Revelation of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet the queen likes marmalade and cheese too

Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The REAL group that Jesus gave His Book of Revelation to:

Rev 1:1-3
1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to shew unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

KJV

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people don't like what they don't or can't understand...

Agree. Shortly after posting this thread, the real question I was trying to ask became apparent. Why do so many view the Revelation of Jesus Christ as a book of wrath? When it is a testimony of Him: a testimony of peace, restoration, and healing. God bore our curses. He bore our plagues. Just like in the Passover: the doorpost have been stuck with blood but not with the blood of an animal, but instead a one time offering; with the blood of the Lamb. Those that don't know Him, I am sure Revelation speaks of rejection...but it doesn't have to. There is still time to know Him.

1 John 4:18-19
[18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. [19] We love him, because he first loved us.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, of course we should read it and study to know it. I was just saying why many avoid it. I certainly do not avoid it, and encourage others to read and study it.

Some years ago I was teaching a Bible class in a church where I was a fairly new member. The class leader was interested in the book of Revelation and asked if I would teach it. I said I would and he said he would have to clear it with the head of the Sunday School dept. He later said the man in charge said no. He was afraid it would cause to much arguments and agitation. Well, someone told me later that he had tried to teach it several months before and it turned into a fiasco. I don't think he was as concerned about it turning into a fiasco again as much as if it worked out great. It would not make him look good. The bottom line was he was in way over his head. So now, no one could be allowed to teach it.

Stranger
Stranger:

Your episode in a Bible study session is another reason why I don't do 'church' anymore. You don't know what you get once you are 'inside,' and then waste your precious time. These days, you have to interview the head preacher to see if he believes the way you do, especially if you consider yourself a mature believer and have been 'around the block a few times.'

APAK

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger:

Your episode in a Bible study session is another reason why I don't do 'church' anymore. You don't know what you get once you are 'inside,' and then waste your precious time. These days, you have to interview the head preacher to see if he believes the way you do, especially if you consider yourself a mature believer and have been 'around the block a few times.'

APAK

It can be discouraging. But I believe it is important for one to belong to a local fellowship of believers.

Yes it is good to talk to the pastor and find his beliefs. And if they have a statement of faith, that helps.

If one is a Bible teacher it gets more complicated. There must be an even closer agreement in doctrine or else trouble starts. Plus you have the jealousy and power factor to deal with on the churches part and pride and power on your part. But I still encourage membership to a church.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. Shortly after posting this thread, the real question I was trying to ask became apparent. Why do so many view the Revelation of Jesus Christ as a book of wrath? When it is a testimony of Him: a testimony of peace, restoration, and healing. God bore our curses. He bore our plagues. Just like in the Passover: the doorpost have been stuck with blood but not with the blood of an animal, but instead a one time offering; with the blood of the Lamb. Those that don't know Him, I am sure Revelation speaks of rejection...but it doesn't have to. There is still time to know Him.

[18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. [19] We love him, because he first loved us.

The book of Revelation is all you say it is. But, it is most definitely a book of wrath. It is the day of vengeance of our God.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
rolleyes
people so easily offended, nor surprising @bbyrd009 put a like to it.
ya ok, just keep skimming over all those posts you don't like the Scripture vv in
meanwhile, do what you like, most Christians do i guess

When you are willing to put Him first He will give you understanding here.
If you ever find the truth, you won't be offended by any of this

:/ it's like you're sleep-posting or something, lol

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you are willing to put Him first He will give you understanding here.
If you ever find the truth, you won't be offended by any of this
As I said before, just do your own thing, most christians do. Have a lovely day.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As I said before, just do your own thing, most christians do. Have a lovely day.
ha i mean no offense, mjr, but once ppl realize that they are not even having a real convo with you, and a post that you will ignore is the best they can hope for, what do you expect?

i mean, if you ever treated me as an equal, i would be compelled to be embarrassed now :/

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ha i mean no offense, mjr, but once ppl realize that they are not even having a real convo with you, and a post that you will ignore is the best they can hope for, what do you expect?

i mean, if you ever treated me as an equal, i would be compelled to be embarrassed now :/
See we are all equal, but as christians some come seeking the truth so they say, but all they want is to hear what they believe, we have a few very fine examples of that on here, itchy ears as is says in teh bible. That bit about, leading a horse to water but you cant make it drink, and God has that problem, He gives all those will receive His Spirit, His spirit, to teach and to guide them but to many He is juts a glorified bible teacher to others He is completely ignored as irrelevant today and so will all there learning and study, still know nothing. But that is there choice, God gave us His best, He cannot and will not force any one to do things His way. So you see it matters not to me what you choose because it is your choice. Jesus never came to offend yet many took offense.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is uncanny, mjr; your ability to press the respond button and type, without reading the post you are supposedly responding to, while hammering the exact antichurch message every time is quite stunning indeed.

You and BOL are two sides of the same coin - well, at least you dont call everyone a liar all day long....that is a plus

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is uncanny, mjr; your ability to press the respond button and type, without reading the post you are supposedly responding to, while hammering the exact antichurch message every time is quite stunning indeed.
And funny how you respond to people in such a way that they have to stumble upon your messages to respond to them. All ok. But you choose, whom you will serve. God or Man, your choice, a man cannot be the citizen of 2 countries without having to pick which side he is going to fight for. and no BOL and I are not the same, EH does nothing but defend his religion with no regard for God, Christ or the truth, I have done nothing but offer Christ whom is the better way, if you would rather "church" that is your choice.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First question: what is the "Revelation of Jesus Christ" and why do so many avoid it? Is not the "Revelation of Jesus Christ" the good news, then why is Revelation so often associated with wrath rather than mercy and grace?
:)

Paul eluded to the revelation of Jesus Christ when he said "to live is Christ", and "creating in Him one new man."

That revelation is the understanding that Christ is the only begotten, and that only those "in Christ" (the living and the dead) escape the bondage of this world and its curse of death from original sin. Our life, our future, is "in Him."

So, the gospel is typically considered more along the lines of the specific battle of coming, dying on the cross, and the resurrection. While the revelation of Jesus Christ is all encompassing, Beginning and the End.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it's all a "big mystery" bc no one wants to confess and rebound, imo
You and BOL are two sides of the same coin - well, at least you dont call everyone a liar all day long....that is a plus
i dunno; that would be a more honest reflection of his feelings, seems like to me.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"And funny how you respond to people in such a way that they have to stumble upon your messages to respond to them"
[/QUOTE]...seems to be as close as you ever get to even acknowledging someone's post, wadr; alluding to a snippet in a different context? to change the subject?
You might note that quoting you this way you are not specifically called out, so you can choose whether to stay on the defensive or not even; you do not have to do anything, see. But i would work on turning off the fight or flight thing, i mean you are fine just like you are ok, other ppl are always going to have a better idea lol

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
The Revelation of Jesus is the last warning for the world. No or any Christians more than 1 year can say they dont have read it. So this is what the book of Revelation tell us. It is written for our time. Ask yourself do you have the garments of Jesus? Read Revelation 12;17 and 14:12. Do you have those thing to belong to God?

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The foundation is Christ. I guess the question was why is the book of Revelation which is "the Revelation of Jesus Christ" often avoided?

Your question is strange. The entire Book of Revelation pertains to WHAT SHALL COME TO PASS, and ALL the mysteries, that men have NOT YET comprehended of Jesus Christ shall be revealed for ALL to SEE.

God Bless,
Taken

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Your question is strange. The entire Book of Revelation pertains to WHAT SHALL COME TO PASS, and ALL the mysteries, that men have NOT YET comprehended of Jesus Christ shall be revealed for ALL to SEE.

God Bless,
Taken
It is already revealed,the book of Revelation are many symbolic language, aslong Christian keep focused their eyes on the lieteral Israel in end times. They will never get the truth. Everybody focused their mind on literal amargeddon and a literal temple. Forget that this is a spiritual war. Ephesians 6:10-17. My friends don't you see what is happening now in this world? ONE WORLD ORDER AND ONE RELEGION. This is what is coming for the fulfillment of the prophecy of the mark of the beast. Only a FEW of Christians are ready for this moment.

Reactions: brakelite

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is already revealed,the book of Revelation are many symbolic language, aslong Christian keep focused their eyes on the lieteral Israel in end times. They will never get the truth. Everybody focused their mind on literal amargeddon and a literal temple. Forget that this is a spiritual war. Ephesians 6:10-17. My friends don't you see what is happening now in this world? ONE WORLD ORDER AND ONE RELEGION. This is what is coming for the fulfillment of the prophecy of the mark of the beast. Only a FEW of Christians are ready for this moment.

This is mankinds conundrum ~

Mankind is born natural, thus learns by literally hearing and seeing.

When mankind Hears, he is receiving KNOWLEDGE.

When mankind Sees, he is receiving
UNDERSTANDING of the Knowledge.

It's the natural growth process of mankind.

God designed a man to grow, age, learn, hear, reason, see results....

Without "literally" Hearing His Voice, without "literally" Seeing Him.

A man WHO becomes "born again", IS gifted with "Spiritually" Hearing His Voice; With "Spiritually" having the ability to SEE, and Recognize the Lords Works, coming to pass.

The conundrum is:
The Hearing is NOT LITERAL, but Spiritual
The Seeing is STILL LITERAL, but the Understanding is Spiritual.

Men focus ON THE LITERAL, as the Lord Himself gave for mankind to SEE a sign...
That the fulfillment of the UNDERSTANDING is nearing.

The SIGNS, are Warnings, to get your house in ORDER. Get your affairs IN ORDER. Announce to Others, that they may ALSO get their house in ORDER.

The PRECISE DAY is Secret.
The SIGNS are Warnings to BE PREPARED for the Day.

Man CANNOT STOP what SHALL COME...
But man can be PREPARED for what SHALL COME.

The Preparation...SOLELY rests on IF a man has ELECTED to heartfully trust to Believe IN God and His Word......or NOT, and is thus NOT Prepared.

Not for one to Worry..."IF" one IS prepared.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WHY a book of Wrath?
It isn't a book of Wrath.

It is Gods book of Knowledge.

No man is forced or required to Hear OR Learn Gods Knowledge.

However, the Knowledge reveals, God created mankind, FOR HIS PLEASURE.

The Knowledge reveals WHAT IS PLEASING to God, pertaining to what mankind does or does not do.

Everything a man DOES or DOES NOT DO, has a Consequence.

A consequence in relationship to OTHER men.
And A consequence in relationship to God.

Some Consequences are Favorable, (to the individual man), Some Consequences are NOT Favorable, (to the individual man).

Wrath is simply an UNFAVORABLE Consequence (to an individual man).

Saying; the Book of Knowledge...
Reveals the Knowledge OF Consequences...

Favorable and Unfavorable (to an individual),
Regarding God
And
Regarding other men.

IOW - Both favorable and unfavorable consequences ARE NOT SECRET, but rather Knowledge revealed...

No excuses for any to say...."they didn't have access to know this or that was going to result".

Sort of the same premise adopted in Civil Law; ignorance of the law is no excuse to avoid the Consequence that one finds unfavorable.

The Scripture provides the Knowledge.
The Civil Law is also provided the People.

If an individual chooses to be ignorant and not hear, learn, read....the individual makes his own choice to be ignorant....but it will not be a valid excuse to be relieved of the unfavorable Consequences.

God Bless,
Taken