Quitting tobacco

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I switched to vaping, and decreased the amount of nicotine in the ejuice till i got to 0. I was able to quit finally. God and i worked out this plan. Vape free for over 5 years-cant remember when I last had a cigarette --ages
That’s wonderful!!
I can’t remember the last cigarette I smoked - and for me atm, that’s the main thing. There may come a time when I reduce/cut the nicotine but it’s just not a priority now - and I feel at peace with God over this - there are other things He is actively dealing with me /convicting me over - mainly about attitudes.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I switched to vaping, and decreased the amount of nicotine in the ejuice till i got to 0. I was able to quit finally. God and i worked out this plan. Vape free for over 5 years-cant remember when I last had a cigarette --ages
Yes Maybe I just quit too fast. I was successful 20 years ago when I cut down to ultra-light cigarettes and then stopped. It worked for me. Perhaps I will try again soon, but I need to take another break.

I have schizophrenia and get these nasty dizzy hallucinating spells from time to time. When I quit for a day I got these spells and they lasted the entire day so it threw me off this time.

Reactions: Goldie75

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s wonderful!!
I can’t remember the last cigarette I smoked - and for me atm, that’s the main thing. There may come a time when I reduce/cut the nicotine but it’s just not a priority now - and I feel at peace with God over this - there are other things He is actively dealing with me /convicting me over - mainly about attitudes.
I felt a drain of the holy spirit when I was smoking but not when I was chewing tobacco. I wonder if there is something to the smoke. I read that any kind of smoke basically can cause cancer, even smoked meats eating regularly can cause cancer. And I recently read that they could not link an increase in cancer with chewing tobacco. I posted the studies here:Concerned about cancer...

Maybe vaping decreases the risks associated with smoke type cancer?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s wonderful!!
I know the feeling!!! I always used tobacco flavored kind, and when I got to zero percent, I was tasting cigarettes and inhaling what tasted like smoke, but it took a day for me to get real used to it. The Holy Spirit had started bothering me about giving it up completely. (I live in a family of non smokers, and i wasn't a good witness) . I had other things I needed to get rid of first. We all are on different levels, and I truly believe that it was God's plan for me to decrease by vaping. He takes us as we are, and some of us need a little more molding that others

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Maybe I just quit too fast. I was successful 20 years ago when I cut down to ultra-light cigarettes and then stopped. It worked for me. Perhaps I will try again soon, but I need to take another break.

I have schizophrenia and get these nasty dizzy hallucinating spells from time to time. When I quit for a day I got these spells and they lasted the entire day so it threw me off this time.
I have mental health problems too - I do think it’s harder for some people to quit than others. Smoking electronic cigarettes has released me from the revolving prison door which was playing havoc with my brain!! I have asthma too - but fortunately e cigs don’t seem to affect my breathing at all.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We all are on different levels, and I truly believe that it was God's plan for me to decrease by vaping. He takes us as we are, and some of us need a little more molding that others
100% agree.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I felt a drain of the holy spirit when I was smoking but not when I was chewing tobacco. I wonder if there is something to the smoke. I read that any kind of smoke basically can cause cancer, even smoked meats eating regularly can cause cancer. And I recently read that they could not link an increase in cancer with chewing tobacco. I posted the studies here:Concerned about cancer...

Maybe vaping decreases the risks associated with smoke type cancer?
From what I understand, smoking an e-cigarette has very few health problems compared to properly smoking. Obviously it would be better not to smoke at all, but it’s definitely the lesser of 2 evils,

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
From what I understand, smoking an e-cigarette has very few health problems compared to properly smoking. Obviously it would be better not to smoke at all, but it’s definitely the lesser of 2 evils,
@Goldie75 So sounds like you would prefer if your daughters - if they wanted to smoke at all - used vaping - the benefits of which you have found - rather than cigarettes?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Me too with mental illness! Been hospitalized at least 3 times for major depression!! Maybe we three(Goldie--I read your post ♥) just have to do it in a different way. God has a plan for everyone, taking into account our past:

Psalm 87:4 "

5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there.
Selah.
He truly understands us!

Devin, after switching to vaping, I got my second wind back within a couple days. After a while, a friend of my soninlaw asked him if I had throat surgery because the raspiness in my voice was gone!!

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Goldie75 So sounds like you would prefer if your daughters - if they wanted to smoke at all - used vaping - the benefits of which you have found - rather than cigarettes?
They’re all mid twenties now and none of them smoke. One dabbled for a while but we worked through it.
I don’t want them to be addicted to anything…but if they were going to smoke regardless…then yes, I’d prefer they used an ecig with sound quality nicotine.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Me too with mental illness! Been hospitalized at least 3 times for major depression!! Maybe we three(Goldie--I read your post ♥) just have to do it in a different way. God has a plan for everyone, taking into account our past:

5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there.
Selah.
He truly understands us!

Devin, after switching to vaping, I got my second wind back within a couple days. After a while, a friend of my soninlaw asked him if I had throat surgery because the raspiness in my voice was gone!!
@Cassandra Well....sounds like without that raspy voice you'll less likely make a rock singer, then........ :) Sounds like you're really glad to be quit!

Reactions: Goldie75

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the information, maybe I'll try vaping to decrease my levels like Cassandra mentioned.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Selah.
He truly understands us!

❤️❤️❤️

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They’re all mid twenties now and none of them smoke. One dabbled for a while but we worked through it.
I don’t want them to be addicted to anything…but if they were going to smoke regardless…then yes, I’d prefer they used an ecig with sound quality nicotine.
@Goldie75 Sounds like you yourself only use sound quality nicotine in your vapes. And sounds like you managed to help persuade the daughter that started, not to keep doing it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Selah.
He truly understands us!

Great testimony! It gives me hope. I will need to get to a point where I can be alone for several days while I quit, and that couldn't happen this time. I started smoking again to get rid of the dizzy hallucinating spells which are terrible to have to deal with. I'll try vaping I think this next time. And reduce as you did.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quitting bald turkey....

...If I had to mess up my words in my head, everyone else has to read it.
wait-confused.gif

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Goldie75 Sounds like you yourself only use sound quality nicotine in your vapes. And sounds like you managed to help persuade the daughter that started, not to keep doing it.
I actually make my own nicotine juice - works out way cheaper and I can ensure I’m using safe ingredients.
Re daughter - yes - I did handle that particular situation well if I do say so myself lol!