Repentance is the Gift Of God !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing."
Guess Jesus didn't get your memo.
That doesn't change anything.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no biblical backing for your contention that a man repents because repentance is given.

I contend that a man must choose to either receive or reject the gift of repentance.

And you have not been able to refute my contention with any kind of Bible.
That is the only way a person can repent in Salvation, when God grants them repentance.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That mankind has been given the capacity for free will (as concerning salvation choices) is evident in the following scriptures.

Jos 24:15, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
False teaching. The only way a person can repent or believe in the True Christ it must be given from heaven.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been shown your falsehood. Those God gives the Gift of Repentance to receive it. Acts 5:31

Acts of the Apostles 5:31 in no way teaches your heresy that a man automatically receives repentance when God gives it.

The scriptures that I have brought up indicate that there is free will in man.

That doesn't change anything.

It refutes your position that there is no free will in man.

That is the only way a person can repent in Salvation, when God grants them repentance.

That doesn't change the fact that they must receive what is granted for it to be valid.

False teaching. The only way a person can repent or believe in the True Christ it must be given from heaven.

Now you are saying that the holy scriptures carry false teaching.

I think we are done here; you are way out in left field.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It explains the reality that people rebel. That God doesn't force repentance.
I don't know what you talking about. I never said not scripture says that repentance is forced on anyone. However repentance is given to some people as a gift Acts 5:31

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you talking about. I never said not scripture says that repentance is forced on anyone. However repentance is given to some people as a gift Acts 5:31
If they cannot reject it it is forced on them.

Did you not say that if God gives repentance man automatically receives it?

Reactions: Renniks

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts of the Apostles 5:31 in no way teaches your heresy that a man automatically receives repentance when God gives it.

The scriptures that I have brought up indicate that there is free will in man.

It refutes your position that there is no free will in man.

That doesn't change the fact that they must receive what is granted for it to be valid.

Now you are saying that the holy scriptures carry false teaching.

I think we are done here; you are way out in left field.
The scriptures are fine, your mishandling of them is the problem. God gives repentance, and its received, He simply bestows a Gift, mans will has nothing to do with it. Acts 5:31

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they cannot reject it it is forced on them.

Did you not say that if God gives repentance man automatically receives it?
No its not, the Gift is given, bestowed, it isnt forced, I never said that, you said it, but not me ! You bearing false witness again

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given irresistibly? Can said person refuse to repent?
Nope, the Gift causes them to repent Ezk 36:27

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Then " forced" would be exactly the right word if that were the way that should be interpreted.
Did the people that he said that to walk in perfect obedience all the days of their lives? Not.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then " forced" would be exactly the right word if that were the way that should be interpreted.
Did the people that he said that to walk in perfect obedience all the days of their lives? Not.
Just remember, thats you saying that, not me nor scripture.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He will cause us to walk in His statutes and judgments once we have received the Holy Spirit.

He does not cause us to receive the Holy Spirit.

The "sprinkling of clean water" is in baptism; which is a choice that is made by man.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, what scripture says is that we receive him. What scripture says is that we have to humble ourselves.
You saying things scripture does not say. Scripture does say however that God gives repentance Acts 5:31

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He will cause us to walk in His statutes and judgments once we have received the Holy Spirit.

He does not cause us to receive the Holy Spirit.

The "sprinkling of clean water" is in baptism; which is a choice that is made by man.
Again when God gives one the newbirth He causes them to repent. I have explained to you that repentance is the fruit of having been born again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You saying things scripture does not say.

He said what the scripture does say (John 1:12).

Again when God gives one the newbirth He causes them to repent. I have explained to you that repentance is the fruit of having been born again.

No; a man repents unto becoming born again.

He is given the ability to come to Christ when the Holy Spirit draws him; at that point he is given the ability to receive Christ while he also has the option of rejecting Him.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You saying things scripture does not say. Scripture does say however that God gives repentance Acts 5:31
John 1:12
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

James 4:10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

James 4:6
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings! 30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead—whom you killed by hanging him on a cross. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:12
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

James 4:10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

James 4:6
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings! 30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead—whom you killed by hanging him on a cross. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.
I dont see your point. Scripture says Christ gives repentance Acts 5:31;11:18