Response to how is it a terrible...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am within scripture and following the teaching of Christ and his Apostles whether you believe that or not. Those who believe in counsels of men which state that doctrines such as the Trinity, hellfire and immortality of the Soul are scriptural are the ones who are the weeds and are in error. Matthew 16:18 is proof that you are in error because the rock that the true church is founded on is the greatest of all rocks Jesus Christ.

We know how Peter himself understood Jesus’ words, at Matthew 16:18. Growing up an Israelite, Peter was familiar with various Hebrew prophecies speaking of a “stone” or a “cornerstone.” Prophecies like Isaiah 8:13,14; and Isaiah 28:16, another is at Zechariah 3:9.
When he quoted one of these scriptures in a letter to his fellow believers, Peter explained at 1 Peter 2:4-8 that the prophesied “cornerstone” was the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah. Peter used the same greek term pe'tra the same word found in Jesus’ statement at Matthew 16:18 for Christ alone, Peter showed in scripture that the true church is founded on Jesus Christ.

how can you govern a church on a confession?
How can you administer a kingdom on a confession?
Joseph in his person administered the kingdom under pharaoh
Isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18
Peter in his person does so in Christ’s kingdom

you cannot give the keys of the kingdom to a confession!

Only a person not a confession can bind and loose!

peter and the apostles and their successors in the authority of Christ have bound on earth and therefore in heaven the divinity of Christ, the trinity, the immortal soul to the glory of God!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can you govern a church on a confession?
How can you administer a kingdom on a confession?
Joseph in his person administered the kingdom under pharaoh
Isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18
Peter in his person does so in Christ’s kingdom

you cannot give the keys of the kingdom to a confession!

Only a person not a confession can bind and loose!

peter and the apostles and their successors in the authority of Christ have bound on earth and therefore in heaven the divinity of Christ, the trinity, the immortal soul to the glory of God!
All this response means to me is that you don't believe the scriptures that tell us that Jesus Christ is the foundation and head of the true Church. That's your choice, but I don't put imperfect men before God, his Only Begotten Son or the inspired word of God that has been written down for our instruction.

Reactions: Taken

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this response means to me is that you don't believe the scriptures that tell us that Jesus Christ is the foundation and head of the true Church. That's your choice, but I don't put imperfect men before God, his Only Begotten Son or the inspired word of God that has been written down for our instruction.

so you’re saying Jesus is God?
Why don’t you obey him?

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you’re saying Jesus is God?
Why don’t you obey him?

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
You agree with those who twist things. Nowhere in scripture is it written down that Jesus is God. You just go by imperfect people interpretation of what is written down, I go by what God inspired men to write down, there's a difference. I believe what the scriptures say, that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. The Apostle Peter stated accurately that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God. This is what I believe that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You agree with those who twist things. Nowhere in scripture is it written down that Jesus is God. You just go by imperfect people interpretation of what is written down, I go by what God inspired men to write down, there's a difference. I believe what the scriptures say, that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. The Apostle Peter stated accurately that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God. This is what I believe that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God.

you said in reference to Christ you believe God not men

why not believe men they have the same mission power and authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23 even to forgive sin and reconciliation of sinners
Christ speaks thru them Lk 10:16

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Catholicism was founded by Peter and Christ, then why is it that Catholics are guided more by traditions than scripture? Call me crazy, but the apostle Peter didn't exactly share the Catholic view about man-made traditions being important or valuable:

"And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers," - 1 Pet. 1:17-18

Christ definitely didn't share this view either:

"He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with
their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ “For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do. He said to them, 'All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.'"

I never saw any passage(s) that says Christ or Peter established Catholicism as the true Christian religion, but i do see plenty of passages that disagrees with virtually everything Catholicism teaches. A logical person would think that whatever group claimed to be the church Christ built would do what He said in Matt. 4:4 about adhering solely to what is in the Bible.
I hate it when all they do is make posts and never respond
I can only speak for myself when i say i don't normally respond to posts aimed at me in a thread to avoid getting caught up in a war of words where nobody is going to change their position. I've been in enough of those to know they are a gigantic waste of energy and time. If someone has a problem with my beliefs enough to argue about them, they're free to ignore it and go about their day.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Catholicism was founded by Peter and Christ, then why is it that Catholics are guided more by traditions than scripture? Call me crazy, but the apostle Peter didn't exactly share the Catholic view about man-made traditions being important or valuable:

"And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers," - 1 Pet. 1:17-18

"He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with
their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ “For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do. He said to them, 'All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.'"

I never saw any passage(s) that says Christ or Peter established Catholicism as the true Christian religion, but i do see plenty of passages that disagrees with virtually everything Catholicism teaches. A logical person would think that whatever group claimed to be the church Christ built would do what He said in Matt. 4:4 about adhering solely to what is in the Bible.
I can only speak for myself when i say i don't normally respond to posts aimed at me in a thread to avoid getting caught up in a war of words where nobody is going to change their position. I've been in enough of those to know they are a gigantic waste of energy and time. If someone has a problem with my beliefs enough to argue about them, they're free to ignore it and go about their day.
Corruption is the key to all that.
All Churches denominations have corruption within that lead all astray.
I remember one case of St Frances said about one Priest that contacted Rome and talked about his Treasure ? and out came one from Rome and he asked were is this treasure ? and the Priest pointed to his congregation as his Treasure in fact, well he was roasted alive on a fire.
The one from Rome was looking for riches like any carnal no hopper, but that Priest who was murdered like that by such a one, truly did have a Treasure indeed.

Such is the case with all people within any religious denomination, we see the same with the Jews, in the Biblical Vineyard story, who took it over with no regards to God.

We see with money and power the people who sell people out, the Bible points out that even brothers sold out one brother for Silver and then one sold Jesus Out for Silver. could it be that Such people are not worthy of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you simply confuse what is meant by tradition

not mere human tradition, not tradition of men like those under king James who arbitrarily without any authority from Christ decides what is and what is not scripture like the beautiful story of faith of Susana dan 13 but by tradition is divine revelation the inspired word of God handed down to us by the apostles or the teaching authority of the apostles Matt 28:19
Examples
1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

here Paul has divine not man made trade
As I received / I delivered made known by word of mouth

Lk 3:2 the word of the Lord cane unto John
How? By what book chapter and verse

remember scripture and tradition or teaching authority of Christ thru his apostles Jn 8:32 and 16:13 show the teaching of the apostles is free from error
Acts 2:42 not Bible alone but doctrine of the apostles

we must be taught
We must be taught by Christ
Thru his church of the apostles

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Susana dan 13
You need a new story... you have been dragging this one out for weeks.

I think you are wanting to provoke people because Dan is not in the protestant bible. Either that or you are looking to increase the sale of Catholic bibles. Are you making a commission off this??? LOL

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I think you are wanting to provoke people because Dan is not in the protestant bible. Either that or you are looking to increase the sale of Catholic bibles. Are you making a commission off this??? LOL
Everywhere I go on this forum and see you, there is one common thread: you are mouthy! Lol

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everywhere I go on this forum and see you, there is one common thread: you are mouthy! Lol
I call it being humorous with hues of sarcasm sprinkled here and there... like fairy dust... but if you want to call it mouthy... that is ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be specific and what it is about the Christian Faith you reject too!

OP ^

Nothing whatsoever IS terrible About Gods Gift of FAITH.

What IS terrible IS; men DICTATING ONLY "particular" organized and named religious organizations and the members of such organizations...
HAVE exclusive Access to RECEIVE Gods Gift of Faith

Gods GIFT OF FAITH, IS a Gift that BELONGS TO GOD ALONE... FOR HIM ALONE TO GIVE TO WHOM, HE Pleases.

Men preaching, A man MUST be a member of a man-made organization, "as a condition" to RECEIVE Gods Gift of FAITH...
IS False; IS Terrible!

A simple little lesson;
A single malefactor, crucified on the same day as Jesus, hanging next to Jesus....
...has ZERO teaching of that malefactor, having ANY association of membership, with ANY Temple, ANY Church, ANY man-made Organization whatsoever....YET, that day, that same malefactor...Received...
Gods GIFT of SALVATION.

BUNK...open ears...
Catholicism, Protestantism, man-made Temples, man-made Church Buildings, man-appointed Priests, clerics, men....DO NOT SAVE MEN!
* Men, anywhere, anyplace, are SAVED...BY Receiving..."Gods GIFT" of SALVATION.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol!
God provides this story to increase our faith and trust in Him!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Nothing whatsoever IS terrible About Gods Gift of FAITH.

What IS terrible IS; men DICTATING ONLY "particular" organized and named religious organizations and the members of such organizations...
HAVE exclusive Access to RECEIVE Gods Gift of Faith

Gods GIFT OF FAITH, IS a Gift that BELONGS TO GOD ALONE... FOR HIM ALONE TO GIVE TO WHOM, HE Pleases.

Men preaching, A man MUST be a member of a man-made organization, "as a condition" to RECEIVE Gods Gift of FAITH...
IS False; IS Terrible!

A simple little lesson;
A single malefactor, crucified on the same day as Jesus, hanging next to Jesus....
...has ZERO teaching of that malefactor, having ANY association of membership, with ANY Temple, ANY Church, ANY man-made Organization whatsoever....YET, that day, that same malefactor...Received...
Gods GIFT of SALVATION.

BUNK...open ears...
Catholicism, Protestantism, man-made Temples, man-made Church Buildings, man-appointed Priests, clerics, men....DO NOT SAVE MEN!
* Men, anywhere, anyplace, are SAVED...BY Receiving..."Gods GIFT" of SALVATION.

nice rant but let’s go with scripture

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Be specific and what it is about the Christian Faith you reject too!

I don’t think it’s long robes.

there can only be one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
Matt 26:18 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23

only one catholic and divine faith revealed by God thru christ and His holy church. Eph 4:5

The one Church is founded by Christ on Christ and the gospel which he and the apostles preached.