Revival is not intellectual.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is my great blessing!

YEP, and that IS the point of the Big Picture...
WHO we seek...and WHO we Thank...

Govt....woe, woe, woe....save me.
Govt....thanks, thanks, thanks for the scraps you have stolen from others and doled out to me....whoopie!

Or....
Lord God Almighty....this Earth has become corrupt....Governing powers have beome corrupt....Lord God Almighty SAVE ME...
Lord God Almighty, bless you, for Blessing me....Thank YOU Lord, Thank YOU Lord..for YOUR Love...for YOUR Grace...YOUR Offering to MAKE ME WHOLE....YOUR Works IN Me.

Glory to God,
Taken

jessiblue

Aug 21, 2021
a Heavenly place
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m looking forward to a great revival! I believe this is the way that the gospel will go forth in the last days, because it will be the evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit. I think we’re very close to this happening.

Mark 13:10 "And the gospel must first be published among all nations."

Mark 13:11 "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost [Spirit]."
Acts 2, on Pentecost day; "This is that which was spoken of by Joel the Prophet."

Acts 2:16: "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;"

Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days,' saith God, `I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"

Acts 2:18 "And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy:"

Acts 2:19 "And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:"

Acts 2:20 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:"

Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.' "

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
During a time of worship at a prayer meeting in, I believe, 1995, I was between songs. As I stood in the dimly-lit room with my eyes half-open, I was suddenly in the Spirit. I saw a wave a distance away from me, though not knowing how far away it was, I couldn't tell the size of it.
Then, I was standing about 40 yards behind myself. In comparison to me, I saw the size of the wave. I was so startled that I jumped! It may have been about 1,000 feet tall! It was a fair distance away. A week later, on front of the Toronto Airport Vineyard magazine, "Spread The Fire," was a painting of a huge tsunami!
I've noticed that when the Spirit speaks sometimes, prophetic people all over hear the same thing. Throughout the years since then, I've occasionally heard someone talk about this giant wave. I saw this wave sometime during the last year or two. It was really close!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor is revival a revival into heresy. Todd Bentley was not revival from the Holy Spirit as you consider his words, actions, manner, teachings, everything!

The idea of "intellectual revival", I don't really see a counterpart to that in the world. I think maybe the intellectualism comes once the emotionalism fades, before the person fully lets go from their false conversion.

The reality of the revival is shown in its fruit, I think.

Much love!
Yes, there are two sides of the horse we can fall off on.

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More accurately, what I experienced, I called the renewal. I believe it was used by God to prepare for what is coming. We can speculate until the cows come home, but instead I cry out to God, and encourage others to do the same.
Lord, I have heard of Your fame and I stand in awe of Your deeds! Renew them. In our day and in our time, make them known! In wrath, remember mercy! You rescue and You save...You perform signs and wonders! Glorify Your Son, Lord, among the nations!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I have been seeing is cows...and they ain't coming home.
My brother is a farmer; he loves cows. He thinks manure has a wholesome smell. SMH
My dad said that my singing sounded like a cow that was stuck in the mud.
They said he had the wisdom of Job...he said he had a tin ear.
My son says my singing leaves a bit to be desired...he likes rap!
Beauty is in the eye...and ear...of the beholder!
My pastor made me a worship leader...he was the worst singer I've ever heard! Lol

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament draws a sharp line between the natural mind and the mind that has been touched by divine fire. When Peter made his good confession, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God," our Lord replied, "Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." And Paul expresses much the same thing when he says, "No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost."

The sum of what I am saying is that there is an illumination, divinely bestowed, without which theological truth is information and nothing more. While this illumination is never given apart from theology, it is entirely possible to have theology without the illumination. This results in what has been called "dead orthodoxy," and while there may be some who deny that it is possible to be both orthodox and dead at the same time I am afraid experience proves that it is.

Revivals, as they have appeared at various times among the churches of the past, have been essentially a quickening of the spiritual life of persons already orthodox. The revivalist, as long as he exercised his ministry as a revivalist, did not try to teach doctrine. His one object was to bring about a quickening of the churches which while orthodox in creed were devoid of spiritual life. When he went beyond this he was something else than a revivalist. Revival can come only to those who know truth. When the inner meaning of familiar doctrines suddenly flashes in upon the heart of a Christian the revival for him has already begun. It may go on to be much more than this but it can never be less.

A.W. Tozer

it seem you might be mincing words here a little bit. the simple truth is, theology is of men, and the Truth of God, is of God. to know is to experience and revelation of God is experienced. you either know the Lord God, or you don't. therefore as you referred to Peter experienced revelation that was of God and so, Peter knew. and Paul's explanation basically is the same in respect to Jesus isn't your Lord if you don't know Him, because if you know Jesus then He is most definitely your Lord. many claim He is Lord, but is He your Lord?

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it seem you might be mincing words here a little bit. the simple truth is, theology is of men, and the Truth of God, is of God. to know is to experience and revelation of God is experienced. you either know the Lord God, or you don't. therefore as you referred to Peter experienced revelation that was of God and so, Peter knew. and Paul's explanation basically is the same in respect to Jesus isn't your Lord if you don't know Him, because if you know Jesus then He is most definitely your Lord. many claim He is Lord, but is He your Lord?

Have you fallen on your face in the presence of Almighty God? That is what I am speaking about.... that is when Revival begins. There is nothing "Rational" about it. It is not based on theology or Knowledge, But is incomprehensible.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you fallen on your face in the presence of Almighty God? That is what I am speaking about.... that is when Revival begins. There is nothing "Rational" about it. It is not based on theology or Knowledge, But is incomprehensible.

yes it is rational or your just a nut job. the Lord isn't an idiot He expects knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. as far as falling on your face people have been doing that in front of idols and the like for thousands of years, where have you been?

even when those with devils would acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God its with knowledge of who, and what He is, otherwise they wouldn't have done so. revelation of Christ is the knowledge of Christ. if you want to talk about humility before God or in God's Presence that's another subject, isn't it?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes it is rational or your just a nut job. the Lord isn't an idiot He expects knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. as far as falling on your face people have been doing that in front of idols and the like for thousands of years, where have you been?

even when those with devils would acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God its with knowledge of who, and what He is, otherwise they wouldn't have done so. revelation of Christ is the knowledge of Christ. if you want to talk about humility before God or in God's Presence that's another subject, isn't it?

I was just thinking about this. Revive is to make alive,

Ephesians 2:5 KJV
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

This is revival. And that through faith.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Faith must be faith in God, in Christ, which requires understanding, and volition.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13:20-21 KJV
20) But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21) Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

This is the one having an emotional experience.

Emotions are an important part of our faith, but our faith should lead, not follow.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds like you have never been in the presence of God.

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. (Isaiah 6:3)

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: (Revelation 1:17)

I Will gladly take the moniker of a "nut job" from you. When You see Him You to will fall at his feet and worship Him.... A thrice Holy God in your presence will cause this and you too will be totally irrational when you do so.

Reactions: amadeus

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the one having an emotional experience.

Emotions are an important part of our faith, but our faith should lead, not follow.

Emotions? Really? Being in the Presence of God causes our Passions to come in Line with His Glory.

We believe with the heart, that is true faith. (Acts 8:37, Romans 10:9)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I found that my faith is a bridge to the reality of God. This reality has, at times, caused me to have powerful emotional responses.
I thank God for my faith and my emotions, which are both gifts from Him, from whom all blessings flow! Hallelujah!
This whole process, for me, began when someone read John 3:16 to me.

Reactions: marks and amadeus