Re Spirit baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

The law was not even given yet in Noah's time

You really need to study.. the law never saved anyone.. Even Abraham was saved by faith.. as the word says, Abraham believes and God accounted it top him as righteousness.
It had to have been. That is what the antediluvians were judged with, and what Cain was judged with, etc.. Noah even knew the difference between clean and unclean animals, and that is not spelled out till Moses time, either.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the account of the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8. He confessed his belief but was still in need of baptism. Notice in Philip's preaching Christ to him and his inquiry regarding baptism. Obviously, part of Philip's preaching of the gospel to him included the need to be baptized as well as confession of belief per Romans 10:9
I agree with you my brother Amen

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry I tried to study this with this site but it is best I back out and let you study it yourself
FYI - i BELIEVE in the scriptural importance of water baptism

i KNOW that it cannot save anyone

i water baptize in the Name above all names - the LORD Jesus Christ

What we are doing here on this thread is bringing forth from scripture the Eternal Life that can only be found in the precious Blood of the LORD Jesus Christ and the MOST IMPORTANT baptism of ALL = the Baptism in/of the Holy Spirit

Peace

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It had to have been. That is what the antediluvians were judged with, and what Cain was judged with, etc.. Noah even knew the difference between clean and unclean animals, and that is not spelled out till Moses time, either.
John 1:17 - "For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI - i BELIEVE in the scriptural importance of water baptism

i KNOW that it cannot save anyone

i water baptize in the Name above all names - the LORD Jesus Christ

What we are doing here on this thread is bringing forth from scripture the Eternal Life that can only be found in the precious Blood of the LORD Jesus Christ and the MOST IMPORTANT baptism of ALL = the Baptism in/of the Holy Spirit

Peace
I have tried to study the subject of baptism with you but you do not show me where my scripture I point toward have any bearing in our study. You do not show me why they do not align and confirm the other as I have tried to show using Gods word.

You say with out proof with scripture that Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ does not have any salvation principle at all it is just an empty ritual that just symbolizes the inward to the outward .

I tried to show using Gods word that you missed the point that God was trying to teach you on that but instead it was where he chose to do the cleansing work of transforming you from dead in sin to alive in Christ and you had not showed me with scripture where that was not the case

I have asked you to read the 6TH chapter of Romans where Paul clearly teaches that The baptism in Christ name is where one is changed by the work of God from dead in sin to alive in Christ. You have not dealt with that.

You keep telling me that baptism does not save you but God tells me it does I was just trying to study this with you but apparently you are not open for study.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am truly sorry I came off that way in your mind. I truly was just trying to study the word of God with you. It is not my words but Gods word I was trying to discuss. I tried to get you to voice your opinion on the subject and study why our views differ and go to the bible to see which aligns with God's word. I thought I was showing how God's word confirms the text of Acts 2:38. I do not think it is the sole teaching on salvation but it is a part as I have tried to show you through God's word.

I see that most does not have the scriptural view as to what God put into baptism and was just trying to see if we could let the bible defend the subject I truly did not to offend anyone just wanted to study to show ourselves approved. I am sorry that this subject is so hard for us to study and will step out the best I can and not study with you all again so sorry to have offended you just thought this was a christian site where study of Gods word was encouraged.
No worries.
Let's be respectful of each others views going forward. Thanks.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

If you break it down, I'm not sure that Acts 2:38 even makes sense.
1) Repent
Is this done in a moment of time and is then finished? Nope.
2) Be baptized
How exactly? Water baptism, or the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?
3) In the name of Jesus Christ
A task for the baptism facilitator, I suppose?
(and none of this Trinity stuff that Jesus commanded!)
4) For the remission of your sin
I thought Christ took care of that on the cross,
Why is my act paying for my own sin? I don't get it.
5) And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
How did I repent without the help of the Holy Spirit?
I don't get it until now?
I am sorry I tried to study this with this site but it is best I back out and let you study it yourself
No, you are welcome here.
I wanted to demonstrate how easy it is to mindlessly take something familiar and not question it.
When you break it down, sometimes these things fall apart.

And in this case some serious questions arise. The Bible has contradictions we need to steer around.
Like Jesus' commandment to baptize in the names of the Trinity, which we see nowhere in the rest of the New Testament.
What's up with that?

And how do we react? With workaround apologetics. Thus denying obvious contradictions.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the account of the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8. He confessed his belief but was still in need of baptism. Notice in Philip's preaching Christ to him and his inquiry regarding baptism. Obviously, part of Philip's preaching of the gospel to him included the need to be baptized as well as confession of belief per Romans 10:9
Was it a NEED to be baptized, or a desire?
He wasn't joining their church, as he was heading back to Ethiopia.
Seems he wanted to solidify a decision to follow Jesus.

We seem to be lining up on either side of whether baptism is needed for salvation.

@Jim C

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried to study the subject of baptism with you but you do not show me where my scripture I point toward have any bearing in our study. You do not show me why they do not align and confirm the other as I have tried to show using Gods word.

You say with out proof with scripture that Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ does not have any salvation principle at all it is just an empty ritual that just symbolizes the inward to the outward .

I tried to show using Gods word that you missed the point that God was trying to teach you on that but instead it was where he chose to do the cleansing work of transforming you from dead in sin to alive in Christ and you had not showed me with scripture where that was not the case

I have asked you to read the 6TH chapter of Romans where Paul clearly teaches that The baptism in Christ name is where one is changed by the work of God from dead in sin to alive in Christ. You have not dealt with that.

You keep telling me that baptism does not save you but God tells me it does I was just trying to study this with you but apparently you are not open for study.

We are baptised into Christ, through the Holy Spirit, which is the spiritual birth....the rebirth/ regenerated...brought Alive in Christ, by the Holy Spirit, he births our spirit into his..it’s his supernatural power that births us, you do know his word is Alive and Active?...which means what to you?​

Hebrews 4:12

New International Version

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

John 3:8​

“The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

Romans 6​

New International Version​

Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ​

6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Godslittleservant
We seem to be lining up on either side of whether baptism is needed for salvation.

Some of us have shown that baptism is NOT needed for salvation.
(though important for other reasons)
You seem to be of the opposite opinion.

Do you have more than Acts 2:38 to make your case?
Present your position.

But don't assume that your collection of scriptures is better than anyone else's.
I have a pet peeve about those who play the "God card" to win the argument.

Reactions: Ritajanice

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To receive deliverance is to abide in Christ, who baptizes in holy spirit and fire.

Not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ because it is the power of God unto Salvation.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
Great post, thanks.
I noticed something in the wording of this verse.
It says, "... all of us who were baptized...", which would indicate baptized believers as a subset of all believers.
It doesn't say "... all of us were baptized...", it says, "... all of us who were baptized..." Interesting.

@Godslittleservant

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you my brother Amen
FYI -- We can be brothers and sisters even when we don't agree.
Another pet peeve of mine. - LOL
Several topics on the subject of UNITY.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This right here. As plain and straightforward as it could possibly be.

And yet there are those who will not accept this because they think it too simple. The sinful nature wants to complicate things -- to add unnecessary steps and conditions to things.
People need to understand that God doesn't need your $.02, and most certainly does not require your approval, for anything.

"HUMBLE yourself in the sight of The Lord..."
I think to John 3, I just led my cell group in this passage. we talked about why the people of Israel did nto look to the serpent to live when moses raised it up. We determined they thought it was "to easy" and they continued to walk in unbelief and died..

2 Corinthians 11:3
But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently I am not getting my point across or we have blinders on for we are not hearing that there is a difference in spiritual baptism verses spirit upon for a season to accomplish the work of God. Thank you for hearing me out but I have nothing left to say because no one is hearing me or showing me my error buy scripture.
what does spirit baptism have to do with water baptism?

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law was given to moses.. as a written testimony

No one was ever saved by the law.. so no one under the law (Israel) was ever saved by it

that was the mistake they made, and why they crucified Christ.

lets not make the same mistake.

as for the law. I believe it is written in our DNA.. that is why even the gentiles, who did not have the law. by practice obeyed..its our moral compass within us.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 6 is not water baptism.

It is the act of God baptizing us into Christ.

it is spirit baptism, as promised by John the baptist.

Water baptism does nto save you. Peter did not tell people in acts to to get baptized to receive remission of sin. He said get baptized on the account you have already received remission of sin.. Because they repented. and received the spirit.

Again, if you study deeper (the greek) you will see it does nto say what many think it says by the English translation.

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI -- We can be brothers and sisters even when we don't agree.
Another pet peeve of mine. - LOL
Several topics on the subject of UNITY.

just a question

can two people who have two different gospels be true brothers?

Gal 1: 6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert[a] the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be [b]accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8:35 - Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. 36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” 37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” Water baptism "follows" conversion. (Acts 10:43-47)

Compare with John 20:31 - but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. *What happened to baptism? *Also, what happened to baptism in (John 3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29.40.47; 11:25,26?) Did Jesus forget to mention it?

Confessing with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in our heart that God raised Him from the dead are not two separate steps to salvation but are chronologically together.

Romans 10:8 - But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (TOGETHER) that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, (notice the reverse order from verse 9-10) - that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Confess/believe; believe/confess.

1 Corinthians 12:3 - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except BY the Holy Spirit. There is divine influence or direct operation of the Holy Spirit in the heart of a person when confessing Jesus as Lord. This confession is not just a simple acknowledgment that Jesus is the Lord (even the demons believe that), but is a deep, personal conviction from the heart that Jesus is that person's Lord and Savior.