Returning To A 19th Century Standard Of Living Soon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read some of this. I don't understand the economics all that well, but my greater question is how you prepare your family for something like this.

I found this article. I can't watch videos too in depth these days, so I find things to read on the topic.

US Economic Forecast: 4th Quarter 2021

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol thanks @Hidden In Him - I have to get some stuff done and let my phone charge but I'll check back later and see what you say :D

I was about to say I need a break as well : ) I have work I'm supposed to be getting done today. But one other note on the "ADHD" thing before I head out, and in all seriousness: Having the faith and the humility to simply speak what you are hearing the Holy Spirit say to you is of immense importance in being used of God, and never to be underestimated. I developed the ability a long time ago to simply post what I felt I was being led to, without concern for whether I was "missing God" or not. As a result, I started growing accustomed to trusting Him more and more as I saw it pay off with ever greater confirmations.

It's what I am still doing here when I post threads like this. I can think of a couple of forums right now where, if I were to post this, I'd be instantly met with wise cracks like, "Sounds like someone's been smoking the peace pipe, for thirteen nights in a row," or some other smart Alec remark like that, Lol. And then I'd have to respond with something just as sarcastic, like:

"Right on, Man!"

8e64b177fe26b669710b99a31171d1ca.jpg

The point is that following God's leading and being humble enough to look like a fool in doing so, if necessary, is vital. Without it, you'd never take a dream about a catfish smoking a pipe and telling everyone they stink and turn it into something like this, Lol.

So keep following His leading. It is putting you in very good stead.

Ok, enough. I gotta get busy. God bless, and thanks for your input on this thread. You just made it much better.
I read some of this. I don't understand the economics all that well, but my greater question is how you prepare your family for something like this.

I found this article. I can't watch videos too in depth these days, so I find things to read on the topic.

It's ok, Mayflower. Some of the videos I posted were just overkill anyhow. I'm gonna be checking back later tonight and I can go through your link and Fluff's, and then we can pick it up again.

God bless! Hope you are having a great afternoon.
- H

Reactions: DuckieLady

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was about to say I need a break as well : ) I have work I'm supposed to be getting done today. But one other note on the "ADHD" thing before I head out, and in all seriousness: Having the faith and the humility to simply speak what you are hearing the Holy Spirit say to you is of immense importance in being used of God, and never to be underestimated. I developed the ability a long time ago to simply post what I felt I was being led to, without concern for whether I was "missing God" or not. As a result, I started growing accustomed to trusting Him more and more as I saw it pay off with ever greater confirmations.

It's what I am still doing here when I post threads like this. I can think of a couple of forums right now where, if I were to post this, I'd be instantly met with wise cracks like, "Sounds like someone's been smoking the peace pipe, for thirteen nights in a row," or some other smart Alec remark like that, Lol. And then I'd have to respond with something just as sarcastic, like:

"Right on, Man!"

8e64b177fe26b669710b99a31171d1ca.jpg

The point is that following God's leading and being humble enough to look like a fool in doing so, if necessary, is vital. Without it, you'd never take a dream about a catfish smoking a pipe and telling everyone they stink and turn it into something like this, Lol.

So keep following His leading. It is putting you in very good stead.

Ok, enough. I gotta get busy. God bless, and thanks for your input on this thread. You just made it much better.

It's ok, Mayflower. Some of the videos I posted were just overkill anyhow. I'm gonna be checking back later tonight and I can go through your link and Fluff's, and then we can pick it up again.

God bless! Hope you are having a great afternoon.
- H
Please give us a heads up before you bring that picture . I have cats in the house and that is one nasty looking thing .
Poor critters might freak out . That is the ugliest goat i have ever seen .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think it is important to plan anything right now. I really feel like you don't need to.

But if you want to learn to be self-sufficient and live healthy/cheap for the sake of it, or just for fun, probably the most practical route is Living on a Dime to start.

Saving Money Archives

These military takeover things aren't happening here much, but they are strong in Australia where teenagers are literally climbing over fences to escape.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100663994

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it is important to plan anything right now. I really feel like you don't need to.

But if you want to learn to be self-sufficient and live healthy/cheap for the sake of it, or just for fun, probably the most practical route is Living on a Dime to start.

Saving Money Archives

These military takeover things aren't happening here much, but they are strong in Australia where teenagers are literally climbing over fences to escape.

We shall simply trust in the glorious Lord .
But there is something far bigger at work going on .
Remember , in the bible , what happens when a nation shows God the spine .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Saving Money Archives

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://youtube.com/shorts/0JVM4cZVWHg?feature=share

Just don't try to eat at Applebees in NYC without being vaxxed, eek

@amigo de christo @Mayflower
Read a verse today that was put at the end of a video for oatmeal banana pancakes. (Kid has food texture sensitivity, gotta work around it)

Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://youtube.com/shorts/0JVM4cZVWHg?feature=share

Just don't try to eat at Applebees in NYC without being vaxxed, eek

@amigo de christo @Mayflower
Read a verse today that was put at the end of a video for oatmeal banana pancakes. (Kid has food texture sensitivity, gotta work around it)

Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
They can keep apple bees and anything else . I had rather eat my plain ordinary food and have the Glorious LORD
than to take that nasty shot . I wont be missing night clubs , bars ,restaurants , or anything else .
We got the LORD . They can keep all the rest . Truth is i gave that up long ago anyway .
Its all about living for the LORD now and i got my peace and my joy , no matter what comes against me .
FOR THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS , YES HE IS FLUFFY , YES HE IS . And they can keep their shot and their coming chip too .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a well-presented video, and very easy to follow. A lot of people were doing that around here as well. The epidemic combined with hurricane relief, and nobody was working. And the minute they got a stimulus check on top of their $800 in unemployment, they would go out and splurge on gambling or big screen TVs and stuff.

I think the Schiff analysis I posted in an earlier video points out the biggest weaknesses in the whole plan. The government prevented many from working while paying them not to. It resulted in extremely low production while amassing tremendous debt in the process to make it look like all was well when we were going off a cliff, and the populace at large didn't know they were doing it. It was all, "Hallaluyah! Let's go spend that government check!" :rolleyes:
Please give us a heads up before you bring that picture . I have cats in the house and that is one nasty looking thing .
Poor critters might freak out . That is the ugliest goat i have ever seen .

You don't like his heart-shaped earring? I thought that was a nice touch.

Ok, here's the goat I posted for Backlit earlier today. I just thought the other one went better with the peace pipe thing.

funny-goats-pictures.jpg

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a well-presented video, and very easy to follow. A lot of people were doing that around here as well. The epidemic combined with hurricane relief, and nobody was working. And the minute they got a stimulus check on top of their $800 in unemployment, they would go out and splurge on gambling or big screen TVs and stuff.

I think the Schiff analysis I posted in an earlier video points out the biggest weaknesses in the whole plan. The government prevented many from working while paying them not to. It resulted in extremely low production while amassing tremendous debt in the process to make it look like all was well when we were going off a cliff, and the populace at large didn't know they were doing it. It was all, "Hallaluyah! Let's go spend that government check!" :rolleyes:

You don't like his heart-shaped earring? I thought that was a nice touch.

Ok, here's the goat I posted for Backlit earlier today. I just thought the other one went better with the peace pipe thing.

funny-goats-pictures.jpg
Something far bigger is at work . They getting the people ready for what they have long dreamed and planned for .........
And this is what happens when a peoples , tribes , nations and worse churches , show GOD the back .
As for me and the lambs , WE GOT CHRIST . And i never expected this world to love us .
They got the solution coming my friend . DONT TOUCH IT is all i can say . Its all about a system .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the minute they got a stimulus check on top of their $800 in unemployment, they would go out and splurge on gambling or big screen TVs and stuff.
(Very personal belief here)

I think that was the start to a setup of putting people in a position of relying on the government and also an attempt to exert funds.

Where has that ever happened before

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Put those hands up , fluffy and all , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME . This world is gonna do as its gonna do
but it wont last forever . THE NEW WORLD and NEW HEAVEN is what the lambs look forward too .
WE look foward to the COMING OF OUR GLORIOUS LORD JESUS CHRIST . HAVING all hope above on HIM
And we point all we can to Christ and all bible doctrine . This world aint gonna make it
In the end the lambs are forever with the glorious KING . Till then armour up , its only getting worse in this world .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the most awesome part!
yes it is dear sister . ONE day we gonna be with the KING and it will be new heavens and a new earth .
WHEREIN there is no more evil . no more sorrow , no more death , no more rape , no more lies
no more abortion , no more ...................exactly . JUST one wonderful place with the GLORIOUS LORD .
Being free even from these fleshly bodies . Oh what a day it will be my dear sister .
TILL then armour up , its only gonna get more deceptive and far worse .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Very personal belief here)

I think that was the start to a setup of putting people in a position of relying on the government and also an attempt to exert funds.

In some ways it was kinda more of the same, only on steroids now. They had effectively created a burgeoning poor class that was dependent on the government already. They are just attempting to take things to the next level now by lassoing the economy so badly that more and more people are starting to become dependent. And wait and see what happens when the government finally runs out of money to give away some day. That's when all Hell will break loose. The dependent class will think the government is being unfair, and then take to the streets and start destroying everything. I suspect that's coming eventually as well, though it may take awhile to get here.

Took a look at your link, Mayflower, and it tries to take a more positive tone. There are several videos out there attempting to do the same thing. The problem is that it becomes very difficult to trust the powers that be here. When they know things are looking very bad they will try to keep the populace calm by telling them everything is going to be just fine. If you watch from 4:30 - 5:30 of the second video in Post #15, it explains this. They have lied to the public in the past, and Peter Schiff makes the argument that they are lying even more to us right now.

Reactions: DuckieLady

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In some ways it was kinda more of the same, only on steroids now. They had effectively created a burgeoning poor class that was dependent on the government already. They are just attempting to take things to the next level now by lassoing the economy so badly that more and more people are starting to become dependent. And wait and see what happens when the government finally runs out of money to give away some day. That's when all Hell will break loose. The dependent class will think the government is being unfair, and then take to the streets and start destroying everything. I suspect that's coming eventually as well, though it may take awhile to get here.

Took a look at your link, Mayflower, and it tries to take a more positive tone. There are several videos out there attempting to do the same thing. The problem is that it becomes very difficult to trust the powers that be here. When they know things are looking very bad they will try to keep the populace calm by telling them everything is going to be just fine. If you watch from 4:30 - 5:30 of the second video in Post #15, it explains this. They have lied to the public in the past, and Peter Schiff makes the argument that they are lying even more to us right now.
I have only this to say , TRUST THOU IN GOD and NOT IN GOVT . exactly my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They breaking down the middle wall , aka the middle class . This is all about the system they have long desired my friend .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My feelings on it are pretty basic

1. Trust God, Don't have any fear
2. Keep living
3. Don't trust the media
4. If you do want to do something to feel more secure, make simple practical adjustments here and there as life goes on, and things will usually fall into place on their own.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And my skills arent part of a apocalyptic preparedness anymore- it is just a basic routine and healthier way of life.

If it helps later, that's cool.