Religion is about what WE do.True Christianity is about what CHRIST has already done.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not a demand, I simply accept what God's word tells me......that's what growing spiritually means. I didn't make the rules.....God did.
Oh you mean you read teh bible and get confused like everyone else, see a lot of that on christian forums. I have never being able to read Jesus, He just simply talks to us.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one who refuse to use their gifts will be in the kingdom of God. But all those who will be in the kingdom of God, will be those who will be rewared for what they did.....Jesus made that very clear as well as Paul and John.
And did God call you to do something or are you like these

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Not all are called, not all have minstires. be careful teh path you walk, there are many on here digging there own graves.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
And did God call you to do something or are you like these

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Not all are called, not all have minstires. be careful teh path you walk, there are many on here digging there own graves.

And the will of the Father is to obey Jesus.

Matthew 17:5 (MontgomeryNT)
5 While he was yet speaking, behold! a luminous cloud overshadowed them; and a voice out of the cloud, saying. "This is my Son, my Beloved, in whom is my delight. Listen to him."

Jesus ask, why call Him Lord and not do what He say?

Luke 6:46 (ESV)
46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

Then Jesus goes on to tell us the kind of person who obeys Him as oppose to the one that did not.

Luke 6:47-49 (ESV)
47 Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like:
48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.
49 But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.”

Jesus' own words in Luke 6:47-49 tells me that He requires His people to be doing what He tells them. You assume that because salvation is free you don't have to do anything at all. I have given this example before....a billionaire has a million dollars for you....you don't have to earn it, all you do is step forward and take the check out of his hand. Do you believe you will get the million dollars if you refuse to step forward and take it?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the will of the Father is to obey Jesus.

Matthew 17:5 (MontgomeryNT)
5 While he was yet speaking, behold! a luminous cloud overshadowed them; and a voice out of the cloud, saying. "This is my Son, my Beloved, in whom is my delight. Listen to him."

Jesus ask, why call Him Lord and not do what He say?

Luke 6:46 (ESV)
46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

Then Jesus goes on to tell us the kind of person who obeys Him as oppose to the one that did not.

Luke 6:47-49 (ESV)
47 Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like:
48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.
49 But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.”

Jesus' own words in Luke 6:47-49 tells me that He requires His people to be doing what He tells them. You assume that because salvation is free you don't have to do anything at all. I have given this example before....a billionaire has a million dollars for you....you don't have to earn it, all you do is step forward and take the check out of his hand. Do you believe you will get the million dollars if you refuse to step forward and take it?

Your assuming a lot because I dont agree with you. Do you love your fellow man, if you do than you are doing Gods will,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not me you disagree with it's Jesus.....i didn't put the scriptures that I post in the Bible.
Maybe its about time you spent less time reading and more time with Jesus,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

and this bit

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

and this bit

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

And I am quiet in agreemnt with Jesus.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Maybe its about time you spent less time reading and more time with Jesus,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

and this bit

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

and this bit

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

And I am quiet in agreemnt with Jesus.

Why are you quoting the very Bible that you are speaking againt? It's like I'm conversing with somone that has a split personality or a bot. One minuite you reject what the scriptures, then the mext you are quoting from it. LOL

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why are you quoting the very Bible that you are speaking againt? It's like I'm conversing with somone that has a split personality or a bot. One minuite you reject what the scriptures, then the mext you are quoting from it. LOL
There is no life in teh bible, you wont find salvation in teh bible, it only points to the one who is life, Jesus Christ, you can not know God nor Christ but by revalation. I know God by God not by teh bible, just another idol that men put between them and God, who needs God when you have a book.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and this bit

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Have a good night and God bless

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
There is no life in teh bible, you wont find salvation in teh bible, it only points to the one who is life, Jesus Christ, you can not know God nor Christ but by revalation. I know God by God not by teh bible, just another idol that men put between them and God, who needs God when you have a book.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and this bit

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Have a good night and God bless

All of that and you still didn't answer my question, while continuing to quote the very book you don't believe in.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All of that and you still didn't answer my question, while continuing to quote the very book you don't believe in.
Because you and most christians dont listen to anything else. Not Jesus not God not the Holy Spirit, Besides I believe, Know Christ, so much better the living word than a dead book. Your choice.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

1 John 2:4-6 (ESV)

4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,
5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him:
6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

It's one thing to talk about Jesus and how we love Him, it's another thing to do what He commands us to do. The only one we deceive is ourselves when we live by our own beliefs.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Because you and most christians dont listen to anything else. Not Jesus not God not the Holy Spirit, Besides I believe, Know Christ, so much better the living word than a dead book. Your choice.

What you say makes no sense.....the Bible is God's word. How can one say they obey what Jesus said in the Bible, but still disobey Jesus? No one that has the Holy Spirit would disobey what Jesus commands in the Bible. Before you can live according to God's will, you have to first believe that He preserved the Bible for His people to study it and then live it. But once you condemn the Bible as being a dead book, then you are speaking the words of the devil.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nah just means my salvation by that sacrifice that Christ paid for me is enough, Is Gods Love not enough of a reward for us that we must try earn it.

Everyone is trying to impress God, God is not impressed, any thing I receive is because of Gods love and grace and will be happily received, but it will not be by my works, I have nothing to boast of but Christ Jesus. Nothing at all,

Sorry can't agree here. ( hey we finally find something that we don't agree upon...what fun :) )

What you are saying is... " I am quite happy to sit in "the house " knowing that my beloved loves me....but I am not interested in the intimacy of the bed chamber , or being as close to him as I can get. Or come to that, being where HE has DESTINED me to be."

That to me is your attitude here.
"Im saved, so that is enough for me."

Paul did not preach this...Paul was always looking forward and reaching toward the position in glory that God had called him to fill..." unless he missed the mark of the prize of the high calling."

This pattern is shown in the tabernacle in the wilderness...each priest had a different duty and calling...not all were Aaron...not all Moses, not all served the shewbread, not all tended the candlestick with oil...not all served at the brazen altar sacrificing...etc etc...God has a place and a purpose for all...and it behooves us to fill the order and calling that He has destined for us.
Not just in the here and now...but also in the kingdom, as Paul shows us.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's besides the point. The point is, I choose to do my onw personal Bible study(as the scripture say I should), rather than depend on someone else to inlighten me about God's word. Many times those who others look to teach them, are themselves lack understanding. Which would mean that those who look to them will also lack understanding.
And yet consider what Paul was saying here:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" Eph 4:11-15

What is the purpose of these apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers? When God has really sent them to us, should we cast them aside in favor of our own efforts alone?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you say makes no sense.....the Bible is God's word. How can one say they obey what Jesus said in the Bible, but still disobey Jesus? No one that has the Holy Spirit would disobey what Jesus commands in the Bible. Before you can live according to God's will, you have to first believe that He preserved the Bible for His people to study it and then live it. But once you condemn the Bible as being a dead book, then you are speaking the words of the devil.
When Jesus was dead how much help was he able to give anyone? Did not his good words and his miracles stop until he resurrected?

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
And yet consider what Paul was saying here:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" Eph 4:11-15

What is the purpose of these apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers? When God has really sent them to us, should we cast them aside in favor of our own efforts alone?

That only applies if those who profess to be prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers are actually what they presents themselves to be. I have put them in the scale so-to-speak(I'm referring to the Bible) many of those who present themselves as such and have found them to be false.