Reacting to Satanists?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

transparent_opacity

Sep 10, 2007
I've been told by a few people recently that their satanists. I believe a few of them and the others I don't, but how should I react to them when they tell me their a satanist? What should I say if I say anything?

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
Most people are not. They say it for shock value. I have a friend who's the same way. He Likes to talk about people who are "sheep" and follow fads or religion blindly while he does the most shocking things and acts like they are all acts that come from within him. Whenever we have a small bet going or are playing rock paper scissors he likes to say "Satan" and says that
He's got more things saying Satan's name than calling out Jesus or God
It angered me before and even now that I'm back on my path towards Christ, it still bugs me. What I do as calmly as possible ask him why would you call out the name of someone who is universally known as evil? With friends and people like that you can't go and tell them that Christ is the way. You have to show them that every other way is the wrong way. It's how you approach the situation.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(transparent_opacity;46358)
I've been told by a few people recently that their satanists. I believe a few of them and the others I don't, but how should I react to them when they tell me their a satanist? What should I say if I say anything?
Don't let it get you mad. Most of the time they are looking for a immediate emotion change and just want to upset you/start an argument. Do not just say fine go ahead. Just do not get to the point where you are leaving your Christian ways and arguing and getting mad. There are always the people who will do this. You should tell them God loves them. Also you do. Just explain God's love. When the time comes for them it will come!

Aleks_Kravchuk

Mar 14, 2008
(eternalarcadia;46474)
ask them what they gain by being a "satanist"
Good point.
smile.gif

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Ask them nothing, nothing at all. Its best you leave it at that. What people fail to see is that Satanic Worshipers do not worship Satan himself rather his acts, things he commits or causes to happen. Its best you do not dig where you do not belong....please do not try to convert these people its dangerous especially to you...change the subject....Satanic worship and its followers are no place for the unknowing to poke around in...

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Jerusalem Junkie;46481)
Ask them nothing, nothing at all. Its best you leave it at that. What people fail to see is that Satanic Worshipers do not worship Satan himself rather his acts, things he commits or causes to happen. Its best you do not dig where you do not belong....please do not try to convert these people its dangerous especially to you...change the subject....Satanic worship and its followers are no place for the unknowing to poke around in...
Yeah, and Kaballa too!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Wakka;46482)
Yeah, and Kaballa too!
Make fun but this is dangerous ground as I said. Your faith in God better be as strong as a fortress all I can say. Why do you think most Priest cannot perform exorcisms their faith is not strong enough to with stand the onslaught.....all I am going to say.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I agree with JJ, if your going to get into a serious discussion with these people about their faith and yours you better be sure you are ready for anything. You must acknowledge that they are pretty much our exact opposites and being so are going to be the most difficult to convince. If you have ANY doubt about your readiness for confronting them then immediately drop it. You cannot enter into such territory with weak faith. I'm not saying you have weak faith either, I am saying that you have to be extremely strong to be confident that you will not falter in such a situation. I think the best thing you can do for these people is to pray for them, besides, any serious change of heart is going to be done by God. Not by anything you say or do.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree with JJ,Wakka and follower2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial,(Satan) or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? . 17 "Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No one said anything about being intimidated,but only a fool willing walks into a den of Lions15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial,(Satan) or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
(eternalarcadia;46515)
jesus said he would always be with us..?
Yes he may be with us but if your not strong you will fall in battle.It's like being led by the greatest general ever, but you didn't finish boot camp. You need to know your word like a soldier knows his weapon. Soldiers know how to take apart clean and put their weapon back together. We should be the same with the word of God.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(eternalarcadia;46515)
jesus said he would always be with us..?
True. Jesus is always with us to suppport us and give us strength. But we are expected to do our part as well. We are to know the word of God and be strong in our faith, these are things that we have to do. If aren't EXTREMELY familiar with the word of God than you obviously shouldn't be standing toe to toe with somebody who completely opposes everything you believe.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We have an example in the apostels Christ told them to stay away from the pharisees he didnt tell them to hang out with them

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(eternalarcadia;46512)
are you guys saying we should be intimidated by satan? we have been given power over the devil!
Never be intimdated by them at least do not let on you are...thats a sign of weakness on your part. You have to remember thats how Satan works in the real world he plays on peoples weakness....he feeds off your inability to have strength in your faith...thats how people fall victim to drugs, alcohol and other things their weakness to control their addiction......to Satan thats like sharks at a feeding frenzy....and Kriss is right you do not have to hang out with them you have a choice..they have chosen their way and you have chosen yours let it go at that. Its best to let sleeping dogs lay.............

Cybella

Mar 25, 2008
I wouldn't be intimidated or bothered by them Besides, most satanists don't really worship Satan, they see the religion as a kind of self-worship. Not too nice, but still not really 'devil worship"

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Cybella;46573)
I wouldn't be intimidated or bothered by them Besides, most satanists don't really worship Satan, they see the religion as a kind of self-worship. Not too nice, but still not really 'devil worship"
Exactly...as I said its the worship of acts committed by Satan more than the worship of Satan himself.....