Repentance is the Gift Of God !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is false, its bearing false witness even ! What God gives men receive, its not up to man at all.
You are the one bearing false witness.

In your doctrine, God places men arbitrarily in hell based on His decision alone; and man is not responsible for his sin: rather God is responsible for all sin because He foreordained all to be sinners and decided that the punishment for that is hell.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one bearing false witness.

In your doctrine, God places men arbitrarily in hell based on His decision alone; and man is not responsible for his sin: rather God is responsible for all sin because He foreordained all to be sinners and decided that the punishment for that is hell.
No it's you bearing false witness.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its you that bear false witness against God and His Power, for when God gives a Gift its received.
No, you are bearing false witness, even with a lie from the pit of hell; when you say that man is not responsible for his decisions to either receive Jesus as his Lord and Saviour and be saved; or else to reject Jesus as his Lord and Saviour and be damned.

You place the blame on God for the fact that the person who rejects Jesus will burn for ever and ever in fire and brimstone throughout all of eternity.

Such a doctrine turns a God of love into a cosmic monster.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are bearing false witness, even with a lie from the pit of hell; when you say that man is not responsible for his decisions to either receive Jesus as his Lord and Saviour and be saved; or else to reject Jesus as his Lord and Saviour and be damned.

You place the blame on God for the fact that the person who rejects Jesus will burn for ever and ever in fire and brimstone throughout all of eternity.

Such a doctrine turns a God of love into a cosmic monster.
Its you that bear false witness against God and His Power, for when God gives a Gift its received.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a mafia boss: He doesn't give you "an offer that you can't refuse."

You are bearing false witness by saying that He operates that way.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman.

Therefore, when He draws a person to salvation, they must decide whether to receive or reject Him.

If you yourself are saved, then you received Him at some point (John 1:12).

If you didn't receive Him, then you aren't saved.

If you think that you didn't have the capability of rejecting Him when faced with His offer, then you obviously think of yourself as some kind of robot that was merely programmed to receive Him, and the offer was therefore not even a real offer because you could not reject it.

God simply chose you out for heaven and you did not have any kind of choice in the matter.

What you don't realize is that you have your whole life to live; and if you should ever reject Christ as Lord and Saviour (fall away, Luke 8:13), then the reality is that you have always been of the non-elect and you never even had the possibility of going to heaven.

What I am saying is that you don't know whether or not you are of the elect or of the non-elect.

Are you really comfortable with the idea that God may have rejected you before you were born and that, if that is the case, you have never even had the possibility of going to heaven?

Because it is often touted in Calvinism that if someone falls away from the faith they never believed in Jesus in the first place. That indicates to me that if you end up falling away you didn't really know your own heart in thinking that you were a believer.

If you are of the non-elect, there is no possibility of salvation for you (in the long run).

If you are comfortable with an idea such as that, then I would venture to say that that defines you as one of the non-elect.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a mafia boss: He doesn't give you "an offer that you can't refuse."

You are bearing false witness by saying that He operates that way.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman.

Therefore, when He draws a person to salvation, they must decide whether to receive or reject Him.

If you yourself are saved, then you received Him at some point (John 1:12).

If you didn't receive Him, then you aren't saved.

If you think that you didn't have the capability of rejecting Him when faced with His offer, then you obviously think of yourself as some kind of robot that was merely programmed to receive Him, and the offer was therefore not even a real offer because you could not reject it.

God simply chose you out for heaven and you did not have any kind of choice in the matter.

What you don't realize is that you have your whole life to live; and if you should ever reject Christ as Lord and Saviour (fall away, Luke 8:13), then the reality is that you have always been of the non-elect and you never even had the possibility of going to heaven.

What I am saying is that you don't know whether or not you are of the elect or of the non-elect.

Are you really comfortable with the idea that God may have rejected you before you were born and that, if that is the case, you have never even had the possibility of going to heaven?

Because it is often touted in Calvinism that if someone falls away from the faith they never believed in Jesus in the first place. That indicates to me that if you end up falling away you didn't really know your own heart in thinking that you were a believer.

If you are of the non-elect, there is no possibility of salvation for you (in the long run).

If you are comfortable with an idea such as that, then I would venture to say that that defines you as one of the non-elect.
You are bearing false witness. When God gives repentance it is received and the recipient repents. It is a Gift.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are bearing false witness. When God gives repentance it is received and the recipient repents. It is a Gift.
No; in accusing me of lying you are even bearing false witness against your neighbor.

The Bible says not to do that; you are violating one of the ten commandments.

It is faithful and true that men have a decision to make when the Holy Spirit draws them.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman; and God is not a mafia boss. Therefore He does not give you "an offer that you can't refuse."

The Lord doesn't force anyone to believe; He has given to man a degree of sovereignty by giving him free will to make decisions on his own.

Please read Joshua 24:15, John 1:12, Revelation 3:20, Revelation 22:17.

These verses teach us about man's ability to make free will decisions.

Because the only way what you are saying can be true is if God has not given free will to man.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No; in accusing me of lying you are even bearing false witness against your neighbor.

The Bible says not to do that; you are violating one of the ten commandments.

It is faithful and true that men have a decision to make when the Holy Spirit draws them.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman; and God is not a mafia boss. Therefore He does not give you "an offer that you can't refuse."

The Lord doesn't force anyone to believe; He has given to man a degree of sovereignty by giving him free will to make decisions on his own.

Please read Joshua 24:15, John 1:12, Revelation 3:20, Revelation 22:17.

These verses teach us about man's ability to make free will decisions.

Because the only way what you are saying can be true is if God has not given free will to man.
You are bearing false witness. When God gives repentance it is received and the recipient repents. It is a Gift. You are making up a god and jesus of your own devising !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are bearing false witness. When God gives repentance it is received and the recipient repents. It is a Gift. You are making up a god and jesus of your own devising !
I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict you for accusing me and bearing false witness against me by saying that I am lying.

Nothing that I have said is false doctrine;

But you seem to want to be persistent in your ideas that are unfounded in holy scripture.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are bearing false witness.
The burden of proof is on you to state the nature of the lie.

Did I not reference holy scripture to substantiate my viewpoint?

So, look up the verses that I have referenced and show how they are a lie if you are saying that I am lying by referencing them.

Or, show how my statements are a lie in light of the scriptures that I have referenced.

Maybe you want to bring up your scriptures on the matter; perhaps a scripture that says that free will is not given to man?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict you for accusing me and bearing false witness against me by saying that I am lying.

Nothing that I have said is false doctrine;

But you seem to want to be persistent in your ideas that are unfounded in holy scripture.
Yes your doctrine is false.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The burden of proof is on you to state the nature of the lie.

Did I not reference holy scripture to substantiate my viewpoint?

So, look up the verses that I have referenced and show how they are a lie if you are saying that I am lying by referencing them.

Or, show how my statements are a lie in light of the scriptures that I have referenced.

Maybe you want to bring up your scriptures on the matter; perhaps a scripture that says that free will is not given to man?
I already have shown your falsehoods, all my posts beginning from the OP does that.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes your doctrine is false.

I already have shown your falsehoods, all my posts beginning from the OP does that.

You have not shown that any of what I preach is unbiblical.

We can go back and forth saying "Your doctrine is false"..."no, yours is the false doctrine"..."no, yours" ad infinitum....

But that will not get us anywhere.

If you think that my doctrine is false, then what you need to do is show biblically why my doctrine is false.

You have failed to do that up to this point.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no biblical backing for your contention that a man repents because repentance is given.

I contend that a man must choose to either receive or reject the gift of repentance.

And you have not been able to refute my contention with any kind of Bible.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That mankind has been given the capacity for free will (as concerning salvation choices) is evident in the following scriptures.

Jos 24:15, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Invalid comment:

Yes, aint no ifs with God, if He gives something, its received
Really?
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing."
Guess Jesus didn't get your memo.

Reactions: justbyfaith

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not shown that any of what I preach is unbiblical.

We can go back and forth saying "Your doctrine is false"..."no, yours is the false doctrine"..."no, yours" ad infinitum....

But that will not get us anywhere.

If you think that my doctrine is false, then what you need to do is show biblically why my doctrine is false.

You have failed to do that up to this point.
You have been shown your falsehood. Those God gives the Gift of Repentance to receive it. Acts 5:31