Refuting Momonism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sdcougar

Mar 17, 2010
South Dakota
Though they try to make it look so, Mormonism is not a Christian denomination.
On Youtube there are a lot of well-done videos showing Mormons and their work and ending "...and I'm a Mormon." Nothing wrong with that.

There are also great resources there that provide irrefutable, documentary evidence that Joseph Smith was a faker.

Disproving Mormonism in 80 seconds
Mormonism Disproved in less than 3 minutes!

[sorry cannot post that many links...just search the above titles on Youtube...they are excellent, solid and to the point]

And a full length documentary:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hcyzkd_m6KE

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You misspelled the topic heading.

What's Mo Mo nism?

I used to live near Palmyra, NY. That's the spot where Joe Smith got his gold credit card from a guy in shiny threads. After he got it he told a bunch of people that he knew how to spend it. He wouldn't show it to anybody, but they didn't care.

Everybody else thought he was nuts and told him to get out of town. So, he and his buddies packed their bags and went west where the breakfast food grows; the fruits and nuts and flakes. And they lived happily ever after.

I don't buy their story.

But I do admit a few things about them;
fruits and nuts and flakes don't make bombs to kill people...
they don't worship a rock in Mecca...
and they don't have a plan to take over the world by extortion and murder.

Spiritually, they're as nutty as a fruitcake.

They have a nice choir, though.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference between Christianity and Mormonism comes down to our different understandings of the nature of God. Nothing else really matters. I am sure Joseph Smith would be disappointed to learn that his teachings are irrelevant.

A Christian can believe in the Book of Mormon (of course historians will cringe at the thought of it) and remain orthodox; a Christian cannot reject the Trinity / doctrine of the Incarnation without falling into irreconcilable heresy.

The dividing line between Christianity and heresy is the true nature of God.