Resurrected glory question?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What type of body will you have in the resurrection

• Physical

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Spiritual

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. Correct. So the ENTIRE Fullness of Deity IN THE FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY OF THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT present and dwelling bodily in Jesus Christ TRIUMPHANTLY SUFFERED AND DIED THE DEATH OF DEATH. To God alone all glory!

How good is it when we sing God's praises in the same language.
Paul sums it up quite well in timothy . Peep at the third chapter verse sixteen .
Yep . Great is the mystery of Godliness . GOD was manifest in the flesh .....................
YEP . SING TO THE GLORIOUS KING EVERYONE . IF JESUS SAID IT , GOD SAID IT .

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus is a man, possessing a human soul, housed in a physical body that eats, can be handled, touched and felt by other physical beings. Jesus is still male, son of Mary and God. Jesus is NOW in heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father. Which is a "first"...

Jesus is God.

No man, before or since, has been presented to the Father in human flesh....but

1 John 3:2 NASB — Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Amen halleluYAH

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, this might be case of semantics, I trust that you understood my point though, that no resurrection has taken place, nor Judgment Day. Thus, he saw no one that ever lived on earth, walking around in heaven.
But, honestly, maybe our disagreement is not semantics, I'm not entirely sure that I understood your depiction of heaven? Is it here on earth right now, or once we enter into God's rest?
We need to also remember what paul was telling the church .
That some were preaching that the ressurection IS PAST already and over throw the faith of some .
BUT never the less the foundation of GOD stands sure . Folks while its true we have experienced a new birth
OH there is still a ressurection DAY a coming .
OH YES . Sing to the KING .

Reactions: DNB

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus retained His wounds. The spear penetration in His side is still big enough for a human hand to be inserted into. His nail scars probable with a human finger.

Jesus does not have a flesh and blood body any more. But His body is still very physical. Compatible with this 3 dimensional realm. His very physical body is also wholly compatible with the realms of spirit, the various heavens. He descended to the lowest realm of spirits (Hades) and to the lowest part of Hades (Tartarus, the Abyss)

#28 After 3 days, the power of God through the Spirit, clothed Him with a new body Hades could not hold. From there, He ascended far above the highest heaven, that Father might display proof that He IS Lord of All Creation, present and future

#29 On His way up, He cleared out Hades, the rigtheous dead who died in faith before the cross, gave gifts to men, stopped and poured out HIS OWN BLOOD on the Heavenly Mercy Seat, of which the earthly temple's mercy seat was a mere shadow. Thus performing His first act as our great High Priest after the Order of Melchizidek.

The New Covenant was confirmed, the priesthood administering it changed,, the sins of the whole world, past, present and future were "paid in full". Father's Justice was satisfied by the ONLY thing that could satisfy it besides an eye for an eye.....the mercy of our great King of all kings

#30 His body is now sustained, not by life in blood, He has none. It is now "powered...enlivened" by the glory of God...the shekina. What was a circulatory system carrying material made of clay, is now more analogous to a network of fiber optics....and so shall we be....IF we suffer with Him

#31 His body is now sustained, not by life in blood, He has none. It is now "powered...enlivened" by the glory of God...the shekina. What was a circulatory system carrying material made of clay, is now more analogous to a network of fiber optics....and so shall we be....IF we suffer with Him

#32 His body is now flesh and bone (not flesh and blood). And the "substance" of it, is from heaven, not earth. He is able to enter ALL realms, physical and spiritual, IN this new body. This body can walk through physical walls, and be transported great physical distances instantly. It is COMPATIBLE with three dimensional physics, but not bound by them

#33 2 Corinthians 5:4 NASB — For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life.

No Scripture and Scripture abuse and mutilating against Truth in any form or manner. That is, RUBBISH -- BLASPHEMY!
‘Earburner’ under yet another FALSE IDENTITY, COWARD!

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered that those humans who are Jesus disciples and are righteous that some of those who are righteous and resurrected will get immortal spiritual bodies and be kings, priests and judges ruling over Earth in heaven, in that Messianic kingdom Jesus has been made king of and others will get resurrected with mortal bodies on Earth who will live forever on paradise earth.
Did Kingdom Hall teach you that JW's will rule over the rest of us?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to also remember what paul was telling the church .
That some were preaching that the ressurection IS PAST already and over throw the faith of some .
BUT never the less the foundation of GOD stands sure . Folks while its true we have experienced a new birth
OH there is still a ressurection DAY a coming .
OH YES . Sing to the KING .
Preterists are going to be SHOCKED!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture and Scripture abuse and mutilating against Truth in any form or manner. That is, RUBBISH -- BLASPHEMY!
‘Earburner’ under yet another FALSE IDENTITY, COWARD!

I'm not sure what you objected to so strongly. I did not quote chapter and verse because I assumed this audience was familiar enough with ther Word to be familiar with the passages i alluded to. But for your benefit:

John 20:27 NKJV — Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is MUCH available to us, in Him, which we have so far failed to mature into. Things NOT available to us as individuals, but as this mystery of a corporate Body - the spiritual extension of His resurrection body, consisting of "many members", one with Him and one with each other in Him (John 17).

He is VERY focused in this hour on bringing us into the promised maturity described in Ephesians 4.

It is this mysterious corporate body, with Him as the sole Head, fully matured into a manifestation of ALL that He is, whose feet will finally, permanently crush the serpent's head.

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it here on earth right now, or once we enter into God's rest?
Many people hold a vague concept of Heaven. "It's somewhere above", and that's as far as we think about it. But what does that mean, above where? On another planet? Maybe it's like a spaceship floating in outer space? I believe Heaven is like God, a mystery. We are monotheistic, but we believe in one God in three Persons. How can God be in Heaven and on Earth at the same time? How can God be in Heaven and within you at the same time. It is the same with Heaven. Heaven does not comply with human understanding - it's not in one place, like God is not in one place. Heaven also transcends time. The kingdom of God is within us, presently, but it is also somewhere in the future. Heaven is a place that is not on Earth, but it is also a place on Earth (within you). Heaven is something we will experience in the future, but it is also something that we experience today. God's rest is something we can enter today and something we enter in the future. God's understanding is not man's understanding. Human concepts of space and time limit our reasoning, but God's universe cannot accurately be defined by human reasoning.

Sometimes, we enter God's rest. we do not care about money in the future, for instance. We have complete faith that we will be fed like the birds of the air are fed - no striving for money to buy food, we become completely at rest from striving to feed our self or our family. At these times, we are living a life equivalent to the life we will lead in Heaven. This is similar to Jesus' attitude toward money and food while on Earth, and similar to what He taught His disciples - "take no money or food with you". Complete trust that God will supply all our needs. Few of us ever live this kind of life for more than a few minutes, we all depend upon ourselves to save for the our future. This is the human thing to do and it is the pragmatic thing to do. In fact, it is considered foolish to follow Jesus' words and not trust ourselves and make plans for the future to avoid poverty. But, as long as we fret about feeding ourselves in the future, we have wavered from Jesus' reminder (God's rest) to face life like the birds of the air, "who neither sow nor reap, nor gather into barns, yet your Heavenly Father feeds them."

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many people hold a vague concept of Heaven. "It's somewhere above", and that's as far as we think about it. But what does that mean, above where? On another planet? Maybe it's like a spaceship floating in outer space? I believe Heaven is like God, a mystery. We are monotheistic, but we believe in one God in three Persons. How can God be in Heaven and on Earth at the same time? How can God be in Heaven and within you at the same time. It is the same with Heaven. Heaven does not comply with human understanding - it's not in one place, like God is not in one place. Heaven also transcends time. The kingdom of God is within us, presently, but it is also somewhere in the future. Heaven is a place that is not on Earth, but it is also a place on Earth (within you). Heaven is something we will experience in the future, but it is also something that we experience today. God's rest is something we can enter today and something we enter in the future. God's understanding is not man's understanding. Human concepts of space and time limit our reasoning, but God's universe cannot accurately be defined by human reasoning.

Sometimes, we enter God's rest. we do not care about money in the future, for instance. We have complete faith that we will be fed like the birds of the air are fed - no striving for money to buy food, we become completely at rest from striving to feed our self or our family. At these times, we are living a life equivalent to the life we will lead in Heaven. This is similar to Jesus' attitude toward money and food while on Earth, and similar to what He taught His disciples - "take no money or food with you". Complete trust that God will supply all our needs. Few of us ever live this kind of life for more than a few minutes, we all depend upon ourselves to save for the our future. This is the human thing to do and it is the pragmatic thing to do. In fact, it is considered foolish to follow Jesus' words and not trust ourselves and make plans for the future to avoid poverty. But, as long as we fret about feeding ourselves in the future, we have wavered from Jesus' reminder (God's rest) to face life like the birds of the air, "who neither sow nor reap, nor gather into barns, yet your Heavenly Father feeds them."
Ok, I see, yes, when man contemplates on God's Word, we do become removed from the world and start to experience the peace and joy that we anticipate we will have in heaven. Personally, I might not equate that as heaven for the sake of this argument, as whatever inner peace that we could possibly experience here on earth, while in these decaying bodies, amongst the utter tragedies and atrocities that are committed every day, is very far removed from the full experience of heaven. As Paul said, we cannot imagine what glory God has in store for those who love Him. IN other words, for the sake of this argument, I would never call earth heaven, not while this world is under the powers of the prince of darkness, despite what joy a man can elicit from his personal meditation and reverence towards God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is MUCH available to us, in Him, which we have so far failed to mature into. Things NOT available to us as individuals, but as this mystery of a corporate Body - the spiritual extension of His resurrection body, consisting of "many members", one with Him and one with each other in Him (John 17).

He is VERY focused in this hour on bringing us into the promised maturity described in Ephesians 4.

It is this mysterious corporate body, with Him as the sole Head, fully matured into a manifestation of ALL that He is, whose feet will finally, permanently crush the serpent's head.
@Jostler er In principle, the victory has already been achieved, indeed; 1 Corinthians 15.57

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always been fascinated with the resurrection. So I have a question. Will we be resurrected in the same body you lived here on earth? Consider this:

1 Corinthians 15:41-44

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
I believe we will be like Adam and Eve were before they sinned....
When God found them hiding and they confessed He chastised them....made them skins to cover their nakedness....not clothes....literal skin...what covered them before? I believe it was His Glory.....they were spirits....This is my humble opinion.

Reactions: dev553344

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe we will be like Adam and Eve were before they sinned....
When God found them hiding and they confessed He chastised them....made them skins to cover their nakedness....not clothes....literal skin...what covered them before? I believe it was His Glory.....they were spirits....This is my humble opinion.
@Heart2Soul More than innocence - which was dispensationally the state of Adam and Eve - the believer is clothes in the righteousness of God (Romans 3), with Christ made unto us 'wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption' (1 Corinthians 1.30).

"When I stand before the throne
Dressed in beauty not my own,
When I see Thee as Thou art,
Love Thee with unsinning heart;
Then, Lord, shall I fully know,
Not till then, how much I owe."

(Robert Murray M'Cheyne)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul More than innocence - which was dispensationally the state of Adam and Eve - the believer is clothes in the righteousness of God (Romans 3), with Christ made unto us 'wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption' (1 Corinthians 1.30).

"When I stand before the throne
Dressed in beauty not my own,
When I see Thee as Thou art,
Love Thee with unsinning heart;
Then, Lord, shall I fully know,
Not till then, how much I owe."

(Robert Murray M'Cheyne)
Awesome! Well then that clarifies what they were clothed with before they sinned! Righteousness and His Glory!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Jostler Such a blessing we have the Scriptures to enlighten us...

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flesh is flesh whether of flesh or bone or blood OR WHATEVER IS FLESH.

Stating the obvious. Your point is? *puzzled*

Luke 24:39 NKJV — “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm not sure what you objected to so strongly. I did not quote chapter and verse because I assumed this audience was familiar enough with ther Word to be familiar with the passages i alluded to. But for your benefit:

John 20:27 NKJV — Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

I perfectly understand what you mean, though! You conclude that because Thomas could put his finger through Jesus' hands the supposed wounds were still gaping wide yet no blood flowed from them BECAUSE JESUS HAD SHED ALL THE BLOOD HE USED TO HAVE BEFORE THE WOUNDS. Well, that is what you as a Roman Catholic pope worshipper allege, with no Scripture, in fact AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD IN ALL AGES.