Rejection of God mostly because of....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think nonbelievers rejection of God is mostly due to ;
- they demand a specific type of scientific evidence
- they cannot resolve the "problem of evil" (epicurus paradox")

To be a Christian requires a degree of humility: We must accept the fact that we are sinners and therefore embrace Christ as redeemer and savior. Many nonbelievers misperceive repentance as some sort of gaslighting and don’t want to do it. Thus, it’s not that atheists disbelieve due to a lack of evidence (there is actually an abundance of evidence for God’s existence); it’s that they don’t like being told to reject sin.

Reactions: humbleseeker

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends who are unbelievers have asked me about faith. Why do es a supreme being need lesser creatures to believe? When the greater consciousness would belong with their creator.

Why would that creator find satisfaction in worship from lesser beings? And reciprocate with blessings given to his created humans whom he condemns first until or unless he leads them to be saved from the fate he's prescribed for those he doesn't lead to himself.

Which is something they find odd in itself when everything is made by the creator.
Ours they say is like living a reworking of the Bug church cartoon block .

For the same reason we have and love our children. A loving relationship with them is precious. But then they might say they aren't a lesser being. Well, initially, they have no knowledge of anything, then they grow and learn more to a point when they can communicate. We teach them and guide them and enjoy watching them grow to adulthood - still not equal in knowledge and wisdom.
God has billions of children, relationships that He enjoys, though we will always be lesser beings, we'll become like Jesus.
I love amimals. I have a dog and enjoy my relationship with her. She is with me most of the time. She is a devoted companion, who is dependant on me, trusts me and kind of worships me in a way, a loyal friend too. She understands on a basic level of communication. It's limited though and that is the big difference. She can't talk back, but it is still great having a dog.
But we can talk to God and we are more like Him than our dogs are like us.
We will continue to grow and learn and as we do, so will our relationships.
Still, I would like to have my dog in heaven.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rejection of God mostly because of....

I think there are many reason that people reject God. They are reluctant to give up the lives they have for what they see as dull and boring. Some feel that they are not good enough for God and feel ashamed of their lives. Some are wary of the unknown. And as you say some can't accept God and scientific facts.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They are spiritually blind. It is a defect in all that has to be fixed. God draws us to Himself and removes that blindness. Then we see with a different perspective.
It is a change of heart. It is like night and day. We see the world differently and our lives. The beginning of knowledge and wisdom is the fear of the LORD. That means we take Him seriously.

Stephen Hawking, as brilliant as he was, was unable to grasp God. I'm sure he probably read the Bible, but didn't get it. He led people to believe otherwise and God made him just to show us that knowledge and leaning on one's understanding is not enough. His knowledge had a void in it, something missing that he couldn't figure. He had pride in his knowledge but was frustrated and probably angry and disappointed about his physical handicap. He suffered and that was probably included in his doubts about God.
There was a famous parapalegic who was a Christian and had a much different attitude: Joni Ericksontada ... spelling?
Einstein came close to believing by reason of his conclusions that the universe is too finely tuned to have happened by accident, that there must be a Creator. He probably read the Bible too. Who knows if he didn't call out to Jesus before he died?
We just don't know what God is doing in the lives of unbelievers. Sometimes it takes a lifetime and in their final moments, they surrender their will, their pride vanishes and they reach out to God.
Both my parents went this way. It took them a lifetime - like the man on the cross next to Jesus.
I just don't think guys like Darwin or Hawking, after leading millions astray, would be saved. Hawking was already judged in this life. I think God makes fools out of some people as an example. I don't think Einstein had the same attitude towards God. Don't think he pushed that envelope and peddled atheism or the TOE. ??

Last edited:
Reactions: humbleseeker

Hawkins

Jan 16, 2007
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Because they are fooled by Satan. This is prophesied in the very first chapter of the Bible that the much more intelligent angelic being fooled Adam.
Humans are easily fooled.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

That said. Humans don't rely on evidence to get to a truth of any kind. They rely exclusively on faith in human testimonies to get to a truth. Whoever failed to realize this is doomed. Science is about a repeatable phenomenon being witnessed by the few scientists acting as eyewitnesses then for their testimonies to reach the majority. That's how we know for a fact that black holes exist without any evidence given to us. Only a few scientists actually have the evidence (through expensive equipment hardly accessible to common people).

Everything else works in the same way. For example, covid-19 death tolls are listed on a daily basis for more than 2 years now. Which date's figure has ever been made evident to you as an individual. This simultaneously says that we don't rely on evidence to get to the truth! Only those few responsible for counting and gathering the figures could possibly have the evidence. They are the eyewitnesses, as for the rest they rely on faith to reach such a truth.

Moreover, scientific truth is easier to be evidenced simply because science is tied to a repeatable phenomenon that humans can repeatedly do tests and observations on. Satan fooled the atheists such that they think that everything is repeatable as science is. For example, historical truths are basically not repeatable thus it is difficult for humans to gather their evidence. When you ate eggs before the age of two, who can evidence that besides the testimonies from your own mother. That's the nature of what history is.

Under God's absolute sovereignty, Satan the crafty snake gives atheists the delusion that we need evidence to believe God, while in reality we only need testimonies to get to the truth. That's how the god of this world blinded the unbelievers. Moreover, if God is scientifically evidenced then how can men be saved when the Covenant clearly says that we need faith to be saved. Again, Satan blinded the minds of the atheists such that they failed to reason that if God is evidenced then humans are no longer savable.

Satan also fooled them to think that earth is heaven. An analogy is that Heaven is an aquarium while the earth is the filter security its cleanness. Earth is for every evil to show up such that evil can be destroyed once and for all by means of a lawful/legal process known as the Final Judgment. Atheists are fooled to mistakenly think that the filter is the aquarium.

In contrary, the following is very evident,

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: LookingForGod

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they are fooled by Satan. This is prophesied in the very first chapter of the Bible that the much more intelligent angelic being fooled Adam.
Humans are easily fooled.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

That said. Humans don't rely on evidence to get to a truth of any kind. They rely exclusively on faith in human testimonies to get to a truth. Whoever failed to realize this is doomed. Science is about a repeatable phenomenon being witnessed by the few scientists acting as eyewitnesses then for their testimonies to reach the majority. That's how we know for a fact that black holes exist without any evidence given to us. Only a few scientists actually have the evidence (through expensive equipment hardly accessible to common people).

Everything else works in the same way. For example, covid-19 death tolls are listed on a daily basis for more than 2 years now. Which date's figure has ever been made evident to you as an individual. This simultaneously says that we don't rely on evidence to get to the truth! Only those few responsible for counting and gathering the figures could possibly have the evidence. They are the eyewitnesses, as for the rest they rely on faith to reach such a truth.

Moreover, scientific truth is easier to be evidenced simply because science is tied to a repeatable phenomenon that humans can repeatedly do tests and observations on. Satan fooled the atheists such that they think that everything is repeatable as science is. For example, historical truths are basically not repeatable thus it is difficult for humans to gather their evidence. When you ate eggs before the age of two, who can evidence that besides the testimonies from your own mother. That's the nature of what history is.

Under God's absolute sovereignty, Satan the crafty snake gives atheists the delusion that we need evidence to believe God, while in reality we only need testimonies to get to the truth. That's how the god of this world blinded the unbelievers. Moreover, if God is scientifically evidenced then how can men be saved when the Covenant clearly says that we need faith to be saved. Again, Satan blinded the minds of the atheists such that they failed to reason that if God is evidenced then humans are no longer savable.

Satan also fooled them to think that earth is heaven. An analogy is that Heaven is an aquarium while the earth is the filter security its cleanness. Earth is for every evil to show up such that evil can be destroyed once and for all by means of a lawful/legal process known as the Final Judgment. Atheists are fooled to mistakenly think that the filter is the aquarium.

In contrary, the following is very evident,

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Spot-on opinion. Many atheists think their lack of belief is a result of their “adept” knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Yet what they don’t know is that denial of God’s existence is a lie straight from the depths of hell. Atheists lack the wisdom to understand this because they mistake their lack of belief for some sort of special esoteric knowledge, basically because they’re arrogant.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rejection of God is a tool of the Devil.

I renounce Satan and all of his false promises.

Reactions: Pearl

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't want to feel obligated to be obedient to it's dictates