Removed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I've never been sold on Trump. I just see that God is using him. His pro-life record has been good in many ways. This is a big issue for me, and I always want to give credit where credit is due.... I think it's important to recognize the positive and the negative.

Yes I know that some Christians believe that he is doing right by them.

God reveals truths to His people at different times and we have to let Him reveal what He will in His own time: whatever that truth may be.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't think it would be perceived the way you did. I do tend to tackle tough subjects sometimes but I am going through struggles right now and I'm not up to controversy. There were times I actually cringed coming on here and I don't want it to be that way as there ceases to be a place of being among a body of supportive believers. I also honestly believe that there are times to take action to keep the peace; not necessarily to change what you yourself believe, but in the interest of peace.
I understand exactly what you're saying about cringing. I've been reduced to tears at times by some of the mean things that have been said to me. I hate to admit this, but it's the truth.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie LOL how did I know you would object?

I know this is a sore topic among some here and I apologize for offending anyone.

I didn't hunt this one down - this was sent to me by someone who has been questioning whether she wants the faith or not. She said that she doesn't call herself a Christian and even she knows this is wrong.

I assume you've raised a family and have experience with the younger generation: they are very attuned to hypocrisy.

So I wondered what other Christians thought about this behavior. It is vulgar. In fact Trump said that he could shoot someone and he'd still be liked. Are they the words of a Christian?

I just don't know how pastors can continue to support and give a pass to this kind of behavior. Notwithstanding the fact that Trump has continued to fund Planned Parenthood and continued the never-ending wars and the Christian world gives him a pass as babies are murdered.

So I guess he's right - he can kill and have Christians fawning all over him.
With that standard, you would not approve of King David either, in spite of the fact that God did and does eternally.

As for Planned Parenthood, if Trump has chosen to pick his battles and when to do what, what is that to you? God chose him (as He does all leaders). Your disagreement is with God, but you seem to need to fight against flesh and blood. Not the best approach, certainly not "supportive".

Status
Not open for further replies.