Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We are not told which day Genesis 3:1-24 took place. Therefore, your post is based on assumption.

We are told the full creation story of every which day in the three first chapters of God's Written Word and exactly on which days in the beginning Genesis 3:1-24, the very summary and gist of Genesis chapter 1 to 2:1, took place. It took place on the days there described it happened on in chapter 1. There cannot be any question about it, it is so direct and simple. Therefore, you, are the one ASSUMING impossible lacking and therefore meaningless and valueless things.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We are told the full creation story of every which day in the three first chapters of God's Written Word and exactly on which days in the beginning Genesis 3:1-24, the very summary and gist of Genesis chapter 1 to 2:1, took place. It took place on the days there described it happened on in chapter 1. There cannot be any question about it, it is so direct and simple. Therefore, you, are the one ASSUMING impossible lacking and therefore meaningless and valueless things.
Of course we are told what happened on each day in Genesis 1. We are not told on which day the fall occurred. If so, state the exact verse.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Of course we are told what happened on each day in Genesis 1. We are not told on which day the fall occurred. If so, state the exact verse.

Now what are you saying happened? '~we are told what happened on each day in Genesis 1~", but not in Genesis 2 and 3?

On which day of the creation week happened what is written in Genesis 2:7? Not on the same day as in Genesis 1:27,28,31, the Sixth Day?
On which day of the creation week happened what is written in Genesis 2:15-17? Not on the same day as in Genesis 1:29,31, the Sixth Day?
On which day of the creation week happened what is written in Genesis 2:18,19b-22? Not on the same day as in Genesis 1:27,28, the Sixth Day?

Then on which day of the creation week happened what happened in Genesis 3:1-7? The same Sixth Day as in Genesis 1 and 2, viz., on the Sixth Day!

Then, which day simultaneously, uninterrupted and immediately, followed (after) the Sixth Day "in / with the evening cool of day", twilight or dusk after sunset? Not the Seventh Day?

Like the Sixth Day and every day before it, the Seventh Day God's Sabbath Day began with, and when, "it was evening" its night. But you say, No! not the Seventh Day?

Not the Seventh Day because it is not stated it was the Seventh Day?
Because '~we are not told~' which day (of the week) '~the fall occurred~' in Genesis 3:1-7?

And therefore we do not know which day, the Sabbath or not, followed in 3:8?

But we were able to know it was the Sixth Day where not in writing stated it was the Sixth Day? Ag please . . .

The first three chapters of the Book of BEGINNINGS, is about the Beginnings of the days of the seven days week specifically. They record no other history of no other day or days. Like the Sixth Day ended with the fall of man, the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD began with his Redemption of man.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
More assumptions. Neither verse mentions the 7th Day.

Refer my post before. No verses mention the Sixth Day where fact of events shows it was the Sixth Day. Just so the fact of God's deeds of Salvation-Rest IN CHRIST, shows and proves it was "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath : OF THE LORD, YOUR, FALLEN MAN'S, REDEEMING GOD."

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Now what are you saying happened? '~we are told what happened on each day in Genesis 1~", but not in Genesis 2 and 3?

On which day of the creation week happened what is written in Genesis 2:7? Not on the same day as in Genesis 1:27,28,31, the Sixth Day?
On which day of the creation week happened what is written in Genesis 2:15-17? Not on the same day as in Genesis 1:29,31, the Sixth Day?
On which day of the creation week happened what is written in Genesis 2:18,19b-22? Not on the same day as in Genesis 1:27,28, the Sixth Day?
If you would have read my post carefully, you would know I said we don't know what "day the fall occurred" in chapter 3. It is obvious that events of chapter 2 that reference man occurred on the 6th day based on chapter 1.

Then on which day of the creation week happened what happened in Genesis 3:1-7? The same Sixth Day as in Genesis 1 and 2, viz., on the Sixth Day!
PURE ASSUMPTION! The 6th day ended at the end of chapter 1. Then the 7th day began. Chapter 2:7 on recount some of chapter 1. Chapter 3:1-7 brings up an entirely new scene which does NOT include a time element as much as you try to force your view into it.

Then, which day simultaneously, uninterrupted and immediately, followed (after) the Sixth Day "in / with the evening cool of day", twilight or dusk after sunset? Not the Seventh Day?

Like the Sixth Day and every day before it, the Seventh Day God's Sabbath Day began with, and when, "it was evening" its night. But you say, No! not the Seventh Day?

Not the Seventh Day because it is not stated it was the Seventh Day?
Because '~we are not told~' which day (of the week) '~the fall occurred~' in Genesis 3:1-7?
Genesis 3:8 does not say anything about it being evening or after sunset. Nor does the Hebrew say, "the cool of the day", but "the ruach/wind of the day". It does not say, "the cool of the night", but of the "day" (prior to sunset).

And therefore we do not know which day, the Sabbath or not, followed in 3:8?

But we were able to know it was the Sixth Day where not in writing stated it was the Sixth Day? Ag please . . .
The first three chapters of the Book of BEGINNINGS, is about the Beginnings of the days of the seven days week specifically. They record no other history of no other day or days. Like the Sixth Day ended with the fall of man, the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD began with his Redemption of man.
The beginning of chapter 4 jumps ahead at least nine months. Chapter 3 could have been days, weeks after the first week of creation.
Since you believe Genesis 3:8-24 took place on the Seventh Day Sabbath, please explain Genesis 3:7 & Genesis 3:21. Did Adam and Eve not know that work was forbidden? Was it not work for YHWH to make clothes for them?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Refer my post before. No verses mention the Sixth Day where fact of events shows it was the Sixth Day. Just so the fact of God's deeds of Salvation-Rest IN CHRIST, shows and proves it was "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath : OF THE LORD, YOUR, FALLEN MAN'S, REDEEMING GOD."
Refer my post before. YHWH does not work on the Seventh Day Sabbath.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Refer my post before. YHWH does not work on the Seventh Day Sabbath.

According to the Law man MUST 'rest' on the Sabbath; therefore 'rest' is man's work, his duty, to DO on the Sabbath. Right?
Now it is so, that haughty Sabbath-keeping man is first to show off with his mighty Sabbath Day's laborious 'rest' task, self-satisfyingly accomplished.... but last to, even more arrogantly, deny God his Almighty Work-of-Rest by the All-Exceeding Greatness of his Power and Will and DEED IN CHRIST JESUS on the Sabbath Day, HE -- after all -- IS LORD OF, TO SAVE TO THE UTTERMOST!

The audacity of puny man to prescribe to God what He must not do, not, WORK, on HIS Holy Day HE had "made" for his own Eternal Purpose in Jesus Christ, to "WORK HITHERTO ON THE SABBATH", namely, the Salvation of us, the scouring of the earth. Who judges God, claiming against Him that unless He does NOTHING on the Sabbath, He is a transgressor and breaker of the Sabbath Commandment? The Jewish priests were a nice one in pride and vanity. . .

"The Day The Seventh Day Sabbath-of-the-LORD GOD", was MIGHTILY FINISHED AND PERFECTED, that is, "was MADE", "WORKED", BY THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST FROM THE DEAD BY GOD!

EVERYTHING you, Gardar Perets, here advertise, proves you a Seventh day Adventist, I don't care how you deny it!

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
According to the Law man MUST 'rest' on the Sabbath; therefore 'rest' is man's work, his duty, to DO on the Sabbath. Right?
Now it is so, that haughty Sabbath-keeping man is first to show off with his mighty Sabbath Day's laborious 'rest' task, self-satisfyingly accomplished.... but last to, even more arrogantly, deny God his Almighty Work-of-Rest by the All-Exceeding Greatness of his Power and Will and DEED IN CHRIST JESUS on the Sabbath Day, HE -- after all -- IS LORD OF, TO SAVE TO THE UTTERMOST!
If you are going to say making clothes for Adam and Eve was a work of salvation and therefore permissible, then YHWH could have made light, water, the sun and moon, and life on the Sabbath Day as well, but He didn't. They are all tied into salvation, but they are works done on the 6 working days.

EVERYTHING you, Gardar Perets, here advertise, proves you a Seventh day Adventist, I don't care how you deny it!
Guilt by association? A pitiful tactic and wrong. Look at yourself when you point the finger at others. It is you who are more like SDAs than me since you reject the holy Feast days just like they do. One finger pointing at me and three fingers pointing back at yourself.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If you are going to say making clothes for Adam and Eve was a work of salvation and therefore permissible, then YHWH could have made light, water, the sun and moon, and life on the Sabbath Day as well, but He didn't. They are all tied into salvation, but they are works done on the 6 working days.

Your only motive for placing this post is to provoke me to anger and do something I'll get banned for. Forget it!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Guilt by association? A pitiful tactic and wrong. Look at yourself when you point the finger at others. It is you who are more like SDAs than me since you reject the holy Feast days just like they do. One finger pointing at me and three fingers pointing back at yourself.

If it were but true, I would have rejoiced; but you know as well as I do the SDA believe what you call '~the holy Feast days~', only in another way than you do. What is more, you have in common the Roman Catholic abomination of desolation, the alleged Sunday Resurrection. You ADDED your own '~holy Feast days~', 'good Friday' and 'easter Sunday', the two biggest most blatant satanic lies from hell for the Doctrine of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
PURE ASSUMPTION! The 6th day ended at the end of chapter 1. Then the 7th day began. Chapter 2:7 on recount some of chapter 1. Chapter 3:1-7 brings up an entirely new scene which does NOT include a time element as much as you try to force your view into it.

God is trying me; his help in this He shall not withhold from me.

Gadar Perets is here the person who tries to force his view, to include an entirely out of context irrelevant surmised and speculative, untrue, FALSE '~time element~' IN PLACE OF THE RECORDED AND DEFINED SIXTH of the first seven days of God's Works on six of them, and of God's Work-of-Rest on the Seventh Day of them.

God who is no liar said, "Adam lodged NOT ONE NIGHT" in sinlessness in the peace and rest of God. IN TRUTH, "Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the works of thy hands : they shall perish, but Thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. ... How shall we escape if we neglect so great Salvation WHICH AT THE FIRST WAS BEGAN TO BE SPOKEN BY THE LORD."
How?
Thus:

"Although the works of God were ("in six days") finished from the foundation of the world, it is written, I have sworn in my wrath: They shall NOT enter into my Rest! For God once of the Seventh Day thus said, And God rested the Seventh Day from / because of / due to all his WORKS; in this / therewith, saying, They (the hard of heart fallen man and wife) shall not enter into My Rest!"

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would you like historical evidence that NT Christians celebrated the Sabbath on Sunday which backs up what scripture says?
This is correct. The Lord s Day (the first day of the week) is the Christian Sabbath.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If it were but true, I would have rejoiced; but you know as well as I do the SDA believe what you call '~the holy Feast days~', only in another way than you do. What is more, you have in common the Roman Catholic abomination of desolation, the alleged Sunday Resurrection. You ADDED your own '~holy Feast days~', 'good Friday' and 'easter Sunday', the two biggest most blatant satanic lies from hell for the Doctrine of Jesus Christ.
SDA do NOT keep the Feasts and neither do you.

I don't believe in "good Friday" or "Easter Sunday".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
SDA do NOT keep the Feasts and neither do you.

I don't believe in "good Friday" or "Easter Sunday".

Here you are writing in defence of 'good Friday' and 'Easter Sunday' and have been doing nothing than arguing for it ever since your first post. JUST LIKE the SDA do!

And the SDA with everything at their disposal but "the Scriptures concerning the Christ", JUST LIKE YOU obstinately with spent lives defend their fallacy which they observe, they, only, believing in a 'heavenly sanctuary' and 'heavenly day of atonement' and stuff, where you are still hooked on an earthly one, SLIGHTING the New Testament "Sabbath Day for the People of God to keep BECAUSE JESUS GAVE THEM REST". Hebrews 4:9.

But I BELIEVE while at the same being the sinner I am transgress the Sabbath THROUGH WHICH AND IN WHICH ALL the OT feasts, holy days and sabbaths and what have you are acknowledged having been fulfilled by Jesus Christ having RAISED FROM THE DEAD, i.a. those, now, DEAD feasts.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Here you are writing in defence of 'good Friday' and 'Easter Sunday' and have been doing nothing than arguing for it ever since your first post. JUST LIKE the SDA do!
I have done no such thing. You have something against SDAs based on your past experience with them and you project your disgust of them on me. Just because I believe Yeshua died on a Friday and resurrected on a Sunday does not mean I observe or defend "good Friday" or "Easter Sunday". The true anniversaries of Yeshua's death and resurrection do not ALWAYS fall on the Christian "good Friday" and "Easter Sunday". Those anniversaries can fall on days other than on a Friday or a Sunday. However, I believe they always fall on Abib 14 and Abib 16. In other words, Abib 14 and Abib 16 do not always fall on a Friday and Sunday. I believe they did fall on those days the year Yeshua died and resurrected.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have done no such thing.
... Just because I believe Yeshua died on a Friday and resurrected on a Sunday does not mean I observe or defend "good Friday" or "Easter Sunday".

You argue, defend, and therefore BELIEVE Jesus was Crucified and died and was buried on Friday, which means you are a 'good Friday' believer; you argue, defend, and therefore BELIEVE Jesus ROSE on Sunday, which means you are an 'easter Sunday' believer.

Last edited: