Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

because

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

and

om 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

which again is where we are supposed to be.

Yes you may well keep the Law, all good, but dont expect any browny points, God doesnt work that way, and dont go laying that stumbling block before others.

God bless
I already addressed your misinterpretation of these passages. I will not hop on your merry-go-round.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If I am wrong please correct me! according to Scripture, There is no other Name under Heaven by which people should be Saved. Therefore go and Preach the Gospel, and Baptizing in the Name Of? These two scriptures bare wittiness to each other!!! No man or woman can be saved least they cry out to ? And no man or woman can be a part of the Body, if not Baptized in His Name? now if you look up the name Joshua, in the Strongs, you will find several names that are assigned to the Name Joshua, including Jesus, but I think if one was to research, you would find that Our Savior's Birth Name in His Original Language would be the Same as Joshua, with one exception, Hebrew has no J sound in their Language, neither do those in Europe, they have a YA sound for the Letter J, so it is a fact that our Savior's Name at Birth was Yashuha!!!!

I know this is not part of the OP, sorry
The correct pronunciation of "Yeshua" is "Yay-shua", not "Yeh-shua". The Greek writes his name as "Iesous" which transliterates as "Yaysous". The point is, the Greek attempted to correctly transliterate the name and got the first syllable correct, but could not get the second syllable correct because they don't have an "sh" sound in Greek. If you will notice, Strong's says "Joshua" means "Jehovah-saved" (more correctly, "Yahweh-saved"). The "Jo" in "Joshua" would be "Yah" in Hebrew. However, based on Matthew 1:21, our Savior's name does not mean "Yahweh will save", but "he will save" ("he" referring to the Son, not Yahweh). Strong's also says that the name "Jeshua" (more correctly "Yeshua) means "he will save". So based on Matthew 1:21 and how the Greek transliterates the Savior's name, I believe "Yeshua" is correct as opposed to "Yashua". BTW, did you mean to write "Yashua" rather than "Yashuha"?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’ve laid out two more Bomb Shells which gadar perets ignored and never responded which I copied and pasted here…

gadar perets said:

Correct. It is not addressing work which is obviously forbidden. It is addressing the deeper spiritual ways to keep the 7th day Sabbath holy.

Great! Now you are touching upon the very crux of the whole matter. Is there a spiritual significance in the stoning of the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath day in Numbers 15? If so, what were they?
An oversight.

The spiritual significance is that YHWH has made the 7th day holy and we are to treat it as such by not polluting it with forbidden work such as gathering sticks (with the most likely intent to kindle a fire on the Sabbath).

And, is there a spiritual significance in the “rest” the believers have in Jesus? If so, what are they?
The rest we have in Yeshua is not a physical rest from doing hard work all week, but a rest from carrying the burden of our sins and from seeking to be justified by our works.

B

brakelite

Whats the problem, nothing I have spoken is out of context,
Correct. Nothing you wrote was out of context. But you didn't answer my question. Let me put it another way.
God pronounced the Sabbath holy. Is the voice in your head sufficient do you think to annul God's word? Because that is what you are implying.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The correct pronunciation of "Yeshua" is "Yay-shua", not "Yeh-shua". The Greek writes his name as "Iesous" which transliterates as "Yaysous". The point is, the Greek attempted to correctly transliterate the name and got the first syllable correct, but could not get the second syllable correct because they don't have an "sh" sound in Greek. If you will notice, Strong's says "Joshua" means "Jehovah-saved" (more correctly, "Yahweh-saved"). The "Jo" in "Joshua" would be "Yah" in Hebrew. However, based on Matthew 1:21, our Savior's name does not mean "Yahweh will save", but "he will save" ("he" referring to the Son, not Yahweh). Strong's also says that the name "Jeshua" (more correctly "Yeshua) means "he will save". So based on Matthew 1:21 and how the Greek transliterates the Savior's name, I believe "Yeshua" is correct as opposed to "Yashua". BTW, did you mean to write "Yashua" rather than "Yashuha"?
i've been struck by how aptly Jesus' name back then compares to our "John Doe" now. And when you consider the likelihood of Nazareth as a town in 1st century AD, you might even find "John Doe, from Nowhere."

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In my simple way I was just trying to get the annunciation in a better perspective, the sound for J was imo an added letter to make the sound YA or YE, not a JA as we use in English today! and yes I misspelled the Name, I sometimes get ahead of my fingers, LOL. Yeshua, His name shall be called Yeshua, for He will Save His People. Jesus has no meaning in Hebrew. I am sure you already know this!!
Thank's for your response!

Reactions: gadar perets

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will notice, Strong's says "Joshua" means "Jehovah-saved" (more correctly, "Yahweh-saved"). The "Jo" in "Joshua" would be "Yah" in Hebrew. However, based on Matthew 1:21, our Savior's name does not mean "Yahweh will save", but "he will save" ("he" referring to the Son, not Yahweh). Strong's also says that the name "Jeshua" (more correctly "Yeshua) means "he will save". So based on Matthew 1:21 and how the Greek transliterates the Savior's name, I believe "Yeshua" is correct as opposed to "Yashua". BTW, did you mean to write "Yashua" rather than "Yashuha"?

As I've always maintained, people just don't know how to connect the dots, that is, how to compare scripture with scripture! So they even squabble about names as in this case. You claim to be a Berean but for some reason, it does not show.

It is true that in Strong's Concordance the name "Joshua" means "Jehovah-saved" but rightly so is the term "Yahweh saves" that is "God saves."

But "Yahweh" is NOT the name of God it is a title for Deity. God's name is "Jehovah" (Ex 6:3).

We know Jesus came as the Savior of the world (John 3:17), therefore this verse makes Jesus the God of the Bible (not as you insinuate Him as not God as per Matt 1:21) because Jesus is God according to Isaiah 43:11:

"I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no Savior."

If Jesus came as the Savior then He is Jehovah God!

To God Be The Glory

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God pronounced the Sabbath holy. Is the voice in your head sufficient do you think to annul God's word? Because that is what you are implying.
Never annuled anything lets put it right,

Exo_31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Are you a Jew, the covenant was never made with you, you know this part

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Whats that Law, thou shalt not commit adultry, yet here you are , supposed to be teh "bride of Christ", sleeping with another womans husband, The law and Gods covenant with the israelites. Like I said. lawyers always breaking teh law.

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But "Yahweh" is NOT the name of God it is a title for Deity. God's name is "Jehovah" (Ex 6:3).
:eek: :eek: :eek: o_O

And you criticize me for not appearing to be a Berean?????

"Jehovah" is an IMPOSSIBILITY as God's name. The Hebrew alphabet does not have a letter "J" or a "J" sound. "Jehovah" is a false translation of "YHWH" (the Tetragrammaton). As for Exodus 6:3, several versions have corrected the KJV nonsensical word;

Exo 6:3 I appeared, therefore, unto Abraham unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as GOD Almighty,—although, by my name Yahweh was I not made known to them; Rotherham Bible

Exo 6:3 To Abraham, Isaac and Jacob I appeared as El Shaddai, but I did not make my name Yahweh known to them. Jerusalem Bible
Perhaps you are also unaware of Isaiah 42:8;

Isa 42:8 I, am Yahweh, that, is my Name, And, my glory, to another, will I not give, Nor my praise to images.

Isa 42:8 I am Yahweh, that is my name! I shall not yield my glory to another, nor my honour to idols.​

We know Jesus came as the Savior of the world (John 3:17), therefore this verse makes Jesus the God of the Bible (not as you insinuate Him as not God as per Matt 1:21) because Jesus is God according to Isaiah 43:11:

"I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no Savior."

If Jesus came as the Savior then He is Jehovah God!
I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or if I should rebuke you. I'll do neither. I'll just correct you.

So, in other words, you are saying "Jesus" is "Jehovah" (or more correctly, "Yeshua" is "YHWH")?

If so, then please explain the following verse;

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD (Hebrew - YHWH or your erroneous "Jehovah") hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. KJV
This verse declares the Father of "Jesus" to be "YHWH/Jehovah". Are you saying Jesus is his own Father and the Father is His own Son?????

As for Yeshua being our Savior, that is true. It is also true that His Father YHWH is our Savior. We have two Savior's. Isaiah 43:11 declares Yeshua's Father (YHWH) to be the only Savior at the time Isaiah wrote. Our Savior, Father YHWH, later sent His only begotten Son to be our Savior.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

B

brakelite

Never annuled anything lets put it right,

Exo_31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Are you a Jew, the covenant was never made with you, you know this part

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Whats that Law, thou shalt not commit adultry, yet here you are , supposed to be teh "bride of Christ", sleeping with another womans husband, The law and Gods covenant with the israelites. Like I said. lawyers always breaking teh law.

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
I am not talking about the law. I am talking about a DAY. That day was made holy, sanctificed, blessed, when? At creation! Now, my friend, where were the Jews at creation? Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man. Then one must assume that when it was made, it was made for man. For Adam. Only Adam? Hardly, he hadn't done any work whatsoever, yet the Sabbath was made for just him? Nah. And Eve. And their children. Not a Jew in sight for over 1000 years. ut all time.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not talking about the law. I am talking about a DAY. That day was made holy, sanctificed, blessed, when? At creation! Now, my friend, where were the Jews at creation? Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man. Then one must assume that when it was made, it was made for man. For Adam. Only Adam? Hardly, he hadn't done any work whatsoever, yet the Sabbath was made for just him? Nah. And Eve. And their children. Not a Jew in sight for over 1000 years. ut all time.
So why than are you not resting on it???? Every day is Holy to those who love God, everyday is special, because "God is with us". So have your one day, and like many Ill just keep them all to Him. Not because of browny points, none to be earned, not because "I have to", nor because it is a "demand" according to the religious, but simply because He , God that is, Like Jesus are my best friends and I would hate to have any day without them in it.

And as I have said before, dont go laying stumbling blocks before men, far to may are stumbling over JEsus as it is, without the law and its lawyers, and you should be well aware you cant just keep one but all of them, have fun.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is nothing wrong with keeping them all to Him as long as you do not pollute the one He declared holy.
But men do that is the sad thing, and Really God doesnt care anymore, but men make such a big deal out of it,

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

God bless

B

brakelite

Why do you keep shifting the goal posts? Are we not having a conversation here? You said the Sabbath was just for Jews. I replied
That day was made holy, sanctificed, blessed, when? At creation! Now, my friend, where were the Jews at creation? Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man.
And then you jump 110 meters away to this....

So why than are you not resting on it???? Every day is Holy to those who love God, everyday is special, because "God is with us". So have your one day, and like many Ill just keep them all to Him. Not because of browny points, none to be earned, not because "I have to", nor because it is a "demand" according to the religious, but simply because He , God that is, Like Jesus are my best friends and I would hate to have any day without them in it.

And as I have said before, dont go laying stumbling blocks before men, far to may are stumbling over JEsus as it is, without the law and its lawyers, and you should be well aware you cant just keep one but all of them, have fun.
Stop changing the subject! You're all over the place! Discuss one thing at a time, stick to the point. Was the Sabbath made for Jews only, or not? If so, then you may have a point. But I believe I have shown that it was made for everyone...including you. You need to answer that. Then we can discuss whether every day is as good as another. In the meantime, please, can we have a normal conversation without jumping all over the place?
And after that, we shall discuss whether it is appropriate (and perhaps even dangerous) for you to call a day that has been blessed and made holy by the Almighty, a stumbling block.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was the Sabbath made for Jews only,
Yep, cant you read.

Exo 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

and for us gentiles

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Unbelief gets so many into trouble. Why so angry, if you had the truth you would be free.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But men do that is the sad thing, and Really God doesnt care anymore, but men make such a big deal out of it,
First, you avoided answering my first question in post #572. I'll ask it again. Can you cite a verse that teaches that (that every day is holy)?

Second, if God no longer cares about the Sabbath Day being kept holy, then why did Yeshua warn his disciples (future New Covenant believers) to pray that they don't have to flee from Jerusalem on the Sabbath Day (Matthew 24:20)? Why will YHWH still mark time in the new heavens and new earth via Sabbaths and New Moons (Isaiah 66:22-23)?

Third, we make a big deal out of it because YHWH makes a big deal out of it. First, He sanctifies the 7th day at creation and then puts His blessing on only that one day. Then He uses the Sabbath to test Israel's obedience via the miracle of manna. Then He includes it in His moral law and writes them on tables of stone as a sign of their immutability. He even makes the Sabbath a sign so His people will know who sanctifies them. Then He brings an entire nation into captivity because they trampled on His land Sabbaths and weekly Sabbaths. Then He tells them He will write "Torah" (including the Sabbath) on the hearts of New Covenant believers and that He will put His Spirit within us to "cause" us to keep His laws. He tells us of a time in our future in which time will be marked by Sabbaths and New Moons. Then He has His Son Yeshua teach us it is good to do good on the Sabbath Days, that he is the Lord of that day, and then tells his disciples to pray to not have to flee on a future day that supposedly no longer exists. Then along comes deceived Christians who know not the Scriptures or the value of Torah, who twist Paul's writings and who abolish all holy days as well as the entire law.

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

God bless
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus (Joshua, not Jesus) had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest (sabbatismos) to the people of God.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest (it is not automatic upon receiving Yeshua, but takes work/labor to enter it), lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Such a rest will come in our future when we enter "the promised land" upon our resurrection.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ok, i'd be finding a way to do that before you die tho k
It says "labor to enter that rest," meaning it is possible today right
Understand I AM

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
ok, i'd be finding a way to do that before you die tho k
It says "labor to enter that rest," meaning it is possible today right
Understand I AM
The original account from which Hebrews 4:1-11 is taken is found in Numbers 14:22-24, 28-30, and Deuteronomy 1:30-40. In both passages it was the "land" (of Canaan) that was being withheld because of unbelief. The children of Israel were on their wilderness journey to the "promised land," which was a type of the "rest" to come. Joshua brought them into that land or the typical "rest" (Joshua 1:13-15; 21:44; 22:4), yet the Almighty again spoke through David concerning this greater rest. In Psalm 95:11, David uses the phrase "my rest" instead of "the land" as in the original promise. Why? Because "the land" was only a type of the future rest to come when true believers enter into the true promised land, the "heavenly country" that the patriarchs of old saw from afar (Heb 11:13-16).

We are currently on our wilderness journey as well. We are heading for the heavenly country promised us. Just as the Israelites continued keeping the Sabbath rest throughout their wilderness journey, so, too, must we continue to keep the Sabbath rest. In fact, the Israelites continued to keep the Sabbath even after entering the typical promised land of Canaan. We, too, will continue in the Sabbath rest as prophesied by Isaiah (66:22,23) even after the new heaven and new earth come.

If the common Christian view of Heb 4:10 is correct, that the Sabbath is abolished because we have entered the true rest, then, to be consistent, it must also be true that all work is abolished since we have ceased from our own works. In other words, if the physical rest is done away with, then the physical labor should also be done away with. However, since believers continue to do physical labors like farming, construction work, etc., they should also continue to rest from such labor as it is written. Additionally, the Sabbath rest is commanded for the sake of animals as well. Is it now permissible for farmers to work their animals seven days a week? Do animals somehow enter into the true rest as well?

Hebrews 4:11 talks about laboring to enter into that rest. It is not something we automatically receive upon accepting Yeshua as our Savior except by faith. That rest will become a reality upon our resurrection unto eternal life. That is why we see the saints of Revelation 14:12,13 laboring right up until death. It is only after death that the ultimate rest can literally begin. Note, also, that those saints "keep the commandments of God" (KJV), among which is the Sabbath.

We certainly can find rest for our souls in Messiah (Matthew 11:28,29), but he does not give our bodies rest, nor does he give animals rest. That kind of rest is only available through the Sabbath rest. Jeremiah 6:16 reads, "Thus saith YHWH, 'Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.' But they said, 'We will not walk therein.' " The "old paths" and the "good way" that provides a "rest for the soul" includes the keeping of YHWH's Sabbaths. Notice the similar wording found in Isaiah 58:12,13. The rest we have in Yeshua is only a foretaste of the rest to come at his second coming when we will be dwelling in the presence of the Father and the Son in the glorious "heavenly country".

Reactions: bbyrd009

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any time someone teaches what is correct over what is error is an act of love. If you would rather hang on to what is error, then you are not worshiping the Almighty in truth (John 4:23-24).

So let me ask you Rollo, if a new letter is invented in the English language tomorrow (for example, pretend the letter m was never invented until tomorrow) that changes the Savior's name from "Jesus" to "Mesus", would you begin calling your Savior Mesus? If so, then you are worse off than I thought. Yet, that is exactly what happened when the name went from "Iesus" to "Jesus" in English. I refuse to follow such folly. Therefore, the best course of action for me is to restore the Savior's name as best I can.
Then you need to take every "J" out of the Bible and give it a "Y" sound.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is because Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath is why believers that profane the sabbath day are guiltless because He dwells in them and that is how He is able to make them stand for He is greater than the Temple. This is why those O.T. saints had profaned the sabbath but were guiltless because they were in the Temple, and so Jesus said One greater than the Temple was here when the Jews were trying to find His disciples guilty on the sabbath day for picking ears of corn to get something to eat.

Matthew 12:1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Do sabbath day keepers get that?

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit now. That is why when you profane the sabbath day, you are guiltless.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Sabbath day keepers that continue to refuse to believe how Jesus Christ in them is why no one HAVE TO KEEP the sabbath day holy deny Him as being in them is able to make them stand justified apart from the Old Covenant's demand to keep the sabbath day holy to obtain righteousness by doing so.

Either you believe that Jesus Christ in you is able to make you stand so that you do not HAVE to keep the sabbath day holy in seeking to be justified, or you are dishonoring Him in you on that sabbath day when you seek to keep the sabbath day because you do not believe He in you is able make you stand without keeping the sabbath day.

Believers can honor Him on any day, including the sabbath day, but if you judge others by your keeping the sabbath day while they are not, then you are denying Him as able to make you and them stand apart from the law of keeping the sabbath day.

I agree that the law of keeping the sabbath day was not done away with, but in light of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ in us is WHY we are blameless for profaning the sabbath day for He alone is able to make us stand. I am not saying that I am not profaning the sabbath day, but I am saying because of Jesus Christ in me.... is why I am guiltless as per His words in Matthew 12:1-8. NUFF said.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi