Religion questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

leonardomartins

Oct 10, 2009
Hello. I'm a Portuguese catholic man. I was raised in the catholic spirit and I love to be part of our family. I'm posting this because I have some questions. They were posed to me by one person that I know and unfortunately I wasn't able to respond them. Sorry.They are:Since Adam and Eve are mythological figures, why did Jesus came to save us from Original Sin? Shouldn't Original Sin be also mythological?Why did God created dinosaurs and let them die instead of, creating us first?Why did God created so many superfluous planets? We just need two or three. Why billions of them?Why didn't God told Jesus to tell us information like Heliocentrism instead of letting us defend Geocentric?Thanks in advance for the responses. I copied the questions from a mail so they are exactly how he posed them to me.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
[quote name='leonardomartins;73474]Hello. I'm a Portuguese catholic man. I was raised in the catholic spirit and I love to be part of our family. I'm posting this because I have some questions. They were posed to me by one person that I know and unfortunately I wasn't able to respond them. Sorry.They are:Since Adam and Eve are mythological figures' date=' why did Jesus came to save us from Original Sin? Shouldn't Original Sin be also mythological?Why did God created dinosaurs and let them die instead of, creating us first?Why did God created so many superfluous planets? We just need two or three. Why billions of them?Why didn't God told Jesus to tell us information like Heliocentrism instead of letting us defend Geocentric?Thanks in advance for the responses. I copied the questions from a mail so they are exactly how he posed them to me.[/QUOTE']This person has asked some hard questions that are not easy to answer. That is his whole purpose.If you were able to answer them , guaranteed he will find five more to ask. This will continue until you give up and he wins the debate , at least in his own mind.Instead , you should ask him for his evidence showing that Adam & Eve were mythical figures. (He will be unable)Ask him for proof that man was not here with the dinosaur. (He will be unable)Ask him if he is aware that higher physics states that if the equivalent of one penny of mass was to be removed from the solar system , it would lose equilibrium.Tell him we agree that there are many things Jesus did not tell us. What he did tell us is contained in just a few words in the bible and after 2000 years we still do not even completely understand even that , let alone ask for more.Do not be afraid to ask him hard question about his beliefs , after all , that is what he is doing to you. As a Christian , you have truth on your side , even if you cannot always prove it to others. Tell your friend he must first want to know the truth before he will ever find it. Most often (in my experience) these folks are not really looking for answers. Mostly what they look for are questions they know cannot be answered. Every time they can make a Christian squirm , they put another checkmark beside their un-belief.Best regardsMartin W.

leonardomartins

Oct 10, 2009
Thanks Martin for the response. I'm collecting some info to send him back. I might change his ways ;)Some more questions (these are from myself :cool: )Do God knows the future?What is the criteria that God uses when deciding if a miracle should happen?Did God made genetic errors on purpose or it is something that happens because of miscalculations?Did God decided the shapes of our sexual organs?Thanks in advance again.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
leonardomartins;73477 said:
Thanks Martin for the response. I'm collecting some info to send him back. I might change his ways ;)Some more questions (these are from myself :cool: )Do God knows the future?What is the criteria that God uses when deciding if a miracle should happen?Did God made genetic errors on purpose or it is something that happens because of miscalculations?Did God decided the shapes of our sexual organs?Thanks in advance again.
"Do God knows the future?"Yes God knows the future."What is the criteria that God uses when deciding if a miracle should happen?"i believe that if a miracle serves His purpose then a miracle will happen. If a miracle does not serve His purpose then a miracle will not happen."Did God made genetic errors on purpose or it is something that happens because of miscalculations?"All suffering and genetic errors have come as a result of man coming to the knowledge of Good and Evil. "Did God decided the shapes of our sexual organs?"Would anyone else have been the one who decided the shapes of our sexual organs ?All Praise The Ancient Of Days

E

Elaine

leonardomartins;73474]Hello. I said:
I'm not so sure they are mythological. How can anyone be sure.[/B] Why did God create dinosaurs and let them die instead of, creating us first? I don't believe we have any idea what was here or when. Or you could say - God can do anything he wants to do -or you could say maybe it was a trial run until the earth got more settled with it's changes, and eruptions and core cooling. When it was safer -bingo -man. Why did God create so many superfluous planets? We just need two or three. Why billions of them? Funny, "We" just need...who are "we"? Pretty self centered, no? It is simply the Magnificence of God manifested, spilling over into the 3rd Dimension. (That's only 1 Dimension -wait til you see more!)God is a God of abundnce. Just think, He created this whole planet with it's enormous atmosphere when there were only to set of lungs. What a Guy. Why didn't God tell Jesus to tell us information like Heliocentrism instead of letting us defend Geocentric? Why didn't He tell us alot of things. Thanks in advance for the responses. I copied the questions from a mail so they are exactly how he posed them to me.
Hope you can read my answers ok.:)Elaine

E

Elaine

"Do God knows the future?"Yes God knows the future. "What is the criteria that God uses when deciding if a miracle should happen?"i believe that if a miracle serves His purpose then a miracle will happen. If a miracle does not serve His purpose then a miracle will not happen.---Adstar...............................................................................................I agree, but may I also add my 2 cents...Does God know the future?Not only that, but Time is a creation belonging to the 3rd Dimension. Ahh, miracles, indeed - who knows exactly ---BUT,' It is impossible to please God without faith' -God doesn't respond to tears and fears and begging...ahh, but Faith He responds to. He is a Lover and a Father and a Friend and a Provider and a Sustainer and a Rewarder, etc, Would He give a stone when you ask for bread?I have never had a prayer not answered. Miracles? I've been healed (July 2, 2009) from a terrible, painful, worsening, expensive physical problem. Did it serve His purpose ---He answered a faithful prayer in His Son's Name ---pure and simple as instructed and explained in the New Testament by His Son. :)Elaine

Christian Commando

Nov 8, 2007
Leonardomartins- God's Word declares that God created all things by speaking them into existance. Secular science claims evolution, over billions of years had done so. The problem? Even many a Secular scientist today, are changing thier evolutionary beliefs over to believing in a "God" behind original creation, because even for the "billions" of years of evolution, the Earth, environment and living creatures could never have evolved so far in so little time. As such, it was God, not evolution, that created the first man and woman. Point 2- dinosaurs first, not man? God declares in His word, He created the Earth not in vain, but to be inhabited. But never declares "by what". Many people argue this was mean't for man only. But, its by man's arrogance, he believes God would only consider creating the Earth for man, no other creatures. Why? There are cats, dogs, wild cats, dingos, Girrafs, cows, hogs, water bufflo, etc, etc. So, God only cares about man existing? I don't think so. This is why God had tried various other lesser intelligent creatures before man. Also, realize, God asks Job- "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth, and the stars of Heaven sang and sons of God shouted for joy?" this tells us, Angels had been created before the physical world. And... since thats true, Lucifer/Satan, fell from Grace with God by sin before that too. So... most likely, God may have wanted to create new creatures first for a time with less intelligence for less possible problems as had with Lucifer. Point 3- What does "superfluous" mean? Ask the man why there are so many people and everyone is different. Because God Created all things for His pleasure- (loves variety). Point 4- Helio and Geo- Jesus came here not to destroy the Law, but to fulfill it. Therefore, what Christ taught us, was the Truth of God for living a better life in God thru christ, for developing our relationship with God, not points that do not relate to that. We could ask why Jesus never taught us about TV Dinners, Pot Pies, Model T Fords, the space Shuttle etc too, if wanted to be stupid about it. Truth? Apparently your friend in this coversation does not study history, or would've realized, for the more primitive level of scientific understanding man was at back then, they could not have comprehended such info. Why? A Scripture in God's word, written as a description of the vision of christ returning with his "Bride" back to Earth, declares it as- returning with "ten thousands"- (plural) of His Saints. Thats because the people of that time, had no conception of numbers higher than "thousands", like millions, billions, etc. so described as "ten thousands"- plural, to show a number muc higher than 10,000. God Bless!!

Boston

Oct 18, 2009
leonardomartins;73474]Hello. I said:
Since Adam and Eve are mythological figures' date=' why did Jesus came to save us from Original Sin? Shouldn't Original Sin be also mythological?[/QUOTE']Hmm, you'll have to adjust your question, Adam and Eve weren't mythological figures.
Why did God created dinosaurs and let them die instead of, creating us first?
Actually, there not all dead.
Why did God created so many superfluous planets? We just need two or three. Why billions of them?
God is a God of creation, and the creation shows His glory. Enjoy it.
Why didn't God told Jesus to tell us information like Heliocentrism instead of letting us defend Geocentric?
Does it really matter?Sounds to me like his mind is made up and he is looking for reasons not to believe.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Elaine;73521][B]"Do God knows the future?"[/B]Yes God knows the future. [B]"What is the criteria that God uses when deciding if a miracle should happen?"[/B]i believe that if a miracle serves His purpose then a miracle will happen. If a miracle does not serve His purpose then a miracle will not happen.---Adstar...............................................................................................[B][COLOR=green]I agree said:
Does God know the future?[/I][/COLOR][/B]Not only that, but Time is a creation belonging to the 3rd Dimension.
Well i believe universal time is a part of what He created. God is not subject to the confines of His creation and universal time is part of that creation.You use the word 3rd demension. If there is a 3rd demension then by definition it would be part of this universe and therefore part of His creation. I guess there is no descriptive word to describe Gods area of existance.
Ahh, miracles, indeed - who knows exactly ---BUT,' It is impossible to please God without faith' -God doesn't respond to tears and fears and begging...ahh, but Faith He responds to. He is a Lover and a Father and a Friend and a Provider and a Sustainer and a Rewarder, etc, Would He give a stone when you ask for bread?I have never had a prayer not answered. Miracles? I've been healed (July 2, 2009) from a terrible, painful, worsening, expensive physical problem. Did it serve His purpose ---He answered a faithful prayer in His Son's Name ---pure and simple as instructed and explained in the New Testament by His Son. :)Elaine
And it served the purpose of God to respond to your prayer in the way He did. :)All Praise The Ancient Of Days

E

Elaine

HI Adstar,I've never heard that term "universal time". Yes, the 3rd dimension is, of course, a part of God's creation - but as a tractor trailer would not be part of the spirit world my "belief" would be time as we know it ---the earth revolving around the Sun, etc, would not be the "same" in the spirit world as here. ( As there would be no need for clocks or food :)"no descriptive words to describe God's area of existence" Now that is worthy of a new thread ---can you you imagine the poetry to describe where God is -or isn't ----Ha! Try that one -describe where He isn't!! In some Eastern ancient scriptures it says this world is sustained by a fraction of God's Being. Well, I guess SO! ---Imagine the billions of Galaxies out there, whew.Nice talkin' to ya,Elaine

Christian Commando

Nov 8, 2007
Adstar- There is no "3rd Dimension" as you described it. Why? Because God declares, in relation of the spiritual to the physical time spans- 1 day to God, is as 1,000 years to man. thats all there is to it. There is no further "creation" going on since man was created by God. God created all things by "progression" at the beginning, not evolution, reincarnation, etc. What you are expressing is a philosophical conception, of which I discount, because its based on "guesses" not facts. Philosophers live in a world of imagination and dreams, its not true reality, because they try to distort what is real, into imagined dream like viewing and beliefs. God declares theres a time and purpose for all things on this earth. therefore, for philosophy as well. but definitely not for distorting facts. There is no "universal time" in this world, the spiritual or between them. And since God created the Heaven first, physical second, the physical exists in the same space and time of Heaven, even tho by "time" moving along at a different rate of speed. Why? God speaks of how when Christ descended into Hell, it was into the "bowels of the earth." thats just one example. so, this "philosophical" view point is mute when compared to God's literal Word explaining things literally, not philosophically. God Bless!!

Sir Knight

Jan 3, 2008
  • leonardomartins;73474]Since Adam and Eve are mythological figures said:
    Hmm' date=' you'll have to adjust your question, Adam and Eve weren't mythological figures.[/QUOTE']
leonardomartins;73474]Since Adam and Eve are mythological figures said:
Even if they were mythological figures (and I am not saying that they were, but even if they were), the bible story is there to teach a lesson and that lesson is that mankind turned away from God -- Original Sin!

Sir Knight

Jan 3, 2008
Elaine;73521][B][COLOR=green]I agree said:
Does God know the future?[/I][/COLOR][/B]Not only that, but Time is a creation belonging to the 3rd Dimension.
Let's clear something up. Space is three dimensional -- length, height & depth ... that is three dimensions. Time is the 4th dimension. God exists outside of those four dimensions.For God, there is no yesterday or tomorrow. Everything is right now -- this very moment. The best way to understand it is to view a children's soccer game from the sidelines. Looking at the field, you can focus you attention on only one goalie or the other goalie and the front defense of one team or the back defense of another team or left offense of one team or the right offense of the other team or you can look at the entire field. That is how God sees all of time. Looking over here, He sees Moses leading the people out of Egypt. Looking over there, He sees man taking there first step on the moon. Looking over there, He sees His Son dying on the cross for our sins.Hope that helps.

E

Elaine

Sir Knight, Excellent!!! 2 posts ---and I thought you were going to say -that God is like watching the soccer game overhead from a helicopter --He can see the whole deal!All at once - thus, time -past or present is all the same to Him. I do find all too often people only see events from a limited perspective ---not trying to see things as the Creator might be viewing the scene. I'm not speaking of anyone here - just since my 20's -example, an old, rich artist lady in KeyWest presented to me that God was so unfair, so maybe there wasn't even a God because of some "terrible" thing that happened to a young girl or something. (She thought she was being so deep.) I was ony 19, but I thought ---"What? She's like 85 and she doesn't 'get' that there are deeper more profound reasons for these events? Why would she blame God for things set up for reasons we don't know?" Then I felt at 19 -I was glad to be me, I remember -bec I didn't blame God and knew that I know very, very little about the ways of the Lord -but I trusted He knew better than me ---bec He was in the helicopter looking down and orchestrating everything! I was a young little hippie girl ---but I trusted the Lord even back then. I do think wisdom begins in knowing how little we understand, imo. :)