Rejoice in the Lord Always!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Nancy. I appreciate your transparency. I've also said almost the same words. But I didn't give up seeking Him, because I didn't have any choice, and He led me to a place where I got the freedom I'd been needing so desperately, though I went screaming and kicking. There is a church doctrine that says sanctification is a one-time event that happens when we are justified. I've learned otherwise. If you would like to see my layout of salvation (spirit, soul and body), it's on the Theology Forum, with my thread being called, "It is the glory of God..." I see it like this: it's like you have 10 full garbage cans but you only have 9 lids. Try as you may, garbage will eventually start stinking from the can with no lid. The solution is to take the garbage out. If you like what you read, there is a place God has helped me that, while being a small ministry, have free videos that address what you are talking about. And you don't have to join anything or give out personal information. This man, in his 80s, has helped those that struggle in the body at large since the 70's." Make up you own mind. Never take my word for anything. Shalom.

Thank you Ron,
And, I appreciate your reply and the info. Yes, I will take a look at your testimony and check out the videos. Thank you! And, I don't ever take someone's word until it has been proven to be biblical, Amen!

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you Ron,
And, I appreciate your reply and the info. Yes, I will take a look at your testimony and check out the videos. Thank you! And, I don't ever take someone's word until it has been proven to be biblical, Amen!
Hi. I didn't want to seem pushy, so I didn't mention the ministry in my thread. If you do decide that you want more info, please don't hesitate to ask. Ron.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. I didn't want to seem pushy, so I didn't mention the ministry in my thread. If you do decide that you want more info, please don't hesitate to ask. Ron.

Yes, I would like to take a look.
Please feel free to in box me with the info...and the videos too? Thank you :)

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Blessings in Christ Jesus! This once or twice is likened to hoping in the back seat and letting Him drive. When we a truly willing to let go and trust Him in all things He will take the wheel. And when He takes the wheel you will rejoice(and I say rejoice) through all things and you will truly understand the early churches Power and Authority."In they Presence is fullness of joy."
and when you fall? it was like the world has crumbled...
because you found out and you know the truth but you still fell willingly

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
falling to sin willingly is equal to? no more law? is equal to death already? should i just do what i want then kill myself? because there is no more chance for me?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I would like to take a look.
Please feel free to in box me with the info...and the videos too? Thank you :)
falling to sin willingly is equal to? no more law? is equal to death already? should i just do what i want then kill myself? because there is no more chance for me?
Hi, Funny Bird. It is my belief that when one is justified, this enables us to be born again spiritually. I believe that our spirit is reborn of uncorruptible seed. 1 Peter 1:23 Our spirit can't sin, but our soul (mind, will and emotion) is still rotten to the core. The center of the soul is the heart. Jeremiah 17:9 This justification allows God to begin to sanctify our soul. There is some teaching required, but near the end of it, one learns to 1 - Deny Self 2 - Take up our cross daily and 3 - Follow Jesus. Luke 9:23 This is becoming a disciple of Christ. I hope this will bring you some peace. Shalom.

Reactions: marks

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and when you fall? it was like the world has crumbled...
because you found out and you know the truth but you still fell willingly
Each day we have been given is like writing a page in a journal. On that page will be written when we fall, and fall we will. At the end of the day by His Grace we will fall to our knees to say that we are sorry. When the page is turned to start a new day, if we were to look back we would find yesterdays page empty. That is because of The blood that He shed for us. Out of His love for us, He gave us a way when there was no way.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is repeated immediately. I think God means it.

So what are the implications of rejoicing always? How do we do that? Not just pretending that we feel extreme happiness when we don't, but to be truly happy all the time?

Much love!
It's almost impossible unless a good portion of time is set aside each day for devotional-type exercise, such as praying, reading and studying the Bible, and meditation/contemplation. When this is observed and done properly, continuous rejoicing is nearly automatic. My great-grandmother used to walk around the house talking to Jesus and praising Him as she worked. She never had a television, but she had a radio that would play Gospel-music-only, when it was on, which was not too often. She intentionally guarded the avenues to her soul so as not to let in any unnecessary corruption. She was a great influence on me. She was there with me at her couch on her kness as I asked Jesus into my heart at 8 years old. In the text, the instruction is given twice. This is a common Hebrew form of expression, meant to indicate importance (e.g. Verily, verily). As if to say that if one is not rejoicing in the Lord always, an adjustment needs to be made. Some people have to rejoice aloud or under their breath to keep up the pace. Others have the powers of concentration to do it perfectly still/quietly. It is a great blessing to experience.

Reactions: amadeus and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She never had a television, but she had a radio that would play Gospel-music-only, when it was on, which was not too often. She intentionally guarded the avenues to her soul so as not to let in any unnecessary corruption.
I'm the same way. I mean, my wife and I have recorded media we watch. But nothing besides that. And the hymns, yes!!!

I've learned the same thing, and I endeavor to make sure what's going into my mind is specifically building up, not tearing down.

I find the benefit is that I stay focused on God's presence with me, and on His promises, and from there, enjoy our relationship.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As if to say that if one is not rejoicing in the Lord always, an adjustment needs to be made. Some people have to rejoice aloud or under their breath to keep up the pace. Others have the powers of concentration to do it perfectly still/quietly. It is a great blessing to experience.
I find this rejoicing to simply well up from the heart in the presence of God. Forget He's there, or think He is holding something against you, and it tends to evaporate.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each day we have been given is like writing a page in a journal. On that page will be written when we fall, and fall we will. At the end of the day by His Grace we will fall to our knees to say that we are sorry. When the page is turned to start a new day, if we were to look back we would find yesterdays page empty. That is because of The blood that He shed for us. Out of His love for us, He gave us a way when there was no way.
I've been learning moment by moment living.

There is something happening right now in my life, and in this moment, God shares with me His life, and in the sharing of His life, I know what to do this moment. And then the moment is gone. And repeat . . .

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and GTW27

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I love this... :)

Reactions: GTW27

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a garden in our hearts. In the center of this garden is a well. A wellspring, actually. This is where the living waters come from. In ancient times, an enemy would come to another's well where they drew water for their livestock and themselves. If an enemy wanted to hurt you, one thing he would do is toss dead animals, rocks, trees, and venomous snakes into your well, so that when you were cleaning this junk out of your well, you might get bit. This is an illustration of what the enemy does to our inner well throughout our lives. God wants to clean all this stuff out. If the enemy can't stop you from becoming a Christian, his next goal is to keep you from maturing. Immature believers are not much of a threat to him. Mature disciples are his worst nightmare, because we have Jesus in our hearts. Shalom.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
ic thru the son we are dead without the son and dead with the law because if you just broke 1 law, it said you already broke everything