Respecting Authority (many don't like this) - Even in times of Terrible Kings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 13​

New Living Translation​

Respect for Authority​

13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.
6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority.

Love Fulfills God’s Requirements​

8 Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. 9 For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.”[a] These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 10 Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.
11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. 13 Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. 14 Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.

Paul says to Timothy in his letter to pray for those who are in Authority...

Therefore you don't like your 'leader' pray for them, anyway.

1 Timothy 2:1-2

Instructions on Worship​

2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were to be the case, I don't believe Jesus,the king of Heaven, would have not submitted unto the authority of the Pharisees and Sadducees. The equivalent of authority, "kings", in the Jewish community.

If this were to be our concession as Christians, we would have obeyed all in authority throughout our history.
Which would mean America would not exist as we know it today.

And then there's the matter of future prophecy, planning of God, as pertains to those in authority who are not of God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were to be the case, I don't believe Jesus,the king of Heaven, would have not submitted unto the authority of the Pharisees and Sadducees. The equivalent of authority, "kings", in the Jewish community.
Do you believe that Jesus needed to submit to them, or did he submit fully underneath the Law of God, and he came as a King, and a Priest, and a Judge?

Perhaps I don't understand what you are saying, some people are more of a higher intellect than myself.
If this were to be our concession as Christians, we would have obeyed all in authority throughout our history.
Which would mean America would not exist as we know it today.
What do you mean?
And then there's the matter of future prophecy, planning of God, as pertains to those in authority who are not of God.
Still don't understand, exactly.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Jesus needed to submit to them, or did he submit fully underneath the Law of God, and he came as a King, and a Priest, and a Judge?

Perhaps I don't understand what you are saying, some people are more of a higher intellect than myself.

What do you mean?

Still don't understand, exactly.
In short, if it were true about Christians must submit to authority, Jesus would have never started a ministry that reiterated the authority of God, and his true law.

He would instead have submitted to the temple authority that abrogated it. And made themselves the law. And the enforcers.

As to future prophecies and the authorities to come, the Beast, the Antichrist. Are we to submit to that?

The evil dictators since the days of Jesus. Submit to their authority?

China today. North Korea. Christian persecution around the world.
Submit?
Close secret home churches, Bible study? Destroy our Bibles that are outlawed?
In North Korea it is supposed to be a death penalty offense to own one.
Obey? Destroy our bible if we have one there?

Islamic Sharia law countries. Are we to abandon Christ and worship Allah?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In short, if it were true about Christians must submit to authority, Jesus would have never started a ministry that reiterated the authority of God, and his true law.
Then whats the point in the bible?

Paul makes it clear, in these verse to submit to the governing authorities. Didn't Jesus say render to Caesers what is Caesers?

He would instead have submitted to the temple authority that abrogated it. And made themselves the law. And the enforcers.
He did all that didn't he? Wasn't Jesus the one whom submitted to his Father in all things? He came to bring forth a spiritual kingdom, not a worldly one which was already in place for the Jewish nation whom where God's people.
As to future prophecies and the authorities to come, the Beast, the Antichrist. Are we to submit to that?
Paul wrote to the saints in Rome, perhaps while Nero was in charge, but do you remember the book of Daniel? When Neb, demanded all must worship him? There was Daniel, who was caught worshiping the God of isarel by looking towards that way while in Babylon. He and also a few others did not bow when they were told too, is that following and staying true God, rather than man?

It's deserving of death, thats when Neb tried to kill them by putting them in a pot of fire.
The evil dictators since the days of Jesus. Submit to their authority?
Apparently, you can submit to anyone who is in authority - but when it comes to saying "worship me", what did Jesus do when he was tempted by Satan, he declined that offer.
China today. North Korea. Christian persecution around the world.
Yes, that does happen, but I would love for you to be able to show me, where Christians are slaughtered all over America. There may be those who die for their faith out in this world, Tyndale did.
Submit?
Close secret home churches, Bible study? Destroy our Bibles that are outlawed?
In North Korea it is supposed to be a death penalty offense to own one.
Obey? Destroy our bible if we have one there?
That is where God in range over there, in America I don't see that happening and apparently it happened to be a one time great event over there near Asia, whom John the beloved warned about, and over 1,000,000 jewish people fell to the ground and died in a blaze of fire, there were also Christians being slaughtered left and right, in Neros time during the great burning of his city.
Islamic Sharia law countries. Are we to abandon Christ and worship Allah?
Don't know don't live there.

I can't force a view that is not seen in my world based on whats happening in other places...

It all came down to a great tribulation and event, that part took in "Worship me I am your God and Lord, otherwise you will be killed, type of stance (pertaining to worship of man, and not the true living God)", which for me personally all happened in 70Ad as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to come within a generation which would not pass until those things were all fulfilled.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then whats the point in the bible?

Paul makes it clear, in these verse to submit to the governing authorities. Didn't Jesus say render to Caesers what is Caesers?

He did all that didn't he? Wasn't Jesus the one whom submitted to his Father in all things? He came to bring forth a spiritual kingdom, not a worldly one which was already in place for the Jewish nation whom where God's people.

Paul wrote to the saints in Rome, perhaps while Nero was in charge, but do you remember the book of Daniel? When Neb, demanded all must worship him? There was Daniel, who was caught worshiping the God of isarel by looking towards that way while in Babylon. He and also a few others did not bow when they were told too, is that following and staying true God, rather than man?

It's deserving of death, thats when Neb tried to kill them by putting them in a pot of fire.

Apparently, you can submit to anyone who is in authority - but when it comes to saying "worship me", what did Jesus do when he was tempted by Satan, he declined that offer.

Yes, that does happen, but I would love for you to be able to show me, where Christians are slaughtered all over America. There may be those who die for their faith out in this world, Tyndale did.

That is where God in range over there, in America I don't see that happening and apparently it happened to be a one time great event over there near Asia, whom John the beloved warned about, and over 1,000,000 jewish people fell to the ground and died in a blaze of fire, there were also Christians being slaughtered left and right, in Neros time during the great burning of his city.

Don't know don't live there.

I can't force a view that is not seen in my world based on whats happening in other places...

It all came down to a great tribulation and event, that part took in "Worship me I am your God and Lord, otherwise you will be killed, type of stance", which for me personally all happened in 70Ad as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to come within a generation which would not pass until those things were all fulfilled.
Jesus said, render unto Caesar that which is Caesars. And unto God that which is God.

Do you recall who said, if it comes to obeying man or God, we obey God?

Do American Christians need be slaughtered here for it to qualify as persecution?

The issue is submitting to authority. The real question is, would God approve if that means abandoning the faith and its tenets?

I'd say, no.

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, render unto Caesar that which is Caesars. And unto God that which is God.

Do you recall who said, if it comes to obeying man or God, we obey God?

Do American Christians need be slaughtered here for it to qualify as persecution?

The issue is submitting to authority. The real question is, would God approve if that means abandoning the faith and its tenets?

I'd say, no.

Thank you for sharing. One Article doesn't mean much to me, not like the report of Jospehus and others on the King of Rome, Nero, and his great slaughter of Christians who I see as the antichrist and the beast. You may not believe that or you may believe that there is future prophecies to come, but I disagree with you and still submit that people should follow the advice of Paul, to submit to authority, and the advice he gave to Timothy to pray for those who are in authority.

While sure people have died for their faith in America, it was nothing like the great tribulation, experienced in Jerusalem but people desire like that book "Left Behind Series" to come about and in America there will be great persecutions and killing of Christians, I don't think believe it will ever happened like the only one time event that Jesus promised about.

Jesus even spoke of "[21] And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. [22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

In context, he is most likely speaking to his chosen disciples, in Matthew Chapter 10.

Therefore, I believe that Christians are to submit to the governing authority - unless it says "Worship me." That would be a decision to bow out in my opinion, and just accept death if that is what was to come. (I don't think it will ever get like that in America due to the constitution) but people love conspiracy theories and what not and have hopes to live in a time where it is so dramatic, like in the first century.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America is founded on rebelling against tyranny. Their Scriptural justifications ought to be appraised.
Wrangler, what does that mean, about scriptural justifications? From my understanding, it's the Constitution that holds the value of allowing personal freedom in the sense of allowing people to have individuality. I was never well studied in Economics class or gave much interest. I do know that their is a organization of "Conservative Christians," in which they desire to bring America into becoming a Christian nation, but a Christian nation never existed on earth, it existed by spiritual principles, not of this world as Jesus had said.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing. One Article doesn't mean much to me, not like the report of Jospehus and others on the King of Rome, Nero, and his great slaughter of Christians who I see as the antichrist and the beast. You may not believe that or you may believe that there is future prophecies to come, but I disagree with you and still submit that people should follow the advice of Paul, to submit to authority, and the advice he gave to Timothy to pray for those who are in authority.

While sure people have died for their faith in America, it was nothing like the great tribulation, experienced in Jerusalem but people desire like that book "Left Behind Series" to come about and in America there will be great persecutions and killing of Christians, I don't think believe it will ever happened like the only one time event that Jesus promised about.

Jesus even spoke of "[21] And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. [22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

In context, he is most likely speaking to his chosen disciples, in Matthew Chapter 10.

Therefore, I believe that Christians are to submit to the governing authority - unless it says "Worship me." That would be a decision to bow out in my opinion, and just accept death if that is what was to come. (I don't think it will ever get like that in America due to the constitution) but people love conspiracy theories and what not and have hopes to live in a time where it is so dramatic, like in the first century.
I posted one article to address your question.

God bless.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means that if you look beyond Roman’s 13, you will find support in Scripture for opposing tyranny.
To renew our mind is to read the word, therefore perhaps opposing what the wisdom of the world teaches is similar to tyranny?

Is the tyranny our own selfish ambitions?

James 3:13-18​

New Living Translation​

True Wisdom Comes from God​

13 If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.

14 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don’t cover up the truth with boasting and lying.

15 For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic.

16 For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.

18 And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.[a]

James 3:13-18

Young's Literal Translation

13 Who [is] wise and intelligent among you? let him shew out of the good behaviour his works in meekness of wisdom,
14 and if bitter zeal ye have, and rivalry in your heart, glory not, nor lie against the truth;
15 this wisdom is not descending from above, but earthly, physical, demon-like,
16 for where zeal and rivalry [are], there is insurrection and every evil matter;
17 and the wisdom from above, first, indeed, is pure, then peaceable, gentle, easily entreated, full of kindness and good fruits, uncontentious, and unhypocritical: --
18 and the fruit of the righteousness in peace is sown to those making peace.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
perhaps opposing what the wisdom of the world teaches is similar to tyranny?
Well, that's a good point. Tyranny of the mind, tyranny in all its forms.

But regarding the tyranny of state power, MLK Jr said it well. A just government ought to be obeyed and an unjust government ought to not be obeyed. In my research, the first statement ever uttered about the limits of State power is from Jesus. Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's; render unto God what is God's. It means some things are not properly the domain of government.

The Nuremberg Trials proved "I was only following orders" has legal limits. Would you participate in the genocide of the Jews as a humble obedient act to the authority of government?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that's a good point. Tyranny of the mind, tyranny in all its forms.

But regarding the tyranny of state power, MLK Jr said it well. A just government ought to be obeyed and an unjust government ought to not be obeyed. In my research, the first statement ever uttered about the limits of State power is from Jesus. Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's; render unto God what is God's. It means some things are not properly the domain of government.

The Nuremberg Trials proved "I was only following orders" has legal limits. Would you participate in the genocide of the Jews as a humble obedient act to the authority of government?
If I didnt know any better, yes. My anger and hatred for human beings can exist in my own heart due to the nature we are born with. It always have violent tenancies and hated even behind the most gracious smile, or even the most greatest personality. The soul is dark. Thank God for Jesus he can hold that darkness back and God burns out the darkness as one lets him consume it away. Though the darkness of the flesh can still linger.

“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭28‬-‭29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Anothor question isnt this why church and state separation exist in America? And also why if one has an unjust governement they are able to go and try to change the law if they choose too?

Even so, its fond if me to remember Ecc.

“Moreover I saw under the sun: In the place of judgment, Wickedness was there; And in the place of righteousness, Iniquity was there. I said in my heart, “God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.” I said in my heart, “Concerning the condition of the sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are like animals.” For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all is vanity. All go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust. Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth? So I perceived that nothing is better than that a man should rejoice in his own works, for that is his heritage. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬-‭22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I have sat and listened to police interrogation of those who murdered their families. Justice is still served be it here or the next life.

“And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Example 1:

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I didnt know any better, yes. My anger and hatred for human beings can exist in my own heart due to the nature we are born with. It always have violent tenancies and hated even behind the most gracious smile, or even the most greatest personality. The soul is dark. Thank God for Jesus he can hold that darkness back and God burns out the darkness as one lets him consume it away. Though the darkness of the flesh can still linger.

“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭28‬-‭29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Anothor question isnt this why church and state separation exist in America? And also why if one has an unjust governement they are able to go and try to change the law if they choose too?

Even so, its fond if me to remember Ecc.

“Moreover I saw under the sun: In the place of judgment, Wickedness was there; And in the place of righteousness, Iniquity was there. I said in my heart, “God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.” I said in my heart, “Concerning the condition of the sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are like animals.” For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all is vanity. All go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust. Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth? So I perceived that nothing is better than that a man should rejoice in his own works, for that is his heritage. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬-‭22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I have sat and listened to police interrogation of those who murdered their families. Justice is still served be it here or the next life.

“And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Example 1:

Well, that settles it then, right? :)
What do you mean by your response?
That probably ought to be a separate thread. Are you connecting obeying authority with separation of church and state in America?
Do not know. I believe that the Governing Authorities are in place by God.

Here the reason why.

Crimes. People go to jail when they get caught for their crimes. Just like the prison part of Sheol, that had bars in it, for example (Job 17:16.)

When it comes to spiritual authority, I believe there is only one authority there and that is the Lord God Almighty himself. He can have justice served here on earth by the use of the governing authorties and in the afterlife (the lake of fire.)

Revelation 21: [8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by your response?

Do not know. I believe that the Governing Authorities are in place by God.

Here the reason why.

Crimes. People go to jail when they get caught for their crimes. Just like the prison part of Sheol, that had bars in it, for example (Job 17:16.)

When it comes to spiritual authority, I believe there is only one authority there and that is the Lord God Almighty himself. He can have justice served here on earth by the use of the governing authorties and in the afterlife (the lake of fire.)

Revelation 21: [8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

When thinking of the hatred that comes from us as human beings, it stims from envy, jealousy, anger with-in that does not produce the righteousness of God.

Everyone has issues with these types of problems, and there is only one solution to damper them, that solution is normally the last one sought for by the end of life, and that is the Lord Yeshua the messiah. Having had a heart that was angry and violent, and hated, and hate murderous thoughts, it is amazing the workaround when someone is renewed to the mind of Christ, rather than the mind of this world and the way it works.

Mark 7:20-23 New International Version (NIV)For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.

Praise be to Him! He holds these types of darkness that reside in us back, though sometimes they might slip up... Paul tells the Colossians to put off the old man and put on Christ.

Not Carnality but Christ​

Colossians 3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, 11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

Character of the New Man​

12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

You also have the example of when Jesus was put to death, it was for envy.

Matthew 27:18 For he knew that it was out of envy that they had delivered him up.

Another example:

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When thinking of the hatred that comes from us as human beings, it stims from envy, jealousy, anger with-in that does not produce the righteousness of God.

Everyone has issues with these types of problems, and there is only one solution to damper them, that solution is normally the last one sought for by the end of life, and that is the Lord Yeshua the messiah. Having had a heart that was angry and violent, and hated, and hate murderous thoughts, it is amazing the workaround when someone is renewed to the mind of Christ, rather than the mind of this world and the way it works.

Mark 7:20-23 New International Version (NIV)For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.

Praise be to Him! He holds these types of darkness that reside in us back, though sometimes they might slip up... Paul tells the Colossians to put off the old man and put on Christ.

Not Carnality but Christ​

Colossians 3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, 11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

Character of the New Man​

12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

You also have the example of when Jesus was put to death, it was for envy.

Matthew 27:18 For he knew that it was out of envy that they had delivered him up.

Another example:

Another reason for wisdom, comes by and through the telling of proverbs on the condition of those who forsake wisdom and love death.

Warning Against the Invitation of Sinful Men​

8 Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction
and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
9 They are a garland to grace your head
and a chain to adorn your neck.
10 My son, if sinful men entice you,
do not give in to them.
11 If they say, “Come along with us;
let’s lie in wait for innocent blood,
let’s ambush some harmless soul;
12 let’s swallow them alive, like the grave,
and whole, like those who go down to the pit;
13 we will get all sorts of valuable things
and fill our houses with plunder;
14 cast lots with us;
we will all share the loot”—
15 my son, do not go along with them,
do not set foot on their paths;
16 for their feet rush into evil,
they are swift to shed blood.
17 How useless to spread a net
where every bird can see it!
18 These men lie in wait for their own blood;
they ambush only themselves!
19 Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain;
it takes away the life of those who get it.

All of us have hated someone at some point, and to me that means all people have been murderers at least one point in their life.

John wrote to his audience saying,
1 John 3:15 Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

Jesus Christ holds the envy, the jealous, the anger (that leads to the non-righteousness of God), back once a person becomes born again, because it's the spirit of Christ with-in them.

Paul writes to the people in Galatia,

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 5:29 KJV
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than man.

Man's desire is to DOMINATE! Therefore the right to humane treatment whether be it for humans or animal is almost becoming extinct.We see this every second of every day, as well as common courtesy to others.

Abusers of family, genuine love of humanity grown cold, and the insurrenegence of Killers of strangers is one of the most prolific evils brought to the knowledge of many by social media.

This world is out of control and is begging God for judgement! There will come a time when life truly will mean nothing to many when we are forced to obey man, denounce God or die!