Reincarnation of Elijah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if this were to happen today no church would send anyone to make an inquiry because they would all say we dont believe in reincarnation, but that doesnt seem to be the case back in those days. they sent their priest and levites, so one would have to conclude this concept was not a crazy idea at all, more like an accepted idea, i wonder what happened to that idea?

what does Jesus say about Elijah?

Matthew 17:12
But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands.”

Jesus said it was Elijah.
John 20:31

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 17:12 "But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Matthew 17:13 "Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

did they get it wrong? if they did the recoed/bible is false, God forbid. for the word of God is true,

PICJAG.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:21 "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not.
Some counter arguments...

• It is well known that Adults don't remember past lives. Children who do usually lose the memories before teen years. Thus John may have simply forgot.

• John's name is John and not Elias. Thus John is not Elias 'in name only'.

• John may have been fearing for his life and lied. If Jesus says YES and John says NO, then someone is fibbing. Now you have to make a choice as to who you are going to believe.

• Telling a lie out of fear is something that happens to the best of us sometimes...

Matthew 26:74
"Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew"

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are some Job 1:21 translations that haven't censored the word 'there' or 'thither'...

New American Standard Bible
He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD."

NET Bible
He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will return there. The LORD gives, and the LORD takes away. May the name of the LORD be blessed!"

New Heart English Bible
He said, "Naked I came out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD."

New American Standard 1977
And he said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD.”

World English Bible
He said, "Naked I came out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there. Yahweh gave, and Yahweh has taken away. Blessed be the name of Yahweh."

Contrast with these...

New International Version
and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

New Living Translation
He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!”

Conspiracy to hide the Truth?

full

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THIS JUST IN!!!

"The Pit" is where life is birthed from...

full

Which means the Beast comes from...

Revelation 17:8
"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is"

Get it?

full

But wait...

The verse says the Beast 'is not'. But then it says... 'it is'.

What kind of sorcery is this!!!

It just baffles the mind as to what that could mean. :rolleyes:

full

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible says there are 2 resurrections. One for the just and another for the unjust. It doesn't say there are multiple reincarnations/ressurections

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says there are 2 resurrections. One for the just and another for the unjust. It doesn't say there are multiple reincarnations/ressurections
For what it's worth, I see Resurrection and Reincarnation as two very different concepts.

Nothing changes as far as Resurrection goes, however Reincarnation would be (for example) Satan incarnating as...

• Head #1: King of Egypt/Pharoah
  • Head #2: King of Assyria
  • Head #3: King of Babylon
  • Head #4: King of Medo-Persia
  • Head #5: King of Greece
  • Head #6: King of Rome
  • Head #7: Coming Soon

Again, the above lists mainstream examples of the various Kings as they relate to each Head of the Beast.

Satan will once again Reincarnate in the future (ascend out of the bottomless pit) only to be destroyed later (go into perdition)...

Revelation 20:10
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever"

Note that it's an ongoing cycle. 'Ever and Ever' means 'Age after Age' or Lifetime after Lifetime.

The loop goes backwards in Time, not forwards.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I see Resurrection and Reincarnation as two very different concepts.

Nothing changes as far as Resurrection goes, however Reincarnation would be (for example) Satan incarnating as...

Daniel & John (Revelation) disagree with your "outline". They say:

1. Head of Gold, Babylon
2. Breast of Silver, Medo/Persia
3. Belly of Bronze, Greece
4. Legs of Iron, Rome
-- Feet of Clay, "Divided"
-- 5. Lion Eagle, U.K./U.S
-- 6. Bear, Russia
-- 7. Leopard (actually a TIGER), China
-- 8. Dreadful, United Nations​

And history agrees.
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Base12

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Again, the above lists mainstream examples of the various Kings as they relate to each Head of the Beast.

Satan will once again Reincarnate in the future (ascend out of the bottomless pit) only to be destroyed later (go into perdition)...

Revelation 20:10
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever"

Note that it's an ongoing cycle. 'Ever and Ever' means 'Age after Age' or Lifetime after Lifetime.

The loop goes backwards in Time, not forwards.
I am sure you have been asked this before... but I have to ask so I can see your answer...:):)...okay so reincarnation....a soul that is reborn and lives another life...so how does the population increase?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure you have been asked this before... but I have to ask so I can see your answer...:):)...okay so reincarnation....a soul that is reborn and lives another life...so how does the population increase?
Greeting H2S, you didn't hear about the the revolving BACK DOOR in heaven?... (smile)... :eek: .... lol, lol.

boy that that new math............. dose wonders... :rolleyes:

be blessed.

PICJAG

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting H2S, you didn't hear about the the revolving BACK DOOR in heaven?... (smile)... :eek: .... lol, lol.

boy that that new math............. dose wonders... :rolleyes:

be blessed.

PICJAG
Lol....no I missed that teaching...humm
But I personally do not agree with it...but some of @Base12's research and studies on the DNA and The Temple has my attention.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever heard of or studied Children remembering past lives? It's a fascinating topic.

What is your take?

The scripture speaks nothing of past lives. This has come from the pagan arena.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....no I missed that teaching...humm
But I personally do not agree with it...but some of @Base12's research and studies on the DNA and The Temple has my attention.
that's good, if it's true it will stand, 1 Thessalonians 5:21.

PICJAG.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

If a person is reincarnated then it can be said that they have resurrected. They were alive, then died, then came to life. That's what resurrection is by definition.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Elijah challenged Ahab and the 400 odd priests who believed in their pagan deities with their reincarnation theories. Those guys engaged all the bizarre activity from morning till night which their beliefs encompassed, calling out and dancing around their altar even cutting their bodies till the blood gushed out (penance) in the vain hope their God would answer by the agreed method ie fire.
It became tiresome for Elijah...go on he mocked, call louder, he might be asleep or on a journey.....maybe he's in the toilet.

Blindness that masquerades as vision becomes apparent by the foolishness it insists on embracing feigning insight.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been asked that before. I've never quite understood the question because the opposite could be asked as well...

"If Reincarnation doesn't happen, how does the population increase?"

In other words, where do people come from to begin with?

According to this website...

How Many People Have Ever Lived on Earth?

"...more than 108 billion members of our species have ever been born..."

That number is way less than those that exist now, which a few days ago hit 7,777,777,777. In other words, more people have died than are already alive, which means there are plenty of Spirits to Reincarnate.