Re Spirit baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- What baptism did John the Baptist provide? The baptism of repentance looking forward to the baptism in Christ
- What baptism did Jesus receive from John the Baptist? Jesus was baptized only to fulfill Gods word he needed not the baptism but did it because he was walking in men shoes showing how to keep Gods commandments.
- Did Jesus receive the Spirit? The spirit came upon Jesus but he did it as a sign from God that Jesus was his son Jesus God and the spirit are one.
- If so, indwelling, or for power? answered above
- Was there a laying on of hands? (to impart) no need to

- What was the purpose of the baptism that Jesus' disciples administered? - See John 4:1-3 That one you referenced in John 4 was the same as the one in you question as John the baptist. The one in Acts two was for the remission of sin and giving the indwelling spirit

- Did Jesus disciples lack the indwelling Spirit? it does not clearly say but lead to no they had the indwelling will have to check for scripture to support but Paul talks a lot of having the indwelling
- What baptism were they told to wait in Jerusalem for? I think it could be answered for 2 one being the indwelling Acts 15 and the other being with power Acts 1:8

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The First Movement of the Spirit unto Salvation is thru the hearing of the Word.

First with our physical ears = Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

Second with our heart(spirit) = Romans 10:8
The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Third is with our mouth/confession = Romans 10:8
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
That is a good start but you left out repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel has been the same since Adam and Eve.

Did Noah get baptized? What about Abraham? Or Daniel?

they all repented. and trusted God. but when did they get baptized
You really need to study to rightly divide the word of truth Noah live under the old law (covenant that has been replaced with a new covenant it is spelled out clearly in the word of God that we are to live by

Reactions: DJT_47

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really need to study to rightly divide the word of truth Noah live under the old law (covenant that has been replaced with a new covenant it is spelled out clearly in the word of God that we are to live by
lol

The law was not even given yet in Noah's time

You really need to study.. the law never saved anyone.. Even Abraham was saved by faith.. as the word says, Abraham believes and God accounted it top him as righteousness.

Reactions: David in NJ

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The First Movement of the Spirit unto Salvation is thru the hearing of the Word.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Heresy! Heresy! Where's the baptism? - LOL

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy! Heresy! Where's the baptism? - LOL
A 'sprinkle' here a 'dunk' over there
if a man's heart believes not
Salvation will not Appear

Words that are Spirit
Words that are Life
when found in the Heart
will convict a man of sinful strife

Words that are Spirit
Words that are Life
will save a Soul
from the Darkest Knight

Words that are Spirit
Words that are Life
brings the Greatest Joy
for those who inherit Eternal Life

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a good start but you left out repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38
Have you received the Baptism with the Holy Spirit with evidence?
Evidence being any manifestation of the Holy Spirit listed in I Corinthians chapter 12.

That's what the Samaria topic is really about. The Apostles laid hands on the water-baptized Samaritan
believers because they lacked the evidence of Spirit baptism.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David in NJ said:

Left out? ???
Looks complete UNTO salvation to me.

Romans 10:9 NIV
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A 'sprinkle' here a 'dunk' over there
if a man's heart believes not
Salvation will not Appear

Words that are Spirit
Words that are Life
when found in the Heart
will convict a man of sinful strife

Words that are Spirit
Words that are Life
will save a Soul
from the Darkest Knight

Words that are Spirit
Words that are Life
brings the Greatest Joy
for those who inherit Eternal Life
Nice poetry.
Seems almost lyrical. Thanks.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice poetry.
Seems almost lyrical. Thanks.
Surely, by the Spirit, you can add melody to those lyrics of mine

Did i say "mine"?
Oh no, not me
It is the Spirit that is Divine

His Joy that filled the soul of mine
Oh no, not mine
JESUS paid the price for this flawed design of mine

Now i belong to Him
He who died on that Tree

Nay, not my blood could avenge my sin
Only the Lamb who was FREE
His Blood alone was the price Paid for me

Oh what a Heavenly Design
that saved the soul of mine
and no doubt
JESUS did this just in Time

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This right here. As plain and straightforward as it could possibly be.

And yet there are those who will not accept this because they think it too simple. The sinful nature wants to complicate things -- to add unnecessary steps and conditions to things.
People need to understand that God doesn't need your $.02, and most certainly does not require your approval, for anything.

"HUMBLE yourself in the sight of The Lord..."

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

The law was not even given yet in Noah's time

You really need to study.. the law never saved anyone.. Even Abraham was saved by faith.. as the word says, Abraham believes and God accounted it top him as righteousness.
Apparently I am not getting my point across or we have blinders on for we are not hearing that there is a difference in spiritual baptism verses spirit upon for a season to accomplish the work of God. Thank you for hearing me out but I have nothing left to say because no one is hearing me or showing me my error buy scripture.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David in NJ said:

Left out? ???
Looks complete UNTO salvation to me.

Then what are you going to do with the command to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sin and ye shall reverie the gift of the holy ghost.
Did God not mean what he said here or is it optional a take it or leave, just a suggestion? Or is that scripture in Acts 2:38 only in my bible?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And yet there are those who will not accept this because they think it too simple. The sinful nature wants to complicate things -- to add unnecessary steps and conditions to things.
People need to understand that God doesn't need your $.02, and most certainly does not require your approval, for anything.

Agree.
I credit @David in NJ for setting that one up for us.
I just went for the kill. - LOL

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what are you going to do with the command to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sin and ye shall reverie the gift of the holy ghost.
Did God not mean what he said here or is it optional a take it or leave, just a suggestion? Or is that scripture in Acts 2:38 only in my bible?
How come YOUR biblical OPINION is the inspired WORD of God and everyone else's view falls short of your GLORY?

Acts 2:38 is NOT the center of the universe. And it certainly doesn't supplant the REST of the Bible.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you break it down, I'm not sure that Acts 2:38 even makes sense.
1) Repent
Is this done in a moment of time and is then finished? Nope.
2) Be baptized
How exactly? Water baptism, or the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?
3) In the name of Jesus Christ
A task for the baptism facilitator, I suppose?
(and none of this Trinity stuff that Jesus commanded!)
4) For the remission of your sin
I thought Christ took care of that on the cross,
Why is my act paying for my own sin? I don't get it.
5) And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
How did I repent without the help of the Holy Spirit?
I don't get it until now?

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come YOUR biblical OPINION is the inspired WORD of God and everyone else's view falls short of your GLORY?

Acts 2:38 is NOT the center of the universe. And it certainly doesn't supplant the REST of the Bible.
I am truly sorry I came off that way in your mind. I truly was just trying to study the word of God with you. It is not my words but Gods word I was trying to discuss. I tried to get you to voice your opinion on the subject and study why our views differ and go to the bible to see which aligns with God's word. I thought I was showing how God's word confirms the text of Acts 2:38. I do not think it is the sole teaching on salvation but it is a part as I have tried to show you through God's word.

I see that most does not have the scriptural view as to what God put into baptism and was just trying to see if we could let the bible defend the subject I truly did not to offend anyone just wanted to study to show ourselves approved. I am sorry that this subject is so hard for us to study and will step out the best I can and not study with you all again so sorry to have offended you just thought this was a christian site where study of Gods word was encouraged.

• Love

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you break it down, I'm not sure that Acts 2:38 even makes sense.
1) Repent
Is this done in a moment of time and is then finished? Nope.
2) Be baptized
How exactly? Water baptism, or the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?
3) In the name of Jesus Christ
A task for the baptism facilitator, I suppose?
(and none of this Trinity stuff that Jesus commanded!)
4) For the remission of your sin
I thought Christ took care of that on the cross,
Why is my act paying for my own sin? I don't get it.
5) And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
How did I repent without the help of the Holy Spirit?
I don't get it until now?
I am sorry I tried to study this with this site but it is best I back out and let you study it yourself

• Sad

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read the account of the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8. He confessed his belief but was still in need of baptism. Notice in Philip's preaching Christ to him and his inquiry regarding baptism. Obviously, part of Philip's preaching of the gospel to him included the need to be baptized as well as confession of belief per Romans 10:9

Reactions: Godslittleservant