Revelation 11-the measure of the temple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
transcends time from the Psalms to today: Psalm 10:4-11 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God : God is not in all his thoughts. [5] His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them. [6] He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity. [7] His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity. [8] He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent:his eyes are privily set against the poor. [9] He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net. [10] He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones. [11] He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it
Yep.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, let's debate that then. The idea of having the "Spirit of Christ" by faith on Christ Jesus is actually what you mean to say.

Rom 8:4-12
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
KJV

You might want to go back to your preacher and show him how to properly word that from God's Word, instead of trying to put that as some "spirit of God" philosophy.
I see you are zealous but it's not for God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
transcends time from the Psalms to today: Psalm 10:4-11 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God : God is not in all his thoughts. [5] His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them. [6] He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity. [7] His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity. [8] He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor. [9] He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net. [10] He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones. [11] He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.

Proverbs 12:12-13 The wicked desireth the net of evil men : but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit. [13] The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.

Psalm 31:4-5 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength. [5] Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
VJ you just gave me some more good information. but first i would like to share a cross reference with you in what you posted in Psalm 10:4-11. "The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God : God is not in all his thoughts".

now listen to the opposit of the wicked, those who are saved. Malachi 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Malachi 3:17 "And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Malachi 3:18 "Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

see, those who speak of the LORD have him on their minds... "THOUGHTS" . as the LORD said by Malachi 3:16 "and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD".

thanks VJ, as said we learn everyday. another good cross reference with "UNDERSTANDING" connected to the book of LIFE in Malachi 3:16.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the battle of Armageddon happens PRIOR to Christ's "thousand years" reign of Rev.20.
First just one QUESTION, "if the Battle of Armageddon happens PRIOR to Christ's "thousand years" reign, why have a second resurrection when all the dead small and great stand before christ in the final Judgment". listen good, Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection".

so you have dead that will live after the 1,000 years. please explain.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you are zealous but it's not for God.
Please give us some more references pertaining to Satan living through men.

I’ll give one,

James 1:14-15 KJV
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. [15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Tecarta Bible

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the 'falling away' of 2 Thess.2 has not happened yet,

Luke 8:11-13 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. [12] Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. [13] They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Mark 4:16-17 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; [17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Matthew 24:8-12 All these are the beginning of sorrows. [9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. [10] And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. [11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. [12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 16:23-24 KJV
[23] But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. [24] Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Tecarta Bible

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
curious exactly what you mean by “new age”. Torn there because are we not to speak of a new age? Hebrews 6:4-5 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, [5] And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world (age)to come,

but do you mean “new age” as in not waiting for the Lord? We started going to a bible study and maybe it is what you consider new age...as in (the message being)we possess it all now and make it manifest as so. There was an older man so frustrated because his back is so broken down he can barely sit upright but is being convinced he can speak to the pain and force it to leave. He comes every time so frustrated beating himself down because he is not seeing the pain gone, manifested as he is being told it should. Oddly, one of the reasons I’ve responded so much to your post on the fruit of the tree of Life is because they also were discussing which fruits we all thought would be growing on it...apples, oranges...saying obviously there are trees there that have fruit.

do think we wait upon the Lord, Davy. It not yet being seen but instead “as poor” “as having nothing”. 2 Corinthians 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

i’m not against you. Just like when I go to the Bible study with what you consider (I think) new age (name and claim it?) ...I’m not wanting to take away from them but edify and encourage only saying “hey, I want you to have something which doesn’t fail.” The only major problem I have with what you say, is the following verse is so hopeful and encouraging that God says there WILL be fruit and it will not be consumed. He even goes as far as saying elsewhere He will keep the devourer (rebuke him)from eating it up. When you make it just a literal tree with literal fruit ...at least for me it diminishes the promises of God that His fruit of the Spirit will be for meat, and He will heal.
Ezekiel 47:12 "And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

There was a doctrinal battle between the school at Alexandria, Egypt and the other Church fathers not of that area. The Wescott and Hort translation of their New Testament came from the Alexandria texts, as they argued they were older than the Textus Receptus Greek texts. So they also argued older means more accurate. But that's not really true, as the Textus Receptus make up the majority of Greek New Testament manuscripts and show extensive usage by the early Church. But the Alexandria texts are very few and do not show large usage, meaning what? Meaning they were largely discarded. But here comes along Wescott and Hort in 1881 with a plan to defame the Textus Receptus (as they even admitted in their own words), and they got their translation of the Alexandrian texts to be used for later New Testament translations.

That is where the 'humanity' philosophy originates, from the later NT translations using the Alexandria texts instead of the Textus Receptus which the KJV uses. Reason is because of the the multitude of Greek philosophy the Alexandrian Christian school was subject to in that area (read Clement and Origen's writings).

And it's not difficult to do a little bit of research on the different readings of translations like the NIV in comparison with the KJV, and discover that many Scriptures in the Textus Receptus Greek manuscripts are totally missing in the NIV. With the later NT Bibles, you don't even have a full New Testament.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a doctrinal battle between the school at Alexandria, Egypt and the other Church fathers not of that area. The Wescott and Hort translation of their New Testament came from the Alexandria texts, as they argued they were older than the Textus Receptus Greek texts. So they also argued older means more accurate. But that's not really true, as the Textus Receptus make up the majority of Greek New Testament manuscripts and show extensive usage by the early Church. But the Alexandria texts are very few and do not show large usage, meaning what? Meaning they were largely discarded. But here comes along Wescott and Hort in 1881 with a plan to defame the Textus Receptus (as they even admitted in their own words), and they got their translation of the Alexandrian texts to be used for later New Testament translations.

That is where the 'humanity' philosophy originates, from the later NT translations using the Alexandria texts instead of the Textus Receptus which the KJV uses. Reason is because of the the multitude of Greek philosophy the Alexandrian Christian school was subject to in that area (read Clement and Origen's writings).

And it's not difficult to do a little bit of research on the different readings of translations like the NIV in comparison with the KJV, and discover that many Scriptures in the Textus Receptus Greek manuscripts are totally missing in the NIV. With the later NT Bibles, you don't even have a full New Testament.

not sure what you are saying ...

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not sure what you are saying ...KJV is wrong then? Mostly life supports the falling away. There was a house and great was its fall. Matthew 7:25-29 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. [26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: [27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. [28] And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: [29] For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Matthew 16:15-18 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? [16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. [17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. [18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
But that temple in Jerusalem fell, just as the Lord forecast. 2k years ago

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 12:38-44 KJV
[38] And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces, [39] And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts: [40] Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation. [41] And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. [42] And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. [43] And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: [44] For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Here’s the devourer for those who have ears, the religious elite. Jesus said so and when He had given the evidence of it, went outside and said I Am bringing it all down, but of course what the Lord makes desolate men( Satan) struggles to rebuild......

Tecarta Bible

John 2:14-20 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: [15] And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; [16] And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. [17] And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. [18] Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? [19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. [20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:14-20 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: [15] And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; [16] And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. [17] And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. [18] Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? [19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. [20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Wow!!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse of the day on my bible app:
Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what a good communist would say. And I don't know any communist that is a believer on Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First just one QUESTION, "if the Battle of Armageddon happens PRIOR to Christ's "thousand years" reign, why have a second resurrection when all the dead small and great stand before christ in the final Judgment". listen good, Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection".

so you have dead that will live after the 1,000 years. please explain.

PICJAG.

You're not gonna' like my explanation of that, since it's apparent you've been taught there's people still in flesh bodies after Jesus' return.

Fact 1: when Jesus returns on the "day of the Lord", man's works on this earth will be burned up by God's consuming fire. We know this from 2 Peter 3:10-12 and from the end of Hebrews 12, and from the OT prophets. Isaiah 25 even reveals the veil of this present world is going to be removed for all nations, as that is where Apostle Paul was pulling from about death being swallowed up in victory when teaching this in 1 Cor.15. This event is what will end this present world and usher all peoples into the world to come. Not just those in Christ alive on earth will be 'changed' at the twinkling of an eye on that "last trump", but all peoples alive on earth will be changed, to the "spiritual body". That is one of the mysteries taught in Isaiah 25 where Paul was pulling from. In the world to come we are not in flesh bodies anymore.

Fact 2: when Jesus comes to gather His Church on that last day, He brings the "asleep" saints with Him, from Heaven. It's because they are already there with Him. At His descent to this earth He also gathers those of His still alive on earth, immediately after they are 'changed'. That is how... those will be "caught up" on His way to Jerusalem on earth. And per Zech.14, His feet will touch down upon the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem, and all His elect saints with Him, to begin His future "thousand years" reign over all nations.

Fact 3: on the day of Christ's return, the wicked dead are resurrected also, to their "resurrection of damnation" (John 5:28-29). Both the "resurrection of life" and a "resurrection of damnation" happens on that day of Christ's 2nd coming.

Fact 4: Revelation 22:14-15 shows the unsaved dwelling outside the holy city where Christ's elect are. That is during the "thousand years" of Rev.20, about the nations of the unsaved. That is the "outer darkness" our Lord Jesus described in The Gospel.

Fact 5: After Jesus returns, the ONLY death remaining is the casting of one's soul with spirit into the future "lake of fire" at God's Great White Throne Judgment. That is also when death and hell are cast into that "lake of fire" and will be no more. Revelation 20 calls this the "second death".

Fact 6: our Lord Jesus taught the idea of one being spiritually 'dead' inside, when He spoke of the blind scribes and Pharisees. That idea goes with His teaching that we must be "born again" per John 3. That is about our spirit inside our flesh being born of The Spirit through faith on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ. This is required to have eternal life, and be part of the "resurrection of life".

Fact 7: because a 1st resurrection unto eternal life is mentioned, it automatically suggests there will be at least one more resurrection unto eternal life. Notice the 1st resurrection of Rev.20 is not talking about the "resurrection of damnation". That's why it is a mistake to assign the 2nd suggested resurrection as a resurrection of other still dead only to a resurrection of death that goes into the lake of fire. Thusly...

Fact 8: the suggested 2nd resurrection is unto eternal life along with those in Christ Jesus. It is for those unsaved during Christ's "thousand years" reign that believe on Him and are then saved.

Fact 9: per Ezekiel 44, Christ's future "thousand years" will be a great time of teaching the peoples the difference between the holy and the profane. The unsaved will stand in judgment during that whole period. Only Christ's elect, the Zadok, which means The Just, will be allowed to approach Him and serve Him at His table.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

2 Tim 4:2-4
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
KJV