Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the things mentioned in verse 16. They had been imposing their man-made commandments and traditions
. . . according to Gardar Perets . . .

But according to Paul, the '~things~' mentioned in verse 16 are

"...your eating and drinking of feast OF CHRIST the Substance ... the NOURISHMENT ministered" and "all the Body (of Christ’s Own 1:18)" his Church, "holding to the Head by joints and bands [of faith 2:12 Hosea 11:4; peace Ephesians 4:3; and charity Colossians 3:14], and knit together (in love 2:2), with the growth of God grows” of.

It is Gardar Perets who - in vain - tries to empower the culpable by imposing his self-made soulless commandments and traditions on them to keep the letter.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yeshua taught that it was lawful to heal people on the Sabbath contrary to the erroneous, legalistic Jewish belief that it was unlawful. This passage does not teach us the Sabbath is abolished, changed or fulfilled. It teaches us it is acceptable in YHWH's sight to heal on the Sabbath as per Yeshua's example. Again, health and life take precedence over the Sabbath.

Plucking the corn and eating it ... read Leviticus 23:16-20 and compare with Acts 2. Read the Shew-Bread offering David ate ON THE SABBATH and became the fore-shadow of his Seed and "the hope of the glory of his inheritance in the saints". "I shall give you the Sure Mercies of David."

Can I let pass opportunity to sing praises to his Name? God forbid were it on Gadar Perets' pages.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Matthew 12:11-12
He said to them, “Which one of you who has a sheep, if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not take hold of it and lift it out? Of how much more value is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”

A void blacker and emptier than Hasting's black holed sky. That poor man had a better faith than this.

But see Jesus Christ IN HIS OWN WORDS? The blind shall be blinder still!

No! Jesus can be a lamb, a sheep, but not an ox? Even less, a donkey!?

AND THE SABBATH THE DAY GOD WORKED TO THE UTTER LIMITS OF HIS MIGHTY POWER TO RAISE HIM FROM THE PIT AND REVIVE HIM WITH THE WATER OF LIFE?

That is blasphemy!
As usual, your post is so vague I have no idea what you are trying to say.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As usual, your post is so vague I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Your comment on Matthew 12:11-12 (- Luke 13:14; 14:5) concerned us and us being excused and made holy by what we cannot do and never would do on a (supposed to be) non-existent Sabbath, '~We can't do good on the Sabbath if it no longer exists.~'

Jesus' comment concerned God justified and righteous in and through what He in Christ had Power both to do and did do on the Sabbath Day.

My post vague? Jesus wasn't vague. He prophesied of his Resurrection on the Sabbath!

Again the sour irony, Sunday resurrection believers perceive this truth, while self-called '~Sabbath keepers~' cannot and refuse to. They '~have no idea~'.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Your comment on Matthew 12:11-12 (- Luke 13:14; 14:5) concerned us and us being excused and made holy by what we cannot do and never would do on a (supposed to be) non-existent Sabbath, '~We can't do good on the Sabbath if it no longer exists.~'

Jesus' comment concerned God justified and righteous in and through what He in Christ had Power both to do and did do on the Sabbath Day.

My post vague? Jesus wasn't vague. He prophesied of his Resurrection on the Sabbath!

Again the sour irony, Sunday resurrection believers perceive this truth, while self-called '~Sabbath keepers~' cannot and refuse to. They '~have no idea~'.
Don't you even read what I write?? Of course "Jesus" wasn't vague, but your replies sure are. Nancy quoted Matthew 12:11-12 implying there is no more Sabbath and that we are free to work on the 7th day now. I replied with, "We can't do good on the Sabbath if it no longer exists" which is perfectly true. If Yeshua is teaching us to do good on the Sabbath, then that means there is still a Sabbath to do good on. Yet, you have the audacity to call my reply "blasphemy"????

BTW, which verse has Yeshua prophesying that he would be resurrected on the Sabbath?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Don't you even read what I write?? Of course "Jesus" wasn't vague, but your replies sure are. Nancy quoted Matthew 12:11-12 implying there is no more Sabbath and that we are free to work on the 7th day now. I replied with, "We can't do good on the Sabbath if it no longer exists" which is perfectly true. If Yeshua is teaching us to do good on the Sabbath, then that means there is still a Sabbath to do good on. Yet, you have the audacity to call my reply "blasphemy"????

This makes clear you have no idea.

And nowhere in this 'reply' of yours have I called it blasphemy. Don't you even read what I write?

BTW, which verse has Yeshua prophesying that he would be resurrected on the Sabbath?

Don't you even read what I write? You don't even read what you write yourself!

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This makes clear you have no idea.

And nowhere in this 'reply' of yours have I called it blasphemy. Don't you even read what I write?

Matthew 12:11-12
He said to them, “Which one of you who has a sheep, if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not take hold of it and lift it out? Of how much more value is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”

A void blacker and emptier than Hasting's black holed sky. That poor man had a better faith than this.

But see Jesus Christ IN HIS OWN WORDS? The blind shall be blinder still!

No! Jesus can be a lamb, a sheep, but not an ox? Even less, a donkey!?

AND THE SABBATH THE DAY GOD WORKED TO THE UTTER LIMITS OF HIS MIGHTY POWER TO RAISE HIM FROM THE PIT AND REVIVE HIM WITH THE WATER OF LIFE?

That is blasphemy!
This is the post I was referring to. What is the blasphemy you are referring to?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How God "hallowed the Sabbath",
"Romans 1:4 by Jesus "Christ by Resurrection from the dead with Power according to the Spirit declared, His Holiness!"

Also Isaiah 57:15. By Jesus Christ "rested up again his Name being The Most Holy Place".
Also Hebrews 4:4. By God in Jesus Christ having "RESTED from all his Works on the Seventh Day".
Also in and according to "ALL the Scriptures concerning the Christ".

If not for the new creation in Jesus Christ having resurrected on the Sabbath, neither God nor his creation or People, has a Sabbath-Day-of-Rest.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is the post I was referring to. What is the blasphemy you are referring to?

These, my words, quoting myself, "THE SABBATH THE DAY GOD WORKED TO THE UTTER LIMITS OF HIS MIGHTY POWER TO RAISE HIM FROM THE PIT AND REVIVE HIM WITH THE WATER OF LIFE?
That is blasphemy!" I said, to all and anyone who denies and despises the Truth in what I wrote, the truth, "THE SABBATH THE DAY GOD WORKED TO THE UTTER LIMITS OF HIS MIGHTY POWER TO RAISE CHRIST FROM THE PIT AND REVIVE HIM WITH THE WATER OF LIFE".

Understand? Can you read?

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
These, my words, quoting myself, "THE SABBATH THE DAY GOD WORKED TO THE UTTER LIMITS OF HIS MIGHTY POWER TO RAISE HIM FROM THE PIT AND REVIVE HIM WITH THE WATER OF LIFE?
That is blasphemy!" I said, to all and anyone who denies and despise the Truth in what I wrote, the truth, "THE SABBATH THE DAY GOD WORKED TO THE UTTER LIMITS OF HIS MIGHTY POWER TO RAISE CHRIST FROM THE PIT AND REVIVE HIM WITH THE WATER OF LIFE".

Understand? Can you read?
I doubt there is even one person on this thread that understood that. Had you said, "THE SABBATH THE DAY GOD WORKED TO THE UTTER LIMITS OF HIS MIGHTY POWER TO RAISE HIM FROM THE PIT AND REVIVE HIM WITH THE WATER OF LIFE?
It is blasphemy to deny that!", then you would have made perfect sense. The way you worded it is that you were saying your words were blasphemy. I encourage and admonish you to be expound more so that others can understand you. Is English you first language? That is a serious question.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
doubt there is even one person on this thread that understood that. Had you said, "THE SABBATH THE DAY GOD WORKED TO THE UTTER LIMITS OF HIS MIGHTY POWER TO RAISE HIM FROM THE PIT AND REVIVE HIM WITH THE WATER OF LIFE?
It is blasphemy to deny that!", then you would have made perfect sense. The way you worded it is that you were saying your words were blasphemy. I encourage and admonish you to be expound more so that others can understand you. Is English you first language? That is a serious question.

So what if English is not my first Language? It is not in fact; NEVER, will be! Thank God

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
GerhardEbersoehn said:
If not for the new creation in Jesus Christ having resurrected on the Sabbath, neither God nor his creation or People, has a Sabbath-Day-of-Rest.

The old creation began on the first day of the week. So, too, the new creation. There was to be no creating on the Sabbath, just resting from creating on the other six days.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The old creation began on the first day of the week. So, too, the new creation. There was to be no creating on the Sabbath, just resting from creating on the other six days.

God began THIS present creation, "and it was ... the First Day"; and FINISHED this present creation, "and it was ... the Sixth Day". Genesis 1 to 2:1 as summarised in Genesis 2:4-25.
Then man messed up. Genesis 3:1-7.
Next day "in the evening cool of the day" beginning, Genesis 3:8, God began with the work of his Salvation Rest "on the Seventh Day", Genesis 2:2-3, until (like Christ was brought out to be crucified at the break of day), God sent the man out to suffer dying the death because of his sins. Genesis 3:8-24.
Man had lost Paradise, he never spent one Day of God's Rest in the garden of Eden. But God in Christ began "working hitherto" (John 5:17) from the first Sabbath Night and Day He had "MADE for man" and his restoration-rest in Jesus Christ. Mark 2:27.
Jesus said, "I finished the work Thou gavest Me." John 17:4. "The work of Righteousness shall be Peace, and the effect of Righteousness quietness and assurance for ever." Isaiah 32:17. '~There was no creating~' on the Seventh Day, just the Rest, the ultimate of all the works of God-in-Christ, "having raised Him from the dead by the EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER ACCORDING TO THE WORKING OF HIS MIGHTY STRENGTH WHICH GOD WORKED AND FINISHED--WROUGHT--IN CHRIST WHEN HE RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD."

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Then man messed up. Genesis 3:1-7.
Next day "in the evening cool of the day" beginning, Genesis 3:8, God began with the work of his Salvation Rest "on the Seventh Day", Genesis 2:2-3, until (like Christ was brought out to be crucified at the break of day), God sent the man out to suffer dying the death because of his sins. Genesis 3:8-24.
We are not told which day Genesis 3:1-24 took place. Therefore, your post is based on assumption.

Man had lost Paradise, he never spent one Day of God's Rest in the garden of Eden.
Which verse teaches this?