Regarding the Holy Ghost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like omnipresence to me

It is omnipresence, but the point that I'm making is that it is not how the Bible defines the nature of Gods omnipresence. The Bible defines his presence as basically seeing all. You can bury yourself thirty feet under in a bunker, it won't matter, because God is there, and he see's it all from the comfort of his throne in heaven. The various pagan religions on the other hand defines the presence of their "gods", or "universal consciousness" as WITHIN all things. This is the basic difference many Christians fail to acknowledge even though its as clear as day. If Satan can deceive even the very elect, then I'm certain this will be one way it will be done.

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
This is why the three person concept are so false. pitiful, one cannot tell that the Father and son are just titles of the one Spirit?. Titles are not persons. … is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are separate persons? "of" translates the genitive case of nouns. is the Spirit "of" God a separate Spirit form the Spirit "of" Christ? someone please answer.
You are correct in saying that there is one Spirit that is the essence of all 3 persons of the Godhead — Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. They are persons, though, because they each have bodies (Father, Rev 4:2-3; Holy Ghost, the pre-incarnate/post-resurrection Christ; and the God-man Jesus).

And they all have independence of will concerning their own bodies while also having the same will concerning the redemption of mankind.

How I understand the Spirit of God vs. the Spirit of Christ is the first is the spirit of the revelation of God (1Cor 2:7) and the latter is the teaching of what the revelation of God means (1Cor 2:10). For instance, Jesus gave many parables, mysteries, and prophecies (revelations of the truth) that cannot be understood unless one is given the Spirit of Christ to teach us. One of my favorites is Mt 13. Jesus explains the first 4 parables of the sower but unless one has the Spirit of Christ, a person cannot discern the meaning of the last 6 kingdom of heaven parables.

In regard to the OP, I am beginning to think that anyone who doesn't have the Spirit of Christ cannot understand the "mystery of Christ in you." (Col 1:27) It is the mystery of the Holy Ghost (new spiritual man), not just the Holy Spirit or Spirit of Christ, living in you. We all have a spiritual man living in us either of a sinner or of Christ This spiritual man will either appear before Christ for rewards (1Cor 3:13-15) OR for judgment and condemnation (Rev 20:11-15).

skypair

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
Sounds like omnipresence to me
Yes, it is the Spirit, the one essence of God, that is omnipresent. However, the Spirit is not what you think it is. It is, according to Prov 8, the wisdom of God which can be seen in creation (cf. Ro 1:20). The Father is "all truth" — all wisdom. The Father sent His Son into the earth to create according to the "mind of the Lord" — the amount of wisdom needed for each day as time unfolded before Him (vs. the eternity that only the Father sees). Then the Father graciously sends us His Holy Ghost (spiritual new man/person of God) that guides us into "all truth .. and show you things to come." (Jn 16:13 — also Jn 14:16-17, 26). In this way, the wisdom, the glory, of God is manifest in us as well. :)

skypair

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
m'kay, well, I basically don't see how I'll find God hiding under a rock as you said. If it was that easy, I'm sure atheism would have died out long ago.
It doesn' t seem to be easy! And hi, @aspen ! And @skypair
I have asked old hippies that took LSD and they never exp'd anything similar to me.

I did have lunch with a friend of a friend this yr, telling us how
he was hiking with his girlfriend, both must be, 65, retired...when he just simply
had an exp...some have called them spiritually transformative exp, (STE).
You could even Google that.
His girlfr was mad because he just stopped hiking and wondered a bit off trail..she kept going.
Like me, many times, suddenly [I always call it grace] the Doors of Perception were opened and he saw all around him was breathing, alive and conscious and filled with
(Whatever your background is), God's Presence...some would say Spirit, Am Indians probably said the Great Spirit, ...for decades I just said God, until I saw a Christian show on TV, and they looked like me, shining, ☺...and they called it the Holy Spirit ('came upon them') that opened me to purchase my first Bible.

Most people have no idea what is around them..most are not cynical, tho.
Quantum physics have opened many to the fact...Nothing is what it appears to be...
As Jesus tried to show us.

To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity on the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.

~William Blake

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me first where you would not find the Spirit of God...the very Essence of God not within it, permeating the core of every atom, every thought, every invisible feeling ever felt throughout eons of time from a place where there is no space or time...where is He not found?
Is my spirit separate from God's; is yours?
Is the neighbor's dog?
Look under any rock and you will find Him.

Is Yeshua the Christ fully aware of Him and His relationship with the Father the only difference between any of us ? But all exactly the same as Christ, just unaware ...
slowly Awakening.
To answer your first question Read Jer 23:23 and 24.

Now, to your second question. demon or sinners have no "PART IN" the Spirit. notice how I said that. next, Let's put it this way, maybe it can clear things up. Two words. "Relationship" and " "Fellowship". #1. Sinners, the act of sin killed the "Relationship" as well as the "Fellowship", dead in sin, hence the separation from God, but not existing in God. hence the need to be BORN Again.

#2. the BORN AGAIN ONES. the act of sin can interrupted the "Fellowship", but it can not change, or break the "Relationship". once you're borne of him, it's no longer your life but his.

Hope that helped, now back to my OQ. is the Spirit of God a separate Spirit from the Spirit of Christ. for in many theology, some say the Son, the Christ is a separate person from the Father. hence my question, and your answer.

peace in Christ Yeshua.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are SO funny...I know Jeremiah 23 almost by heart! Of all things to bring up! xo
@101G