Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One thing leads to another.
The next thing you know your whole life is negative and no one wants to talk to you.
The opposite is also true. One thing leads to another. If you compromise in one place in order to be a people pleaser, then you will compromise in many other areas and be very popular. I choose to please my Heavenly Father rather than man.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I was and still am a "John Smith". As a "John Smith" I used "Jesus" for the first 32 years of my life until I was shown how that name is not even close to his true name.
You believe what everyone tells you.
They told you how to say his name in Hebrew, then they told you the evils of calling him Jesus.
Am I correct so far?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"Iesus" is the supposed English name used in the 1611 KJV. That was later changed to "Jesus" when the letter "J" was invented.'
Not I or anyone of us knows about that. You can tell us anything you like and how do you expect us to believe one word you say?
I did not know that either until I read it somewhere. Then I went out and bought a 1611 KJV to verify that information. I found it to be true. I was then compelled to act. Either I continue in such folly by using "Jesus" or I seek in prayer and study to find out his true name and walk in it.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite is also true. One thing leads to another. If you compromise in one place in order to be a people pleaser, then you will compromise in many other areas and be very popular. I choose to please my Heavenly Father rather than man.
And where in Scripture does it say that your heavenly Father will be more pleased with you if you call him J'shua instead of Jesus?
Scripture please.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You believe what everyone tells you.
They told you how to say his name in Hebrew, then they told you the evils of calling him Jesus.
Am I correct so far?
Partially. They told me how the name "Jesus" came about, but they taught me a name other than "Yeshua". As a good Berean, I am taught to hear the message, but then study Scripture to see if it is true. I don't base my beliefs on others.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Back in 2001 HE wrote His name on a blackboard for me in a vision after showing me something, He spelt His name Jehsua, so I had to check to see if it was so, but I still call Him Jesus, friend, still call God, God, dad, father, and the fact is they really dont care, they know who we are talking to, but religion, ahhhgggg

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Back in 2001 HE wrote His name on a blackboard for me in a vision after showing me something, He spelt His name Jehsua, so I had to check to see if it was so, but I still call Him Jesus, friend, still call God, God, dad, father, and the fact is they really dont care, they know who we are talking to, but religion, ahhhgggg
Did you mean to write "Jehsua" or did you accidentally reverse the "sh" (Jeshua)?

You are among those who purposely perpetuate error and I am among those who correct errors so they do not continue to corrupt the Body of Messiah.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jeshua, still with the J, still He is Jesus friend to me and He doesnt care less.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sabbath rest which forbids us to do physical work.
I don't celebrate His birth nor His death, just His life, which is ongoing....may I remind you that Jesus corrected them about the Sabbath, saying :" The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." You understand this, right ? Also, there is nothing a man can do in the flesh, which can avail anything....Only Love from a pure heart....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
assumptions/accusations about me or Sabbath keepers in general
As I wrote to you already....You keeping the day to honor God is a lovely thing...I don't assume anything about you, I do not know you....what I find difficult to comprehend however, is why you would demand that other believers MUST do thing the way you do....I remind you that God sees the heart of a man, not a mans own works....Jesus asked of us to Love as He Loves and that seems to be the one thing which is most difficult to find among those calling themselves Christians...If we choose to call ourselves that, ought we not be representing Him as He is, as Love, as He asked ? Instead of trying to put rules and regulations on every believer, contrary to even what the Bible itself says.....How many, even on this forum, can you say show themselves to be loving Christians, acting as Jesus would ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Attack is 'of God' also. Swords are for attacking.
From Ephesians 6: 17. "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;.."
He once reminded me, that we are asked to 'resist the enemy and he will flee from you'....Doesn't say, to attack, and honestly, we would just wear ourselves out, shadow boxing, if we were to run around trying to 'attack' our enemy all the time...We are called to Love one another, and believe me, that is hard enough..:)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I did not know that either until I read it somewhere. Then I went out and bought a 1611 KJV to verify that information. I found it to be true. I was then compelled to act. Either I continue in such folly by using "Jesus" or I seek in prayer and study to find out his true name and walk in it.

Whether spelled with an I or with a J, Jesus is his Name, the Name that compels those whom He sought and found to act and continue in prayer and study and walk in His True Name.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
John 4:23-24. "J'shua" is wrong as well.

Come on now, this is getting absolutely ridiculous and hypocritical. Often one sees in your kind of literature the 'name' of the Almighty G-O-D, written, 'G-d'! Is that right as well?!

If it may mean anything to you, when I was in the prime of life my best spiritual friend in God's Truth, gave me a book to read which taught this 'name-of-G-d' doctrine, and for a year or so I was almost completely convinced. But I found it was impossible for me to spontaneously and naturally talk or write or pray or sing or even THINK about God or Christ. And thank God JESUS CHRIST LORD GOD MY SAVIOUR SAVED ME FROM THE PESTILENCE! Nearly a bigger part of the prime of life for me went WASTE, were it not for God's grace. Thank you my Jesus, you saved my life, my very world of human and divine relationships, in all, even my saneness!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

'but religion, ahhhgggg'?!
'HE wrote His name on a blackboard for me in a vision after showing me something'... that now, is 'religion' par excellence!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't celebrate His birth nor His death, just His life, which is ongoing....may I remind you that Jesus corrected them about the Sabbath, saying :" The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." You understand this, right ? Also, there is nothing a man can do in the flesh, which can avail anything....Only Love from a pure heart....

Are you claiming the only thing 'a man can do in the flesh, which can avail something', is, 'Love from a pure heart'... 'Love'... from a 'pure' heart?!
O God, help us!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
a man can do in the flesh, which can avail something', is, 'Love from a pure heart'.
No, we cannot do anything in nor of the flesh to avail anything.......But by living with and through and giving the Love which Jesus loved us with, that can avail much..