something they can take responsibility for as adults.

And like, (of course!) they know you are an adult, too; and that whether you make it and do it is your business, too....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
if they were going to smoke regardless…then yes, I’d prefer they used an ecig with sound quality nicotine.
@Goldie75 So you do think that it would be crude sources of nicotine that would concern you most if your daughters smoked? Like, informing/educating ppl about nicotine juice would be part of it, I guess.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Goldie75 So....up to now are you kind of ticking over steadily at a level of e-cigs? or maybe managing to cut down just a bit yet?
Atm, I am peacefully at a steady level - benefitting from not going found in circles continually failing…with all the negatives that brings.

I will know in my heart when it’s time to reduce but it’s not now.

I’m believing God to be fully free from this addiction. But it has to be in His strength.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Atm, I am peacefully at a steady level - benefitting from not going found in circles continually failing…with all the negatives that brings.

I will know in my heart when it’s time to reduce but it’s not now.

I’m believing God to be fully free from this addiction. But it has to be in His strength.
@Goldie75 I reckon a key word there is steady, right?