Rebellion in Oregon, USA, beginning of this year

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Andrey son of Lion said:
What is known about new details of continuing
rebellion in Oregon, USA, where in the beginning of January this year, armed militia occupied the roads and administrative buildings?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-armed-militia-turns-away-pacific-patriot-network-help/
Though we see ourselves as free people living in a land of freedom, the news tends to be somewhat filtered and anything concerning rebellion or terrorism comes to us in a reduced form that's easier for us to swallow without panic. Much of what's happening in the world is never aired on television or public media. We are told that our government has been able to thwart terrorist plots regularly since 9/11/2001 by using the means provided under the patriot act, yet there have been more than a few "accidents" on public rails, at power plants, and other sensitive sites affecting fairly large populations. If these weren't accidents its unlikely that we would know it, given the desire to keep our people confident in the government's power to protect us. I am employed by one of the owners of a 9/11 target and was very busy that day and on the days that followed, helping prepare response and rescue teams for their mission. We monitored police communication continuously to prevent prolonged communication interruptions. On that day, I heard reports of the Arabic celebrations in liberty state park which people have mocked Donald Trump for mentioning in his campaign. I also heard the report of a van loaded with explosives stopped prior to reaching its target, yet I never heard a single thing about the incident reported in the news. I suppose that there is a certain wisdom in this:
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael V Pardo said:
Though we see ourselves as free people living in a land of freedom, the news tends to be somewhat filtered and anything concerning rebellion or terrorism comes to us in a reduced form that's easier for us to swallow without panic. Much of what's happening in the world is never aired on television or public media. We are told that our government has been able to thwart terrorist plots regularly since 9/11/2001 by using the means provided under the patriot act, yet there have been more than a few "accidents" on public rails, at power plants, and other sensitive sites affecting fairly large populations. If these weren't accidents its unlikely that we would know it, given the desire to keep our people confident in the government's power to protect us. I am employed by one of the owners of a 9/11 target and was very busy that day and on the days that followed, helping prepare response and rescue teams for their mission. We monitored police communication continuously to prevent prolonged communication interruptions. On that day, I heard reports of the Arabic celebrations in liberty state park which people have mocked Donald Trump for mentioning in his campaign. I also heard the report of a van loaded with explosives stopped prior to reaching its target, yet I never heard a single thing about the incident reported in the news. I suppose that there is a certain wisdom in this:
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
Notwithstanding the propaganda, I know people, even non-Christians who turn to Al Jazeera and the BBC to find out what's going on around the world, such as the uprisings in Venezuela taking place right now. As one who accepts the Historicist view of a Papal Antichrist, which leads to the identity of the Second Beast as the U.S. which arose exactly when the Papacy got its deadly wound after the 1,260 year reign (it makes sense that the most powerful religion and country in history would be mentioned in prophecy), it is no wonder that the news we get is heavily redacted.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
Notwithstanding the propaganda, I know people, even non-Christians who turn to Al Jazeera and the BBC to find out what's going on around the world, such as the uprisings in Venezuela taking place right now. As one who accepts the Historicist view of a Papal Antichrist, which leads to the identity of the Second Beast as the U.S. which arose exactly when the Papacy got its deadly wound after the 1,260 year reign (it makes sense that the most powerful religion and country in history would be mentioned in prophecy), it is no wonder that the news we get is heavily redacted.
Its funny you should mention people turning to Al Jazeera and the BBC for world news. Just last week I was driven by my shop steward (with 2 other co-workers) to a meeting with a lawyer that our Union hired, and on the way the Steward was listening to the BBC on satellite radio. I didn't ask him why, but it does make sense.
I've read a copy of the Westminster confession of faith that was handed to me as a general doctrinal statement by the Pastor of the church that I was baptized in. The Pastor said that they didn't hold to the part that declared the Pope to be antichrist, probably because roughly 50% of this independent Baptist church were formerly Roman Catholic (as I was raised as well.)
I don't really know what a "Historicist view" is as my own opinions are mostly based upon scripture reading, what I'm able to receive from radio, and a few historical books that were difficult to wade through. When I was young, I enjoyed reading conspiracy books and many were written by people that would have identified themselves as Christian fundamentalists. I've also read some material about the activities of the original Knights Templar as well as their Masonic reiteration, the dubious relationship of freemasonry with the founders of our nation, as well as the continued presence of their influence in national politics and economics. More recently I've delved into a number of books written over the last two centuries by free Masons about their fundamental beliefs, symbology, and history in American politics.
I don't have a problem with the idea that the U.S. would be represented as the second beast, as I've never seen how a nation founded by rebellion could possibly be considered of Christian origin, but I wouldn't be dogmatic about it.
1. Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. Romans 13:1-2
Were the Torries or loyalists less Christian or more Christian than their rebellious counterparts?
Its also hard to miss the remnants of Roman custom and law built into our own system of government (and to a lesser extent in Europe) some of which may have been handed down through the RC church (that's the problem with mixing temporal authority with religious authority, something of a whorish nature)
I tend to look at the nation of my birth as a failed attempt to develop the Utopian society of Masonic legend. Free Masonry believes in a human capacity for godliness, common to false religion, rather than accepting the biblical notion that mankind is fallen and given over to a sinful nature which is only overcome by the Spirit of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
Since its clear from scripture that God does not change, then its a reasonable assumption that He deals with nations now as He has dealt with them throughout history (and I believe from what little I do know of history that the premise holds true,) so it's difficult to be dogmatic when applying scripture to a nation which isn't mentioned by name.
There has obviously been a segment of the population that has equated the U.S. with the nation of Israel, justifying land grabs with doctrines such as that of President Monroe, but this would appear to go hand in hand with what we generally refer to as "replacement theology", an equally racist view that has allowed the persecution of Jews to continue into our century. Its hard for people to separate their theology from the fleshly elements of national pride and prejudice, but I'm convinced that our "days are short" and that the Lord will return sooner than most believe.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael V Pardo said:
Its funny you should mention people turning to Al Jazeera and the BBC for world news. Just last week I was driven by my shop steward (with 2 other co-workers) to a meeting with a lawyer that our Union hired, and on the way the Steward was listening to the BBC on satellite radio. I didn't ask him why, but it does make sense.
I've read a copy of the Westminster confession of faith that was handed to me as a general doctrinal statement by the Pastor of the church that I was baptized in. The Pastor said that they didn't hold to the part that declared the Pope to be antichrist, probably because roughly 50% of this independent Baptist church were formerly Roman Catholic (as I was raised as well.)
I don't really know what a "Historicist view" is as my own opinions are mostly based upon scripture reading, what I'm able to receive from radio, and a few historical books that were difficult to wade through. When I was young, I enjoyed reading conspiracy books and many were written by people that would have identified themselves as Christian fundamentalists. I've also read some material about the activities of the original Knights Templar as well as their Masonic reiteration, the dubious relationship of freemasonry with the founders of our nation, as well as the continued presence of their influence in national politics and economics. More recently I've delved into a number of books written over the last two centuries by free Masons about their fundamental beliefs, symbology, and history in American politics.
I don't have a problem with the idea that the U.S. would be represented as the second beast, as I've never seen how a nation founded by rebellion could possibly be considered of Christian origin, but I wouldn't be dogmatic about it.
1. Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. Romans 13:1-2
Were the Torries or loyalists less Christian or more Christian than their rebellious counterparts?
Its also hard to miss the remnants of Roman custom and law built into our own system of government (and to a lesser extent in Europe) some of which may have been handed down through the RC church (that's the problem with mixing temporal authority with religious authority, something of a whorish nature)
I tend to look at the nation of my birth as a failed attempt to develop the Utopian society of Masonic legend. Free Masonry believes in a human capacity for godliness, common to false religion, rather than accepting the biblical notion that mankind is fallen and given over to a sinful nature which is only overcome by the Spirit of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
Since its clear from scripture that God does not change, then its a reasonable assumption that He deals with nations now as He has dealt with them throughout history (and I believe from what little I do know of history that the premise holds true,) so it's difficult to be dogmatic when applying scripture to a nation which isn't mentioned by name.
There has obviously been a segment of the population that has equated the U.S. with the nation of Israel, justifying land grabs with doctrines such as that of President Monroe, but this would appear to go hand in hand with what we generally refer to as "replacement theology", an equally racist view that has allowed the persecution of Jews to continue into our century. Its hard for people to separate their theology from the fleshly elements of national pride and prejudice, but I'm convinced that our "days are short" and that the Lord will return sooner than most believe.
It seems that God wasn't just waxing eloquent when He said we would find Him only if we searched with ALL our hearts. Historicism is a school of eschatological thought that was around during the time of Wycliffe and Huss, but certain aspects of it can be traced to the ECF, such as their belief that Paul told the early church the Restrainer was the Roman Empire, which tradition tells us prompted the early Christians to actually pray for the continuation of Pagan Rome, due to the belief that once Rome fell, a far worse enemy of Christ would arise to wreak havoc on God's people - which history shows to be the Papal Antichrist. Historicism shot up to worldwide prominence during the early 16th century Protestant Reformation and was preached from every pulpit from Luther's day until about just a little less than 100 years ago. Its twin pillars are that salvation is by grace through faith and that Papal Rome is the Antichrist of Bible prophecy.

When hundreds of thousands of Catholics heard this and shrugged off Catholicism to join hands with the Protestant Reformers, the Papacy gathered itself together for a "Counter Reformation" in the mid-16th century and there the Jesuits were formed and given the task of developing an alternative version of prophecy which would exonerate the Church - this approach where one seeks for confirmation of preconceived truth, rather than humbly asking for God to reveal truth from His Word, always ends up in failure, and the failed result was "Jesuit Preterism" by Jesuit Luiz Alcazar and "Jesuit Futurism" by Jesuit Francisco Ribera.

Today, Historicism is all but forgotten and the vast majority of Christianity accepts Jesuit Futurism, which teaches that the Restrainer was not Pagan Rome, but some present Agent of Holiness, that the 70th Week was not fulfilled by Christ the Messenger of the Covenant of the New Testament Who caused the sacrifices and oblations to cease to mean anything in the sight of God, but that a future one man Antichrist after a 2,000+ year "gap" will make a covenant with Arabs and Jews during the future 70th Week, etc. etc. etc...., that the "Temple of God" is not the church upon which sits the Pope claiming to be God along with all His titles, attributes, and prerogatives but a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem which sacrifices begun in this "Temple of God" would be a collective middle finger in God's face, that the church won't be here for that period so the identity of the Beast, the number of the Beast, the Mark of the Beast doesn't matter to the church. All these ideas play right into the hand of Satan and were overthrown by the Protestant Reformers as soon as these false doctrines were introduced and they went on to preach Historicism everywhere in the world for 300 solid years before Jesuit Futurism began to gain the ascendancy, made possible by the sudden diminishing of Papal persecution which lulled the church to sleep, though now they claim to be wide awake and more enlightened than ever.

It was only when I began to look at Secret Societies that I discovered that they are all Jesuit controlled for the purpose of expanding Papal dominion, and that the NWO is being set up with the intent to have the Papacy as the one world religion to which all others have already bowed to as their acknowledged leader. The bankers and captains of industry are all connected similarly, as are the political movers and shakers, all of which are subservient to Rome via these occult societies along with the U.N., a most occult organization if there ever was one, but if you share that POV with anyone, these enlightened Jesuit sympathizers with their grand delusions of an end time prophecy-centered nation of Israel will scoff and laugh, not knowing a thing about Zionism and it's occult agenda. Christians prefer to believe that they have Satan in a corner with eyeing him with suspicion, not realize that he has us surrounded and has infiltrated every single institution that they so freely indulge as "harmless". I'm not paranoid, for the Bible said it would be thus in the last days, does it not?

If you'd like a perspective that ties all of this together, check out the Total Onslaught series at www.AmazingDiscoveries.com, the most Biblically comprehensive presentation of Historicism out there which exposes just about every avenue Satan's onslaught against Christ has taken.