Reconciling Romans 4:2 with James 2:24

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Modern Translations say “being sanctified” or “being made holy” in Hebrews 10:14. This rendering could also potentially be accurate because sanctification does not stop in a believer’s life.

Hebrews 10:14 BLB
“For by one offering, He has perfected for all time those being sanctified.”

Hebrews 10:14 NLT
“For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy.”

Hebrews 10:14 ESV
“For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.”

Hebrews 10:14 AMP
“For by the one offering He has perfected forever and completely cleansed those who are being sanctified [bringing each believer to spiritual completion and maturity].”
I'm aware of those translations. Whether sanctified set apart/made holy in standing before God positionally in Christ or progressive sanctification in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives, regardless, for the believer, the one offering has perfected for all time those who are sanctified "set apart/made holy" and are being sanctified progressively.

This makes sense because 1 John 1:7 says that if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. So it’s not just having faith in Christ’s blood as the atoning sacrifice for the remission of sin (Romans 3:25), but one also has to “walk in the light to have the blood of Jesus cleanse one from all sin” according to 1 John 1:7, too. Walking in the light = Loving your brother according to the indirect wording found in 1 John 2:9-11. So you have to love your brother (action, or obedience, holy living) to continue to access the redemption of our Savior (i.e. to be sanctified, washed or cleansed from past sin).
Your surface reading of 1 John 1:7 results in "type 2 works salvation." I already thoroughly explained 1 John 1:7 to you (after properly harmonizing scripture with scripture) in post #269 from the link below:

The Sabbath Day

BUT unfortunately, I can see that what I explained to you obviously went right over your head. :(

The rendering of Hebrews 10:14 in the King James Bible sounds like it could also be referring to a believer’s progressive Sanctification being complete in this life (Which is a somewhat closely related to the words “being sanctified” found in Modern Translations). So if you wanted to take the words “for ever” to mean all eternity, Hebrews 10:14 can refer to sanctification continuing and being complete in this life. For the sacrifice applies even in our action of walking in the light according to 1 John 1:7.

For sanctification does not end with our acceptance of Christ in our Initial Salvation. It continues in Progressive Sanctification of living a holy life life, too.
The end of progressive sanctification (final sanctification) will become a reality once we are glorified. Believers are still perfected for all time and not temporarily.

Hebrews 10:38 says:
“Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”

You cannot draw back from living by faith if you never had the faith to begin with.
Oh yes you can. Hebrews 10:39 - But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. Those who draw back to perdition do not believe to the saving of the soul and those who believe to the saving of the soul do not draw back to perdition.

But Hebrews 10:26-38 is not the only place in the Bible that talks about falling away. Here are several lists of verses that makes it absolutely clear that believers can fall away from the faith:

Here is a General List of Verses on How Believers Can Fall Away:

Hebrews 3:12-14
Hebrews 4:11
Hebrews 6:4-9
Hebrews 12:15
1 Timothy 1:18-20
1 Timothy 4:1-7
Galatians 5:2-4
2 Peter 2:20-22
2 Peter 3:17
Luke 8:11-15
1 Corinthians 10:12
2 Thessalonians 2:3.......
Genuine believers do not permanently fall away and lose their salvation. Your list of 'surface read' verses that lead you to 'type 2 works salvation' and 'self preservation' have already been explained to you multiple times, but as usual, you just don't have eyes to see or ears to hear. Romans Catholics and other works-salvationists (including LoveGodsWord from CF) continually cite the same verses that you cite with the same interpretation as you, but you still can't see the red flag. 'Surface read' verses 'out of context' remain your achilles heel.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember how both peter and paul were big on teaching holy scripture .
Now read this one i bring next . And remember that it is as true TODAY as it was back then
and that all scriptures work to the good of those who hear , do and believe .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24265_4e38f72732e126a76a08d270e7934ea1.png

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So faithful over a few things (which is descriptive of believers) is your answer. In regards to the parable of the unprofitable servant, the talents represent monetary value and are disttibuted according to ability (Matthew 25:15). The requirement is to invest in Christ. The first two servants deposited their money with the bankers (Matthew 25:27) but the third servant buried his money in the ground (vs. 25). The third servant had been given abilities and the opportunity to believe and bear fruit in accordance, but had chosen to reject it.

This man's characterization of the master maligns him as a cruel and ruthless opportunist, "reaping and gathering" what he had no right to claim as his own. This slothful so-called servant does not represent a genuine believer. It's obvious that this man had no true knowledge of the master. Two of these servants were children of God, but not the third.

The fact that the latter man in this parable is called wicked and slothful and an unprofitable servant (Matthew 25:30) who is cast out into outer darkness indicates that he was not a true disciple of the master. The idea of this illustrative parable is that all true believers will produce fruit in varying degress. All believers are fruitful, but not all are equally fruitful (Matthew 13:23). Those who produce no results at all are not truly converted. The fact that this man is called a "servant" does not mean necessarily that he was saved. *The children of Israel were called the "Lord’s servants," but they were not all saved.

Leviticus 25:55 - For the children of Israel are servants to Me; they are My servants whom I brought out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Isaiah 43:1 - But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.. 10 You are My witnesses," says the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen..

Nehemiah 1:6 - please let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, that You may hear the prayer of Your servant which I pray before You now, day and night, for the children of Israel Your servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against You. Both my father’s house and I have sinned.

1. The unprofitable servant is not an unbeliever or fake believer because the Lord in this parable is compared to the Lord our God. For the Lord in this parable is called: “the lord of those servants” (Matthew 25:19). There are servants of God, and servants of the devil. In the parable, this servant was not said to be a servant of another master (like the devil) but they were said to be the Lord’s servant. The unprofitable servant was obviously forgiven of their sins by grace thereby making them a servant, but they did not do what the Lord required of them. To make your point for Matthew 25 in the “Parable of the Talents”: You pointed to the Israelites who were led out of Egypt (as a whole) in how they were called servants (Leviticus 25:55) and yet you conclude by this that they were never saved because they fell in the wilderness. I don't believe that. I believe they started out saved, but they later lost their salvation in the wilderness (i.e. a barren region, desert like place). How so?

Well, 1 Corinthians 10:1-5 says,

1 “Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
    2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
    3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
    4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
    5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.”
    In other words, the Israelites are said to have drank of that spiritual Rock and that Rock was Christ. This was in their initial salvation when they were obeying Moses in putting the blood on the doorposts, in being led out of Egypt, and in crossing the red sea. So when they later fell in the wilderness, they were then resisting the Holy Spirit and sinned and departed from the living God.

2. To a certain point of view, you may be right that all believers should naturally be fruitful, but the question here is: Did they bring forth fruits worthy of repentance (i.e. The type of work that the Lord would find acceptable)? John the Baptist makes it clear that the axe is laid to the root of the tree ready to be cut down if we do not bring forth fruits worthy of repentance (See: Matthew 3:8, and Matthew 3:10). This again was written for our benefit to tell us that we must bring forth fruit (deeds) worthy of repentance (seeking forgiveness with the Lord) otherwise we will be chopped down like a tree.

3. Jesus says, “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.” (John 15:5-6). Jesus is not describing false believes and genuine believers here. Jesus is talking to those who will listen to Him. Jesus is talking to us on a conditional basis. Jesus is saying if you abide in Him, you will bring forth much fruit (good deeds). If we do not abide in In Christ, we are cut off like a branch and thrown into the fire to be burned (Which is descriptive of the Lake of Fire). So Jesus is telling us to abide in Him (Which will naturally make us abound in having much fruit). So works are a part of the salvation equation because there is no case whereby a believer can live out their faith in abiding in Christ and be unfruitful and be saved. Works are the evidence and proof you are abiding in the One who is salvation. No “works” means that person is not abiding in Christ and thus they are not saved.

4. Jesus says: He that has been forgiven little, loves little (Luke 7:47). So the Pharisees did believe in forgiveness, but they only sought forgiveness over certain things and they did not fully surrender their whole life to God in forgiveness (Hence verses like Luke 18:9-14). The woman who was a sinner that could not stop kissing Jesus’ feet was said to have loved much because she was forgiven much (Luke 7:36-50). This is because she fully surrendered to the Lord of her sinful condition. The Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationist does not do that. They don’t fully surrender all your life to the Lord and live for Him fully. They hold back in doing certain sins in this life (Running contrary to verses like Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, 2 Corinthians 7:1, etcetera).

5. It’s more than just about doing “works.” A believer can do many good works for the Lord, but if they also justify sin or iniquity on some level, then they are going to be told by the Lord Jesus Himself to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (sin) (Matthew 7:22-23). For there were believers who did wonderful works in His name, and yet they were told to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (Which is sin). This is in context to doing what Jesus says. For in Matthew 7:26-27, Jesus says everyone who does not do what He says is like a fool who built His house upon the sand and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house. The idea here is that one will not be saved if they don’t obey Jesus in what He says. Your belief of saying we must sin again on this side of Heaven and yet you say you will be fruitful falls into the condemnation of our Lord in Matthew 7:22-23 because admitting that you must sin again is to be a worker of iniquity.

You said:
Children of God are not cast out into outer darkness.

Matthew 8:12 says:
“But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your argument here lines up with the Roman Catholic doctrine that teaches there are some sins that will separate us from God for all eternity (mortal sins) and some sins that will not. (venial sins)… yet you have a list of sins that are okay to commit and that only certain sins will keep us out of heaven. So you excuse certain sins. Your doctrine of mortal vs. venial sins comes straight out of the Roman Catholic church.

No. Sins not unto death is stated in the Bible itself, and I didn’t write the Bible. God did. The Bible strongly suggests certain sins that do not lead unto spiritual death. This interpretation fits best when looking at the whole context of John’s entire epistle. If a believer overcomes the “sin not unto death,” they will gain life or victory over that sin.

Sins Not Unto Death:

Important Note:

Please keep in mind that I am not trying to trivialize sin. I believe after we are saved by God's grace that we must live holy as a part of God's plan of salvation. For without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. Believers cannot justify sin that leads to spiritual death, condemnation, or hellfire. For I believe we should obey the Lord in all things. For I want to stress that there are grievous sins (or death sins) like murder, hate, adultery, lying, etc. that can lead even a believer to being condemned in the Lake of Fire if such sins are not repented of (i.e. if these sins are not confessed or forsaken).

Anyways,...

Here is my biblical case for sins that do not lead unto death:
#1. 1 John 5:17 mentions the "sin not unto death."

In context to 1 John 5: This would be talking about confessed grievous sin that one is striving to overcome with the Lord's help (1 John 2:1) (1 John 1:9) (Romans 13:14). In 1 John 5, the brethren are praying for this believer to have victory (life) over their sin as this believer confesses their sin (Note: Grievous sin are sins the Bible warns with punishment by hellfire, or spiritual death, etc.; These would be sins like murder, hate, adultery, theft, idolatry, etc.). If these sins are confessed with the intention of forsaking them (so as to overcome them), the individual is not abiding in spiritual death.

#2. Paul ignores the warnings of the Spirit and Psalms 19:12.
Psalms 19:12 says, "Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults." I believe these would be faults of character or minor errors that a person might make with people. Example: A person may not be a great listener, and they do not allow others to speak like they should. By not listening to others may come off a little like they do not care (even though they care in their own way or a different way). Paul wanted to go to Jerusalem. The Spirit warned Paul not to go. He was still determined to go because he loved His fellow Jews and wanted them to know the love of Jesus. The Spirit told the brethren that Paul will be imprisoned by his going to Jerusalem. The brethren warned Paul not to go. They were in tears and loved him and begged him not to go. But Paul did not listen. He would not hear them. He did not want to hear it. Fault of character. Hidden fault. Minor error of his character. It is not something that condemned him (See Acts of the Apostles 21, and read this article here by Ray Stedman; Note: There is even a better write up than this one by Bible commentator James Boice here; Please keep in mind I do not share their views on Soteriology, though; I merely agree with their view on what happened with Paul in Acts of the Apostles 21).

#3. The Command to Be Baptized.
Paul says Christ sent him not to baptize but to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:17). If it was essential to salvation, then why would Paul say something like this? In 1 Peter 3:21: Peter says baptism is not for the putting away of the filth of the flesh. If you were to turn to 2 Corinthians 7:1, you would see that it uses similar wording ("filthiness of the flesh") that is clearly in reference to sin. So Peter is saying that baptism is not for the putting away of "sin" [i.e. filth of the flesh]. In other words, baptism is not a command that if disobeyed, leads to spiritual death.

#4. The Least of These Commands in Matthew 5:19.
We know that 1 John 5:16-17 declares that there is a sin not unto death. So if this is the case, we should expect to see other testimonies of this kind of thing in God's Word.

“Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:19).
This was said by the Lord Jesus at the sermon on the mount. Jesus was not referring to the 613 Torah laws but He was referring to the New Commands He was giving at the sermon on the mount, etc.; Granted, I am not encouraging anyone to break the Lord's commands (even the commands that do not appear to be a major violation of loving God and others), but our Lord's words have to still hold true in Matthew 5:19. Meaning, there are going to be believers who are in the Kingdom and they taught others that they could break the least of Jesus' commandments. How can they be in the kingdom?

Anyways, what could be a possible least command that Jesus is referring to? Well, one possible example would be the command to Rejoice when men persecute you or falsely accuse you of evil in Matthew 5:11-12. For it does not seem like a major violation of loving God and others if we fail to obey this instruction.

#5. Punishment of sins in earthly courts vs. a sin that leads to hellfire (Matthew 5:22). Jesus described to us the difference between death-sins vs. non-death sins in Matthew 5:22.

“But I say to you that everyone who continues to be angry with his brother or harbors malice against him shall be guilty before the court; and whoever speaks [contemptuously and insultingly] to his brother, ‘Raca (You empty-headed idiot)!’ shall be guilty before the supreme court (Sanhedrin); and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of the fiery hell.” (Matthew 5:22) (AMP).
The words in blue above are “non-death sins” because they are punishment in earthly courts. The words in red above is a “death sin” because it is punishment in hellfire in the afterlife.
(Continued in next post):

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#6. Accidental manslaughter and being able to flee to cities of refuge (Deuteronomy 19:1-13); Contrast this with intentional murder which results in capital punishment (See: Deuteronomy 19:21, Numbers 35:31).

#7. Adam’s Inherited Sin (Involving babies that die).
I believe Adam’s Inherited Sin Leads all mankind to physically die. Adam’s sin also opened the door for all men and women to fall into spiritual death and condemnation. But we know according to Scripture and the goodness of God that if a baby dies in this world, they are saved. For King David knew that he would see his unborn child again (2 Samuel 12:23), and Jesus says that children are of the Kingdom of God (Luke 18:16). So how are they saved if Adam brought death? Well, Jesus reversed the curse of spiritual death involving the sin of Adam. The Promised Messiah was the promise of God of salvation to men. So if a baby dies, they will be saved. God is not willing that any should perish. Jesus died for our sins because God loves us. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. But the point here is that if babies are saved, and they are doomed to die physically at some point in their life (either as a baby or an adult) by Adam’s sin, we should realize that the stain of spiritual death from Adam did not take hold onto the lives of babies because of the Messiah. So the sin of Adam passing down spiritual death does not harm a baby. It’s a sin not unto death. Now, the fallen nature was passed down, and thus when that baby grows up, they will sin when they are faced with the knowledge of good and evil. But this is why Jesus came. To set the captives free from sin and death. For Jesus not only came to forgive our sins, but He came to give us a new heart, and new desires to live a new life in Him. A life that is not enslaved to grievous sin that brings spiritual death. Side Note: Now, did spiritual death take hold upon Adam? I believe it did because God said that he would die in the day he would eat of the tree (he was commanded to not eat). Did Adam drop dead physically when he ate of the wrong tree? Surely not. So this means Adam died spiritually. Also, I believe the promise of the Messiah Jesus reversed the curse of Adam. For Jesus took on our sins in the Garden and died in our place for our sins. This was spiritual. So if Jesus never died for our sins, all of mankind would be doomed spiritually (including babies that die). Jesus is the Savior. Jesus deserves all the glory.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:23 simply states that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God and this includes YOU. We ALL fall short of God's sinless standard.

Again, you ignored my point. So if you take this kind of interpretation on Romans 3:23 then you must also believe you don’t seek after God, and you don’t understand anything according to Romans 3:11, too.

You said:
Walking according to the Spirit is descriptive of children of God. Those who are habitually dominated by the sinful nature (unbelievers) put their minds on the things of the sinful nature, but those who are habitually dominated by the Spirit (believers) put their minds on the things of the Spirit. You have two camps of Christians. Those who walk after the Spirit and not the flesh and those who walk after the flesh and not the Spirit.

First, when you say that believers will always sin this side of Heaven you are in essence saying that they are dominated by the sinful nature.

Second, can you give us a detailed daily life summary of both the believer who lives after the Spirit vs. the believer who lives after the flesh? Please include your view of how many times the believer who walks after the Spirit will sin this side of Heaven in your example. Do believers who walk after the Spirit sin every day, every hour, every week, every month, every year? Just how often do they have to sin to make 1 John 1:8 true?

You said:
I see you ignored Romans 8:8-11 which does not support your "type 2 works salvation" theology.

This is not really any kind of real rebuttal with Scripture to what I said with God’s Word regarding this passage.

You said:
Straw man argument. Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Right, and you echo the words of Protestant believers that says that the Christian will always commit sin this side of Heaven. It looks like death for the Protestant who says this because they are admitting to doing sin again (By saying believers will always sin this side of Heaven). However, there is no teaching in the Bible that says we can continue to stumble into sin on occasion because we cannot help it, and we are still saved all because we have a belief alone in Jesus as the Savior. Continuing in the gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ has conditions.

You said:
Not through sinless perfection from your surface reading of Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1.

Dan. First, I already explained to you several times already that I don’t believe Sinless Perfection is a salvation issue. Believers have to overcome sins that lead unto spiritual death to meet the bare minimum requirements to enter the Kingdom of God. Sinless Perfection is going beyond this in putting away sins that do not lead unto death.

Second, how exactly is the surface reading on Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1 incorrect? From my perspective, it just sounds like you don’t like these verses and so you simply don’t believe them in what they plainly say.

Three, if the Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationist holds to the view that the great commission is to teach all nations to keep His commandments, and then they turn around and also teach that they will break those commandments (By saying believers will always sin this side of Heaven based on 1 John 1:8), then technically, they are being a hypocrite and or double minded because they are not holding to a consistent standard of morality or in keeping God’s commands.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You jump to the conclusion that John is talking about believers committing certain sins that lead them to spiritual death, but that does not seem to fit the context - 1 John 5:16 - If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. 18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. Physical death. AMPC - ..does not [deliberately and knowingly] practice committing sin.. Apart from faith and the blood of Christ, all sin leads to spiritual death.

You are OSAS, and so of course you blindly parrot the popular Protestant celebrity viewpoint that the “sin not unto death” is in reference to physical death, and not spiritual death. But Dan, how would you recognize the sin not unto death? Even if you took James 5:14-15 as being in reference to this “sin not unto death,” it really does not work because how would believers back then truly know if their sickness was unto physical death? You admitted that a prodigal believer is saved. So what if they are prodigal and saved? Also, it’s called a sin NOT unto death. Why pray for this person to have physical life if their sin is NOT unto physical death? This is why the word “life” (which is the goal of what the other brethren are praying for) simply describes how the believer is to meet the goal of gaining victory in overcoming their sin. This believer who is committing a sin not unto death is not facing immediate spiritual death because they are confessing their sins to the Lord Jesus with the intention of overcoming them. Yet, they do have to at some point reach a state of holiness that they need to attain in this life (so as to continue to have eternal life). For without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). They are given grace, but we know grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world. So the “life” they are praying for is for the believer to have a successful walk with the Lord (thereby securing their eternal life). For Peter talks about various holy actions whereby if we do them, we shall never fall (See: 2 Peter 1:3-10).

Even Sodom & Gomorrah should tell you that there are varying degrees of sin that require more excessive punishment than others. There were other sinful cities during that time. Why didn’t fire rain down on them? In other words, the sins done in Sodom & Gomorrah were so grievous or great that God had fire and brimstone rain down from Heaven to destroy them. This was an example to all who live ungodly thereafter. But in your belief, no need to worry. You got your get out of Hell free card and you don’t need to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Just go ahead and believe in Jesus as your savior and act like nothing is different. You can justify sin because you said you will always sin this side of Heaven.

Anyways, the problem I have with your parroted version of 1 John 5:16 is that:

#1. It is parroted. You did not study on your own with God to see what it really was saying that could even potentially contradict your prized Protestant celebrities.

#2. It does not fit the context of the whole of John’s epistle. Spiritual life, and spiritual death is the contrast of John’s entire epistle, and physical death and physical life is not the theme he was giving us.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! Satan loves to plant seeds of doubt that the eternal living Word of God is all truth!!!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
If you look at the AMP Translation for Matthew 5:22, Jesus even mentioned how there are two related sins that lead to punishment in earthly courts, and then there is a third related sin that leads to punishment in hellfire. So not all sin leads to spiritual death (or the second death).

Is there anger which is not sinful?

Yes. There is an anger that is not sinful.

Mark 3:5 says:
“And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.”

Psalms 7:11
“God is angry with the wicked every day.

Ephesians 4:26 AMP
“BE ANGRY [at sin—at immorality, at injustice, at ungodly behavior], YET DO NOT SIN; do not let your anger [cause you shame, nor allow it to] last until the sun goes down.”

Romans 12:9
“Abhor that which is evil;”

You said:
The concept of practicing sin is similar to that of practicing medicine or law. It means the person is actively engaged in it on a consistent basis with no goal or effort to stop. Just bring it on. It's one's lifestyle or bent of life. Yet practicing sin is not descriptive of those who are born of God. (1 John 3:9)

Dan. First, you agreed with Gotquestions article that basically stated that a believer is not generally characterized by a life of sin, and yet they believe a prodigal backslidden believer in a life of sin is saved. So this means that there is an exception. A believer can technically live in habitual sin for a short time in their life and be saved. So if a believer thinks they can live in sin habitually in being prodigal, then they can easily deceive themselves that they can do this all the time the rest of their life. But either way you slice it, your doctrine justifies sin.

Second, in your view on sin, you have no goal to ever stop because you believe you will always sin this side of Heaven.

You said:
So it only takes one sin to keep us out of heaven,

Yes, don’t you believe Jesus’ words in Matthew 5:28-30?

Don’t you believe Jesus’ words in Matthew 6:15?

Don’t you believe the apostle Paul’s words in 1 Timothy 5:8?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter[/QUOTE said:
Mailmandan believes we will always sin this side of Heaven because of 1 John 1:8.
1 John 1:8 is in the present tense, which means that we will not remain sinless, without fault or defect, flawless 100% of the time this side of Heaven. Those who believe otherwise are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

This is yet another contradictory belief that you simply cannot see. If 1 John 1:8 is truly talking in the present tense (and it means we must declare we have sin), then you must admit that you are sinning right now (in the present moment of time). For the moment you are not sinning, then you would be in violation of 1 John 1:8 in saying you are without sin because it is talking in the present tense. For 1 John 1:8 is not speaking of denying past sin. That would be 1 John 1:10.

The past is gone.
The present is now.
The future has not happened yet.

Bible Highlighter said:
By this view, he is a slave to sin and he is not set free from it.
You said:
You just love to judge and condemn OSAS believers.

I prefer to primarily attack the false belief and not the person. However, OSAS is clearly a false teaching (Whereby a person has to twist and ignore tons of verses to their own destruction).

You said:
In regards to Romans 6:16, there is a contrast here between slaves. There are only two kinds of slaves in this world, in the spiritual sense; slaves of sin unto death and slaves of obedience unto righteousness. When we place our faith exclusively in Jesus Christ for salvation/believe the gospel by trusting in His finished work of redemption as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation, we then become "servants of obedience unto righteousness." Before they obeyed that form of doctrine by choosing to believe the gospel (Romans 1:16), they had been slaves to sin. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?"1 Peter 1:22 notice - "Purified your souls in obeying the truth" and notice in Acts 15:9 - "Purified their hearts by FAITH." "Obeying the gospel" and "obeying that form of doctrine" in these passages is really a synonym for believing the gospel. Being slaves of sin is put in the past tense. Paul goes on in Romans 6:18 - "You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."

But again, you cannot see that your future declaration that you must sin again this side of Heaven based on your false interpretation on 1 John 1:8 disqualifies you from being a slave to righteousness. You cannot double speak and say you must sin again because of 1 John 1:8, and then turn around (like a person with a split personality) and claim you will obey God in righteousness (being a slave to righteousness). Choose this day in whom you will serve. No man can serve two masters. For he will hate the one and love the other. Your allegiance is split because you declare you will sin again, and then you say you are a slave to righteousness. Choose this day in whom you will serve, dear sir. To commit sin means one is of the devil (1 John 3:8). To do righteousness means one is of God (1 John 3:10). You cannot do both, dear sir.

You said:
Notice in Romans 10:10 - For with the heart one believes unto righteousness..

Notice in Romans 4:5 - But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith (not works) is accounted for righteousness.

Those who do not believe the gospel remain slaves of sins. Unbelievers are not "slaves of obedience unto righteousness" no matter how much so called obedience that they attempt to conjure up through the flesh in a vain effort to obtain salvation by works.

But you agreed with Gotquestions that the prodigal believer is saved. Your belief is not consistent if that is the case. The prodigal believer would be a slave to their sin, and thus they would be spiritually dead. This is exactly what we read in Luke 15:24, Luke 15:32, and James 5:19-20.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Galatians 5:24 says that they that are Christ’s have crucified the affections and lusts.

Surface reading - 'sinless perfection.'

I don’t believe Sinless Perfection is a salvation issue. How many times do I have to tell you this before it sinks in? Anyways, what is the secret meaning that us surface Bible readers are not getting on Galatians 5:24? Is your non-surface reading of Galatians 5:24 supported by the context and the rest of Scripture? If so… prove your case biblically on this.

Bible Highlighter said:
So this means that we as Christians have to make sure we work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
You said:
Work out the salvation we already have in Christ and not work for our salvation - "type 2 works salvation."

Bible Highlighter said:
There is no fear and trembling Mailmandan’s view of salvation.
You said:
Sure there is. Just not the unhealthy kind of fear and trembling (fear and bondage to IN-security) that you subscribe to.

Right, because you believe Jesus' words on warning how our body being cast into hellfire for looking upon a woman in lust does not apply to us. You have found a way to duck and dodge those words in Matthew 5:28-30 because you have painted your own version of God who does not want us to truly fear Him.

In fact, why all the trembling in Philippians 2:12 if it is not talking about fear?

You said:
I see fearing God as fear of offending God and a righteous awe and respect for Him (Proverbs 1:7; Psalm 34:9; Isaiah 66:2). Prior to my conversion, while still attending the Roman Catholic church, I basically saw God as a tyrant who couldn't wait to punish me every time I messed up and had absolutely no assurance of salvation. That is an unhealthy fear! Apparently, you have no assurance of salvation because you are base receiving salvation upon the merits of your performance/works. Enjoy your roller coaster ride of fear and bondage to IN-security! I got off that roller coaster ride upon my conversion after leaving the Roman Catholic church.

You are letting a bad experience involving the wrong church cloud your understanding, and reading of the Bible. Just let the Bible speak for itself and don’t change it to fit what you want to be true (Just because Protestants say it). For Protestantism also has errors of its own, too.

You said:
He is on easy street and not in need of worry about his salvation ever. That is not the kind of view of salvation taught in the Bible.

Easy street? Is that the problem for you? Salvation by grace through faith, not works, sounds to easy to you? You prefer to make it hard? 1 John 5:11 - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. Praise God! :)

Jesus said, “strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” (Matthew 7:14).

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.” (Luke 13:24).

Many today do not even think they have to STRIVE to enter the strait gate.
But that is what our Bible tells us to do.

full

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
First, this either sounds like you just mindlessly copied and pasted info to throw at me or you forgot what I actually believe. For you reference how the Initial Act of being accounted righteous with God is not by works (like those in the Church of Christ or Catholics). But I don't believe we are accounted righteous by works in our Initial Salvation. Yet, you said, I quote:

“(says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God. (Romans 4:2-3)” ~ Quote by: Mailmandan.​

This shows you are just throwing words at me mindlessly and you are not really talking and listening (i.e. a real conversation).
Most of your posts sound like a copy and paste job to me.

Again, from my perspective on what you wrote: It looked like you claimed that I believe in works in the initial act of being “accounted righteous,” when I do not really believe that. So you can either explain that is not what you meant by your words, or you can apologize. The ball is in your court.

As for your claim that my posts are a copy and paste job:

Well, any time I quote an article, I provide the source link. But I strive to not make it a habit to do that often (But sometimes believers can say it better than me on certain topics). My written work (without a source link) is my own. Some paragraphs I posted are copied from things I previously wrote, but not everything. For if everything I wrote to you was primarily a copy and paste job (from my previous writings), I would have replied to you a lot sooner. Anyways, my issue is not that you copy and pasted from your own database or previous writings, but the issue is that you copied and pasted something to me that did not address my actual belief. You were writing something that applied to only Catholics or those who are in the Church of Christ.

You said:
I have simply shared the same scriptures with you after properly harmonizing scripture with scripture before reaching my conclusion on doctrine. That wasn't done mindlessly.

I disagree. The arguments you give are no different than other Protestants.
It’s the same ole OSAS song and dance that justifies sin.

You said:
You need the repetition because you don't listen. It's impossible to have real conversations with spiritual narcissists and know it all's and you come across as both.

Narcissists are actually amoral. They generally have a lack of empathy or moral values. This is exactly the problem I see in the OSAS camp. By their saying they must always sin this side of Heaven (Running contrary to Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1) they are disregarding morals. Take for example your avatar. You uplift a comedy TV series that is riddled with all kinds of sinful things within it. One has to turn a blind eye to watching such immorality.

As for your claim that I am a know it all:

Actually, that would be a false claim by you.

I actually have changed my views on many things in the Bible over the years (Because I am open minded and don’t know it all).

What theological things were you mistaken about in your growing knowledge of God's Word?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are sticking with your "initially accounted as righteous by faith and not by works" but "finally being accounted as righteous by works."

Yes, because the Bible teaches that we are initially accounted righteous by faith without works (Ephesians 2:8-9) (Titus 3:5) (Romans 4:3-5), and we are then later accounted righteous by works afterwards (James 2:24) (1 John 1:7) (1 John 3:7).

It’s because “works” is a part of your faith. EVERYTHING written in your Bible is a part of the faith for you to believe in. For faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

You said:
You continue to double down on your "type 2 works salvation" doctrine.

And you keep doubling down on your Sin and Still Be Saved Type doctrine.

For you believe 1 John 1:8 is saying that believers must always sin at some point in the future on this side of Heaven.

You said:
This is very disappointing.

I am not looking to please anyone but the Lord Jesus Christ. I am looking to follow the narrow path. So this naturally leads to disappointing many.

You said:
Your beliefs are obviously fixed and your conscience is seared.

So you can prophesy the future?

As for the “conscience seared” phrase taken from 1 Timothy 4:2:

Well, this really does not describe believers who believe in both God’s grace and Sanctification for salvation in context. In context, 1 Timothy 4:2 is referring to those who speak lies (in hypocrisy). I believe that is what OSAS does because as I stated before, if an OSASer claims to tell others to follow the Bible (Which has God’s commands in it), and then they claim to break those very commands, they are being hypocritical. OSAS is an obvious lie if one were to simply read and believe their own Bible plainly.

Bible Highlighter said:
For I already told you before that I don't believe works is the initial act of being accounted righteous with God. I believe we are saved initially by God's grace without works in the 1st aspect of salvation.
You said:
So Christ merely "initially" saved you, but ultimately, you saved yourself. Guess who gets to share in the credit in salvation with Christ and who also gets to boast? YOU.

Well, actually Christ said we can do nothing without Him (John 15:5). So any boasting and or praise goes to the Lord Jesus Christ for any good done in my life.

Granted, we do have free will and do have to cooperate with the good work the Lord does through us (But Jesus gets all the glory). Remember, the 24 elders cast their crowns down before Jesus.

However, do you think it is wrong for Christians to desire to hear these words from their Lord? “Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’” (Matthew 25:21).

Are you going to rebuke the Lord for saying this?
Are you going to yell at your Lord and tell Him how it was only the finished work of the cross and or Christ alone that got you there?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
Second, you keep repeating the same contradictory claim. You say that salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone, and then you contradict yourself by saying a dead faith will not produce works (Which echoes your previous statements that a believer who had been saved initially by faith alone will have works).

Bible Highlighter said:
So my two questions for you are:

How can it be “faith alone” that saves if you also claim that works are needed to show that a believer is genuinely previously saved in the beginning by faith alone?

We show our faith by our works and demonstrate that we are already saved. Works don't save us. It's not about works are needed in order to become saved.

After being saved by God’s grace:

If works don’t save then the unprofitable servant should have been saved (See: Matthew 25:30).

If works don’t save then John the Baptist was wrong for saying that the axe is laid to the root of the tree in regards to his saying bring forth fruits worthy of repentance (See: Matthew 3:8) (Matthew 3:10).

If works don’t save then a person cannot deny God by being reprobate unto every good work according to Titus 1:16.

Bible Highlighter said:
Is not works proof that a person has been saved by faith alone?

You said:
We simply show our faith by our works. So works are the evidence of faith, but not the essence of faith. You just can't seem to wrap your mind around that.

Paul mentions a thing called the “work of faith.” (1 Thessalonians 1:3) (2 Thessalonians 1:11). So the Bible disagrees with you.

Bible Highlighter said:
If works are needed to show a true saving faith, then how does that equate with works not being a part of the salvation equation?

You said:
Because we are NOT saved by both faith AND works.

Yet, you contradict yourself and claim that a saving faith will always produce works.

If works are evidence of a saving faith, then works are a part of salvation (even if the work itself is non-salvific). The fact that works are necessary to show a saving faith proves that works are a part of salvation (or the proof of salvation). No “works”… means one is not saved. Unless you are stating that a believer can live out their faith, and be barren of works and be saved. Now that would be true faith alone salvation if you believed that way.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
]If works are not required for salvation, then you don’t need to show evidence of any works to prove your “faith alone” for salvation is true.

Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works. It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine (James 2:14-24). *Perfect Harmony* I can't make it any clearer than that.

No. It’s not perfect harmony. It’s a contradiction!

Proof?

Is it possible for a believer who lives out their saving faith to NOT have works?

Yes, or no?

If you say… “No”… then you are concluding that works MUST be there to show a true saving faith. No “works”… means one is not genuinely saved by faith alone initially, right? So if works are a necessary evidence of a true saving faith, then they are a requirement as a part of the salvation package because no faith alone that saves which lives itself out will be fruitless or barren of works.

It’s like a wave from a storm on a beach. You cannot have a wave from a storm without the wind pushing the water. Imagine you were on a small boat in a storm, and another larger boat was about to collide with your boat, but then a big wave came by and rolled your little boat out of the way of a bad collision, and back to shore safely. The wave saved you. Your argument is sort of like saying that the water of the wave saved you, and yet, you say that the wind that pushed the water had nothing to do with you being saved. But both the water and the wind had their part to play. It’s the same with works in a person’s saving faith, right? Does not “works” need to be there to show a true saving faith? So works are a necessary component of the salvation equation (even if the works are not salvific in and of themselves alone) because you believe that no Christian who is truly saved can live out their faith without works or good fruit.

The only way works do not save is if you believe that a Christian can be saved regardless if they live out their faith and they are barren and unfruitful (i.e. without any works).

Think of it like a tree.

The fruit of the tree comes out of the tree.

So if I show you my faith BY my works, that means that works is a part of my faith, just as an apple is a part of an apple tree.

This is why your belief is a contradiction.

You think works are a separate foreign and alien component to faith, and it’s not.
Works are a natural outgrowth of faith. They are connected.
The only way your idea works here is if you prove faith and works are disconnected and that’s not what we see in Scripture.

James says he will show you his faith BY his works.
That’s why Paul says there is a work of faith.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
Modern Translations say “being sanctified” or “being made holy” in Hebrews 10:14. This rendering could also potentially be accurate because sanctification does not stop in a believer’s life.

Hebrews 10:14 BLB
“For by one offering, He has perfected for all time those being sanctified.”

Hebrews 10:14 NLT
“For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy.”

Hebrews 10:14 ESV
“For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.”

Hebrews 10:14 AMP
“For by the one offering He has perfected forever and completely cleansed those who are being sanctified [bringing each believer to spiritual completion and maturity].”

I'm aware of those translations. Whether sanctified set apart/made holy in standing before God positionally in Christ or progressive sanctification in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives, regardless, for the believer, the one offering has perfected for all time those who are sanctified "set apart/made holy" and are being sanctified progressively.

This makes sense because 1 John 1:7 says that if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. So it’s not just having faith in Christ’s blood as the atoning sacrifice for the remission of sin (Romans 3:25), but one also has to “walk in the light to have the blood of Jesus cleanse one from all sin” according to 1 John 1:7, too. Walking in the light = Loving your brother according to the indirect wording found in 1 John 2:9-11. So you have to love your brother (action, or obedience, holy living) to continue to access the redemption of our Savior (i.e. to be sanctified, washed or cleansed from past sin).

First, in regards to our being perfected for all time:

Well, while I do use Modern Translations, the King James Bible is my final word of authority. It says “sanctified” in Hebrews.

Hebrews 10:14 KJB
“For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.”

In view of Modern Translations, I take this to mean that Hebrews 10:14 is referring to God looking back on the faithful believer’s life in how they have already lived out the Sanctification Process successfully. These are the types of believers who are perfected for ever (forever) or for all time (if indeed forever means a reference to eternity in this verse).

Second, there is no such thing as the OSAS version of Positional Righteousness that gives diplomatic immunity to the believer in regards to sin. You believe that trusting in the finished work of the cross (or believing Jesus as your Savior alone) is being saved from the penalty of sin. As I already demonstrated to you before, this is simply a flat out lie (in light of reading the NT Scriptures). Here are four different categories or lists of verses showing you why this is so.

Also, your assumption that all born again believers are automatically going to do good things and or live perfectly for the Lord their whole life so as to be saved is also false. How so? Just check out my…

Bonus Point Verses.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I. Fall Away List of Verses:

If we are never in jeopardy when we sin, then the Bible would not teach that we can fall away from the faith; But it does teach that we can fall away.

Here are several lists of verses that makes it absolutely clear that believers can fall away from the faith:

Here is a General List of Verses on How Believers Can Fall Away:

1 Samuel 16:14
1 Samuel 31:4
Ezekiel 18:24
Hebrews 3:12-14
Hebrews 4:11
Hebrews 6:4-9
Hebrews 10:26-30
Hebrews 12:15
1 Timothy 1:18-20
1 Timothy 4:1-7
Galatians 3:1-5
2 Peter 2:20-22
2 Peter 3:17
Matthew 13:18-23
1 Corinthians 10:12
2 Thessalonians 2:3

Now, do not misunderstand me, believers cannot lose their salvation (like they would a pair of car keys), but they can forfeit their salvation (i.e. they can willingly throw it away by rebelling against God). In fact,

Here is a list of believers who have forfeited their salvation:

Saul (1 Samuel 16:14) (1 Samuel 31:4)
Demas (2 Timothy 4:10)
The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
Judas Iscariot (Psalm 41:9) (Luke 6:16) (Acts 1:25)
Hymenaeus and Philetus (2 Timothy 2:17-18)
Unnamed Christians destroyed by false teaching (2 Timothy 2:17-18)
Many Unnamed Disciples (John 6:66)
Some Younger Christian Widows (1 Timothy 5:14-15)
Some Christians Eager For Money (1 Timothy 6:8-10)
Ananias and Sapphira (Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11)

And here is a list of potential fallen believers:

The Servant Who is Not Looking For Him (Luke 12:45-46)
Recent Convert Who is a Potential Spiritual Leader (1 Timothy 3:6)
The Unforgiving in Heart (Matthew 6:14-15)
Luke Warm Unrepentant Believer (Revelation 3:14-22)
Fruitless Christians (John 15:1-10) (Matthew 25:14-30)
Widows That Live in Pleasure (1 Timothy 5:5-6)
Believers Whose Seed Fell Upon the Rocks (Luke 8:13)
Believers Whose Seed Was Choked by Thorns (Matthew 13:22)
Gentile Believer Who Did Not Have on a Wedding Garment (Matthew 22:1-14) (Revelation 19:7-8)
The Potential Fellow Believer Who Erred From the Truth & Was Converted Back (James 5:19-20)

In fact, Paul is against Eternal Security or a sin and still be saved type belief. For Paul says,

1. We can fall from grace (Galatians 5:4).

2. We can be moved away from the hope (Colossians 1:23).

3. We can be a castaway (1 Corinthians 9:27).

4. We can be cut off just like the Jews if we do not continue in God’s goodness (Romans 11:20-22).

5. We can sow to the flesh and reap corruption instead of sowing to the Spirit which reaps everlasting life. (Galatians 6:8).

6. We can deny God by a lack of good works (Titus 1:16).

7. We can shipwreck our faith (1 Timothy 1:19).

8. We can deny the faith and be worse than an infidel if we do not provide for our own household (1 Timothy 5:8).

9. We can err from the faith and pierce ourselves thru with many sorrows if we love and covet after money (1 Timothy 6:10).

10. Hymnenaeus and Philetus have overthrown the faith of some (2 Timothy 2:18).

These things would not exist in Scripture if things are as OSAS folk say.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
II. Serious Sin Can Separate Us From GOD Verses:

[God said to Adam,]
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:17).

[Eve said to the serpent,]
"But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. (Genesis 3:3).

And the serpent said unto the woman,
"Ye shall not surely die." (Genesis 3:4).

"...she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked..." (Genesis 3:6-7).

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." (Romans 5:12).

"For the wages of sin is death..." (Romans 6:23).

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2).

“...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.” (Matthew 5:22).

28 “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” (Matthew 5:28-30).

"But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul." (Proverbs 6:32).

“But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” (Matthew 6:15).

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21)

Important Note: If you were to look at 1 Thessalonians 4:3 you would learn that the will of God (i.e. the Father) is to be holy or it is our sanctification; And Hebrews 12:14 says, without holiness no man shall see the Lord.

“22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’” (Matthew 7:22-23 ESV).

“26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”
(Matthew 7:26-27).

“15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matthew 7:15-20).

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." (Hebrews 10:26).

"he that commits sin is of the devil." (1 John 3:8).

"everyone who does evil hates the light." (John 3:20).

"Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee." (Acts of the Apostles 8:22).

6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:6-7).

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1 John 3:15).

"He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now." (1 John 2:9).

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:10).

41 "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers,
42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear." (Matthew 13:41-43 ESV).

“For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” (Matthew 12:37).

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

3 "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing,..." (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

"...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."
(James 4:6).

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." (Romans 11:21-22).

16 "There is a sin unto death..."
17 "...and there is a sin not unto death." (1 John 5:16-17).

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8).

19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21).

5 "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affe
ction, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them." (Colossians 3:5-7).

5 “...God;
6 ...will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law” (Romans 2:5-12).

“But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.” (Ezekiel 18:24).

9 “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. “ (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.” (James 2:17).

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25:30).

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).