Retiring to a warm, safe, conservative area: Florida, Texas, or Arizona?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read that a lot of people were leaving CA and heading to TX for the lower prices. I saw the small retirement homes they have for seniors - they're pretty nice. We stayed in Redondo Beach before. TX is supposed to be the state where your money will go the furthest. I would love to retire to Palm Springs but I'm afraid of running out of money in retirement.
This is a pretty good site to checkout, with all the different tax rates: State-by-State Guide to Taxes on Retirees

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Is Plant city nice? Any problems with sinkholes?
it seems pretty nice to me, my uncle loves it, used to live here in Ft Myers. Def conservative, i think they go to Inverness, right up the road, to shop. Sinkholes i don't know, but that's prolly more a problem down here too? Erin Brockovich was just here about our water, pretty bad right now, but they are out of the Lake Okeechobee watershed up there. Plant City has a lot going for it imo, just north enough, just inland enough, just far enough from the freeway, etc

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it seems pretty nice to me, my uncle loves it, used to live here in Ft Myers. Def conservative, i think they go to Inverness, right up the road, to shop. Sinkholes i don't know, but that's prolly more a problem down here too? Erin Brockovich was just here about our water, pretty bad right now, but they are out of the Lake Okeechobee watershed up there. Plant City has a lot going for it imo, just north enough, just inland enough, just far enough from the freeway, etc

Are you in FL? I was looking around Plant City. The water is bad EVERYWHERE. We owned a water filter company and I used to do research and write articles on it - anyone who doesn't use reverse osmosis is risking their health. They found hormones in the water and male fish developed ovaries with eggs. Women take hormones then urinate and it goes through the system and the hormones aren't removed from city filtering. We have a 6-stage filtration and those filters turn mud brown in months. There are parasite cysts and every manner of filth you can imagine in city water.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Are you in FL? I was looking around Plant City. The water is bad EVERYWHERE. We owned a water filter company and I used to do research and write articles on it - anyone who doesn't use reverse osmosis is risking their health. They found hormones in the water and male fish developed ovaries with eggs. Women take hormones then urinate and it goes through the system and the hormones aren't removed from city filtering. We have a 6-stage filtration and those filters turn mud brown in months. There are parasite cysts and every manner of filth you can imagine in city water.
generally speaking, no doubt, but i meant to comment on the recreational water specifically, pretty much everyone down here consumes RO i think. But the red tide and blue-green algae make the shore uninhabitable, and they don't have that prob up there. i guess the PTB are building humongous treatment plants right now, take another year or two for them to have any effect though i guess

before they knew any better they let like a million homes sink leach fields into sandy soil all around Lake O, and that and the Big Sugar runoff combined are just too much i guess