RELIGION: A Denial that Jesus is Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I say that? All that come to Christ to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to produce good works and the Christian life.
You said, "I will define a Christian. A Christian is someone that has faith in Jesus Christ, plus nothing else. No laws, no works, no religion." You said "No laws." So I asked, "So it's okay to murder and things like that?" I guess I was looking for a yes or no answer.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said, "I will define a Christian. A Christian is someone that has faith in Jesus Christ, plus nothing else. No laws, no works, no religion." You said "No laws." So I asked, "So it's okay to murder and things like that?" I guess I was looking for a yes or no answer.
All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will live godly lives, but that does not justify them, and they will still sin.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will define a Christian. A Christian is someone that has faith in Jesus Christ, plus nothing else. No laws, no works, no religion.
If a Christian has no law, how do they know they sin? Didn't you say upthread that Christians still sin? What is your definition of sin?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a Christian has no law, how do they know they sin? Didn't you say upthread that Christians still sin? What is your definition of sin?
Sin is the transgression of God's law, 1 John 3:4. God's law demands perfect obedience or death. I have no desire to be under it or subject to it. This is why I believe that, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The war has already been won and Jesus is Lord, Revelation 19:16. All that we are looking for now is the return of Jesus.
Revelation 19 has not happened yet brother.

The Church I was raised in (a Preterist Church) thought those things like you, they believed the only thing left was Jesus' future return.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything has been fulfilled. Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. It's over, it's finished. We are waiting for the return of Jesus, plus nothing. The tribulation period has ALREADY happened. Tens of thousands of Christians were persecuted and murdered by Ceasar. All of the apostles died violent deaths except for John. They died because they would not worship Ceasar.
The "great tribulation" that Jesus warned us about is still yet to happen.

Whatever kind of Church it is you're going to, you need to run immediately from it, because there's a lot of Bible they are skipping that is especially important for the times we are living in.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why will they still sin?
Because they have not overcome all temptations. Did not Jesus overcome all of his temptations? How are we able to become like him and thereby overcome all of our temptations?

Mr 10:27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Can God in us overcome the temptations, which when we yield to them lead us to sin?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they have not overcome all temptations. Did not Jesus overcome all of his temptations? How are we able to become like him and thereby overcome all of our temptations?

Mr 10:27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Can God in us overcome the temptations, which when we yield to them lead us to sin?
First we must understand what sin is. Then we must resist the temptation to sin.

I think lots of people still haven't figured out what sin is.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First we must understand what sin is. Then we must resist the temptation to sin.

I think lots of people still haven't figured out what sin is.
And will not God first help us to know what to resist [sin] and then if we ask help us so that we do not sin? What is the purpose of the Holy Spirit?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I truly feel sorry for those brethren that can only believe they will be saved in Christ Jesus if they become literally perfect in their flesh like Him. FYI ... that will never happen for us in the flesh, for we can never be our 'own' Christ.

As a matter of fact, if I went to a Church that told me I must... live a 'perfect' sinless life in order to be saved by Jesus, and that I must become just like Jesus in the flesh, I would tear out running from that false beth-aven church.

And one of the doctrines of men I would consider that kind of false church is teaching, is OCCULTISM. How do I mean that you might ask?

One of the ideas esoteric occultism teaches is about 'achieving perfection' in order to be released from their so-called 'wheel of rebirth'. (Yes, the occult secret societies believe in eastern reincarnation). That is one of things they say Buddha accomplished, having reached what they call Nirvana.

The western occult societies teach that same idea of 'achieving perfection', using occult exercises and so-called purification rituals, etc. They even teach the idea of BECOMING YOUR OWN CHRIST!

What they actually do, is to 'separate' The Christ as Spirit apart from the man Jesus of Nazareth. To them it means ANYONE can achieve what Jesus of Nazareth did! You only need to receive THE CHRIST SPIRIT they say. But that idea is FALSE.

At the end of Matthew 1, we are told Jesus of Nazareth is "Emmanuel", which means 'God with us'. That means Jesus of Nazareth is GOD come in the flesh. It does not mean Jesus had to become, or achieve GOD status. It means Jesus was GOD before... He came in the flesh through woman's womb, and was so Eternally God The Son. And if you do not believe Jesus is God come in the flesh, then you have no Salvation through His Blood, because it would make Jesus' Sacrifice upon His cross mean nothing to you.

We in Christ Jesus cannot become our own God, nor our own Christ. That is a lie from the devil and his children. What we are counted as are the "sons of God", or children of God, and not as God Himself.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And will not God first help us to know what to resist [sin] and then if we ask help us so that we do not sin? What is the purpose of the Holy Spirit?
God will help us if we let him. Paul told us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). And we must understand praying is just as much about listening to God as it is talking to him.

As I believe Jesus is God in flesh, so I believe the Holy Spirit is what we call God when we converse with him.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "great tribulation" that Jesus warned us about is still yet to happen.

Whatever kind of Church it is you're going to, you need to run immediately from it, because there's a lot of Bible they are skipping that is especially important for the times we are living in.
The only thing that Christians are looking for is the return of Jesus. The tribulation period has already happened, Revelation 1:1. The early church went through it.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will help us if we let him. Paul told us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). And we must understand praying is just as much about listening to God as it is talking to him.

As I believe Jesus is God in flesh, so I believe the Holy Spirit is what we call God when we converse with him.
God does not speak to us in an audible voice. Beware of voices. God only speaks to us through the scriptures.