Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I know the Christian version of the "Imposter Syndrome". All too well.

Your conversion story is simple and direct. And probably way more common than the "blinded-on-the-road-to-Damascus" stories.

I'm still learning that being a Christian isn't what I thought it was. I guess the only piece of advice I can give is to seek to understand and accept others (flawed as they may be), rather than seeking to be accepted and understood yourself. It won't help with the loneliness, or the feelings of not fitting in, but it'll cut down on the frustration with the human race.

And that doesn't mean accepting a status quo that you find intolerable either.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry if my conversion story isn't anything worth anything. I know that whatever theology you align yourself with will effect who you think is a true Christian and who isn't. All I got is simple short story. My Dad explained to me the gospel message about everyone being born sinners and that we need a savior Jesus Christ. Yeah I know that you can make it more complicated if you want. But I simply prayed a prayer asking Jesus into my life, and I know I was very serious about it. I still am very serious about it. In fact I don't think this would even bother me, if I wasn't serious about Jesus, and what that means for my faith. But I have been finding myself really really frustrated. I'm in the word as much as I can. I pray as much as I can. But as life continues to put pressure on me, I find that I'm getting frustrated with those that are in my life. They claim to be Christians but they ignore me. Treat me like I'm lesser then they are. Which is one of the main reasons why I don't attend Church anymore. It has literally gotten so bad that I have no place to belong. No fellowship with other believers because somehow I just don't fit. It's like a personality and maybe even a occupation problem. I know that I have talked about this before but tonight at work, it just started really weighing on me. And I don't have any outlet to let out the emotional pressure. I tried praying about it for the thousandth time. I just I don't know. I feel shot and dead.
So, what is a "Christian" and are any of the definitions men apply to that word without doubt the right ones that hold water with God? God knows! Does any man know? Yes, if God has revealed it to any man.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I ask for prayer instead of advice.

I pray to God that his spirit comes to you that transcends all understanding.

Unless I get some kind of useful advice that I can put into practice, I'm stuck right where I am at. The people I work around, and about all of them claim to be some kind of "Christian" has made these negative feelings and mental issues worse for me.
Sounds like a lot of pressure.

From what I’ve read, you have expectations of others that they are failing to meet. My advice is to focus on your walk and lets those called by God come to you.

You may be in a spiritual dessert now. A trial. Praise God, who is the God of the valley.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry if my conversion story isn't anything worth anything. I know that whatever theology you align yourself with will effect who you think is a true Christian and who isn't. All I got is simple short story. My Dad explained to me the gospel message about everyone being born sinners and that we need a savior Jesus Christ. Yeah I know that you can make it more complicated if you want. But I simply prayed a prayer asking Jesus into my life, and I know I was very serious about it. I still am very serious about it. In fact I don't think this would even bother me, if I wasn't serious about Jesus, and what that means for my faith. But I have been finding myself really really frustrated. I'm in the word as much as I can. I pray as much as I can. But as life continues to put pressure on me, I find that I'm getting frustrated with those that are in my life. They claim to be Christians but they ignore me. Treat me like I'm lesser then they are. Which is one of the main reasons why I don't attend Church anymore. It has literally gotten so bad that I have no place to belong. No fellowship with other believers because somehow I just don't fit. It's like a personality and maybe even a occupation problem. I know that I have talked about this before but tonight at work, it just started really weighing on me. And I don't have any outlet to let out the emotional pressure. I tried praying about it for the thousandth time. I just I don't know. I feel shot and dead.
I suggest that you carefully read Paul's epistles. Even after being called directly by Christ, he suffered in many ways.

I am very moved by what you wrote. -> Do not give up <- You are clearly a very sincere, thoughtful Christian. Jesus is in your life. In fact, He is your life. You have died to your natural self and have been reborn into Christ! Do not depend on others; depend solely on Him.

I don't attend church any more either. I am too old and tired and I don't like all the singing and rituals. I don't feel that I fit and neither should you. It's not compulsory to attend church!

My faith is solely in Jesus Christ. I read the Bible every day, pray a lot, and do my best to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I try to love others while not expecting anything in return.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't judge. Praying for you!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tonight I did some praying and I told the lord that I'm frustrated with him for not ever fixing things for me. Look! I'm just being honest. But the thing is there are a lot of people that causing me feel pretty bad, and as a result I've been doing a lot of cussing. I'm angry and frustrated, and lonely, and tired all the time. I don't think as a believer I should be feeling this bad for this long.
You've inspired me, don't let the Devil make you doubt it!

I would never have been as ready to follow the Holy Spirit, not knowing how you have suffered to remain in the spirit.

My own suffering reminds me that my faith is real, I don't know if that helps?

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tonight I did some praying and I told the lord that I'm frustrated with him for not ever fixing things for me. Look! I'm just being honest. But the thing is there are a lot of people that causing me feel pretty bad, and as a result I've been doing a lot of cussing. I'm angry and frustrated, and lonely, and tired all the time. I don't think as a believer I should be feeling this bad for this long.
… but the thing is, we can’t look to “the world” for fellowship. When I’m feeling lonely, I do a back-pedal and I take a moment to remember that my closest relative is He who created me—my Father in heaven. And He promises me that the more trouble or suffering I experience in this old temporary world, the more He will comfort me; so my thoughts turn to Him. He really IS the God of all comfort.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

- 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (KJV)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Often times the people who hurt me the most are other "Christians".

I'm tired of feeling bitter all the time. Last night I had trouble getting to sleep and my stomach feels sick from it. :(
I'm praying for you also, that you will know God's amazing love for you, and His presence in your life.

I think that when the rest of the world shuts you out, it's because God is drawing you closer.

Much love!

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christian is just a name. Names create division and difference, that's there job. They are attached to egoic self and are of this world.

"I Am" Is the expression of unlimited potential. An expression of The All. It is "togetherness", "oneness", it is complete and perfect. There is no devision as it incorporates all. It is "unseen" in nature for it has no beggining and no end. It has no box. It is limitless and eternal therefore incomprehensible. It cannot hold judgment for perfection we cannot see.

Truth has no limits. Be the "I Am".

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Don't fret brother-what you are going through is normal and can empathize with you. I am a loner-since I was a lad and with the passing of my dear wife-still a loner, I believe Todzer said the saint must walk alone and I believe he is correct.
Now is not the time for me to be so "spiritual" with you, but I'm thinking about you.
Yours in Christ.
Johann.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The latest sermon, I think, has explained to me that I'm not a Christian.
One of the things I had to re-think over and over again for the last 20 years is what "being a Christian" in this world really means. It might not be what the Adrian Rogers of the world are telling you it means.

My prayer (this IS the prayer forum after all) is that some of the other voices talking in your ear (including mine) die down so that you can hear His voice.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
One of the things I had to re-think over and over again for the last 20 years is what "being a Christian" in this world really means. It might not be what the Adrian Rogers of the world are telling you it means.

My prayer (this IS the prayer forum after all) is that some of the other voices talking in your ear (including mine) die down so that you can hear His voice.
Amen brother-I have been hurt, emotionally and spiritually by "Churches"-plural.
As to what is a Christian in this world-an excellent question.
Johann.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was watching a sermon by Adrian Rogers Here is his youtube channel.

The latest sermon, I think, has explained to me that I'm not a Christian. I've had lust problems ever since I was a teenager and noticed women. Doesn't matter if they are fully dressed or not. Those feelings were very strong. These days, those feelings come and go, but if God wants a 100% purity all the time, then you got to count me out.
I don't think I would listen to that sermon. The bible teaches that if we cannot contain ourselves it is better to marry someone. But having a desire for women is better than being a homosexual. And it is the natural way that God causes us to populate the earth.

And some people perhaps tend to unhealthy thinking. And perhaps that requires counseling by a professional. So long as that counselor is a Christian and not woke new age crazy.

Praying that you understand that God gives us natural desires to the opposite sex and that it doesn't mean we're not Christian.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want anyone putting down Adrian Rogers. I'm not, because I think the subject of lust is a difficult one. Just look at all the Christian books, videos, and sermons that have been written and produced about the subject! I think most of these people have good intentions. Although most say Masturbation is a sin, those same people are also married. Which makes me wonder if they are really qualified to say such a thing. They all admit that Masturbation isn't even listed in the Bible as a sin. But if you tie it to lust in Matthew 5:28, then poof it's a sin now. The argument goes like this. "You can't masturbate without thinking about a woman in the wrong way." I first started Masturbating when I was just 6 years old. I don't have a clue why I started back then. But it wasn't until the birds and bees were explained to me that the sexual connection between masturbation and women was established. There are a lot I could say about this, and maybe I will in the very near future.

I want to list some books that I personally have or had in my library, just to show that I've done research into this. And this doesn't even include all the Videos, and Internet articles I have read on the subject. But like my Dad once told me. "That is not going to help you, and so far He's been right."

They Shall Expel Demons (Unabridged) by Derek Prince, talks about Masturbation and Lust a lot.

Every Man's Battle by Steven Arterburn, talks about Masturbation and Lust a lot.

Go And Sin No More: A Call To Holiness by Michael L. Brown talks about Masturbation and Lust a lot.

Chasing Love: Sex, Love, and Relationships in a Confused Culture by Dr. Sean McDowell talks about Masturbation and Lust a lot.

The Great Sex Rescue: The Lies You've Been Taught and How to Recover What God Intended by Sheila Wray Gregoire Talks about how all these Christian books about lust and sex has got it wrong, and it's hurting married Christian women.

It seems like the line between liking women, and lusting after them is a very fine one. Before puberty I liked girls, but I didn't have the feelings that got after puberty. Back in 1999 I decided I needed to get help. I tried talking to my youth pastor about it, and received no help. Then I tried talking to the senior pastor, and again I got no help. I couple years later, that Church fell apart, and all the friends I made at that Church I lost. I've been basically friendless ever since.

I am very thankful for all your prayers. I'm glad that people are finally starting to realize that when I ask for prayer, it's because it's a deep issue.
This sounds like things you should be talking to a Christian priest about and not bringing to a Christian forum. Another thought disorder perhaps.