Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AlwaysOnAJourney, I would submit to you that the fact that you are down and obviously very worried about whether you are a Christian or not should actually be very encouraging to you. You are struggling with assurance of your faith, and because you are worried about it, that should actually be assurance that you do have it ~ saving faith, which itself is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8). So I say to you, rejoice! And praise the Lord! And pray to the Lord in the words of the father of the boy in Mark 9:24, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief."

My encouragement to you would be, don't have faith in your faith, because that's no faith at all. Have faith in God, Who gives faith, which, according to Hebrews 11:1, is God's assurance, and the conviction of the Holy Spirit, which cannot be assailed. It is His gift to and work in you, not a work of your own or your gift to Him. The gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable (Romans 11:29).

Grace and peace to you!

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
AlwaysOnAJourney, I would submit to you that the fact that you are down and obviously very worried about whether you are a Christian or not should actually be very encouraging to you. You are struggling with assurance of your faith, and because you are worried about it, that should actually be assurance that you do have it ~ saving faith, which itself is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8). So I say to you, rejoice! And praise the Lord! And pray to the Lord in the words of the father of the boy in Mark 9:24, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief."

My encouragement to you would be, don't have faith in your faith, because that's no faith at all. Have faith in God, Who gives faith, which, according to Hebrews 11:1, is God's assurance, and the conviction of the Holy Spirit, which cannot be assailed. It is His gift to and work in you, not a work of your own or your gift to Him. The gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable (Romans 11:29).

Grace and peace to you!
That was an Eagle-or hole in one.
Johann.

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! Hi @Nancy!
Blessings
Johann.
Hi Johann,
My screen saver shows some beautiful landscape, right now it is showing parts of Africa. Have you been to the Golden Gate National Park ever? It is so beautiful, truly shows God's handiwork!
Bless you brother Johann.

Reactions: Lambano

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hi Johann,
My screen saver shows some beautiful landscape, right now it is showing parts of Africa. Have you been to the Golden Gate National Park ever? It is so beautiful, truly shows God's handiwork!
Bless you brother Johann.
Have I ever been there! You want a wild life experience! Come visit Skukuza! Yay!!!

1687205719719.png

Why do you think I speak Zulu and Xhosa! Beautiful here @Nancy!
Lol!
Shalom to you and precious family sister!
Johann.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have I ever been there! You want a wild life experience! Come visit Skukuza! Yay!!!

View attachment 33764

Why do you think I speak Zulu and Xhosa! Beautiful here @Nancy!
Lol!
Shalom to you and precious family sister!
Johann.
Just so serene, and beautiful. I would love to come there one day, have to build up my savings as I REALLY want to sell my house this summer, God Willing!

Reactions: Lambano and Johann

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @AlwaysOnAJourney
Nice ro meet you.
I haven't been to a church in over 30 years.
But I have a church. A gathering of fellow believers right here in this forum.
It's not about where you are physically on this earth, but where your heart is spiritually.
It's not about where you go or what you say, it's about what you do, and being honest with yourself.
I got flaws. I'm imperfect. I make mistakes.
I know them, God knows them, I know he knows them, and he knows I know he knows.
So instead of thinking about how others see you, think about how you see yourself through God's eyes.
He knows we're not perfect, and is in the process of perfecting us by showing us what real love is.
But you have to start with you. You have to recognize and be willing to change impatience to patience, defeatism into victory.
The more gentler and kinder you become, the more the attacks get harder.
Oh, you must be self-righteous, better than thou. What are you a holy roller...etc..
Because when you shine it shows up their flaws and they don't like that. They have to face themselves and be willing to change.
You can't change them, only you can change you.
So be patient with yourself. Don't judge others that are judging you. You do you and let them do them.
Maybe at some point they will want to be the person they see in you.
The more you learn about Jesus and his personality the more you become like him.
True Christians walk the walk not just talk the talk, no matter where they go.

Have you seen The Chosen?

The world is full of Saducees and Pharisees and sinners of all kinds. They will ridicule you, make fun of you and judge you.
Be like Jesus. God created us to be in His image and Likeness.
Follow Me.

Hugs
and Welcome to the Family!
:D

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Just so serene, and beautiful. I would love to come there one day, have to build up my savings as I REALLY want to sell my house this summer, God Willing!
Do be careful-we are going through trying times here in SA-that's all I'm going to say dear sister.
Johann.

Reactions: Nancy

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I didn't forget :)
Something about Ginseng?
Hope this helps
My! You remembered!
An aside-I know what you are going through-and I admire you, since my son is severely handicapped-cerebral palsied and in need of constant care. But for us it is an act of love, not a burdensome "burden"
God bless you and precious family.
Johann.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something about Ginseng?
So, our Asian suppliers would bring in little gifts when they'd come to the states. One of the Korean vendors brought in little bottles of ginseng extract. They said it was "good for stamina" (wink wink, nudge nudge). My boss was a faithful Christian lady who you'd bet never had a dirty thought in her life, and the "wink wink, nudge nudge" went whoosh right past her. I was working a lot of overtime in those days, so she told them, "Oh, give it to Lambano; he could use some extra stamina." :rolleyes: Oh, good grief. At least my wife thought it was funny.

Ginseng extract has the color and consistency of used motor oil, but it doesn't taste as good.

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy and Ziggy

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So, our Asian suppliers would bring in little gifts when they'd come to the states. One of the Korean vendors brought in little bottles of ginseng extract. They said it was "good for stamina" (wink wink, nudge nudge). My boss was a faithful Christian lady who you'd bet never had a dirty thought in her life, and the "wink wink, nudge nudge" went whoosh right past her. I was working a lot of overtime in those days, so she told them, "Oh, give it to Lambano; he could use some extra stamina." :rolleyes: Oh, good grief. At least my wife thought it was funny.

Ginseng extract has the color and consistency of used motor oil, but it doesn't taste as good.
Lol! Now THIS is good!
Won't tell you what happened to ME!
Shalom
Johann.

Reactions: Nancy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want anyone putting down Adrian Rogers. I'm not, because I think the subject of lust is a difficult one. Just look at all the Christian books, videos, and sermons that have been written and produced about the subject! I think most of these people have good intentions. Although most say Masturbation is a sin, those same people are also married. Which makes me wonder if they are really qualified to say such a thing. They all admit that Masturbation isn't even listed in the Bible as a sin. But if you tie it to lust in Matthew 5:28, then poof it's a sin now. The argument goes like this. "You can't masturbate without thinking about a woman in the wrong way." I first started Masturbating when I was just 6 years old. I don't have a clue why I started back then. But it wasn't until the birds and bees were explained to me that the sexual connection between masturbation and women was established. There are a lot I could say about this, and maybe I will in the very near future.

I want to list some books that I personally have or had in my library, just to show that I've done research into this. And this doesn't even include all the Videos, and Internet articles I have read on the subject. But like my Dad once told me. "That is not going to help you, and so far He's been right."

They Shall Expel Demons (Unabridged) by Derek Prince, talks about Masturbation and Lust a lot.

Every Man's Battle by Steven Arterburn, talks about Masturbation and Lust a lot.

Go And Sin No More: A Call To Holiness by Michael L. Brown talks about Masturbation and Lust a lot.

Chasing Love: Sex, Love, and Relationships in a Confused Culture by Dr. Sean McDowell talks about Masturbation and Lust a lot.

The Great Sex Rescue: The Lies You've Been Taught and How to Recover What God Intended by Sheila Wray Gregoire Talks about how all these Christian books about lust and sex has got it wrong, and it's hurting married Christian women.

It seems like the line between liking women, and lusting after them is a very fine one. Before puberty I liked girls, but I didn't have the feelings that got after puberty. Back in 1999 I decided I needed to get help. I tried talking to my youth pastor about it, and received no help. Then I tried talking to the senior pastor, and again I got no help. I couple years later, that Church fell apart, and all the friends I made at that Church I lost. I've been basically friendless ever since.

I am very thankful for all your prayers. I'm glad that people are finally starting to realize that when I ask for prayer, it's because it's a deep issue.
You ever notice the bible don't talk much about poopin or peein either?
I mean there is something about cooking with human excrement and peein on a wall, but there are really no rules or laws concerning them.
Except maybe take a shovel or spade to keep the area clean.
There's a lot of umm personal things the bible don't really touch on, maybe because their personal and they don't affect other people.
The topic you touched on is a private thing between your conscience and God.
And I feel about this subject as I do about many, what you do in your bedroom is your business. Not your neighbor or the government, or even the church. Unless it harms another person.
There is a part Paul talks about the "gossip" of a man having his father's wife or some such....
Was Paul angry at the act itself or the "gossip" that infected the church?

1Co 5:1
It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

This "reporting commonly" sounds like people not minding their own business, frankly.
Whisperers, Gossipers.
The bible has something to say about these too:

Rom 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So while these people commonly reporting on others having fornication, they themselves are guilty of being gossipers and whisperers.

That's why I say, You do you and let God worry about them.
The bedroom regardless of what the situation is is between you, God, and if there is a partner involved.

A good lesson is when the woman caught in adultery was about to be stoned according to the law.
However, according to the law, both the woman and the man were to be stoned.
For some reason only the woman was accused.
My question would be, how many of those men that were going to stone her were guilty of the same thing?
Jesus wrote something in the sand with his finger and then said, He who is without sin cast the first stone and they ALL walked away.

Another is the parable about the log in your brother's eye.

So while these people are accusing other people of doing things wrong, they themselves are guilty of other offences which they feel are not worthy of punishment, in their eyes.

If it were a sin for the man to have his father's wife, then wouldn't it be equally sinful for a man to take his father's daughter, in the case of Abraham and Sarah?
And yet God blessed them.

The reason why there is so much division in the world today is mainly because of gossip. And it spreads like wildfire.
And then everyone is guilty.
Just like the bible says.

The only time someone should intervene is if another is being harmed and has no way to defend themselves.
Pray for the children.

Hugs
Just my 2 cents worth

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That's right ladies, this guy cries. :doldrums:
He never promised that the cross would not get heavy,
and the hill would not be hard to climb.
He never offered victories without fighting, but
He said help would always come in time.

Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision
and the adversary says give in, Just hold on.
Our Lord will show up,
and He will take you through the fire again.

So many times I question the certain circumstances,
things I could not understand.
Many times in trials my weakness blurs my vision,
that's when my frustration seems gets so out of hand.
It's then I am reminded, I've never been forsaken.
I've never had to stand one test alone.

That's when I look at all the victories, the Spirit rising up in me.
And It's through the fire my weakness is made strong.
He never offered victories without fighting, but

Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision,
Our Lord will show up,
I know within myself that I would surely perish.
If I trust the hand of God, He'll shield the flame again, again!

He never offered victories without fighting,
Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision,
Our Lord will show up,

Just hold on,
Our Lord will show up,
He will take you through the fire again.
Again.
Jason Crabb

My experience-and testimony, one of many.
Johann

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before I came to Christ 7 years ago I never cried at all. A cold heart I guess. But I've teared up a number of times since

Reactions: Lambano