Returning To A 19th Century Standard Of Living Soon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will we be returning to a 19th Century standard of living in the not-too-distant future?

The inflation rate just jumped to a 39 year high last week, with no end in sight yet. The reason is obvious to those who understand economics. In order to keep economies running smoothly in the aftermath of the epidemic, most nations have begun pumping billions and even trillions of units of currency into their economies, which is now devaluing them at a rapid pace. The US put 5 trillion into their system, and whenever making money out of thin air is adopted as the short term solution for economic problems like what we have been facing, the end result is inflation sooner or later, and this is what we are seeing transpire now.

Will it eventually become so bad that we return to a 19th century standard of living in the Western world? The following is suggested by a prophetic dream posted by a member here a few weeks ago. I will present it in three parts, together with my own interpretation. It has humorous aspects to it, possibly to make it more memorable, but the underlying meaning isn't all that funny. I will present it here as food for thought. Should it indeed be prophetic, we would all do well to prepare for what is coming so as not to be caught off guard by the changes that befall society.

Catfish in the Mercantile Bank Lobby Dream, Part 1:
I am in the lobby of the Mercantile Bank and sometimes I am in line for the teller; sometimes I am filing out paperwork at one of those raised tables in the lobby. There is four feet of muddy water everywhere. The ceiling is about 30 feet tall and the windows are five feet wide and 15 feet tall and they are all around the building. It is sunny out, the sun seems to be in the morning above the horizon and seems to be circling the building every couple of minutes, producing a lot of moving shadows, but also glare off of the gold and silver fixtures. The front door is one of those turnstiles. Not in the water because you have to walk in and go down some steps into the lobby. So we had to walk down into the water.

Everybody is going about their business like this is normal. But they understand that I do not think it is normal because they keep reassuring me that everything is ok. The people are not saying anything to me that could be meaningful. Everybody is dressed in 19th century dress attire, suits and such. My only big concern are my new hunting boots.

So I am standing in line in four foot of water, looking at the Teller behind black rod iron bars, early 19th century style. Then I realize that the Teller is a very well dressed, man-sized cat....what I call golden stripped cat. 19th century style clothes with a cigar smoking in an ashtray. There is one of those large 19th century golden cash registers there to the Teller's left. He is not in the water because other well dressed animals are walking around behind him....not in water....going about their jobs.

The phrase "not in water" is what keyed me off in reading this dream. The expression being "underwater" is a financial term sometimes used regarding owing more on one's home than what it is worth. One article puts it this way:

"Underwater" is the term for a financial contract or asset that is worth less than its notional value... More commonly, the term is used in relation to a house or another substantial asset which has an outstanding mortgage or loan on the asset that is a larger amount than what the asset is worth. "Underwater" is sometimes also referred to as "upside-down." A homeowner is underwater if their mortgage is larger than what the home is worth.
What Does Underwater Mean in Finance?

As the following article from 2017 added, many in the US are actually already "underwater," with more debt than they can service even now:

While the media reports low unemployment and a rising stock market, the reality is that almost 20 percent of the country lives in “Underwater Nation,” with zero or even negative net worth... They’re disproportionately rural, female, renters, and people without a college degree. But the underwater ranks also include a large number of people who appear to be in the stable middle class... A Bankrate survey found that 63 percent of U.S. households lack the cash or savings to meet a $1,000 emergency expense. They’d have to borrow from a friend or family, or put costs on a credit card. Seven percent of U.S. homeowners are underwater homeowners, with mortgage debt higher than the value of their homes. And more and more people have taken on credit card debt to pay the bills.
More Americans Are Drowning Financially in Underwater Nation - Institute for Policy Studies

The above is what I think this dream is predicting, but on a much larger scale. As inflation rates continue to rise, this combined with what will likely be a stagnating economy, will likely lead to only one option: Many will have to keep borrowing against any available assets they have just to make ends meet, and this will eventually mean taking out loans on their mortgages and/or refinancing them until they eventually have zero equity left and their homes go completely "underwater."

Before going on to explain the rest of the dream, the last time the US went into a serious depression was 2007-2008, and it was during this time that a housing bubble occurred. This put many underwater on their homes at that time, because it greatly devalued home market values:

The 2008 financial crisis had numerous effects on the U.S. economy. One such effect was a bursting housing bubble that substantially deflated real estate property values across the market. A primary catalyst for the housing value deflation was loose lending standards for borrowers providing for broader mortgage loan approvals. This loose lending specifically to subprime borrowers led to a heightened number of defaults and foreclosures which effected real estate property values across the U.S. market. This led to a variety of uncommon situations causing losses for borrowers across the market whose mortgage loan values exceeded their home’s fair market value.
What Is an Underwater Mortgage?

The stage could be set for this to happen again, and that on top of potential hyper-inflation setting in. Big money has recently been buying up huge chucks of real estate which is causing home values to skyrocket, but this has now created a precarious situation. All they need to do now is simply reverse direction and start selling at record rates and the bottom could fall out of the real estate market, bursting the bubble, and creating a situation where home prices fall out of the sky, and they can be purchased at half the price of their current value. If I can get around to explaining it later, this may well have been part of the plan the banking elite put into place from the start, going back to well more than a hundred years ago.

A few additional notes on the interpretation of Part 1:

- The sun moving across the horizon very quickly represents the passage of time, which the man who had this dream said is what he sensed as well. It represents going from the 19th century to now, where he has modern hunting boots on, and by that symbolism what I believe is being represented is that the conditions they had then will be what we are returning to in the not so distant future.

- While everyone else is apparently financially underwater and dependent upon the banks, the bank itself appears to be doing exceedingly well. Everything is decorated in "gold and silver fixtures," with the sunlight gleaming off of them. This is representative of the banks getting richer, even as the rest of society is mired in the muck of poverty and indebtedness.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catfish in the Mercantile Bank Lobby Dream, Part 2:

I notice a swirl in the water between me and the guy in front of me and suddenly a catfish's head pops out of the water looking at me. He has a smoking pipe in his mouth that is apparently not affected by the water.

I say to him, "What are you doing here? He replies, "What are you doing here? You do realize that you are standing in water and your wallet is wet?" I instinctively touched my hip pocket, but then I know that my paycheck and everything was wet and I wondered if they were going to accept a wet check. So while I was contemplating this the catfish goes back to swimming in a circles in front of me. He does not have clothes on. So I start thinking about what he could have to give to the Teller or where he would put anything that he would get from the Teller.

So I ask the catfish, "Where do you keep your money? Do you have a wallet?" He looks at me like I am dumb and says, "It is in my stomach. Were else?" And he looks over at the Teller and says, "He scares me." ....a cat LOL. I just nod my head. So I stand there a while and eventually ask him, "What do you do with money?" Again he looks at me like I am dumb and replies, "I keep it in the river bank." I chuckle and reply, "No what do you spend it on?" He replies, "Fish futures." Again I chuckle and had to ask, "What is fish futures?" He explains that it is wagers on the death of things.

Interpretation:
The man asks "What are you doing here?" and the catfish's reply is incredulous, asking him, "What are you doing here?" and reminds him that he is underwater and even his check is wet. This is to say that his check is already spent because he is so deeply in debt, making the question, "What are you doing here" almost like saying "What do you think; what are all of us doing here?" It speaks to the fact that indebtedness to the banks will be so common place that no one will think anything of it, hence why everyone assures him that things are "normal" when he can tell that compared to his time it most certainly is not.

The dreamer is a Christian man, and the catfish represents yet another Christian, as fish are a common representation of this going back to ancient times. But as the dream progresses it becomes apparent that this in not a godly man. In the next part, He will admit to being a predator just like the banks are, and that he eats "dead fish" off the river bottom. His evil intent starts to become clear even in this section, as he admits that he invests in "Fish Futures," keeps his money in "the river bank," and makes wagers on "the death of things." These appear to be terms describing financial investments, and more particularly the practice of denominations allowing parishioners to donate their homes to the church, with the transfers taking place after death.

The Catholic church has already set up a situation for members to make home donations. Particularly with a Residual Interest Donation, the member can actually make a capital gain by donating their property while still reserving the right to live in it until their death. Other denominations may follow this potentially lucrative pattern as conditions become worse economically, and churches themselves begin struggling to make more ends meet.

From the Catholic Register:
Gifts of a residual interest in real estate:
Another way to make a gift of real estate to charity is to make a gift of a “residual interest” in property. This gift allows the donor to continue to use the property for his or her lifetime. The gift occurs on the date of the gift of the residual interest, not on the death of the donor, so a charitable donation receipt can be issued on the date of the gift of the residual interest. The value of the gift will have to be determined by someone with expertise. The fair market value of the interest will depend on the fair market value of the property, current interest rates and the life expectancy of the donor. A gift of a residual interest can result in a capital gain.

What to know about donating real estate

The scribes and Pharisees engaged in a very similar practice during New Testament times, and Jesus identified it as a very wicked thing to do. They were covetous (Luke 16:14), and Jesus condemned them for endorsing the practice of declaring one's property "Corban," meaning a "gift" to God." By this practice, Jewish religious leaders were confiscating the houses of such men after their deaths, and leaving their poor widows homeless and destitute in the process. As Jesus warned the disciples, "Beware of the scribes who like to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the marketplaces, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the best places at the banquets, yet who devour widow's houses, and for a pretext pray at great length. These shall receive the more strict judgment." (Luke 20:46-47). As He also warned the Pharisees directly, "Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and 'He who chastises his father or mother, let him die the death.' But you say, 'If a man shall say to his father or mother, "What you might have derived profit from through me is Corban," that is, "an offering,"' and you no longer allow him to do anything for his father or his mother." (Mark 7:10-12)

According to one online article on this subject:
"Anything dedicated to the temple by pronouncing the votive word 'Corban' forthwith belonged to the temple, but only ideally. Actually it might remain in the possession of the one who made the vow. So a son might be justified in not supporting his old parents simply because he designated his property or a part of it as a gift to the temple, that is, as 'Corban.' There was no necessity of fulfilling his vow, yet he was actually prohibited from ever using his property for the support of his parents." (Corban, Biblehub.com)

This then, was a means by which Jewish religious leadership were enriching themselves at the expense of the poor, who might have stood to potentially inherit the properties of their fathers and husbands after death, but now would not. This makes those who will engage in this process just as predatory as any bank would be, though it will be couched in language which makes both the church and the donor appear "righteous" for doing so, because it is all supposedly being done "for God."

Other notes on Part 2 of this dream:

- That the cat bank teller scares the catfish in this dream is representative of the fact that the banks will indeed be predatory, even more so than the religious leaders and institutions represented by the catfish. Once landowners go completely underwater and can no longer refinance or take out any more loans, they will no longer be able to borrow on their property and their homes will become the property of their bank by default.

- The catfish's reference to that he puts his money in "the River Bank" may well be a reference to the coffers of his own Christian denomination, through which he and those with him will invest in more "Fish Futures."

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catfish in the Mercantile Bank Lobby Dream, Part 3:

I say, "What?" He replies, "I eat dead things on the bottom of the river." I cringe and say, "Yuck!" And so he gets a little huffy and asks, "Oh really, what do you eat that is alive?" I chuckle again and replied, "I guess not a lot." He then says, "We are a lot a like, we both live off of death." And he seems to notice my clothes and asks, "Why aren't you wearing fancy clothes?" I said, "I am not doing anything fancy." He says, "Everything is fancy." And then he asks why people wash their clothes? "Cause we do not want to stink," I answered. "Well you all stink anyway! I can smell everything. If you all did not wash your clothes, you all would stink and it would just be normal." OK, I replied and then asked, "Why are you concerned about people washing their clothes?" He replies, "They use clean water to wash their clothes. They are wasting clean water and they stink anyway."

There are other fish in the lobby. We never move in line and the catfish and I never get to the Teller.... There is a phantasm about this dream. There are other fish or something else in the water that I am feeling is not good... and the dream ends. I have had this dream reoccur.

This last part is the toughest to interpret, but at the current time I believe it simply serves to all the more confirm that the Catholic Church will be the primary culprit in using this practice to effectively rob Christian families of their inheritances. It is suggested by how the catfish tells him, "I smell everything! and you all stink." Catholic priests encourage parishioners to take confession, by which they essentially end up knowing everyone's business. The knowledge that "all fish stink" is thus likely a reference to that we all sin, since stench is a common metaphor for the spiritual uncleanness which we must all be cleansed of. But the catfish seems to be making the contention that regularly cleansing oneself through confession never actually does anything to make anyone not stink, and this is a waste of time in that sense; that Christians ought to accept their sin as natural, for that if they did, "all would stink and it would just be normal," and there would be no need to make oneself appear "fancy" before others. It is an appeal to humility, but in the wrong way, by accepting sin and one's spiritual stench as a normality rather than teaching it should be resisted. This in fact is somewhat indicative of many of the more mainline denominations, who are with increasing frequency embracing even sins like homosexuality as if they were "normal" now.

Notes on Part 3:
- Catfish are a species that do indeed feed off of other fish, including dead fish:
Do catfish eat other fish? Yes, they do. Catfish in fact eat other, smaller fish species. They will eat those fish species which are available in their waters, including shad, perch, bluegill, drum, buffalo, small carp, and all other kinds of baitfish. Some catfish are likely to eat dead fish too.
https://www.slo-fishing.si/fishing-for-beginners/419-do-catfish-eat-other-fish

I should also add that I posted a thread on this last year that dealt with the subject of being wary of debt now, and that the answer will be to give ourselves to prayer, so that HE is the one guiding our every step through the entire process, and we arrive safely on the other side. I will post it together with the quotes on how to proceed in Christ through prayer and trusting in the Lord in a later post.

If I receive anything more in this dream, I will post it. All are free to comment.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Original thread:
Being Different From the World

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One last note: 50 years ago, MIT conducted a computer study which predicted the collapse of modern society would arrive by the year 2040. According to a follow up study done earlier this year, we are actually ahead of schedule on one of the worst case scenarios.

To avoid a lot of technical, somewhat long-winded discourse, skip to 15:09+, where he makes the contention that we could be in the throws of a total collapse within 20 years:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will we be returning to a 19th Century standard of living in the not-too-distant future?

The inflation rate just jumped to a 39 year high last week, with no end in sight yet. The reason is obvious to those who understand economics. In order to keep economies running smoothly in the aftermath of the epidemic, most nations have begun pumping billions and even trillions of units of currency into their economies, which is now devaluing them at a rapid pace. The US put 5 trillion into their system, and whenever making money out of thin air is adopted as the short term solution for economic problems like what we have been facing, the end result is inflation sooner or later, and this is what we are seeing transpire now.

Will it eventually become so bad that we return to a 19th century standard of living in the Western world? The following is suggested by a prophetic dream posted by a member here a few weeks ago. I will present it in three parts, together with my own interpretation. It has humorous aspects to it, possibly to make it more memorable, but the underlying meaning isn't all that funny. I will present it here as food for thought. Should it indeed be prophetic, we would all do well to prepare for what is coming so as not to be caught off guard by the changes that befall society.

Catfish in the Mercantile Bank Lobby Dream, Part 1:
I am in the lobby of the Mercantile Bank and sometimes I am in line for the teller; sometimes I am filing out paperwork at one of those raised tables in the lobby. There is four feet of muddy water everywhere. The ceiling is about 30 feet tall and the windows are five feet wide and 15 feet tall and they are all around the building. It is sunny out, the sun seems to be in the morning above the horizon and seems to be circling the building every couple of minutes, producing a lot of moving shadows, but also glare off of the gold and silver fixtures. The front door is one of those turnstiles. Not in the water because you have to walk in and go down some steps into the lobby. So we had to walk down into the water.

Everybody is going about their business like this is normal. But they understand that I do not think it is normal because they keep reassuring me that everything is ok. The people are not saying anything to me that could be meaningful. Everybody is dressed in 19th century dress attire, suits and such. My only big concern are my new hunting boots.

So I am standing in line in four foot of water, looking at the Teller behind black rod iron bars, early 19th century style. Then I realize that the Teller is a very well dressed, man-sized cat....what I call golden stripped cat. 19th century style clothes with a cigar smoking in an ashtray. There is one of those large 19th century golden cash registers there to the Teller's left. He is not in the water because other well dressed animals are walking around behind him....not in water....going about their jobs.

The phrase "not in water" is what keyed me off in reading this dream. The expression being "underwater" is a financial term sometimes used regarding owing more on one's home than what it is worth. One article puts it this way:

"Underwater" is the term for a financial contract or asset that is worth less than its notional value... More commonly, the term is used in relation to a house or another substantial asset which has an outstanding mortgage or loan on the asset that is a larger amount than what the asset is worth. "Underwater" is sometimes also referred to as "upside-down." A homeowner is underwater if their mortgage is larger than what the home is worth.
What Does Underwater Mean in Finance?

As the following article from 2017 added, many in the US are actually already "underwater," with more debt than they can service even now:

While the media reports low unemployment and a rising stock market, the reality is that almost 20 percent of the country lives in “Underwater Nation,” with zero or even negative net worth... They’re disproportionately rural, female, renters, and people without a college degree. But the underwater ranks also include a large number of people who appear to be in the stable middle class... A Bankrate survey found that 63 percent of U.S. households lack the cash or savings to meet a $1,000 emergency expense. They’d have to borrow from a friend or family, or put costs on a credit card. Seven percent of U.S. homeowners are underwater homeowners, with mortgage debt higher than the value of their homes. And more and more people have taken on credit card debt to pay the bills.
More Americans Are Drowning Financially in Underwater Nation - Institute for Policy Studies

The above is what I think this dream is predicting, but on a much larger scale. As inflation rates continue to rise, this combined with what will likely be a stagnating economy, will likely lead to only one option: Many will have to keep borrowing against any available assets they have just to make ends meet, and this will eventually mean taking out loans on their mortgages and/or refinancing them until they eventually have zero equity left and their homes go completely "underwater."

Before going on to explain the rest of the dream, the last time the US went into a serious depression was 2007-2008, and it was during this time that a housing bubble occurred. This put many underwater on their homes at that time, because it greatly devalued home market values:

The 2008 financial crisis had numerous effects on the U.S. economy. One such effect was a bursting housing bubble that substantially deflated real estate property values across the market. A primary catalyst for the housing value deflation was loose lending standards for borrowers providing for broader mortgage loan approvals. This loose lending specifically to subprime borrowers led to a heightened number of defaults and foreclosures which effected real estate property values across the U.S. market. This led to a variety of uncommon situations causing losses for borrowers across the market whose mortgage loan values exceeded their home’s fair market value.
What Is an Underwater Mortgage?

The stage could be set for this to happen again, and that on top of potential hyper-inflation setting in. Big money has recently been buying up huge chucks of real estate which is causing home values to skyrocket, but this has now created a precarious situation. All they need to do now is simply reverse direction and start selling at record rates and the bottom could fall out of the real estate market, bursting the bubble, and creating a situation where home prices fall out of the sky, and they can be purchased at half the price of their current value. If I can get around to explaining it later, this may well have been part of the plan the banking elite put into place from the start, going back to well more than a hundred years ago.

A few additional notes on the interpretation of Part 1:

- The sun moving across the horizon very quickly represents the passage of time, which the man who had this dream said is what he sensed as well. It represents going from the 19th century to now, where he has modern hunting boots on, and by that symbolism what I believe is being represented is that the conditions they had then will be what we are returning to in the not so distant future.

- While everyone else is apparently financially underwater and dependent upon the banks, the bank itself appears to be doing exceedingly well. Everything is decorated in "gold and silver fixtures," with the sunlight gleaming off of them. This is representative of the banks getting richer, even as the rest of society is mired in the muck of poverty and indebtedness.
need to process this better

kids are distracted by mr bean

so consider this related to environment/over dependency in America- and this is maybe two months old so forgive me, gentle paraphrase-

something amount the economy/overspending/losing resources (?) "it would force them to step back"

back to some forgotten ways, and not too much but think less production, more sustainable.

and part of that prayer was about money going to things Christians call sin, picture tires wearing themselves out

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and by spending on sin- abortion, teachings in public school, getting kids sex changes without parental consent (legal in Oregon), passing out drugs (a thing in Seattle), taking Americans freedoms- and churches, the Bible censorship in California- those things.

so by wearing out, they "would need to take a step back" the quote is not my words. I understood what it meant, just use your own discernment and prayer

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you HIH for taking the time to look at this using your talents. Very insightful and interesting.
Very vivid dream. I wish I could say that, that was exactly what I thought, but dream interpretation is not my forte.

The circling sun I thought meant the passage of time and the fish futures...feeding off of death....would mean some type of death or failure...The river bank, I had no idea. And with the animal employees going about their business like everything was normal, when nothing was normal, to me seemed to suggest some sort of deceit. The party in the vault to me could mean someone was benefiting off of all of this....but that is about it for me.

Thanks again and great job!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"it would force them to step back"

Sounds like an accurate word to me.

I talked with this guy at Walmart the other day. He was standing in front of the Blue Bell ice cream freezer looking like he couldn't find anything he wanted, so I said, "Not quite the selection they used to have, is it?" He smiled and said, "I never find one I want anymore." I said, "You know, you can't find Milk Chocolate anywhere now, except maybe at Albertsons." He said, "Yeah, and pay $8.00 for it." I looked down and noticed the freezers were labelled #12 and #13, and said, "Well, at least they're not $12.00 yet or $13.00." He chuckled and said, "I need to stop eating ice cream altogether." I said, "Well that might just do it," LoL.

I don't think either one of us bought any ice cream cuz they didn't have any of the kinds we wanted, and that's another side effect of all this. Walmart has switched by buying the junk nobody wants so they can buy it in bulk at much cheaper prices to keep their costs low. The point is this: As inflation continues to rise, the luxuries we took for granted are going to become increasingly rare to enjoy. Prices on things like fast food have nearly doubled in just a few years, and imagine if they were to nearly double yet again. Our whole standard of living would shift. Things like eating meat every day would become too expensive for many people, just as it was back in the 1800s. It's still that way today in countries like Cuba, where they subsist largely on beans. The occasional pork, chicken or beef is a luxury, and I think this may be on the way to us now as well. But the right way to look at is to see the positives, and I agree with the guy at Walmart. It's not gonna kill me if I stop eating as much meat and ice cream. I'm too fat anyway, which is what may make "taking a step back" from our current standard of living not such a bad thing in some ways.

Just sharing my own personal thoughts on that, but I agree with what you heard, so thanks for sharing.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you HIH for taking the time to look at this using your talents. Very insightful and interesting.
Very vivid dream. I wish I could say that, that was exactly what I thought, but dream interpretation is not my forte.

The circling sun I thought meant the passage of time and the fish futures...feeding off of death....would mean some type of death or failure...The river bank, I had no idea. And with the animal employees going about their business like everything was normal, when nothing was normal, to me seemed to suggest some sort of deceit. The party in the vault to me could mean someone was benefiting off of all of this....but that is about it for me.

Thanks again and great job!

I don't recall you saying anything about the party in the vault, but it would only make sense in light of the interpretation. The banks will be getting richer even as everyone else is "going under," so at least someone will be having a good time, LoL.

Not sure if I shared this with you in the original thread, but there are some things that were prophesied that confirm the above interpretation as well, particularly with respect to the banks and the whole standard of living eventually changing. I will post it in full below so you can read it at your leisure. It's not that long, and he includes notes on how he interpreted it at the end that mesh pretty seamlessly with what I was telling you I think your dream means.

I find him authoritative.

Field Of Dreams Or Nightmares?
While praying about the future of our economy, I was given a vision of a long, lush green field. I felt that this represented a long period of economic prosperity, which has generally been the case since that time. While praying in August 1995, I saw this field in a vision again, but with much more detail. The end of the field was covered in fog. Not far into the fog there was a very steep cliff. In the middle of the cliff, there was a narrow, twisting, steep path that appeared like a descending bridge. It had the same green grass on it that the field did and went all the way to the bottom.

Those who walked into the fog almost all missed the little path and fell over the cliff. Some of these died, but nets below the cliffs caught many of them. However, these nets were not there to save the people but to trap them. Others entered the fog carefully, dropping to their knees and searching for the path, which they seemed to intuitively know was there. Most of those looking for the path were able to find it and carefully started down on their knees. A few people had parachutes, and they jumped off the cliff into the fog.

At the bottom there was a sea with four kinds of ships in the harbor: slave ships, warships, luxury liners, and hospital ships. Most of the ships were slavers. The next greatest number was warships. There were only five hospital ships, all of which were on clean, well-kept docks right in the middle of the harbor. The two luxury liners were docked at each end of the harbor. An abundance of supplies were on their docks, but both the docks and ships looked filthy and poorly maintained. No warships were docked, but all kept moving about in the harbor.

The people who fell into the nets were put on the slave ships. Most of those who made it down the steep paths headed for the hospital ships, but many did head for the luxury liners. Of those who headed for the luxury liners, some were captured and made to board a slave ship.

The luxury liners were closely guarded, and obviously under the control of the warships. The warships occasionally took people from the slave ships and luxury liners, and they were taking whoever they wanted—they could not be resisted.

Those from the hospital ships were also taking people from the other ships. However, they only took the weakest or those who were so sick or wounded and not expected to live.

The crewmen of the hospital ships were shown respect because they wore brilliant armor that seemed to confound everyone else. Those who were jumping off the cliff with the parachutes were all landing on the hospital ships or their docks.

When a slave ship would fill up it would depart, making frequent turns as if it knew where it was going. The warships were also making so many turns that it seemed impossible to tell which way they would go next. Any ship that happened to be in the way of a warship when it turned was blasted and sunk by the warship. If the warships turned toward each other, they started shooting at each other until one was sunk.

Because of the fog, many ships collided with other ships and sank. The water was filled with sharks that quickly devoured those who fell into it. The confusion, despair, and fear over the harbor were as thick as the fog. When the fog thickened, these fears would intensify. When the fog would thin a little, hope would begin to rise in the people. When the fog lifted enough so that the open sea could be seen, the ships would begin heading for it.

The hospital ships were also the only ones who seemed to be sailing as if they knew where they were going. They could sail right through the chaos in the harbor and into the open sea at will. One or two of them were constantly going out to sea, disappearing for a time, and then they would return. Then another would go and do the same.

As I followed one of these ships to the open sea in the vision, all of a sudden it was as if I was standing on the bridge of the ship. The farther out we went, the more the sky cleared. Soon it became bluer than I had ever seen it, except when flying in a high altitude jet. I was so intrigued by the sky that I had not been watching the sea. When I looked back at it, I saw that we were actually flying at a very high altitude.

I thought that we were going out into space, but soon we descended toward what appeared to be a whole new world. It was composed of islands, each with a different culture of people on it. The wounded on our hospital ship were placed on several of the different islands, so that each wounded person was placed with those from his or her own culture.

These islands were at perfect peace, and there were beautiful white bridges connecting them to one another, with a constant flow of people on the bridges. On each island vast foundations were being laid for a great city.

Even though each island was very different, and different from any place that I had ever seen, I felt immediately at home on each one. They were each like paradise, and though they seemed to be on a different world, I knew that they were somehow very close to the one I had just left.

His interpretations in the next post...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interpretation and Insights

That I can now see the end of this field indicates that the end of our economic prosperity is now in sight. What I saw at the end was much more catastrophic than I had ever thought. There are some very dark times ahead, but at the same time there is a whole new world being built right in our midst that is more wonderful than we can even imagine.

To the degree that we have built our lives and faith on the economy of the world, we have built on a very shaky foundation. We know that the time will come when everything that can be shaken will be. The time that we have been given until that happens is for the purpose of preparation. Let us build our hope and trust on the kingdom that alone cannot be shaken.

Those who kept walking into the fog just as they had been walking in the open field, not discerning or not acknowledging the change, either perished or fell into slavery. Those who immediately fell to their knees found a safe way down, but it still led down. They had to stay on their knees all the way; no one could have stood up on that slope because it was too steep and narrow. Falling to our knees speaks of prayer. As soon as we see the fog, or confusion, we must pray for every step we take thereafter.

That no one ascended, but all went down to the bottom of the cliff, spoke to me that the economy of the whole world was going down. Many will survive what is coming, but not at the level they are presently. Much of our present standard of living has been built upon credit, borrowing from the future, and the future is now here. We are fast approaching the time when the bills will have to be paid. That will cause a drastic reduction of our present lifestyles.

I felt that the slave ships were banks. During the Great Depression, banks were so over extended that most of them failed. Somehow, they have now positioned themselves to not only survive another economic collapse, but will actually be in a place to enslave those who are in debt to them.

The warships were all different sizes, and I felt represented different powers. Their efforts were not coordinated, but they all seemed to be in as much confusion as everyone else, and all seemed to be at war with one another. They lived by plundering the other ships and each other. I believe that in the times ahead, small wars will be flashing up almost everywhere and without apparent reason. Anyone who gets in the way of those with some power will be in trouble.

The luxury ships were so filthy that it seemed only slightly better to be on one of them instead of a slave or warship. It was obvious that the luxury of the future will not be as we know it today. Also, the luxury ships were constantly being plundered by the warships, making them almost an intolerable place to be. Even a hint of luxury in the future may only serve to make us targets.

I knew that the hospital ships were the church. They were glistening white with red crosses on them. They were so bright and clean that they stood out dramatically in this vision. White speaks of purity, and the red crosses spoke to me that they were bearing the cross. Red is also the color of sacrifice. These ships were so beautiful that anyone would have wanted to be on them. The church will become the most desirable place in the world to be, and the church will become the pure vessel she is called to be when she takes up the cross, committing herself to the life of sacrifice. In the times ahead, the life of sacrifice and service to others will be the most desirable life in the world and will actually be a glorious place to dwell.

The people on the hospital ships each wore brilliant, silver armor. They, too, stood out dramatically whenever they appeared, and this caused everyone to show them great respect, even the warships. This spoke to me that when believers learn to wear their armor, they will command the whole world's respect and have authority because of it.

The docks of the hospital ships were also spotless and were overflowing with supplies. There was far more wealth on them than on the luxury ships, but the wealth was being used for service, not luxury. Because the individuals with the armor and the hospital ships commanded such respect, no one was trying to plunder their great stocks of supplies, even though they were obvious to everyone.

When a hospital ship pulled between two warships that were fighting, they would stop fighting and give them their wounded. It seemed that this was one of the primary purposes of these ships, to simply stop the fighting whenever they could.

In the midst of the chaos of this place, the dignity, resolve, and purpose that the Christians and their ships moved with was stunning. The greatest feeling came over me when I stood on the bridge of the ship leaving for the open sea. That feeling was freedom. As soon as we entered the open sea, we ascended into the heavenly places. Once out of the fog, we did not travel on the earth. When we came back down, it was to a seemingly new earth, even though I knew somehow that it was right in the middle of what I had left.

That I entered this extraordinary freedom on a hospital ship speaks of finding our true peace when we take up our crosses to serve others. When we do this, we will begin to dwell in the heavenly places. Then we will see the earth very differently—we will see what God is doing. I really felt that those paradise islands were already right in our midst, but we just could not see them yet.

At the very time when the world descends into a terrible chaos, which will probably begin with economic chaos, God is building bridges between people that will be the foundation of a glorious future. The end of this age is the beginning of the one over which Christ will reign. In Revelation 17:15 we are told that, “The waters which you saw where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues.” The sea often represents mass humanity in prophetic language. That the sea at the bottom of the cliff was in the most terrible chaos represents what the kingdoms of this world are headed for. The islands represent that the Lord is also laying a foundation for His kingdom right in our midst at this same time. That I knew these islands were close to the sea of confusion spoke to me that what the Lord is about to build on the earth is also very close at hand.

The bridges are right now being built between people. The bridges were for interchange, and it was obvious to me that each island was building something wonderful, as if it were the very best from their culture in order to share it with the other islands. That new foundations were being laid for cities represented a whole new beginning for the earth. What is now being built for the Lord, for the sake of His kingdom, will remain and be a foundation for the age to come.
A Field of Dreams or Nightmares?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't recall you saying anything about the party in the vault, but it would only make sense in light of the interpretation. The banks will be getting richer even as everyone else is "going under," so at least someone will be having a good time, LoL.

It is in our PM...here it is .

Thanks a bunch for the consideration.

The dream was reoccurring and had different details and as dreams go, I am sure I forgot some of them. There was something in that water that I was concerned about but it never surfaced.

In one of them there were these old fashion round vault doors, around 8 feet tall and three foot thick...walk ways into them, not in the water and large rooms in the vaults....lots of people like a celebration of some sort in there....paintings on the walls and chandelier.

Still the line never moves

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interpretation and Insights

That I can now see the end of this field indicates that the end of our economic prosperity is now in sight. What I saw at the end was much more catastrophic than I had ever thought. There are some very dark times ahead, but at the same time there is a whole new world being built right in our midst that is more wonderful than we can even imagine.

To the degree that we have built our lives and faith on the economy of the world, we have built on a very shaky foundation. We know that the time will come when everything that can be shaken will be. The time that we have been given until that happens is for the purpose of preparation. Let us build our hope and trust on the kingdom that alone cannot be shaken.

Those who kept walking into the fog just as they had been walking in the open field, not discerning or not acknowledging the change, either perished or fell into slavery. Those who immediately fell to their knees found a safe way down, but it still led down. They had to stay on their knees all the way; no one could have stood up on that slope because it was too steep and narrow. Falling to our knees speaks of prayer. As soon as we see the fog, or confusion, we must pray for every step we take thereafter.

That no one ascended, but all went down to the bottom of the cliff, spoke to me that the economy of the whole world was going down. Many will survive what is coming, but not at the level they are presently. Much of our present standard of living has been built upon credit, borrowing from the future, and the future is now here. We are fast approaching the time when the bills will have to be paid. That will cause a drastic reduction of our present lifestyles.

I felt that the slave ships were banks. During the Great Depression, banks were so over extended that most of them failed. Somehow, they have now positioned themselves to not only survive another economic collapse, but will actually be in a place to enslave those who are in debt to them.

The warships were all different sizes, and I felt represented different powers. Their efforts were not coordinated, but they all seemed to be in as much confusion as everyone else, and all seemed to be at war with one another. They lived by plundering the other ships and each other. I believe that in the times ahead, small wars will be flashing up almost everywhere and without apparent reason. Anyone who gets in the way of those with some power will be in trouble.

The luxury ships were so filthy that it seemed only slightly better to be on one of them instead of a slave or warship. It was obvious that the luxury of the future will not be as we know it today. Also, the luxury ships were constantly being plundered by the warships, making them almost an intolerable place to be. Even a hint of luxury in the future may only serve to make us targets.

I knew that the hospital ships were the church. They were glistening white with red crosses on them. They were so bright and clean that they stood out dramatically in this vision. White speaks of purity, and the red crosses spoke to me that they were bearing the cross. Red is also the color of sacrifice. These ships were so beautiful that anyone would have wanted to be on them. The church will become the most desirable place in the world to be, and the church will become the pure vessel she is called to be when she takes up the cross, committing herself to the life of sacrifice. In the times ahead, the life of sacrifice and service to others will be the most desirable life in the world and will actually be a glorious place to dwell.

The people on the hospital ships each wore brilliant, silver armor. They, too, stood out dramatically whenever they appeared, and this caused everyone to show them great respect, even the warships. This spoke to me that when believers learn to wear their armor, they will command the whole world's respect and have authority because of it.

The docks of the hospital ships were also spotless and were overflowing with supplies. There was far more wealth on them than on the luxury ships, but the wealth was being used for service, not luxury. Because the individuals with the armor and the hospital ships commanded such respect, no one was trying to plunder their great stocks of supplies, even though they were obvious to everyone.

When a hospital ship pulled between two warships that were fighting, they would stop fighting and give them their wounded. It seemed that this was one of the primary purposes of these ships, to simply stop the fighting whenever they could.

In the midst of the chaos of this place, the dignity, resolve, and purpose that the Christians and their ships moved with was stunning. The greatest feeling came over me when I stood on the bridge of the ship leaving for the open sea. That feeling was freedom. As soon as we entered the open sea, we ascended into the heavenly places. Once out of the fog, we did not travel on the earth. When we came back down, it was to a seemingly new earth, even though I knew somehow that it was right in the middle of what I had left.

That I entered this extraordinary freedom on a hospital ship speaks of finding our true peace when we take up our crosses to serve others. When we do this, we will begin to dwell in the heavenly places. Then we will see the earth very differently—we will see what God is doing. I really felt that those paradise islands were already right in our midst, but we just could not see them yet.

At the very time when the world descends into a terrible chaos, which will probably begin with economic chaos, God is building bridges between people that will be the foundation of a glorious future. The end of this age is the beginning of the one over which Christ will reign. In Revelation 17:15 we are told that, “The waters which you saw where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues.” The sea often represents mass humanity in prophetic language. That the sea at the bottom of the cliff was in the most terrible chaos represents what the kingdoms of this world are headed for. The islands represent that the Lord is also laying a foundation for His kingdom right in our midst at this same time. That I knew these islands were close to the sea of confusion spoke to me that what the Lord is about to build on the earth is also very close at hand.

The bridges are right now being built between people. The bridges were for interchange, and it was obvious to me that each island was building something wonderful, as if it were the very best from their culture in order to share it with the other islands. That new foundations were being laid for cities represented a whole new beginning for the earth. What is now being built for the Lord, for the sake of His kingdom, will remain and be a foundation for the age to come.
A Field of Dreams or Nightmares?

WOW! That is some detail.
Now forgive me if I missed it but....do you know the background on this? The person that had this?
Is it someone you follow?.....You said you found him authoritative.
I am not much for dream interpretations but I am a student of prophecy, codes, and symbolisms. And strangely enough there is a difference.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in our PM...here it is .

Thanks a bunch for the consideration.

The dream was reoccurring and had different details and as dreams go, I am sure I forgot some of them. There was something in that water that I was concerned about but it never surfaced.

In one of them there were these old fashion round vault doors, around 8 feet tall and three foot thick...walk ways into them, not in the water and large rooms in the vaults....lots of people like a celebration of some sort in there....paintings on the walls and chandelier.

Still the line never moves

Thanks! Yeah, I think I was already into the interpretation at that point, and since the above confirmed it all the more I kinda passed it over by accident.

I also wanted to post a teaching video for people on what causes inflation, so I'll add it here. This one gets a bit technical to follow towards the end, but comes to essentially the same conclusion: We are close to experiencing very crippling inflation, unless something happens to circumvent the current trends.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW! That is some detail.
Now forgive me if I missed it but....do you know the background on this? The person that had this?
Is it someone you follow?.....You said you found him authoritative.

Yes. I've followed him for a couple of decades now. When I say "followed," I don't mean that I have kept up with everything going on in his ministry, but I own most of his major visions in print, some of which are very long and extensive.

All I can tell you is this: The visions speak for themselves and they witness to the Spirit of God within His people. He has not vacillated on what he believes the vision meant, and this was published almost 25 years ago. The enemy is always trying to frame the saints of God, and he has his detractors as well over some people he associated himself with in ministry many years ago. But I pay no attention to it personally. I go by what the Spirit of God witnesses to me is of Him. The rest means little to me one way or the other.
I am not much for dream interpretations but I am a student of prophecy, codes, and symbolisms. And strangely enough there is a difference.

Sounds like an interesting discussion. Maybe you could give a brief run down of what you mean, and if it sounds like something worth pursuing you could create a separate thread for it.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Steve Forbes from six months ago, and several of the things he said that more money printing would lead to are now here. Others could be on the way.

Also from six months ago, and I think what Schiff says from :50 onward is an astonishingly accurate analysis of what has actually taken place in the US economy. It's not a recovery; it's only been made to look like one as we continued to dig ourselves in even deeper.

It more resembles a "recovery" now because we've at least stopped surviving off of stimulus, but what we are now "recovering" into is precisely what I've been talking about throughout this entire thread: Stagnant earnings even as the cost of living keeps going up and up, until our whole standard of living eventually shifts, and regresses back to what it was more than a century ago.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like an accurate word to me.

I talked with this guy at Walmart the other day. He was standing in front of the Blue Bell ice cream freezer looking like he couldn't find anything he wanted, so I said, "Not quite the selection they used to have, is it?" He smiled and said, "I never find one I want anymore." I said, "You know, you can't find Milk Chocolate anywhere now, except maybe at Albertsons." He said, "Yeah, and pay $8.00 for it." I looked down and noticed the freezers were labelled #12 and #13, and said, "Well, at least they're not $12.00 yet or $13.00." He chuckled and said, "I need to stop eating ice cream altogether." I said, "Well that might just do it," LoL.

I don't think either one of us bought any ice cream cuz they didn't have any of the kinds we wanted, and that's another side effect of all this. Walmart has switched by buying the junk nobody wants so they can buy it in bulk at much cheaper prices to keep their costs low. The point is this: As inflation continues to rise, the luxuries we took for granted are going to become increasingly rare to enjoy. Prices on things like fast food have nearly doubled in just a few years, and imagine if they were to nearly double yet again. Our whole standard of living would shift. Things like eating meat every day would become too expensive for many people, just as it was back in the 1800s. It's still that way today in countries like Cuba, where they subsist largely on beans. The occasional pork, chicken or beef is a luxury, and I think this may be on the way to us now as well. But the right way to look at is to see the positives, and I agree with the guy at Walmart. It's not gonna kill me if I stop eating as much meat and ice cream. I'm too fat anyway, which is what may make "taking a step back" from our current standard of living not such a bad thing in some ways.

Just sharing my own personal thoughts on that, but I agree with what you heard, so thanks for sharing.
The ONLY reason I have so many home skills is struggle and lack. So to survive, I have studied homemaking from everything from the civil war period, third world countries, and all of the way back to the mid-Victorian era.

Because they had made it well on very, very little. My only goal was this: learn to live incredibly well with very little.

A 2 1/2 lb roast now is around $22, so I will make lentil meatballs probably this week.

Ive made an entire dress by hand-sewing, starched clothes in boiled flour water to keep them nice, my boy made raisin vinegar, I made a meat loaf out of black beans.

a few examples of old living for you, but also the American excessiveness is killing us spiritually and physically.

combine your thoughts on inflation with overspending, way *unnecessary overproduction*, and basic history- it tends to repeat itself. but stepping back also means less dependency on corrupt industries that don't consider us as much as they pretend to.

we don't require as much as we think we do.

and maybe worth thinking about just for fun- if the motive is to get you to be financially dependent on "them", could you do without them and still do well?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONLY reason I have so many home skills is struggle and lack. So to survive, I have studied homemaking from everything from the civil war period, third world countries, and all of the way back to the mid-Victorian era.

Because they had made it well on very, very little.

A 2 1/2 lb roast now is around $22, so I will make lentil meatballs probably this week.

Ive made an entire dress by hand-sewing, starched clothes in boiled flour water to keep them nice, my boy made raisin vinegar, I made a meat loaf out of black beans.

You should consider that the things you've learned over the years may actually become a type of ministry you have to others down the road. Like I said, my mind just instantly jumped to you when I started thinking about the implications of all this.

My wife is pretty smart, and I'm very good with numbers, so I'm sure we would find ways to make our dollars stretch; we always have. But learning to make clothing, and make recipes stretch, and get the most out of little or nothing, and to persevere in spite of lack - it is a skill, and becomes a victorious type of mentality to walk in in the midst of trying circumstances. It has a lot to say for it, so I'll encourage you that all these things the Lord has prepared you for up until now could come in more handy more than you think one day. The power of encouragement is a great gift.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I've followed him for a couple of decades now. When I say "followed," I don't mean that I have kept up with everything going on in his ministry, but I own most of his major visions in print, some of which are very long and extensive.

All I can tell you is this: The visions speak for themselves and they witness to the Spirit of God within His people. He has not vacillated on what he believes the vision meant, and this was published almost 25 years ago. The enemy is always trying to frame the saints of God, and he has his detractors as well over some people he associated himself with in ministry many years ago. But I pay no attention to it personally. I go by what the Spirit of God witnesses to me is of Him. The rest means little to me one way or the other.

Sounds like an interesting discussion. Maybe you could give a brief run down of what you mean, and if it sounds like something worth pursuing you could create a separate thread for it.

Dream interpretation.....is from an individual's mind being interpreted by a mind. Is it because God put it there or did they eat too much peanut butter before they went to bed? There dream can be influenced by personal experiences and fears. The dream I gave you is a reoccurring dream and I do not have a fear bone. So I do not fear what is to come.

Prophecy....as you might suspect is something that is well covered in college theology. The language and style of prophecy. I prefer Holy Ghost churches...so I see and hear a lot of prophecy. I have experience in that area. One of the most interesting aspect of prophecy is...can it change?....if it does, does it mean that the initial interpretations or understandings of the prophecies were wrong?

Then my interests in codes, symbolism, and imagery....Revelation....a prophetic storyline with codes, symbols, and imagery. That is a whole different study.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should consider that the things you've learned over the years may actually become a type of ministry you have to others down the road. Like I said, my mind just instantly jumped to you when I started thinking about the implications of all this.

My wife is pretty smart, and I'm very good with numbers, so I'm sure we would find ways to make our dollars stretch; we always have. But learning to make clothing, and make recipes stretch, and get the most out of little or nothing, and to persevere in spite of lack - it is a skill, and becomes a victorious type of mentality to walk in in the midst of trying circumstances. It has a lot to say for it, so I'll encourage you that all these things the Lord has prepared you for up until now could come in more handy more than you think one day. The power of encouragement is a great gift.
I think so and it has come to my mind quite a few times if it came down to it, a lot could be done with a little and stepping back not only in the practical sense, works in the spiritual sense.

1 timothy 5:8-14

I did not know this until recently and you should see if you can find it because its really good.

I think it was by Spurgeon, but he said a mothers work in raising her household and children in godliness was just as important as if she were to lead an army of the Lord into battle.

And it is, Godly obedience that we have forgotten.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is it @Hidden In Him

afb4b628-cb28-404a-a23b-4b64b55b898c.jpg