responding to shooting.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
ZebraHug said:
Hahaha. So guns aren't inanimate objects? I didn't know they were alive!! :eek:
I didn't say that you did. It is true that guns are alive though. They have rounds in them 'clasified' as "live rounds." That's what makes them so dangerous. Hundreds of people have been killed not knowing a live round was in the chamber of the inanimate object they or someone else was holding, that was designed to kill things at long distances away. Most other inanimate objects are not in a "gun clasification" so they don't take rounds. however. Some nail guns still use 22 cal. blanks that have also been used to kill people! So you can't compare an inanimate object with a live round in it to other inanimate objects without it becoming a debate in the first place. Beginning to see the difference?
Let me clarify and explain it a little more and maybe you'll be able to put it all together and see the light. Your argument is the same argument that the skinhead had.

I say," you can't clasify a gun as an ordinary inanimate object." You could if there was no amunition in or around it. Then it wouldn't be much of a weapon but would work well as other inanimate objects like hammers and pry bars. They won't work well for pipe wrenches. But loaded it's an all different thing than a pipe wrench, hammer, or other inanimate objects like a high heal shoes that can't fire off a round but have been known to kill people. You can't clasify guns in the same catagory because they are "loaded" and they have a charge. People have been killed by pianos falling from buildings with a charge of gravity behind them. Maybe we can compare the killing power of falling inanimate objects due to gravity. I bet a pipe wrench, if it doesn't kill you, really hurts too if it falls off a ladder and hits you on the head. So don't compare a gun with ammunition in it putting it in the same catagory as other inanimate objects that don't ammunition if you expect me to take you serious about guns especially when it's a mind that makes the thing go off anyway!.

It has a cartridge that contains a primer that ignites a modern day propellant launching a projectile over 1200 ft. per second that's designed to kill people in the first place. And you want me to feel comfortable with believeing they are just ordinary inanimate objects IN just anyones HANDS!

It takes a mind to pull a trigger that kills 26 people and It takes a mind to push the button of a nuke that can kill millions. What we should worry about is the mind(less) of one) that thinks that the gun or the weapon doesn't kill people, and clasifies them in the same catagory as high heal shoes, tools, matches, and all inanimate objects. A roomate of mine just left. She had a beatiful sister murdered by a gun that her boyfriend used to kill her. And I have a friend who can tell you that even if a high heal shoe doesn't kill you, "they really hurt!"
So you see this foolish analogy of guns with inanimate objects that don't kill people. And to say there's no clasification of assault weapons on top of that. Then to say that something that's designed and intended for killing people doesn't kill people. Then to have the NRA say it's movies and mentally ill people but never attribute the killing to the gun.
Now I have problems with your kind of thinking. I'm not done with it because I'm a gun owner too that doesn't think like you.
Praise God. I think they are going to fly the flag at Plymouth State University for 26 days total.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
From history a Fed ban on anything has only lead to fostering an underground black market.
Booze, and drugs such as heroin, cocaine in the early 20th century, in spite of laws the problem has followed us right into the 21st century via the underground market, this market is certainly moving as much money as any fortune 500 company TAX FREE to boot. Well maybe not tax free< i understand that you have to pay a banker to launder your profits, but its still a very lucrative business.

Booze "AKA" spirits is a common denominator in more deaths than guns. Prohibition did nothing but make gangsters rich, in turn fostering more problems
I also find it amusing that so many Christians believe that enacting laws results in better morals, its the conviction of the HS
that brings about a change of heart

To summarize the bible teaches the problem is in mens hearts not the law. Its against the law to kill do you see it working? Its against the law to use un-prescribed drugs, is it working?
Your proposed solution in light of prohibition and drug bans of the past will change nothing, its an illusion, the same illusion that laws bring with them greater morals.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
kaoticprofit said:
OK! OK!

Praise God. I think they are going to fly the flag "at half mast" at Plymouth State University for 26 days total.
Now I'll reason with you as well
David the youngest and weakest of his brothers killed lions and bears, as well as Goliath with a stone.
I don't believe that every home should or needs to be equipped with a Ma deuce M2 stationed at the front door.

I speak for myself when I say that God is capable of empowering men and women.
When it comes upon you when you have tasted you know, whether your bare handed or have a single shot gun, a simple stone or knife the enemy is in serious trouble.
David honed his skills in the field, just him and the Lord, and by faith "training" he slew Goliath before the eyes of the people. I hope my brothers hands as well have been trained by God.
Don't fool yourself the modern weapons of today are no match against those that God has called. And so shall He also empower us to lay down as He did his son, if that be the case as well.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Your proposed solution in light of prohibition and drug bans of the past will change nothing, its an illusion, the same illusion that laws bring with them greater morals
I never said we should ban guns from sensible law abiding Americans. However. I am in favor of baning guns with a charge of live rounds from people who foolishly classify them in the same catagory as other inanimate objects. The only thing that kind of thinking does to people is it classifies them in a catagory of ignorant fools.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
kaoticprofit said:
I didn't say that you did. It is true that guns are alive though. They have rounds in them 'clasified' as "live rounds." That's what makes them so dangerous. Hundreds of people have been killed not knowing a live round was in the chamber of the inanimate object they or someone else was holding, that was designed to kill things at long distances away. Most other inanimate objects are not in a "gun clasification" so they don't take rounds. however. Some nail guns still use 22 cal. blanks that have also been used to kill people! So you can't compare an inanimate object with a live round in it to other inanimate objects without it becoming a debate in the first place. Beginning to see the difference?
Let me clarify and explain it a little more and maybe you'll be able to put it all together and see the light. Your argument is the same argument that the skinhead had.

I say," you can't clasify a gun as an ordinary inanimate object." You could if there was no amunition in or around it. Then it wouldn't be much of a weapon but would work well as other inanimate objects like hammers and pry bars. They won't work well for pipe wrenches. But loaded it's an all different thing than a pipe wrench, hammer, or other inanimate objects like a high heal shoes that can't fire off a round but have been known to kill people. You can't clasify guns in the same catagory because they are "loaded" and they have a charge. People have been killed by pianos falling from buildings with a charge of gravity behind them. Maybe we can compare the killing power of falling inanimate objects due to gravity. I bet a pipe wrench, if it doesn't kill you, really hurts too if it falls off a ladder and hits you on the head. So don't compare a gun with ammunition in it putting it in the same catagory as other inanimate objects that don't ammunition if you expect me to take you serious about guns especially when it's a mind that makes the thing go off anyway!.

It has a cartridge that contains a primer that ignites a modern day propellant launching a projectile over 1200 ft. per second that's designed to kill people in the first place. And you want me to feel comfortable with believeing they are just ordinary inanimate objects IN just anyones HANDS!

It takes a mind to pull a trigger that kills 26 people and It takes a mind to push the button of a nuke that can kill millions. What we should worry about is the mind(less) of one) that thinks that the gun or the weapon doesn't kill people, and clasifies them in the same catagory as high heal shoes, tools, matches, and all inanimate objects. A roomate of mine just left. She had a beatiful sister murdered by a gun that her boyfriend used to kill her. And I have a friend who can tell you that even if a high heal shoe doesn't kill you, "they really hurt!"
So you see this foolish analogy of guns with inanimate objects that don't kill people. And to say there's no clasification of assault weapons on top of that. Then to say that something that's designed and intended for killing people doesn't kill people. Then to have the NRA say it's movies and mentally ill people but never attribute the killing to the gun.
Now I have problems with your kind of thinking. I'm not done with it because I'm a gun owner too that doesn't think like you.
Praise God. I think they are going to fly the flag at Plymouth State University for 26 days total.
kaoticprofit said:
It's pretty sad when a gun owner of more than a dozen guns puts them in the same catagory as inanimate objects. . .
Your words. And good luck stopping the advancement of weapons. Even then, still didn't stop the USA losing the Vietnam war.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Your words. And good luck stopping the advancement of weapons. Even then, still didn't stop the USA losing the Vietnam war.
I'm not really trying to stop the advancement of weapons. I'm a gun owner and a responsible one at that. I'm trying to get the awful and offensive mentality out of peoples heads who own them that say they don't kill people. I want to see gun owners have a sensible and responsible point of view about their guns and live up to the fact that the inanimate objects they own that fires off live rounds do kill peolpe and aren't classified in the same catagory as tools and toys. If people want to be responsible gun owners they need to approach these things with common sense instead of the illogical mindset that I've seen on this forum. I'm not for taking peoples guns away. But I am all for taking them away from people who think their guns don't kill people and who irresponsibly classify them with tool, toys, and any inanimate objects. When I was being trained about guns in the 1960's, I would have called my dad or the NRA instructor a liar had they told me that guns don't kill people. Anybody who wants to own a gun needs to admit that guns do kill people and that they are not in the same classification as other inanimate objects.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
holb_c10591620121221120100.jpg

I would TOTALLY buy that!!!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
kaoticprofit said:
I'm not really trying to stop the advancement of weapons. I'm a gun owner and a responsible one at that. I'm trying to get the awful and offensive mentality out of peoples heads who own them that say they don't kill people. I want to see gun owners have a sensible and responsible point of view about their guns and live up to the fact that the inanimate objects they own that fires off live rounds do kill peolpe and aren't classified in the same catagory as tools and toys. If people want to be responsible gun owners they need to approach these things with common sense instead of the illogical mindset that I've seen on this forum. I'm not for taking peoples guns away. But I am all for taking them away from people who think their guns don't kill people and who irresponsibly classify them with tool, toys, and any inanimate objects. When I was being trained about guns in the 1960's, I would have called my dad or the NRA instructor a liar had they told me that guns don't kill people. Anybody who wants to own a gun needs to admit that guns do kill people and that they are not in the same classification as other inanimate objects.
Yup. Guns are in the same category as swords, spears, bows, etc, etc.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some Bible passages related to weapons:

NT SWORDS
Luk_22:36 Sell your cloak, BUY A SWORD
Mat_6:10 "my servants would FIGHT" Mt.6:10 thy kingdom come, Mt.11:12 the violent take it by force
Mat_5:17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the law."
Mat_5:38 Resist not evil but turn the other cheek (this refers to humbly accepting non-lethal blows or refusing to accept duels NOT life threatening assaults)
Mat_28:18-20 We are to obey Him in ALL things
Mat_10:34 Christ came not to send peace on earth but a sword
Mat_24:43 The goodman of the house does not allow his house to be plundered
Mat_26:52 We are not to use deadly force inappropriately, but "put the sword back in its place" (sheathed & ready at our sides).
Luk_7:2-9 Jesus commends the faith of the centurion (who makes his life with a sword)
Luk_11:21-22 An Armed man protects his household. (The most obvious sign of an enemy is a person who wants to take away your arms.)
Luk_12:39 We are not to allow home invasions
Luk_19:13 Occupy till I come
Luk_22:36 Sell your cloak, BUY A SWORD
Joh_2:13-17 Christ fashioned a weapon and used it
Joh_18:10-11 Peter armed with a sword cut off the ear of Malchus the servant of the high priest. Jesus tells Peter to put his sword back into the sheath, NOT to discard it.
Joh_18:36 There is coming a time when Christ's servants will FIGHT (see comments below)
Act_5:1-11 The death penalty is still in force in the NT (Ananias & Sapphira)
1Co_16:13 Stand fast, Act like MEN, Be strong
Eph_6:14-17 Sword of the Spirit -many metaphors relating to well equipped soldiers
1Ti_5:8 Primary obligation to provide for your family (which includes their safety and security)
2Ti_2:3-4 We Christians are likened unto soldiers of Jesus
Heb_7:1 Melchesidek (Jesus) blesses Abraham after the slaughter of the kings
Heb_11:1-40 Hall of Faith Heroes - Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, Saul, David, Elijah . . . were anointed warriors
Heb_11:34 Saints of God were Valiant in fight, put alien armies to flight
Heb_12:4 We are enjoined to be willing to resist sin even to the point of shedding blood
Rev_2:12 Jesus wields a sharp two-edged sword
Rev_13:10 Live by the sword, die by the sword (defending oneself is NOT "living by the sword")
"The people of God who are destined for prison will be arrested and taken away; those destined for death will be killed.[c] But do not be dismayed, for here is your opportunity for endurance and confidence." Rev_13:10 --LIV
Rev_19:11-21 Christ returns with a sword to make war

OT SWORDS

2Pe_1:19-21 The prophecies in OT came through holy men of God as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Gen_3:15 The descendants of Eve were to bruise the heads of the descendants of the serpent.
Gen_4:8-12 God punished the murderer (Cain ) He did not ban weapons
Gen_14:14 Abraham armed his trained men to rescue Lot
Gen_14:15 God blessed military action
Gen_14:20 " "
Gen_49:24 Our weapons will be strengthened by the arms of God placed upon our arms
Exo_17:12 Joshua defeats Amalek with the edge of the sword
Exo_15:3 The LORD is a MAN OF WAR, We are made in His image.
Exo_22:2 Thieves caught in the act are worthy of extermination especially at night
Lev_26:6-8 We are to wield the sword to chase our enemies and evil beasts from our land
Num_31:3 God will sometimes use men to execute His vengeance
Num_32:20-21 We are to be armed ready to defend the people of God
Eze_25:14 " " "
Num_32:6-7 Pacifism denounced
Num_32:20-23 " "
Jer_48:10 " "
Deu_22:23-27 Implied is our responsibility to come to the aid of someone being raped
Gen_14:14-20 Abraham leads righteous war of justice to save his relatives (Lot)
Num_31:6-8 Moses summoned his people to battle
Jos_1:14-15 Joshua " "
Psa_18:32-42 David " "
2Sa_5:19 " "
Jos_5:13-15 Christ as Commander of the LORD's army
Jos_6:1-2 " " "
Jdg_3:1-2 God left some adversaries amongst the Israelites to teach them how to fight and make war
Jdg_4:14-15 Deborah calls for war
Jdg_5:8 The reduction of Israel to an unarmed and unresisting state under the Philistine dominion.
Jdg_3:31 Jdg_15:6 Improvised weaponry where none were available

1Sa_13:19 The enemies of God's people imposed gun (sword) control.
1Sa_15:3 God commissioned the utter destruction of the Amalekites by the Israelites.
1Sa_15:33 The prophet hacked a man to pieces.
1Sa_16:4 The towns people trempled at the sight of the prophet of God.
1Sa_25:28 David fought the battles of Jehovah
1Sa_28:18 King Saul was cursed for failing to destroy all the Amalekites
1Sa_11:6 The Spirit of God can kindle great anger.
1Sa_13:19-20 "Sword Control" practiced by the enemies of Israel (Philistines as well as the English at Lexington/Concord (and Schumer & Feinstein and Co.)
1Sa_15:29-30 The prophet Samuel did not listen to the politically correct words of the Amalekite King, but instead hacked him to pieces.
1Sa_18:17 It is sometimes necessary for men to come forward in the ranks and "fight the LORD'S battles.
1Sa_25:28 Godly men fight the battles of the LORD
2Sa_1:18 After a crushing defeat to the Israelite armies of Saul, David commands that the children of Judah be well trained in the use of the bow in order to prevent such tragic instances in the future. He learned from his adversaries succesful military tactics.
2Sa_22:35 God taught warfare to David
2Sa_23:1-7 David's last words: Our rulers must be just and fear God and we must be fully armed to deal with the sons of Belial (the spirit of evil personified)
2Sa_23:8-39 David's farewell address to the valiant men who fought for Israel
1Ki_9:22 Many of the children of Israel were to be men of war
1Ch_5:22 There are just "wars of God"
1Ch_21:5 2Sa_24:9 Israel and Judah emphasized the need for men to be capable of wielding a sword (the people of God were numbered by the amount of able-bodied
Psa_149:6 Praise in your mouth, sword in your hand
Psa_18:34 God teaches his saints warfare
Psa_144:1 " "
Psa_149:4-9 The LORD takes pleasure in those who sing praises unto God & carry a twoedged sword
Psa_149:6-9 a twoedged sword in our hand
Psa_101:8 David vows to destroy the wicked in his land
Pro_25:26 The righteous are not to give way to the wicked
Ecc_3:3 Ecc_3:8 Time to kill, time for war
Jer_21:12 We are called to execute judgment
Jer_48:10 If you have a weapon, use it!
Neh_4:14 " " to fight to defend our families
Neh_4:16-18 The people of God rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem with swords ready at their sides
Neh_4:20-21 God will fight for us, but the Israelites were to run to the sound of the trumpet with their swords and spears at a ready.
Isa_21:5 Be ready for war
Isa_34:5 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea (Edom i.e. THE JEWS), and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.
Eze_9:1-2 Every man with a destroying weapon in their hand
--------------------------------------------------------------------

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
ZebraHug said:
Yup. Guns are in the same category as swords, spears, bows, etc, etc.
Swords, spears, and bows are primitive weapons. You can only modify or perfect them so much and THEY are (WHETHER YOU CHOSE TO ACCEPT IT OR NOT) in a completely different category and classification as guns. Guns are even classified differently. In case you don't know, there are different classifications of guns. There are hand guns, shotguns, rifles, machineguns, etc. all put in their respective categories.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/identification-of-nfa-firearms.html

Swords, spears, and bows are not only primitive weapons, they don't have a chamber that holds a cartridge with a primer in it that ignites a propellant called cordite or black powder that's able to repeatedly launch a projectile over 1200 fps long distances away. Weapons like bows, knives, and spears are all classified in their own respective categories. It takes a fool to classify guns in the same category as swords, spears, and bows. You're fitting in just fine.

You think too much like the radical right wing republican constitutionalist skinhead who tried to pick a fight with me telling me that I'm just as dangerous as he is bare handed while he's packing a 9ml.
It's not the nuclear weapon that can kill a million people. It's the guy who pushed the button! The button pusher didn't launch spears, swords, and arrows!
How can anybody in their right mind classify guns in the same category as spears, swords and arrows? OH! I know. They put gun ownership above logic and common sense! If that little guy in your avatar were killed by a nuke or an AK47 you wouldn't be classifying them in the same category as swords, spears, and bows. HOW FOOLISH FOR ANYONE TO DO SUCH A THING.

I don't know if anyone ever busted into a school killing dozens of people with primitive weapons. But I don't put it past people who classify guns with live rounds who think primitive weapons are in the same category. I'm not sure they're smart enough to know the difference.
I'm willing to continue exposing the foolishness of people who think like you do.........who continue to think like fools. AND I MEAN IT!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my favorite illogical arguments goes something like this: If banning
guns would save just one child's life, don't you think it would be worth it?

My answer of course is NO and the reason is: a well-armed citizenry is a
strong deterrent to both tyranny and foreign invasion. In other words; I
consider the lives of a handful of school children what the war lords call
"acceptable losses" towards a greater good; and in this case; the greater
good is homeland security.

Another of my favorite illogical arguments is: They didn't have assault
rifles back in the day when the second amendment was written.

My answer of course is yes they did. The musket of that day was that day's
assault rifle and had American citizens not possessed rifles equal to
British rifles, we today would be speaking with an accent and all have
crooked teeth. What I'm saying is: if America ever gets invaded by a foreign
power, I do not wish to counter the attack with a rolling pin, or a baseball
bat, or a shovel, or a kitchen knife, or a lug wrench, or a trap and skeet gun,
or a deer rifle. I want a rifle equal to the invader's rifle, just as America's early
patriots did-- rifle for rifle; whether it be a musket, a paint ball, a laser tag,
an M16, or an AK-47; I don't care which just so long as it's at the very least
as good as theirs.

Every able-bodied man and woman in America is a Minuteman; subject to
mustering on a moment's notice, and the US Constitution expects them to
show up for muster armed with privately owned weapons suitable for war.
Citizen soldiers have been the backbone of the American system of defense
from day-one. People who rely entirely upon government-provided defense
will likely end up defenseless when an invasion comes because the enlisted
military will have too much on their plate to be everywhere at once; and if
9-11 taught us anything at all; it's that America is not impervious to
invasion; and when it comes, I predict that every one of you weak-knee
sissies out there will be begging gun owners to loan you one so you can
shoot back.

You know, as I read Mr. Obama's comments about gun control in my local
newspaper, it makes me want to cry that America's commander in chief
hasn't a clue what it means to be a patriot; not a clue. My God! how did
America's oval office come to this?

Buen Camino
/

Reactions: biggandyy

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
kaoticprofit said:
RJP I want you to know that I'm with you on this but...

I wish that were the only answer but I don't think we can change the morals of a nation full of guns. So we have to do something else and I propose taking guns away from people who think the device they possess that they clasify in the same catagory as matches, drugs, pipewrenches, and drowning. They may not know that their guns do kill people since it uses a primer to ignite cordite or gun powder that launches a projectile at over 1000ft per second............................

I think you can see what I'm getting at!
Take guns away.....a simple answer? NOT SO SIMPLE. In Webster, NY a gunman shot 6 firemen. The gun man was a felon who could not legally own a gun, yet he somehow obtained one. That's in a state where gun possession and use is strictly regulated.

Take the guns away? I hate to reiterate the fact that when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. Why is this simple logical fact (now demonstrable in the recent news), overlooked? Wisdom and logic and common sense have left America.

Where justice does not live, violence will rule.

From the foundation of this country it has been necessary for decent people to arm themselves and defend themselves from the unbalanced, from criminals, and from the abuses of oppressive government. The enemies of liberty and common decency have arisen and now call for the disarmament of citizens.

America is a sick society. A nation that worships war must now drink the blood of its own people AND STILL AMERICA DOES NOT RETURN TO GOD! There is little left for honest law abiding citizens to do except arm themselves and pray that God will have mercy upon us.

Until and unless America repents of its sins, violence and despair will continue to visit our shores.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Reactions: Groundzero

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.

My son lost his best friend in high school by another teenager who took his gun out at a high school party and thought his gun didn't have any live rounds in it.
My mail man lost his maid of honor on the plane that hit the south tower on Sept. 11, 2001.

It wasn't the gun that killed my sons best friend. It was the person.

It wasn't the planes that killed almost 3000 people on Sept. 11, 2001. It was the pilots.

Take the guns and the planes out of the equasion and you remove the means by which these people were killed.
It's time I remove myself from this forum. There are too many idiots on board.
Bye. It's been quite an experience discussing things with people who are so disconnected from truth and reality.
I would say God Bless. But I don't want God to bless anyone who thinks guns don't kill people.

God bless everyone else.
This is my last post other than a PM to Hammerstone to remove me from this forum.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
You seem to believe the false dichotomy if there wasn't X then Y would not have happened. A rather narrow and naive view of life.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Interesting...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/24/Merry-Christmas-immigrants-Obama-Holder-push-to-loosen-alien-gun-sales-restrictions

Obama, Holder Push to Loosen Gun Sale Restrictions—for Legal Immigrants

holder-logo-ap-photo.jpg

While the shooting at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook Elementary School has prompted a national gun control debate, President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder will still push to allow immigrants to purchase firearms more easily.
Normally, the Department of Justice’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) requires legal aliens to live in a state for 90 days before buying a gun. The ATF does this through a rule attached to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
In June, Holder’s DOJ proposed to eliminate that 90-day residency requirement rule.
This rule would finalize the interim final rule published on June 7, 2012 by removing the 90-day State residency requirement for aliens lawfully present in the United States to purchase or acquire a firearm,” the proposal to eliminate that requirement reads in part. “The Department has determined that the Gun Control Act does not permit ATF to impose a regulatory requirement that aliens lawfully present in the United States are subject to a 90-day State residency requirement when such a requirement is not applicable to U.S. citizens.”
The move to allow aliens easier access to firearms is now in its final stages.
The new rule is expected to reach its final stages in April 2013. That means it will either pass or be discarded.
The mass shootings nationwide over the past year, including the one at Sandy Hook elementary school, have not stopped Holder and Obama from pushing to make it easier for aliens to get guns.
While the administration makes it easier for legal aliens to get guns, Obama, Holder, and congressional Democrats have expressed a desire to restrict gun sales to American citizens.
In the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting, Obama has called for the reinstatement of the “Assault Weapons Ban” that President Bill Clinton’s administration passed in the 1990s. The “Assault Weapons Ban” expired during President George W. Bush’s administration.
"Like the majority of Americans, I believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms," Obama said last week. “It's encouraging that many gun owners have stepped up this week to say there are steps we can take to prevent more tragedies like the one in Newtown."
"Here's what I think we should do,” Obama added. “This week I called on Congress to take up and pass common-sense legislation that has the support of the majority of the American people, including banning the sale of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips, and making sure criminals can't take advantage of legal loopholes to get their hands on a gun."

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
kaoticprofit said:
You think too much like the radical right wing republican constitutionalist skinhead who tried to pick a fight with me telling me that I'm just as dangerous as he is bare handed while he's packing a 9ml.
It's not the nuclear weapon that can kill a million people. It's the guy who pushed the button! The button pusher didn't launch spears, swords, and arrows!
How can anybody in their right mind classify guns in the same category as spears, swords and arrows? OH! I know. They put gun ownership above logic and common sense! If that little guy in your avatar were killed by a nuke or an AK47 you wouldn't be classifying them in the same category as swords, spears, and bows. HOW FOOLISH FOR ANYONE TO DO SUCH A THING.

I don't know if anyone ever busted into a school killing dozens of people with primitive weapons. But I don't put it past people who classify guns with live rounds who think primitive weapons are in the same category. I'm not sure they're smart enough to know the difference.
I'm willing to continue exposing the foolishness of people who think like you do.........who continue to think like fools. AND I MEAN IT!
I don't know how many computer games you play, but one thing I know, is that no matter how GOOD or POWERFUL the weapon you have is, if you don't know how to use it properly, it's useless.

The most DANGEROUS weapon of all time is our mind. Even atom bombs have weakness. So do assault rifles. They're not the invincible monsters that you are making them out to be. If guns WERE the all-time clincher weapon, then why the hell does the special forces still use knives? Guns are guns. They fire projectiles. They're a type of weapon just like swords, knives, spears, bombs.

kaoticprofit said:
The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.

My son lost his best friend in high school by another teenager who took his gun out at a high school party and thought his gun didn't have any live rounds in it.
My mail man lost his maid of honor on the plane that hit the south tower on Sept. 11, 2001.

It wasn't the gun that killed my sons best friend. It was the person.

It wasn't the planes that killed almost 3000 people on Sept. 11, 2001. It was the pilots.

Take the guns and the planes out of the equasion and you remove the means by which these people were killed.
It's time I remove myself from this forum. There are too many idiots on board.
Bye. It's been quite an experience discussing things with people who are so disconnected from truth and reality.
I would say God Bless. But I don't want God to bless anyone who thinks guns don't kill people.

God bless everyone else.
This is my last post other than a PM to Hammerstone to remove me from this forum.
Hehe. I think I could quite aptly flip it around and say the same thing, but what the heck? My friends who hardly study the outside events, etc, put up a FAR better argument for banning firearms than you did.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
AN EMAIL I RECEIVED AND AGREE WITH... PASS IT ON IF YOU WISH.

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !! Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good &evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact.
What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws.
Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him.
To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!
My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
- Darrell Scott
Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.
God Bless

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Unfortunately, as transcripts of the proceedings demonstrate, Darrell Scott did make the statement attributed to him in the account reproduced above, but virtually everything framing his statement in that account is false. Mr. Scott wasn't speaking to national leaders present at a "special session of Congress," people who were "not prepared for what he was to say" and "did not receive it well." He was simply one of eight people who presented statements to a small House subcommittee meeting in an office building; his statement wasn't received differently than any of the others and didn't prompt outrage from an unreceptive audience.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/scott.asp