Recognizing The Inner Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; - Ephesians 3:16.

In third demention you never see a inner man. Fourth demention is where the inner man is recognized. Fourth demention is spirit and third demention is material. We mention from time to time, how science is always trying to explain what makes a human do what they do..good or bad. They try to pin point what makes a human do what they do.

15 having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; - Ephesians 2:15.

They say culture.. and family life..and the world in general..and hereditary. Any number of things can make up a person. Never quite able to pin point, and put a finger on it. If you have no cross in your conclusions you can never come to a conclusion!

So what you see in the gospel is a change of inner men. The old man is crucified in Christ, and the new man is Christ in you. That solves the sin nature problem. Sin is solved at Calvary! To all that are in Christ - they have a new nature. Satan out and Christ in. Now that is intended to be the salvation of humanity - for man to be saved from and out of sin (we were in sin), they must be in Christ.

Science has long labored over the question of what makes people do what they do..that is not all bad. That type of help in the world is necessary to give the help people need. I have friends who have been trained in psychology. Paul would be considered the greatest of all psychologists. That can be said in view of Paul giving to us what makes up a human being, he was the first to do so. Body, soul, and spirit! We didn't know that until Paul.

With the information Paul gives believers on body, soul, and spirit - a dividing of the soul and spirit can be made in scripture. That does a couple thing's; you can understand when scripture is addressing spirit or soul - and that fits your inner man. It ministers to your inner most being to be able to divide soul and spirit. Believers come to conclusions..and not just have to say 'well this is what I believe.'

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
16 that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; - Ephesians 3:16.

In third demention you never see a inner man. Fourth demention is where the inner man is recognized. Fourth demention is spirit and third demention is material. We mention from time to time, how science is always trying to explain what makes a human do what they do..good or bad. They try to pin point what makes a human do what they do.

15 having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; - Ephesians 2:15.

They say culture.. and family life..and the world in general..and hereditary. Any number of things can make up a person. Never quite able to pin point, and put a finger on it. If you have no cross in your conclusions you can never come to a conclusion!

So what you see in the gospel is a change of inner men. The old man is crucified in Christ, and the new man is Christ in you. That solves the sin nature problem. Sin is solved at Calvary! To all that are in Christ - they have a new nature. Satan out and Christ in. Now that is intended to be the salvation of humanity - for man to be saved from and out of sin (we were in sin), they must be in Christ.

Science has long labored over the question of what makes people do what they do..that is not all bad. That type of help in the world is necessary to give the help people need. I have friends who have been trained in psychology. Paul would be considered the greatest of all psychologists. That can be said in view of Paul giving to us what makes up a human being, he was the first to do so. Body, soul, and spirit! We didn't know that until Paul.

With the information Paul gives believers on body, soul, and spirit - a dividing of the soul and spirit can be made in scripture. That does a couple thing's; you can understand when scripture is addressing spirit or soul - and that fits your inner man. It ministers to your inner most being to be able to divide soul and spirit. Believers come to conclusions..and not just have to say 'well this is what I believe.'

Maybe it would be a good idea to study what the words body, soul and spirit are in the original language first and not view it from a westernized mindset. I don't believe Paul was a great psychologist. Psychology is very Greek. Paul was a Hebrew with a Hebrew mindset, who lived in a Hebrew culture, he was an expert in the Torah who studied under Gamaliel. He was a Pharisee of Pharisees. He was not Greek or trained by the Greek philosophies.
I encourage you to study the original words and their meanings. Otherwise your theories and doctrines will be off.

Shalom

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it would be a good idea to study what the words body, soul and spirit are in the original language first and not view it from a westernized mindset. I don't believe Paul was a great psychologist. Psychology is very Greek. Paul was a Hebrew with a Hebrew mindset, who lived in a Hebrew culture, he was an expert in the Torah who studied under Gamaliel. He was a Pharisee of Pharisees. He was not Greek or trained by the Greek philosophies.
I encourage you to study the original words and their meanings. Otherwise your theories and doctrines will be off.

Shalom

Have you determined the difference between philosophy and psychology?

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom

Do you have a theory on Paul explaining a human make up?

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you determined the difference between philosophy and psychology?

Hello soul man yes I have determined the difference between philosophy and psychology please consider the following:

Psychology is both a science and a profession, devoted to understanding how people think, feel, behave and learn it is the study of the human mind and its processes. A broad and diverse field that encompasses the study of human thought, behavior, development, personality, emotion, motivation, and more.
History and origins of psychology. Psychology goes as far back as Ancient Greece 400 - 500 years BC. And has its roots in philosophy and science.

Philosophy
Quite literally, the term "philosophy" means, "love of wisdom." In a broad sense, philosophy is an activity people undertake when they seek to understand fundamental truths about themselves, the world in which they live, and their relationships to the world and to each other. A way of thinking about certain subjects such as ethics, thought, existence, time, meaning and value. Origins of Philosophy are a little older than psychology dating to around 570 - 495 BC.

Psychology depends on philosophy for several reasons. First of all, philosophy gives psychology a general vision of being human. This is the basis for a good part of psychological theories. The inverse relationship is also true. Philosophy sometimes uses scientific methodology to achieve its objectives. Both share theories and objects of studies.

The two go hand in hand one comes from the other. This is fundamentally Greek in it's foundations, culture and mindset. Again I don't see Paul teaching from this perspective. He may have heard and experienced it on his different missions, but Paul was distinctly Hebrew of the Tribe Of Benjamin.

Acts 13:21 NKJ "And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years.

Paul Speaking:
Rom. 11:1 NKJ I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Taught and raised by Gamaliel, note (to be taught by Gamaliel one would have been the best of the best so to speak in the Hebrew scriptures i.e., The Torah) he was a Pharisee of Pharisees. He was an Israelite, a Hebrew through and through. Hebrews are very concrete thinkers not like Greeks who are very abstract and modern English language is very abstract. Paul uses many concrete natural things to explain his message, this can be seen all through his letters i.e., grafted in, body made up of many different parts etc etc etc. Hebrews teach a lot from the natural surroundings and the culture they lived in. This is why Yeshua always used agricultural parables and teachings because they were agricultural people they all could relate to the message. Paul wasn't much different.

Shalom