Returning To A 19th Century Standard Of Living Soon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dream interpretation.....is from an individual's mind being interpreted by a mind. Is it because God put it there or did they eat too much peanut butter before they went to bed?

LoL!

It always depends on the dream. I think the way God may have designed things is that we are set up to dream naturally, so that if He needs to He can use them to communicate something to us that is truly from Him. This is why you can have all sorts of dreams that don't really make much of an impression on you, but then turn around and have one that literally wakes you up out of a sound sleep; why you can have one that hardly registers on the memory upon waking, and another that is impossible to forget 10 years later, and keeps repeating itself over and over again even though you haven't.

Gimme a sec. The dogs are going off which means my wife is home and may need some help : )

Reactions: Grailhunter

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There dream can be influenced by personal experiences and fears. The dream I gave you is a reoccurring dream and I do not have a fear bone. So I do not fear what is to come.

Yes. Whenever I hear the words "repeated dream," that usually means it's the Lord communicating something (if coming from a Christian anyway. Not sure if the other side receives repeat dreams as well). But that's why I reacted the way I did after I read through it and you said this was a dream that had repeated itself. It was like, "Oh my goodness!" LoL. But no matter how strange, under those conditions (and the fact that it contained very different, very memorable symbolism) I knew there was very likely something to it, which is why I started searching despite how weird it was.
Prophecy....as you might suspect is something that is well covered in college theology. The language and style of prophecy. I prefer Holy Ghost churches...so I see and hear a lot of prophecy. I have experience in that area. One of the most interesting aspect of prophecy is...can it change?....if it does, does it mean that the initial interpretations or understandings of the prophecies were wrong?

Yes it can change, and no it does not mean that the prophecies were not of God. You see, what the Spirit is doing when He prophecies, especially if it involves strategies of the enemy, is to tell you what the enemy is planning as of the current time. It's akin to what Paul said that "we are not ignorant of his devices." The Spirit lets you know what he is planning, so you are aware and can be taking counter measures, which in turn may cause him to take counter measures, and then the prophecies will change according to the new situation as it stands. It's like moves and countermoves in the Spirit realm.

But when it comes to this subject matter here, that's a bit more set in stone. While it may not happen right away, rest assured it is likely coming, because you are here dealing with economic forces in play that, barring unforeseen events, are with virtual certainty going to play out logically according to their current trajectory. And keep in mind also that all of this plays into the hands of God ultimately. He is going to have a harvest, and mankind in the modern era has been going about their business as if they don't truly need God. They are about to find out that they do, especially when the governments of the world eventually are no longer able to meet the needs of their people, and the people finally start turning in desperation to the One True Source of fulfillment and provision in life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
afb4b628-cb28-404a-a23b-4b64b55b898c.jpg

This is fantastic. See, in effect, our children are an army we are training, and it doesn't take a thousand men to do real damage in the spiritual war. One true man or woman of God with the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ behind him (or her) is as powerful as a hundred "Christians" who are simply going through the motions but have no calling, no education in the things of God, no armor, no weapons, no real authority in Christ, and no anointing. I'd take five people with real spiritual authority over a thousand without it. The thousand will often be just clutter that need more maintaining than what they are worth.

That may sound mean, but in the real spiritual war one does not have time to worry very much about other people's "feelings."

I like this quote from Spurgeon. It's a good one.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something interesting I found this morning on actual living conditions during the 19th century. Referring to the Industrial Revolution, which stretched from the late 1700s through the late 1800s, I found the following:

According to the historian T.S. Ashton, one reason that standard of living did not improve during industrialization... was that most of a person’s income would go towards rent and other necessities such as food and drink. People didn’t have enough extra money or any leftover money because of the fact that most of the money went to housing and food. Often, people wouldn’t have enough money after rent to even purchase food to feed the entire family, which led to rationing of the food that they had been able to purchase. Sometimes people wouldn’t even be able to eat due to their jobs dissipating or most of their checks going to housing. Although there was an increase of supplies for clothing, such as fabrics, many people of the working class could not afford them, which made them look more impoverished. Many of these lower class workers were subjected to awful working conditions and had less regulations in place at their jobs, were getting paid much less, which in turn made things worse for them. In modern diction, it would be said that they could barely make ends meet.

Yet another way to show that standard of living did not increase is literacy rate. According to an article by Stephen J. Nicholas and Jacqueline M. Nicholas, not only did literacy not grow during the Industrial Revolution, but actually decreased for most of it... Many people in the upper classes benefited during this time, however, the majority of people that were being affected by industrialization were the people in poverty and immigrants. They were suppressed by dirty tenant housing which often was crammed with too many inhabitants. These people were dealing with poor working conditions due to industrialization, and also had depressing conditions at home, including very little money, overworked families, and not enough food to go around. The overall effect of the Industrial Revolution on standard of living was positive for those in the higher classes, but much more negative for the working class.

The Standard of Living in Europe During the Industrial Revolution – Foundations of Western Culture:

I found the latter insights especially telling. In short, the rich got much richer while the poor got much poorer, which is essentially that same thing predicted by the dream. And as also stated in my interpretation, the increase in inflation will eventually make food and housing the primary concern because that's all people will be able to afford any more.

But again, I think these things will largely apply especially to the world and those not serving God. For those willing to give themselves entirely to His service, there will be ample provision, because provision will not be their primary concern. Serving God and others will be.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something interesting I found this morning on actual living conditions during the 19th century. Referring to the Industrial Revolution, which stretched from the late 1700s through the late 1800s, I found the following:

According to the historian T.S. Ashton, one reason that standard of living did not improve during industrialization... was that most of a person’s income would go towards rent and other necessities such as food and drink. People didn’t have enough extra money or any leftover money because of the fact that most of the money went to housing and food. Often, people wouldn’t have enough money after rent to even purchase food to feed the entire family, which led to rationing of the food that they had been able to purchase. Sometimes people wouldn’t even be able to eat due to their jobs dissipating or most of their checks going to housing. Although there was an increase of supplies for clothing, such as fabrics, many people of the working class could not afford them, which made them look more impoverished. Many of these lower class workers were subjected to awful working conditions and had less regulations in place at their jobs, were getting paid much less, which in turn made things worse for them. In modern diction, it would be said that they could barely make ends meet.

Yet another way to show that standard of living did not increase is literacy rate. According to an article by Stephen J. Nicholas and Jacqueline M. Nicholas, not only did literacy not grow during the Industrial Revolution, but actually decreased for most of it... Many people in the upper classes benefited during this time, however, the majority of people that were being affected by industrialization were the people in poverty and immigrants. They were suppressed by dirty tenant housing which often was crammed with too many inhabitants. These people were dealing with poor working conditions due to industrialization, and also had depressing conditions at home, including very little money, overworked families, and not enough food to go around. The overall effect of the Industrial Revolution on standard of living was positive for those in the higher classes, but much more negative for the working class.

The Standard of Living in Europe During the Industrial Revolution – Foundations of Western Culture:

I found the latter insights especially telling. In short, the rich got much richer while the poor got much poorer, which is essentially that same thing predicted by the dream. And as also stated in my interpretation, the increase in inflation will eventually make food and housing the primary concern because that's all people will be able to afford any more.

But again, I think these things will largely apply especially to the world and those not serving God. For those willing to give themselves entirely to His service, there will be ample provision, because provision will not be their primary concern. Serving God and others will be.
I forgot to mention I didn't get anything prophetic about this, but part of my prayer was about that the money being hoarded by evil people and not in the hands of a responsible person to care for God's people.

(Here's why: Something has bugged me for ages why do people like Zuck and Buffett, who have everything they need, always need to suck up more? They cannot be satisfied. While kids are sleeping in cars, homeless mothers can't even eat.)

@Hidden In Him do you think it is possible that it is not so much of a future dream and more of a warning to bring attention to the matter and bring it to God?

Gutenberg is always a good direct resource for all of this if you want to learn directly from the time:
Books: Money (sorted by popularity)

Search is just an example

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Here's why: Something has bugged me for ages why do people like Zuck and Buffett, who have everything they need, always need to suck up more? They cannot be satisfied. While kids are sleeping in cars, homeless mothers can't even eat.
Exactly, Fluffers.

Ecc 5:10 "He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity."

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Here's why: Something has bugged me for ages why do people like Zuck and Buffett, who have everything they need, always need to suck up more? They cannot be satisfied. While kids are sleeping in cars, homeless mothers can't even eat.)

Spirit of Greed, and by that I mean it's an actual demonic spirit that has been given an important role in bringing in the era of the Antichrist. I once read an eye-witness account from a man who was taken up in spirit and shown 2nd heaven, which is the realm where Satan now has his kingdom situated. During this tour of sorts, the man was shown several classes of demon that are being loosed on the earth, and increasingly effecting the hearts of men. One was the spirit of Greed. It appeared in the form of a "good ol' boy," like a well-dressed business man with a slight smirk on his face, but with eyes as cold as steel.

I was thinking about this same very thing just last night.
@Hidden In Him do you think it is possible that it is not so much of a future dream and more of a warning to bring attention to the matter and bring it to God?

This is always possible, but I have seen this coming for many years now, i.e. the worldwide economic crash. The thing I didn't know was exactly what form society would take when it came, and how it would still function. This dream explains it somewhat now, and I can see it already taking shape. We're all just learning to do with less as time goes on, until severe poverty starts to set in as the new norm.

Anyway, yes it's possible, but I think the dream is future tense without question myself.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went to get cleaned up before I took care of home stuff and I was reminded of this one:

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:.."

I'll explain this- I had a point to Him: A responsible wealthy person in the eyes of the Lord would gladly be a responsible caretaker, under the conviction that everything in this life is temporary.

All of the good we do for others, we do for the Lord, and our true treasures are in Heaven, but in this life - what is given to us should be used to do good.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but with eyes as cold as steel.
Tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this: many of the top people in this country have eyes turning really dark or almost black. I'm not being judgmental but I am noticing.

zuckerberg-apr16-1524027970.jpg

Exactly, Fluffers.

Ecc 5:10 "He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity."
Perfect verse! I would have not thought of that one. Thank you!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went to get cleaned up before I took care of home stuff and I was reminded of this one:

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:.."

I'll explain this- I had a point to Him: A responsible wealthy person in the eyes of the Lord would gladly be a responsible caretaker, under the conviction that everything in this life is temporary.

All of the good we do for others, we do for the Lord, and our true treasures are in Heaven, but in this life - what is given to us should be used to do good.

Yes, and there is nothing wrong with owning wealth. It's what we do with it that matters. Many of the patriarchs of scripture were wealthy men (i.e. Job, Abraham, etc), but they were also godly men, and generous by nature. The problem with many of the wealthy who own and control the world now is that they are not; in fact, many of them have attained to their wealth and power in this world by consciously giving themselves to the service of the god of this world in exchange for it. No small wonder if they are setting things up for the Antichrist to enter the picture at some point and "Save" humanity from their troubles.

Reminds me of a piece I read in another work I believed to be prophetic. Let me see if I can find it.

Here's the quote:
"The beast will call himself a man of peace. And he will bring peace to many nations out of a very chaotic time. He will be able to supply the world with many inexpensive goods, and he will assure that everyone's pay is sufficient. He will make an alliance with many nations, and the great men of the world will follow him into a false sense of security." But in another place she said, "But the peace will end in bloodshed, and the prosperity in great famine across the land."

Reactions: Mayflower

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and there is nothing wrong with owning wealth. It's what we do with it that matters. Many of the patriarchs of scripture were wealthy men (i.e. Job, Abraham, etc), but they were also godly men, and generous by nature. The problem with many of the wealthy who own and control the world now is that they are not; in fact, many of them have attained to their wealth and power in this world by consciously giving themselves to the service of the god of this world in exchange for it. No small wonder if they are setting things up for the Antichrist to enter the picture at some point and "Save" humanity from their troubles.

Reminds me of a piece I read in another work I believed to be prophetic. Let me see if I can find it.

Here's the quote:
"The beast will call himself a man of peace. And he will bring peace to many nations out of a very chaotic time. He will be able to supply the world with many inexpensive goods, and he will assure that everyone's pay is sufficient. He will make an alliance with many nations, and the great men of the world will follow him into a false sense of security." But in another place she said, "But the peace will end in bloodshed, and the prosperity in great famine across the land."
Walmart does that.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this: many of the top people in this country have eyes turning really dark or almost black. I'm not being judgmental but I am noticing.

I try not to look, LoL.

But such people need praying for like anyone else. Should some of these people realize the evil they have been giving themselves to and where things are really going, they may repent and turn to Jesus, and all their wealth will then be funneled into the hands of the people of God. And as the vision I quoted earlier in this thread said, the "luxury ships" which represented the very wealthy will actually not be a great place to be either. They won't be living a good life when things go bad because they will become the primary targets. They will have a lot of money, but they will constantly live in fear, needing to be defending their wealth against those trying to take it from them, which will make living conditions almost as unbearable for them as everyone else in some ways.

The real place of peace in the midst of the storm will be among the church, who will be walking in the blessings and provision of God supernaturally. They will have no need, and not walk in lack or fear, having nothing to protect because they will know God will provide, and their eyes will be focused on Him and not on the world or themselves.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walmart does that.
Walmart does what, serve the god of this world?...
If they do, I wish they'd ask him to get them a better variety of Blue Bell Ice Creams. I can't find Milk Chocolate anywhere anymore, Lol.

P.S. Forgive the joking around. Still taking you seriously. I just take any opportunity to keep things light, even when it comes to subject matter like this, Lol.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try not to look, LoL.

But such people need praying for like anyone else. Should some of these people realize the evil they have been giving themselves to and where things are really going, they may repent and turn to Jesus, and all their wealth will then be funneled into the hands of the people of God. And as the vision I quoted earlier in this thread said, the "luxury ships" which represented the very wealthy will actually not be a great place to be either. They won't be living a good life when things go bad because they will become the primary targets. They will have a lot of money, but they will constantly live in fear, needing to be defending their wealth against those trying to take it from them, which will make living conditions almost as unbearable for them as everyone else in some ways.

The real place of peace in the midst of the storm will be among the church, who will be walking in the blessings and provision of God supernaturally. They will have no need, and not walk in lack or fear, having nothing to protect because they will know God will provide, and their eyes will be focused on Him and not on the world or themselves.

This is very true

Walmart does what, serve the god of this world?...

If they do, I wish they'd ask him to get them a better variety of Blue Bell Ice Creams. I can't find Milk Chocolate anywhere anymore, Lol.
No the prophecy you posted--

The first thing Walton did was come as a good man giving the people a way to survive at a low cost and pay his employees well.

Then it spread around the world.

But if you knew where these goods were coming from and why the costs are so low you'd probably freak out. I did research on it. Not good. At all.

And then trading/wars/etc

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is very true

No the prophecy you posted--

The first thing Walton did was come as a good man giving the people a way to survive at a low cost and pay his employees well.

Then it spread around the world.

But if you knew where these goods were coming from and why the costs are so low you'd probably freak out. I did research on it. Not good. At all.

And then trading/wars/etc

Well post on it if you find anything. I never studied up on the Waltons very much... but there is another thing that is REALLY creepy in this regard, and the things you are posting keep keying me off on other prophecies I have read. Check this one out. It describes how the masses will do their "shopping" during the reign of the Antichrist, and just how impoverished things will become. It's like Walmarts turned into concentration camp facilities. I'll include the full quote about what happens to those who succumb to disease:

There was a desperate sadness in the air, and no one turned to the right or left. I saw that the people were being led about by some unseen force. Now and then a voice spoke to them out of the air, and they obeyed the voice. They did not talk to one another. I saw too that the number "666" was written on each one's forehead and on his hands. I saw soldiers on horses herding the people about as though they were cattle. The American flag, tattered and torn, lay forlornly on the ground. There was no joy, no laughter, no happiness. I saw death and evil everywhere. The people walked one behind another into a large department store. They kept in step like discouraged soldiers and were dressed identically in a type of prison garb. A fence surrounded the store, and guards were stationed here and there. Everywhere I looked, I saw soldiers in battle-dress uniforms. I saw these zombie-like people herded into the store, where they were able to buy only the barest necessities. As each completed his purchases, he was placed aboard a large green army truck.

The truck, well-guarded, was then driven to another area. Here, in a type of clinic, these people were examined for communicable diseases or crippling handicaps. A small number of them were shuffled to the side as rejects. Soon, those who failed the examination were taken to another room. In that room, an impressive array of switches, buttons and gages lined an entire wall. A door opened, and several technicians came in. One of them began to call the names of the people in the room. Without a struggle, they arose when their names were called and marched into a large box. When they were inside, another technician closed the door and pulled a switch in a panel on the wall. A few minutes later he opened the door, took down a broom and dust pan, and swept what remained of them off the floor. Nothing but a bit of dust was left of what had once been a roomful of people!

I saw those people who passed the medical exam being put back into the same truck and driven to a train. No one spoke or even turned to look at anyone else. At another building each person was assigned a job. They all went to work without a single dispute. I watched as they worked very hard at their assigned tasks, and then at the end of the day, they were taken to an apartment building with a high fence around it. Each undressed and went to bed. Tomorrow they would work hard again.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but there is another thing that is REALLY creepy in this regard, and the things you are posting keep keying me off on other prophecies I have read.
Welcome to my ADHD brain LOL

I asked the wealthy would be "robinhooded" to do what is right. Okay let me read over this.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to my ADHD brain LOL

I like you, sister. :) I think the prophecies spoken over you may likely come to pass some day, whether symbolically or literally. "Singing" can also be related to "having a voice" in prophetic matters, and you follow the leading of the Spirit in many of the things you say. He speaks to me through you sometimes, and at other times quickens my spirit to remember things He has shared with me personally before.

Anyway, just something I've been meaning to say. If that's "ADHD brain," don't get it fixed. It's seriously working for you, Lol.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
were examined for communicable diseases or crippling handicaps. A small number of them were shuffled to the side as rejects. Soon, those who failed the examination were taken to another room
Another ADHD moment here- not sure why it made me think of it. Probably nothing, but scurvy was caused by Vitamin C deficiency and Vitamin D deficiency caused Rickets.

Going over it it sounds like NY. They wanted to replace unvaccinated doctors with the National Guard- who are not required to be vaccinated until 2022.
New York may tap National Guard to replace unvaccinated healthcare workers

I didn't keep my eye on it so I don't know how it went, but they did the same thing to replace some school bus drivers.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wb...sachusetts-national-guard-school-bus-shortage

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like you, sister. :) I think the prophecies spoken over you may likely come to pass some day, whether symbolically or literally. "Singing" can also be related to "having a voice" in prophetic matters, and you follow the leading of the Spirit in many of the things you say. He speaks to me through you sometimes, and at other times quickens my spirit to remember things He has shared with me personally before.

Anyway, just something I've been meaning to say. If that's "ADHD brain," don't get it fixed. It's seriously working for you, Lol.
Lol thanks @Hidden In Him - I have to get some stuff done and let my phone charge but I'll check back later and see what you say :D