Response to how is it a terrible...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be specific and what it is about the Christian Faith you reject too!

I don’t think it’s long robes.

there can only be one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
Matt 26:18 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23

only one catholic and divine faith revealed by God thru christ and His holy church. Eph 4:5

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it is a sermon methodology?
Post threads, collect replies, draft a sermon based on thread topic and the responses of the church?

Joel Osteen compiles his sermons after a time and then writes a book using thise collected sermons. This happens about once a year of so.

This thread making could be another sermon method by a different pastor.
Just a thought.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:11 . . Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord
The Greek word translated "knowing" means to know firsthand, viz: by
experience rather than by education and/or instruction.

In other words; there were incidents at various times in the lives of Paul and
his contemporaries when God frightened them, i.e. scared 'em out of their
wits.

I have been challenged on occasion as to how I know for sure that my
religion is true. Well; there's nothing like a good old fashioned close
encounter of a third kind to convince even the most resistant skeptics; and
Paul's history attests that his was a really stubborn case.

Of course if any of us were to claim to "know" the terror of the Lord, we'd be
singled out as kooks and crackpots; but for some of us, fright is the only
persuasion that works.
_

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

only one catholic and divine faith revealed by God thru christ and His holy church. Eph 4:5

I have nothing against true Christianity so I have nothing against the true church. I do however have something against a people who say they're true Christians or that they're the true church but are not, when in actuality they're the weeds Jesus spoke of and therefore they belong to the false church.
How are we to understand the words: “You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church”? To understand scripture correctly, we need to read its context. What were Jesus and Peter speaking about? Jesus had just asked his disciples: “Who do you say that I am?” Without hesitation, Peter answered: “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” With that, Jesus commended Peter and then added that he would build his “church,” or congregation, on an even more solid “rock,” the one in whom Peter had just expressed faith in, Jesus himself. Matthew 16:15-18.
Consistent with this, many of the “Church Fathers” wrote that the rock of Matthew 16:18 is Christ. For example, Augustine in the fifth century wrote: “The Lord said: ‘On this rock-mass I will build my Church,’ because Peter had told him: ‘You are the Christ the Son of the living God.’ It is therefore on this rock-mass, that you confessed, that I will build my Church.” Augustine repeatedly stated that “the Rock (Petra) was Christ.”

Augustine and others would be considered heretics if judged according to current Catholic doctrine. In fact, according to Swiss theologian Ulrich Luz, the consensus of opinion on this subject among Bible scholars today would have been condemned by the 1870 Vatican Council as heresy.

The title “pope” was unknown to the apostle Peter. In fact, until the ninth century, many non-Roman bishops applied the title to themselves. Even so, the term was rarely applied as an official title until the late 11th century. In addition, no early Christian thought that a primacy supposedly given to Peter had been transmitted to any successors. Hence, German scholar Martin Hengel concluded that there is “no demonstrable historical and theological way to arrive at what later became papal ‘primacy.’”

In conclusion: Was Peter the first pope? Did he have any successors? Is the Catholic dogma of papal primacy Scripturally valid? The only correct answer to each question is a simple no. Nevertheless, the fact remains that Jesus unquestionably did build his church, his true congregation, upon himself. Ephesians 2:20. For each one of us, then, the important question is, Have I found that true congregation?

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have nothing against true Christianity so I have nothing against the true church. I do however have something against a people who say they're true Christians or that they're the true church but are not, when in actuality they're the weeds Jesus spoke of and therefore they belong to the false church.
How are we to understand the words: “You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church”? To understand scripture correctly, we need to read its context. What were Jesus and Peter speaking about? Jesus had just asked his disciples: “Who do you say that I am?” Without hesitation, Peter answered: “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” With that, Jesus commended Peter and then added that he would build his “church,” or congregation, on an even more solid “rock,” the one in whom Peter had just expressed faith in, Jesus himself. Matthew 16:15-18.
Consistent with this, many of the “Church Fathers” wrote that the rock of Matthew 16:18 is Christ. For example, Augustine in the fifth century wrote: “The Lord said: ‘On this rock-mass I will build my Church,’ because Peter had told him: ‘You are the Christ the Son of the living God.’ It is therefore on this rock-mass, that you confessed, that I will build my Church.” Augustine repeatedly stated that “the Rock (Petra) was Christ.”

Augustine and others would be considered heretics if judged according to current Catholic doctrine. In fact, according to Swiss theologian Ulrich Luz, the consensus of opinion on this subject among Bible scholars today would have been condemned by the 1870 Vatican Council as heresy.

The title “pope” was unknown to the apostle Peter. In fact, until the ninth century, many non-Roman bishops applied the title to themselves. Even so, the term was rarely applied as an official title until the late 11th century. In addition, no early Christian thought that a primacy supposedly given to Peter had been transmitted to any successors. Hence, German scholar Martin Hengel concluded that there is “no demonstrable historical and theological way to arrive at what later became papal ‘primacy.’”

In conclusion: Was Peter the first pope? Did he have any successors? Is the Catholic dogma of papal primacy Scripturally valid? The only correct answer to each question is a simple no. Nevertheless, the fact remains that Jesus unquestionably did build his church, his true congregation, upon himself. Ephesians 2:20. For each one of us, then, the important question is, Have I found that true congregation?
If you, being a JW, believe Jesus was raised not physically, that he had no physical body at the resurrection, but was resurrected spiritually from the grave, how do you explain the empty tomb?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you, being a JW, believe Jesus was raised not physically, that he had no physical body at the resurrection, but was resurrected spiritually from the grave, how do you explain the empty tomb?

I will explain the empty tomb, but let me ask some questions. Explain to me why Mary Magdalene thought Jesus was the gardener at the tomb after Jesus was resurrected. She knew Jesus well and in three days she forgets what Jesus looks like, I don't buy that. Also when Jesus was laid in his tomb he was only wearing bandages yet when he appeared to Mary Magdalene he was fully clothed and the bandages were in the tomb. Also when Jesus was resurrected why is it the guards saw the Angel that moves the stone cover at the tomb but not Jesus. Why is it that Jesus could appear into a room with all the windows and doors closed. Why is it that the only ones who saw Jesus after his resurrection is believers, no unbeliever saw Jesus after his resurrection.

The physical body of Jesus Christ was not allowed to decay into dust as did the bodies of Moses and David, men who were used to foreshadow Christ.

When his disciples went to the tomb early on the first day of the week, Jesus’ body had disappeared, and the bandages with which his body had been wrapped were left in the tomb, his body having been disintegrated without passing through the process of decaying.
Jesus was resurrected as a spirit 1 Peter 3:18. After his resurrection, Jesus was able to materialize a body for each particular occasion as the angels did in past times.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will explain the empty tomb, but let me ask some questions. Explain to me why Mary Magdalene thought Jesus was the gardener at the tomb after Jesus was resurrected. She knew Jesus well and in three days she forgets what Jesus looks like, I don't buy that. Also when Jesus was laid in his tomb he was only wearing bandages yet when he appeared to Mary Magdalene he was fully clothed and the bandages were in the tomb. Also when Jesus was resurrected why is it the guards saw the Angel that moves the stone cover at the tomb but not Jesus. Why is it that Jesus could appear into a room with all the windows and doors closed. Why is it that the only ones who saw Jesus after his resurrection is believers, no unbeliever saw Jesus after his resurrection.

The physical body of Jesus Christ was not allowed to decay into dust as did the bodies of Moses and David, men who were used to foreshadow Christ.

When his disciples went to the tomb early on the first day of the week, Jesus’ body had disappeared, and the bandages with which his body had been wrapped were left in the tomb, his body having been disintegrated without passing through the process of decaying.
Jesus was resurrected as a spirit 1 Peter 3:18. After his resurrection, Jesus was able to materialize a body for each particular occasion as the angels did in past times.
Mary thought Jesus was dead and expected to find him dead in the tomb, as did the other disciples. When Mary heard Jesus speak to her, she stiIl believed Jesus was dead and someone had taken His body. Her tears obviously clouded her ability to see. When Jesus said "Mary", it obviously triggered a familiarity in Mary that she knew how Jesus said her name because she knew immediately then it was Jesus. She then physically CLUNG TO HIM, which prompted Jesus to tell her not to cling to Him.

As to all of your other doubts and "why this" and "why that", it is simple, except brainwashed cultists and atheists will not see or understand, and that is this: Jesus is God, and God can do all things. God can cause what HE wants and prevent what HE WANTS. God can cause a donkey to speak a human language and cause fire to come down from the sky and consume water soaked wood and the water trough below it. God knows your very thoughts. God can produce plagues that kill only the targeted first born and save all others. God can heal the leper, give sight to the blind, make the lame walk, and the dumb to speak, and forgive the sins of all that believe in HIM. God - the Word - created all things seen and unseen. God is able, and Jesus is God.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been challenged on occasion as to how I know for sure that my
religion is true. Well; there's nothing like a good old fashioned close
encounter of a third kind to convince even the most resistant skeptics; and
Paul's history attests that his was a really stubborn case.

Of course if any of us were to claim to "know" the terror of the Lord, we'd be
singled out as kooks and crackpots; but for some of us, fright is the only
persuasion that works.

very interesting

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary thought Jesus was dead and expected to find him dead in the tomb, as did the other disciples. When Mary heard Jesus speak to her, she stiIl believed Jesus was dead and someone had taken His body. Her tears obviously clouded her ability to see. When Jesus said "Mary", it obviously triggered a familiarity in Mary that she knew how Jesus said her name because she knew immediately then it was Jesus. She then physically CLUNG TO HIM, which prompted Jesus to tell her not to cling to Him.

As to all of your other doubts and "why this" and "why that", it is simple, except brainwashed cultists and atheists will not see or understand, and that is this: Jesus is God, and God can do all things. God can cause what HE wants and prevent what HE WANTS. God can cause a donkey to speak a human language and cause fire to come down from the sky and consume water soaked wood and the water trough below it. God knows your very thoughts. God can produce plagues that kill only the targeted first born and save all others. God can heal the leper, give sight to the blind, make the lame walk, and the dumb to speak, and forgive the sins of all that believe in HIM. God - the Word - created all things seen and unseen. God is able, and Jesus is God.

You can deceive yourself with that explanation why Mary Magdalene didn't recognize Jesus but I don't buy it, especially when you include all the other times Jesus appeared to his Apostles and disciples.
It's obvious you think it's wrong for anyone to use their brain.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can deceive yourself with that explanation why Mary Magdalene didn't recognize Jesus but I don't buy it, especially when you include all the other times Jesus appeared to his Apostles and disciples.
It's obvious you think it's wrong for anyone to use their brain.
I'm going to ignore you, sir, because you are not a follower of Jesus Christ. You reject the deity of Christ when the holy scriptures clearly point to Jesus's deity. Get out of your cult and destroy you NWT and get a KJV or equivalent. Good bye.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to ignore you, sir, because you are not a follower of Jesus Christ. You reject the deity of Christ when the holy scriptures clearly point to Jesus's deity. Get out of your cult and destroy you NWT and get a KJV or equivalent. Good bye.

That's what you want to do, then do so.
You can think what you want of me, it's those that deny it was the Only-Begotten Son of God that became human are the ones who exercise no faith.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

God Himself has identified His people in scripture. The church that He declares as true to Himself and to His will are described twice in the book of Revelation.
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

And what is the testimony of Jesus spoken of in Revelation 12:17?

KJV Revelation 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

There you have it. The remnant church, the remnant seed and final expression of God's people in the last days... Those who keep God's Commandments, have the same faith as Jesus, and have the spirit of prophecy.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Himself has identified His people in scripture. The church that He declares as true to Himself and to His will are described twice in the book of Revelation.
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

And what is the testimony of Jesus spoken of in Revelation 12:17?

KJV Revelation 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

There you have it. The remnant church, the remnant seed and final expression of God's people in the last days... Those who keep God's Commandments, have the same faith as Jesus, and have the spirit of prophecy.

These are faithful Catholics children of Mary rev 12:1 12:17 not rebellion of Protestants who reject Christ and his true church

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These are faithful Catholics children of Mary rev 12:1 12:17 not rebellion of Protestants who reject Christ and his true church
Catholics are children of the virgin also? Women in prophecy represent the church. This topology is repeated throughout scripture... No where does a woman in prophecy represent a specific woman. That pure woman in Revelation 12 represents the OT church, the faithful line of those children of Abraham who had the faith of Abraham and the hope of the Messiah. It was the line of faithful Jews, true Israel, that have birth to the Messiah. The woman after giving birth, then fled into the wilderness to escape persecution for 1260 years. You will find it difficult to prove Mary went anywhere for 1260 years... Or even days.

The Catholic Church teaches only 9 commandments of the original 10 plus an altered pagan inheritance.
There is no Spirit of prophecy in Catholicism.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics are children of the virgin also? Women in prophecy represent the church. This topology is repeated throughout scripture... No where does a woman in prophecy represent a specific woman. That pure woman in Revelation 12 represents the OT church, the faithful line of those children of Abraham who had the faith of Abraham and the hope of the Messiah. It was the line of faithful Jews, true Israel, that have birth to the Messiah. The woman after giving birth, then fled into the wilderness to escape persecution for 1260 years. You will find it difficult to prove Mary went anywhere for 1260 years... Or even days.

The Catholic Church teaches only 9 commandments of the original 10 plus an altered pagan inheritance.

Who is the child? Rev 12:2

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

yes Christians are Mary’s spiritual children and she obtained the grace for us to keep the commandments and have the testimony of Christ
Testimony refers to martyrdom btw

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who is the child? Rev 12:2
We're not talking about the child, we're talking about the symbolic woman of verse The child is the Messiah, the Son of God.
A woman clothed with the sun: Scripturally, this woman clothed with the sun should be identified with Israel, according to Joseph’s dream (Genesis 37:9-11). In that dream, the sun represented Jacob, the moon represented Joseph’s mother Rachel, and the eleven stars were the sons of Israel which bowed down to Joseph. In this sign with twelve stars, Joseph is now among the other tribes of Israel.

In other Old Testament passages, Israel (or Zion or Jerusalem) is often represented as a woman (Isaiah 54:1-6, Jeremiah 3:20, Ezekiel 16:8-14, and Hosea 2:19-20).

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes Christians are Mary’s spiritual children and she obtained the grace for us to keep the commandments and have the testimony of Christ
Testimony refers to martyrdom btw
Replacing Christ with anything or anyone is Antichrist. We are saved by grace through faith... That grace came comes through God, the Father giving His Son as a ransom for us.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Behold thy mother!

What does Behold in scripture mean?

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!
An awe inspiring declaration!

Behold thy mother!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.