RELIGION: A Denial that Jesus is Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll have to look it up. There are different schools on how to interpret biblical prophecy. Preterists tend to see these prophecies, normally viewed as "yet to be fulfilled," as events that have already transpired. For example, a "Full Preterist" will see prophecies of Christ's coming in glory as something fulfilled in 70 AD. A Partial Preterist will see the prophecy of Antichrist as fulfilled in Nero, or in some other ancient historical figure.
Everything has been fulfilled. Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. It's over, it's finished. We are waiting for the return of Jesus, plus nothing. The tribulation period has ALREADY happened. Tens of thousands of Christians were persecuted and murdered by Ceasar. All of the apostles died violent deaths except for John. They died because they would not worship Ceasar.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything has been fulfilled. Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. It's over, it's finished. We are waiting for the return of Jesus, plus nothing. The tribulation period has ALREADY happened. Tens of thousands of Christians were persecuted and murdered by Ceasar. All of the apostles died violent deaths except for John. They died because they would not worship Ceasar.
Then you consider yourself a Preterist? If so, what kind?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what a Preterist is. I consider myself to be a Gospel believing Christian.
Well, you're a smart guy. Time to get educated so you can use your brain to communicate the Gospel to people with many different world views?

A Preterist believes that most Bible prophecies have already been fulfilled. For Preterists future prophecy is an indulgence in horoscope reading, or worse. (I exaggerate for effect.)

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you're a smart guy. Time to get educated so you can use your brain to communicate the Gospel to people with many different world views?

A Preterist believes that most Bible prophecies have already been fulfilled. For Preterists future prophecy is an indulgence in horoscope reading, or worse. (I exaggerate for effect.)
The word Preterist is not in my dictionary, nor is Futurist. I think that these are words that you have made up.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious Pharisees could not believe that Jesus was the Lord. In spite of all of the miracles that Jesus did they still could not be believe that Jesus was the Lord God. They said, "Is not this Jospeh's son?" Luke 4:22. There are multitudes of professing Christians that do not believe that Jesus is the Lord.

Jesus said, "You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world. Only God can atone for the sins of the whole world, Jesus said, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved" John 3:17. To deny that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to deny that Jesus is Lord.

To deny that Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil is to deny that Jesus is Lord. The religious deny that Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil by trying to defeat sin, death and the devil themselves, through their religious works and beliefs. Multitudes are in the sin fight. Jesus has ALREADY defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

The religious are not able to believe that Jesus is the Lord, they are not able to, "Enter into his rest" "For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works (religion) as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10. Christians are resting in the righteousness and in the atonement of Jesus Christ and not in themselves.

The work of salvation has ALREADY been done, "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. Stop trying to do in your flesh what God has ALREADY done in Jesus Christ, "When he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" Hebrews 1:3.
"Religion" is what we make it, I believe. Hopefully for most it means our efforts to understand God and do his will.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Religion" is what we make it, I believe. Hopefully for most it means our efforts to understand God and do his will.
Religion is man's effort to make himself pleasing to God by the works of the law. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, which we are all one of. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ; we are accepted only in him and because of him.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion is man's effort to make himself pleasing to God by the works of the law. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, which we are all one of. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ; we are accepted only in him and because of him.
Is that the dictionary definition of "religion"?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that the dictionary definition of "religion"?
No. The definition of religion in the Greek means to bind. The religious are bound by the law.

Religion is about us, our works, our piety, our obedience to the law. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ, his works, his piety, his obedience to the law. Al that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The definition of religion in the Greek means to bind. The religious are bound by the law.

Religion is about us, our works, our piety, our obedience to the law. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ, his works, his piety, his obedience to the law. Al that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.
I think the word "religion" means different things to you and me. I think of "religion" as people's attempts to do the Lord's will. That's not to say there aren't people in high places in churches who have their own agendas, apart from the Lord's.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the word "religion" means different things to you and me. I think of "religion" as people's attempts to do the Lord's will. That's not to say there aren't people in high places in churches who have their own agendas, apart from the Lord's.
If you could do God's will, then you would not need a savior. God's will is that you trust in his Son Jesus Christ as your savior.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you could do God's will, then you would not need a savior. God's will is that you trust in his Son Jesus Christ as your savior.
I don't agree. We all need a savior because we've all sinned, but why would you believe we need to continue sinning?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree. We all need a savior because we've all sinned, but why would you believe we need to continue sinning?
As long as you are on this earth in your sinful Adamic body you will sin, Romans 8:23. Paul struggled with sin, Romans 7:7-25.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord told us to repent (Matthew 4:17).
Christians are always repenting. This is a normal part of a Christians life. All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will repent.

"For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would" Galatians 5:17.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are always repenting. This is a normal part of a Christians life. All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will repent.

"For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would" Galatians 5:17.
I wouldn't say Christians are always repenting. A lot of people call themselves Christians who don't seem to repent at all.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That leads us into a long discussion about what defines a Christian, which I'm not eager to enter in to.
I will define a Christian. A Christian is someone that has faith in Jesus Christ, plus nothing else. No laws, no works, no religion.