Revelation 8:1-5 silence, half hour, earthquake ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
  1. Revelation 11:19: - 19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, turmoil, and great hail.
This has already happened

I see this as still a near future event because of the other events that must first take place before the Everlasting Kingdom of God is established here on the earth.

Shalom

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 8:1 When the Lamb broke the Seventh Seal, there was silence in heaven for about a half hour.

We are clearly told that the ‘about a half hour’, is in heaven. Time in heaven is not and cannot be the same as earthly time, heaven doesn’t rotate or orbit the sun. God is eternal, His ways are not our ways. Anyway, the Bible informs us twice that one day in heaven is like [as] 1000 years on earth. Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 Genesis speaks of ‘6 days’ of creation, it seems more logical that they were actually 1000 year periods, or allegorically pointing to God’s 7000 year Plan for the earth.

We have a date for the completion of the 6000 year era of mankind’s rule, obtained from the careful addition of the Biblical kings reigning periods and the commencement of Jesus’ ministry in 30/31 AD. Luke 3:1
It is 2031 and as we are now in 2019, only 12 years remain until the Return of Jesus. [Remember, our years are counted from their commencement]

It has been assumed that the ‘half hour’ starts soon after the Sixth Seal and finishes at the commencement of the Trumpet and Bowl punishments of the Great Tribulation. That is: 3½ years before the Return. But the Sixth Seal commences the Wrath of God and the Lamb, Rev. 6:17, then we see it isn’t until the completion of the Great Tribulation, that the Wrath of God is finished. Revelation 15:1

The calculation of 1000 divided by 48 gives us a heavenly half-hour of about 20 earth years.
Therefore if, as seems likely, if the Sixth Seal – the great and terrible Day of the Lord, happens very soon – perhaps on the Day of Trumpets, it will be 12 years until 2031. So that will be the period of ‘silence in heaven’ but of tumult and huge changes on earth!

A lot must happen during that time – the regeneration of the Land, many prophesies about that – the Lord will send rain. Then the gathering, and settling of His people, again many prophecies – houses rebuilt, land productive... The selection of the 144,000, The Gog Magog attack and 7 years clean up. The treaty with the Anti-Christ, the AoD in the new Temple and 3½ years of the Great Tribulation. Then the glorious Return in 2031.

It all fits and I see the Hand of God in it.

Is it really speculated that 2031 is the date of Christ's return? I've only recently been given light about Revelations and have been hungry to learn more. I personally feel that we cannot be that far off - I hope and pray not. I just read a quote that Billy Graham said 60 YEARS AGO that if God doesn't judge America He's going to have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrha.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The kingdom is within you

But the Daniel 2 prophecy that God will establish His everlasting kingdom during the time of the kings of the fifth segment of the statue has not yet happened.

The statement that the Kingdom is within you is a red herring with respect to our understanding of the End Time prophecies. It is a deflection from understanding the prophecies of God about the end times, and as such is not very helpful in that respect.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Daniel 2 prophecy that God will establish His everlasting kingdom during the time of the kings of the fifth segment of the statue has not yet happened.

The statement that the Kingdom is within you is a red herring with respect to our understanding of the End Time prophecies. It is a deflection from understanding the prophecies of God about the end times, and as such is not very helpful in that respect.

You mean the 10 toes?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You mean the 10 toes?

No the two feet with the ten toes which is the fifth segment of the statue. The feet and the toes are essential to keep the statue/a person upright. That is why the rock attacks only the feet and toes to cause the statue to fall down.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the two feet with the ten toes which is the fifth segment of the statue. The feet and the toes are essential to keep the statue/a person upright. That is why the rock attacks only the feet and toes to cause the statue to fall down.

The feet are included with the legs, the toes always spoken of separately.Ten Toes.gifEU.jpg

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is it really speculated that 2031 is the date of Christ's return? I've only recently been given light about Revelations and have been hungry to learn more. I personally feel that we cannot be that far off - I hope and pray not.
Also a reply to Jay Ross, regarding the Biblical timeline;
7000 years from the Creation to the Completion of Mankind:
Genesis 1:27 Adam was created in 3970.5 BCE subtracted back from 586 BCE, from:
Gen 5:3 Seth +130, Gen 5:6 Enoch +105, Gen 5:9 Kenan +90, Gen 5:12 Mahalalel +70, Gen 5:15 Jared +65, Gen 5:18 Enoch +162, Gen 5:21 Methuselah +65, Gen 5:25 Lamech +187, Gen 5:28 Noah+182, Gen 6:7 The Flood came when Noah was +600, Gen 11:10 Our year 2314.5 BCE
Arpachshad +2 - born to Shem after the flood. Gen 11:12 Selah +35, Gen 11:14 Heber +30, Gen 11:16 Peleg +34, Gen 11:18 Reu +30, Gen 11:20 Serug +32, Gen 11:22 Nahor +30 , Gen 11:24 Terah +29, Gen 11:26 Abram +70, Abram was +52 when God called him and they left Ur. Our year 1970.5 BCE He lived in Haran for 23 years, then went to Canaan at age 75. Genesis 12:4
Total years so far = 2000

Gen 17:1, Abraham was 99 when the Covenant was made with God. +47 Genesis 17:1-8

Galatians 3:17 Paul states that the Law was given +430 after the Covenant. Total years elapsed until the Exodus – 2477, in our year 1493.5 BCE.
[Many ancient records say Comet Typhon passed close the earth at that time. It was the cause of many of the disasters in Egypt.]

1 Kings 6:1 The Temple construction starts, in the 4th year of King Solomon +480 since the Torah was given at the Exodus.. 1 Kings 11:42 Solomon 40 minus 4 = +36, 1 Kings 14:21 Rehoboam +17, 1 Kings 15:2 Abijah +3, 2 Chron 16:13 Asa +41, 1 Kings 22:42 Jehoshaphat +25, 2 Kings 8:17 Jehoram +8, 2 Kings 8:26 Ahaziah +1, 2 Kings 11:1-3 Athaliah +6, 2 Kings 12:1 Joash +40, 2 Kings 14:2 Amaziah +29, 2 Kings 15:1-2 Azariah +52, 2 Kings 15:33 Jotham +16, 2 Kings 16:2 Ahaz +16, 2 Kings 18:1-2 Hezekiah +29, 2 Kings 21:1 Manasseh +55, 2 Kings 21:19 Amon +2, 2 Kings 22:1 Josiah +31, 2 Kings 23:31 Jehoahaz +3mths, 2 Kings 23:36 Jehoiakim +11, 2 Kings 24:8 Jehoichin +3mths, 2 Kings 24:18-20 Zedekiah +11, who ruled until the Babylonian captivity in our year of 586 BCE.

Total elapsed years to the first exile of Judah = 3386.5

586 BCE + 613.5 years + 2 comes to 29.5 CE, the date of Jesus’ baptism. Luke 3:1 Plus 2 to include the total number of elapsed years, as our calendar system counts years from their commencement.

3386.5 + 613.5 = 4000 years from Adam to Jesus.

July 2018.5 CE - 29.5 CE = 1989 years since the commencement of Jesus’ Ministry.

1989 + 4000 = 5989 years, is where we are now. 5989 + 11 = 6000 years

2018.5 CE + 11 = 2029.5 CE Exactly 2000 years to the end of the present Church age.

4000 since Abraham, 6000 since Adam. Next comes the 1000 year reign of Jesus, with the Great White Throne judgment at the end of it.

7000 years is God’s decreed time for mankind.

Those who have been found worthy will go into Eternity with God. Revelation 22:1-5

Addendum: Because Jesus worked in His mission on earth for 3½ years, the two ‘days’ prophesied in Hosea 6:2 and confirmed by Jesus in Luke 13:32, that He will spend in heaven from Ascension to Return, should have the 3½ years added to it, making a total of 2003.5 years since 29.5 CE = 2033 for the commencement of the Millennium.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. What is the silence in heaven ?

2. How long is the 1/2 hour ? In Rev. 17 there is a 1 hour
What is going on during this time frame ?

3. v.5 Angel cast fire into the earth and there was voices, thundering, lighting
and an earthquake. So will there be a calamity event here or what ?
This happens before the 7 trumpets messages is given.

Opinion is welcome here.
Possibility is welcome here.
Truth is welcome here. :)
  1. Noise in the world, aka, the big bang. 1 Thessalonians
  2. "A time, times, and half a time."
  3. How many times do I have to tell you?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In response to @ Keraz, please allow me to outline your errors.

The beginning of your errors is your claim as to the year Adam was created. The range of chronologies as to when Adam was created ranges from 3836 BC to 5501 BC. You have probably chosen the chronologist E. Ruesnerus who published a number of books around 1600 AD. Why is his OT chronology right? What are the claimed errors in his chronology that you can prove as being wrong? Two other authors of his time tell us that the creation of Adam occurred in the year 3971 BC.

I believe Lydiat’s chronology of 4107 BC is the closest to the mark with respect to the Chronology of the O.T. and has confirmed for me my understanding of the end of this age.

First off, the year that the flood began was in the year 1656AA (after the creation of Adam), which we both agree on, in the 600 year of Noah.

However, the flood ended in the 601 year of Noah’s life, as recorded in Genesis: -

Genesis 8:13-14: - 13 And it came to pass in the six hundred and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, that the waters were dried up from the earth; and Noah removed the covering of the ark and looked, and indeed the surface of the ground was dry. 14 And in the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dried.

First Error: - The end of the Flood was in the 601 year of the life of Noah with Arpachad born 2 years later. That means that you have your first error in your chronology.

You then correctly present the ages of the next grouping of Patriarchs up and until Abraham was born in the year 1049 AA. (

Second Error: - Your claim that 2,000 AA was the year that Abraham left Ur. The error is compounded from your first error where you have incorrectly calculated the year in which Arpachad was born.

The Bible is silent on the age of Abraham when Terah and Abraham left Ur. Your claim that Abraham was 52 years old is based on the Book of Jasher, Chapter 11 verse 45 and the story that is outlined in chapters 11 to 13. I have no problems with this understanding but the Book of Jasher has many errors contained within it and as such it is usually considered to carry no weight. However, the Book of Jasher, suggests that God had already established his covenant with Abraham before Abraham had left Ur.

Stephen in his defence in Acts 7 repeated this understanding from the Book of Jasher which was not disputed by the high priest when Stephen said the following: -

Acts 7:2-3: - 2 And he said, "Brethren and fathers, listen: The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran, 3 and said to him, 'Get out of your country and from your relatives, and come to a land that I will show you.

Third Error: - You then went on to claim that God had begun to establish His covenant with Abraham when Abraham was 99 years old and no longer living in the city of Ur in the Chaldeans.

But the Abrahamic Covenant was given by God to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as is noted in the Old Testament, and the final piece of the covenant was given to Isaac on his the way down to Egypt when Jacob was 130 years old, when God assured Jacob that He would bring his descendants back to the Land of Canaan.

Genesis 46:2-4: - 2 And God spoke to Israel in visions of the night, and said, "Jacob, Jacob." And he said, "Here am I." 3 Then he said, "I am God, the God of your father; do not be afraid to go down to Egypt; for I will there make of you a great nation. 4 I will go down with you to Egypt, and I will also bring you up again; and Joseph's hand shall close your eyes."

You then use Galatians 3:17 to justify your chronological calculations but use the wrong reference point for when the last of the covenant was given by claiming that the covenant was given to Abraham when he was 99 years old. In Exodus 12 we are told that the Israelites sojourned in Egypt for 430 years : -

Exodus 12:40-42: - 40 Now the sojourn of the children of Israel who lived in Egypt was four hundred and thirty years. 41 And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years — on that very same day — it came to pass that all the armies of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt. 42 It is a night of solemn observance to the Lord for bringing them out of the land of Egypt. This is that night of the Lord, a solemn observance for all the children of Israel throughout their generations.

This then agrees with Galatians 3:17 both of which confirm each other.

Based on this brief analysis I can see how you arrived at your conclusion but your assumptions lead you into a number of errors.

As such, I believe that the lesson of the fig tree provides a closer estimation of when the end of this present age will occur.

Shalom

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Really? No.
It would be a shock to me if you agreed to anything I pointed out!
The beginning of your errors is your claim as to the year Adam was created. The range of chronologies as to when Adam was created ranges from 3836 BC to 5501 BC. You have probably chosen the chronologist E. Ruesnerus who published a number of books around 1600 AD. Why is his OT chronology right? What are the claimed errors in his chronology that you can prove as being wrong? Two other authors of his time tell us that the creation of Adam occurred in the year 3971 BC.
Never heard of Ruesnerus. I am close enough to those other authors.
But first off, I want to say that I use 47 Bible verses to get the truth of the amazing timeline of God's plan for mankind. HE has timed it perfectly into 3 2000 year periods, and then the final 1000 years of the Millennium reign of Jesus. This incredibly accurate division of the different eras, is enough to convince anyone, except those whose agendas for what they want God to do for them, precludes the truth.
First Error: - The end of the Flood was in the 601 year of the life of Noah with Arpachad born 2 years later. That means that you have your first error in your chronology.
I use the year the Flood came.
The Bible is silent on the age of Abraham when Terah and Abraham left Ur. Your claim that Abraham was 52 years old is based on the Book of Jasher, Chapter 11 verse 45 and the story that is outlined in chapters 11 to 13. I have no problems with this understanding but the Book of Jasher has many errors contained within it and as such it is usually considered to carry no weight. However, the Book of Jasher, suggests that God had already established his covenant with Abraham before Abraham had left Ur.
I obtain the age of Abraham when he left Ur, by simple maths. He went to Canaan at 75, he lived in Haran for 23 years. 75-23= 52 , Exactly 2000 years since Adam.
I take no notice of Jasher or any other book than the Bible.
You then use Galatians 3:17 to justify your chronological calculations but use the wrong reference point for when the last of the covenant was given by claiming that the covenant was given to Abraham when he was 99 years old.
Genesis 17:1 says Abraham was 99 when God made the Covenant with him.
Based on this brief analysis I can see how you arrived at your conclusion but your assumptions lead you into a number of errors.
I have made no assumptions, other than the Addendum.
Obviously the Bible truths I point out don't suit your beliefs. You would be better to keep quiet than to show your opposition to them.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time seem to be what we like to look at to find out where we are or things to come.
Even thinking about time is to figure out when Jesus is coming for his bride.
Even when destruction will take place.
Even when Israel as a nation will be converted to Jesus
We just like to get the timing right.
Jesus did say about an event that he didn't even know when, only the Father knew.
What is more important than time is the event.
Yet we live by times and seasons.
We will continues to talk about it in our time.
Continue on.