Reincarnation of Elijah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...does that mean reincarnation is a biblically backed position?
Yes, and because Christians were told to stop believing in Reincarnation or be put to death, a large knowledge gap now exists within modern Eschatology. Who knows if that gap can ever be bridged?

Because so many verses in the Bible are tied to Reincarnation, they lack a simple interpretation. Instead, as we see in this thread, we have cop-outs and excuses. They are nothing but alibis, covering up the lies that have been promoted for centuries. Round and round it goes.

Add to this the fact that most who call themselves Christians, have way too much hatred in their Hearts to ever be able to perceive a God that Loves. They are perfectly comfortable with a Soul forever being tormented or annihilated, as the word Forgive and Grace has no place in their lives. The World mocks Christianity for this very reason.

The simple Truth is just as you posted in the OP. Jesus plainly said that John the Baptist *IS* Elijah. Any other interpretation is not only calling Jesus a liar, but it now opens the door for anyone else to claim they are Elijah because the only requirement now is to basically have a 'zest for the Word'.

In other words, what is being taught now is that when One comes in the "Spirit and Power" of Elijah, it simply means One is 'enthusiastic' and 'on fire for the LORD!'. A dangerous precedent is now set.

Imagine applying this logic to other famous people in the Bible and everything begins to fall apart.

This Gentlemen is a bit on the Gnostic side, but still makes some very good points...

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because so many verses in the Bible are tied to Reincarnation, they lack a simple interpretation.

Here is a perfect example...

2 Thessalonians 2:7
"For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way"

I've seen Pastors spend hours trying to teach folks what the term Mystery of Iniquity means. All they can do is make things up as they go off in strange tangents chasing their tails.

Throw Reincarnation at it and presto, we discover that...

Mystery of Iniquity is the Biblical term for Reincarnation!

There, I just saved everyone years of research and headaches.

What comes next?

2 Thessalonians 2:8
"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming"

The Man of Sin is *REINCARNATED*. That's what He does! He comes back over and over a total of seven times. That is why the Dragon and Beast both have Seven Heads. It's Satan Reincarnating as a Man throughout history.

That is why Satan has 'a short time' to get things done. His life span is limited...

Revelation 12:12
"Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time"

Note that Satan's final Reincarnation will have a form of Immortality...

Revelation 13:12
"And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed"

That is what the Mark of the Beast is all about. Earthly form of Immortality.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is a perfect example...

2 Thessalonians 2:7
"For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way"

I've seen Pastors spend hours trying to teach folks what the term Mystery of Iniquity means. All they can do is make things up as they go off in strange tangents chasing their tails.

Throw Reincarnation at it and presto, we discover that...

Mystery of Iniquity is the Biblical term for Reincarnation!

There, I just saved everyone years of research and headaches.

What comes next?

2 Thessalonians 2:8
"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming"

The Man of Sin is *REINCARNATED*. That's what He does! He comes back over and over a total of seven times. That is why the Dragon and Beast both have Seven Heads. It's Satan Reincarnating as a Man throughout history.

That is why Satan has 'a short time' to get things done. His life span is limited...

Revelation 12:12
"Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time"

Note that Satan's final Reincarnation will have a form of Immortality...

Revelation 13:12
"And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed"

That is what the Mark of the Beast is all about. Earthly form of Immortality.
You butcher the scriptures Base12. You use them to promote your imagined theories and in so doing deceive yourself and others. The scriptures have a clear verdict for this activity.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See OP? All the Critics can do is say mean things to me because they have no verses to back up their argument. They will never in a million years apologize either.

Remember this.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 17:2-13

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the Sun, and his clothes were as white as the light.

3 And behold, there appeared unto them Moses, and Elijah, talking with him.

4 Then answered Peter, and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles, one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.

5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud shadowed them: and behold, therecame a voice out of the cloud, saying, that my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased: hear him.

6 And when the disciples heard that, theyfell on their faces, and were sore afraid.

7 Then Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

8 And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

9 ¶ And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying,Show the vision to no man, until the Son of man rise again from the dead.

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the Scribes that Elijah must first come?

11 And Jesus answered, and said unto them, Certainly Elijah must first come, and restore all things.

12 But I say unto you, that Elijah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they would: likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

13 Then the disciples perceived that he spake unto them of John Baptist.

Why would the disciples think Elijah was John the Baptist just hours after actually seeing Elijah alive with Christ. Jesus was talking about Elijah's ministry in the OT after Elijah had just appeared to them. Did the record say they saw John the Baptist and he looked like Elijah? No. Did the record say it was John the Baptist who appeared, and Jesus told them it was really Elijah? No. It was Elijah and Jesus was talking about Elijah. Why did Jesus never correct them and even today we confuse John the Baptist with Elijah? The record clearly shows it was the disciples who did not figure it out, not Jesus.

The same thing happened with Moses on the mount. Even while God was writing the Ten Commandments, Aaron was building a false idol in the camp. Even God's chosen people get "it all wrong" even with God present.
GINOLJC, to all.
Man oh man when one thought it couldn't get any deeper. oh well must meet people on their level. the event on the mount of transfiguration is a "VISION". Matthew 17:9 "And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead". and in the "vision" ... "Appeared". Hold it. was it the actual Moses and Elijah flesh bone and blood? watch how you answer that. now is an "apperance the same as a "manidestation?", be carefule how you answer that. :rolleyes:

now to help you out, no need to stay in darkness, listen to the "VISION" of Isaiah concering the Lord Jesus who haven't arrive or .... manifested ... in the flesh yet. Isaiah 6:1 "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Isaiah 6:2 "Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
Isaiah 6:3 "And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
Isaiah 6:4 "And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

now lets get the crust of the vision as to who Isaiah saw, listen to John who confirmed what Isaiah saw, John 12:41 "These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him". well, well, well, did not Isaiah hear what the Lord said, did he not write it down what the Lord said? example Isaiah 29:13 "Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men". did not the Lord say these things. I should tell you out right but I can't waite to hear your reply... :eek:

oh if you just knew how the Spirit work. oh well .

PICJAG

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh well. I will post this for a Future Generation to find in case this thread is still around.

Let's unravel another Mystery...

Matthew 12:40
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth"

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Jesus went into the Wombs of the Mothers at the time in order to prepare the Unborn for their next life and to give the gifts of...
  • Apostles
  • Prophets
  • Evangelists
  • Pastors
  • Teachers
What does this have to do with Jonas? Because Jonas was a picture of what is described above.

In other words, Jonas was a picture of One who will Reincarnate...

Jonah 2:2
"And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice"

Jonas was 'in the Belly of Hell', which again is a parable for the Womb...

full

He was a 'Prisoner'...

Jonah 2:6
"I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God"

Like this...

1 Peter 3:19-20
"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison"

"Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water"

Disobedient means they weren't Saved and are now being given another chance at life after 'passing through the fire' of Gehenna.

Note that Jonah being thrown into the Sea was a picture of the Second Death...

Jonah 1:15
"So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging"

I get it though...

You folks were 'told' what to believe and that was that. You never bothered to double check the Scriptures to verify things. And now that I'm pointing out just how badly you've been lied to, you 'shoot the messenger'. Typical Christian behavior. Again, the world hates you because you can't handle other viewpoints that debunk what you were told.

I.e... you can't handle the Truth. Seriously people. The World is watching you.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 21:31
"Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you"

Sounds like someone is going to have to live a few more lives before they can enter eh?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See OP? All the Critics can do is say mean things to me because they have no verses to back up their argument. They will never in a million years apologize either.

Remember this.
The Word of God is not there to cavil with but to make one wise to salvation.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems appropriate to say the spirit of Elijah was on him, not in him. I'm not sure why still, it just seems that way.

Perhaps it has something to do with the mantle given to Elisha, symbolic of the authority you mention? When was authority given? It seems not until after Elijah was taken, as he used the mantle to split the water. It is quite mysterious, and what was the double portion, and why was it difficult?
I believe the spirit of prophesy is the spirit of Elijah....but I am still studying it...in Revelation the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No and no.

LUKE 1
13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
17 And he shall go before Him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

John came in the spirit and power of Elijah, but was definitely not a reincarnation. If you recall, John was beheaded soon after he began his ministry, but Elijah appeared to Jesus towards the close of His ministry. And Elijah must come to earth in the future, when the Antichrist is in control (Revelation 11).
Hello @Enoch111,

I agree that John came in the spirit and power of Elijah, and was not Elijah in the flesh. However, I do not agree that Elijah appeared in person on the mount of transfiguration, for what was seen on the mount of transfiguration, by Peter, James and John, was called a 'vision' by the Lord in Matthew 17:9, a vision of 'the Son of man coming in His kingdom,' which the Lord had promised in Matthew 16:28. This was a vision of a yet future event, which will take place following the resurrection of the dead.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: 101G

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God is not there to cavil with but to make one wise to salvation.
Have you ever heard of or studied Children remembering past lives? It's a fascinating topic.

What is your take?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The simple Truth is just as you posted in the OP. Jesus plainly said that John the Baptist *IS* Elijah. Any other interpretation is not only calling Jesus a liar, but it now opens the door for anyone else to claim they are Elijah because the only requirement now is to basically have a 'zest for the Word'.

In other words, what is being taught now is that when One comes in the "Spirit and Power" of Elijah, it simply means One is 'enthusiastic' and 'on fire for the LORD!'. A dangerous precedent is now set.
Greeting, thanks for the reply, but the precedent set here, "One comes in the "Spirit and Power" of Elijah", that's bible. listen, Luke 1:17 "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord". this is not Reincarnation but having the "same" spirit, meaning having the same character, or characteristics as Elijah. likewise we should have the same spirit as God, meaning having his character, or characteristics.

no we're not God, no but we should "ACT" like him ans carry ourselves in a way like him. that all.

so no coming in the spirit is not reincarnation.

PICJAG.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job said something interesting...

Job 1:21
"And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD"

The word 'thither' in the KJV always refers to a location, not a state of being.

Why did Job say this? He thought he was going to Gehenna, and thus going back to his Mother's womb to start over.

Newer translations of course censor this.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Reincarnation and Elijah coming back has always been that elephant in the room that no one wanted to talk about. When talking about Elijah Jesus and the Jews make it pretty clear that it was Elijah coming back, not someone “in the spirit” or “good nature” or what ever, the Jews asked John if he was Elijah, Jesus said Elijah has come, Jesus didnt say someone different than Elijah came but they came in the “spirit of” Elijah. The bible even describes the phisical apperence of John looking just like Elijah.

Strange that so many thinks its crazy talk to even consider the idea of reincarnation, as if the bible teaches against it everywhere when the fact is there is very little taught on the subject. Many go to the Paul passage “men die once and are judged” and think this is the nail in the coffin against reincarnation. The passage has nothing to do with reincarnation, its talking about Jesus giving His life. And if it was to mean you only have one life here, one death and then one more life in heaven or hell, thats gonna cause some problems, now you have to explain what happened to all the people that were brought back from the dead, are they all still walking the earth today and they cant go to heaven or hell because they have already used up their one death? Paul even has another teaching where he speaks of a second death, but I thought we only have one death??

Reactions: Base12

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the spirit of prophesy is the spirit of Elijah....but I am still studying it...in Revelation the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy.
Greeting H2S, understand all prophesy is the Lord Jesus the Christ. don't take my word for it lets go to the bible. 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow"

understand the "Spirit of Christ" is Jesus the Holy Spirit in, in, in, the prophet of old testifying of the things to come. listen carefully, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost".

see the apostle Peter just told you who the Holy Ghost is..... listen, 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

question, WHO was in the prophets of old? that's right the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of Christ ... the Lord Jesus. see how the bible come full circle.

I keep saying it over and over, that Jesus is the Holy Spirit in the OT. and the bible keep saying it over and over.

so it's the Lord JESUS who is the Spirit of all prophecies.

PICJAG.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reincarnation and Elijah coming back has always been that elephant in the room that no one wanted to talk about. When talking about Elijah Jesus and the Jews make it pretty clear that it was Elijah coming back, not someone “in the spirit” or “good nature” or what ever, the Jews asked John if he was Elijah, Jesus said Elijah has come, Jesus didnt say someone different than Elijah came but they came in the “spirit of” Elijah. The bible even describes the phisical apperence of John looking just like Elijah.

Strange that so many thinks its crazy talk to even consider the idea of reincarnation, as if the bible teaches against it everywhere when the fact is there is very little taught on the subject. Many go to the Paul passage “men die once and are judged” and think this is the nail in the coffin against reincarnation. The passage has nothing to do with reincarnation, its talking about Jesus giving His life. And if it was to mean you only have one life here, one death and then one more life in heaven or hell, thats gonna cause some problems, now you have to explain what happened to all the people that were brought back from the dead, are they all still walking the earth today and they cant go to heaven or hell because they have already used up their one death? Paul even has another teaching where he speaks of a second death, but I thought we only have one death??
full

Reactions: jaybird

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

lets see what John say about this, as if he was Elijah or not. John 1:19 "And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
John 1:20 "And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. (One down and one to go).
John 1:21 "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No". well the word of God has put an end to this as John is Elijah the man, reincarnation or NOT. plain and simple, he's not the flesh and blood man Elijah of the OT.

PICJAG.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
lets see what John say about this, as if he was Elijah or not. John 1:19 "And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
John 1:20 "And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. (One down and one to go).
John 1:21 "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No". well the word of God has put an end to this as John is Elijah the man, reincarnation or NOT. plain and simple, he's not the flesh and blood man Elijah of the OT.

PICJAG.

if this were to happen today no church would send anyone to make an inquiry because they would all say we dont believe in reincarnation, but that doesnt seem to be the case back in those days. they sent their priest and levites, so one would have to conclude this concept was not a crazy idea at all, more like an accepted idea, i wonder what happened to that idea?

what does Jesus say about Elijah?

Matthew 17:12
But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands.”

Jesus said it was Elijah.

Reactions: Base12

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For thoses on Elijah reincarnation as John the Baptist... NO. for this is prophecy. listen, Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Matthew 3:2 "And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 3:3 "For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight". where was that written in Isaiah? Isaiah 40:1 "Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
Isaiah 40:2 "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.
Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Isaiah 40:4 "Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
Isaiah 40:5 "And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it".

see this is prophecy being fulfilled.

Luke 7:27 "This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee". where is this written at? Malachi 3:1 "Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Malachi 3:2 "But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap"

Malachi 3:1a "Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me" . my God this is the Lord Jesus speaking here, yes JESUS in the OT, without flesh, without bone, and without blood.

John came 6 months before the Lord Jesus, bingo, THE TWO WITNESS.

BOY THIS BIBLE IS FULL CIRCLE.

PICJAG.