Revival Relaunch (Campfire Style)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is written story type. Very laid back. Everyone just writes a part of the story with the different characters. No one plays a certain character or anything. Just remember this is a Christian forum, so the characters can have weaknesses and things, so keep it pg. :p or like I know we have written about car accidents so that is pg13, but ya know what I mean!!!! Lol!!!! Basically just for fun!!!! I have to go to college today though, so will have to get off boohoo. Lol. :D But if anyone wants to start off like @JesusIsFaithful @Angelina or @Nancy y'all sort of know the story line we came up with. If not I will post later tonight. ^-^

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. (First story I ever started.)
I'm better at endings so, I will go ahead an put my ending in now-"The end". Hahaha...sry @Mayflower...just a little humor, not trying to derail...I think we are all waiting for you to get the story going? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Upon awakening, :D, thank you, Hope got ready to go and rode down the street. Hope chained her bike outside of New Light Church. Her mother had insisted she try this youth group. "Your father went to this church." She said. "Long before he was a pastor, he was best friends with Tom Morrison...and he is now the youth pastor at New Light.

The car wreck was way too fresh in her mind. Side blinded by a drunk driver, Hope and her mother made it out without a scratch. But her father died at the wheel.

"Your father is in Heaven Hope...it hurts, but we will see him again one day and never be separated again." Her mother had said, holding back tears..

"Yeh right." Hope thought to herself. "Heaven. salvation... If there was a God there wouldn't be so much pain in this world." She merely just put on a show as the pastor's daughter, but now her mind was left to wonder What IF she would have died in that car wreck...

Her thoughts were interrupted by Pastor Morrison walking over from the bonfire he was setting up for the night.

(Sorry, lol. Long day. And my daughter is really tired, so have fun. :D Ill be back on later and see how far it gets. Yeh, campfire will definitely be better. ^-^ good start Willie :) )

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Hope, glad you could make it. I am so sorry to hear about your father....we were really good friends growing up." He paused seeing Hope sadly looking away. How was the plane down from Oklahoma?"

"Okay I guess." Hope said in reply, "And...thanks. Dad talked a lot about you."

"Hopefully all good things." Pastor Morrison said with a grin. "Listen, others are coming, but Ellie and Jacob are over by the fire if you want to go meet them. I am going to go set up corn hole and the volleyball net. It should be a lot of fun as well as the church lock in, so glad you could make it."

"Thanks." Hope said. Her dad was right. He was very good person to talk to. He reminded of him in a way. But this was a new start. No one here knew she was a pastor's kid. Technically she was not anymore....and surely she didn't need to tell anyone of her father passing away...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think I'll use my 2 characters in another story since I spent so much time creating their stories, their mannerisms and their characteristics. I may join in on this one later on. Thanks

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I'll use my 2 characters in another story since I spent so much time creating their stories, their mannerisms and their characteristics. I may join in on this one later on. Thanks

Okay, Angelina. Let us know when that story starts by leaving a link to it so we can read it. ;)

Okay everybody.. Mike and Sarah are out of this story until Angelina joins them in later on... possibly...

hey Angelina.... can you create a section for Creative Christian Writing in the forum or is it okay to just post them in this kind of forums for games?

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[From Willie T & Mayflower ]Upon awakening, Hope got ready to go and rode down the street. Hope chained her bike outside of New Light Church. Her mother had insisted she try this youth group. "Your father went to this church." She said. "Long before he was a pastor, he was best friends with Tom Morrison...and he is now the youth pastor at New Light.

The car wreck was way too fresh in her mind. Side blinded by a drunk driver, Hope and her mother made it out without a scratch. But her father died at the wheel.

"Your father is in Heaven Hope...it hurts, but we will see him again one day and never be separated again." Her mother had said, holding back tears..

"Yeh right." Hope thought to herself. "Heaven. salvation... If there was a God there wouldn't be so much pain in this world." She merely just put on a show as the pastor's daughter, but now her mind was left to wonder What IF she would have died in that car wreck...

Her thoughts were interrupted by Pastor Morrison walking over from the bonfire he was setting up for the night.

"Hope, glad you could make it. I am so sorry to hear about your father....we were really good friends growing up." He paused seeing Hope sadly looking away. How was the plane down from Oklahoma?"

"Okay I guess." Hope said in reply, "And...thanks. Dad talked a lot about you."

"Hopefully all good things." Pastor Morrison said with a grin. "Listen, others are coming, but Ellie and Jacob are over by the fire if you want to go meet them. I am going to go set up corn hole and the volleyball net. It should be a lot of fun as well as the church lock in, so glad you could make it."

"Thanks." Hope said. Her dad was right. He was very good person to talk to. He reminded of him in a way. But this was a new start. No one here knew she was a pastor's kid. Technically she was not anymore....and surely she didn't need to tell anyone of her father passing away...

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr Morrison saw that his daughter, Casey, and a few other of the girls were already starting to set up the volleyball net as he glanced over to Hope to see if she was taking his suggestion in heading towards Ellie and Jacob or not, but Sherwin, new son in the family, caught his attention. He diverted his path to the 13 year old child sitting on the back steps of the church watching Casey & the girls setting up the volleyball net. "Hey, Sherwin.." he began, "how are you liking it so far? This is your third time here, right?"

"Yes.. sir," Sherwin replied, "who is the new girl?"

"Her name is Hope. Why don't you go over to the bonfire pile and chat with them for a while?" seeing Hope making her way over there,"get to know some people?" he inquired, after reflecting that Sherwin had spent enough time in the background of these events that it was high time he got started being sociable.

Sherwin was underage for this youth group by one school year as this youth group was for the high school young adults in the area. He had given Casey "permission" to bring her foster brother to these events, much to her protests, since he, himself, was busy as a pastor while his wife was working somewhere else, which was why Casey was in charge of watching over Sherwin again tonight.

He understood that Sherwin would feel out of place here, but he decided to motivate him into getting involved since he was setting in a pattern of being a fly on the wall the last two times he was here. Of course, the bonfire was a special event for tonight as they, as a group, had decided to have outdoor activities along with the bonfire, but Mr Morrison was not going to let Sherwin sit this one out tonight. He plans to get Sherwin in a volleyball game later on whether he likes it or not.

"Okay.." Sherwin replied in the manner as if he was about to do something that he knew would be unpleasant for him. He made his way over to the bonfire pile as he saw Hope was already introducing herself to Ellie & Jacob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr Morrison saw that Casey and a few other of the girls were already starting to set up the volleyball net as he glanced over to Hope to see if she was taking his suggestion in heading towards Ellie and Jacob or not, but Sherwin, Casey's newly adopted brother in the family, caught his attention. He diverted his path to the 13 year old child sitting on the back steps of the church watching Casey & the girls setting up the volleyball net. "Hey, Sherwin.." he began, "how are you liking it so far? This would be your third time here, right?"

"Yes.. sir," Sherwin replied, "who is the new girl?"

"Her name is Hope. Why don't you go over to the bonfire pile and chat with them for a while?" seeing Hope making her way over there,"get to know some people?" he inquired, after reflecting that Sherwin had spent enough time in the background of these events that it was high time he got started being sociable.

Sherwin was underage for this youth group by one school year as this youth group was for the high school young adults in the area. He had given Casey permission to bring her newly adopted brother to these events, because her folks were still at work at this time, and she was in charge of him. He understood that Sherwin would feel out of place here, but he decided to motivate him into getting involved since he was setting in a pattern of being a fly on the wall the last two times he was here. Of course, the bonfire was a special event for tonight as they, as a group, had decided to have outdoor activities along with the bonfire, but Mr Morrison was not going to let Sherwin sit this one out tonight. He plans to get Sherwin in a volleyball game later on whether he likes it or not.

"Okay.." Sherwin replied in the manner as if he was about to do something that he knew would be unpleasant for him. He made his way over to the bonfire pile as he saw Hope was already introducing herself to Ellie & Jacob.

HI Hope, I'm Jacob and this is Ellie. They exchanged pleasentries. Ellie asked if Hope would like to help them out by picking out good kindling for the fire. We can get to know one another once the bon fire is well on it's way to burning- Hope was more than happy to oblige.
As Hope walked to the tree line to gather kindling, Ellie saw Jacob conversing with a younger teen. This young man looked somewhat uncomfortable in his own skin, and she felt lead to pray for him right then and there. Since she did not know this boy, she had no specifics to pray about so she simply asked the Lord to work in his situation, whatever that might be-and knowing that God answers all prayer according to His will...she rested in His peace and proceeded to approach Jacob and this new boy.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI Hope, I'm Jacob and this is Ellie. They exchanged pleasentries. Ellie asked if Hope would like to help them out by picking out good kindling for the fire. We can get to know one another once the bon fire is well on it's way to burning- Hope was more than happy to oblige.

As Hope walked to the tree line to gather kindling, Ellie saw Jacob conversing with a younger teen. This young man looked somewhat uncomfortable in his own skin, and she felt lead to pray for him right then and there. Since she did not know this boy, she had no specifics to pray about so she simply asked the Lord to work in his situation, whatever that might be-and knowing that God answers all prayer according to His will...she rested in His peace and proceeded to approach Jacob and this new boy.

So do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God has raised Him from the dead, Sherwin?" Jacob asked right out.

"Yes," Sherwin replied straightforward enough, and added, "and I am trusting Him as my Good Shepherd & Friend to help me to follow Him in being His disciple too. There is no other way I can follow Him."

Jacob nodded his head in agreement and said "Good to hear about Him working in your life.." as he sees Ellie coming up on them, carrying a small bundle of dry sticks to add to the bonfire from the tree line and then announced to Ellie, "He is a christian!"

"Had you guys asked Hope if she was a christian too?" Sherwin inquired in a lighthearted manner, wondering if she got the same welcoming treatment too.

The grimace on Jacob's face told Sherwin that he had forgotten to do that which was his normal way of greeting every new person he met personally in the youth group. Ellie had an excuse for him and said, "That happens sometimes whenever he sees a girl with a pretty face."

"Ellie.." Jacob protested her snide remark.

"But don't you worry, Sherwin. The Lord will move him in that direction once He helps him get his legs back underneath him," Ellie smiled, half stifling a giggle.

Jacob smiled somewhat and said, "Yeah... I need the Lord's help in all things...even in that." He sees Hope still collecting a bundle from the tree line as it seems she was determined to bring in a big bundle for her first trip for the pile.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Hope was gathering kindling for the fire, she noticed a girl rolling her eyes in a direction behind her. Hope turned around to see Jacob and Ellie talking to a younger boy she hadn't met yet.

"Your brother?" Hope asked with a grin. She recognized the same look of irritation when she had been with her boyfriend Jake in Oklahoma, and his 10 year old brother Charlie.

"Foster brother." Casey said, throwing the sticks near the fire. "He is a loon, I can't believe I had to bring him with me."

"I can't imagine. I have always been an only child." Hope said. She finished gathering sticks and sat in a lawn chair near the fire. Casey sat down next to her.

"I am Casey." She said. "You must be...Hope?"

"Yeh." Hope said. "It is nice to meet you Casey."

"I am sorry to hear about your dad."

"Who told you about that?" Hope said.

"Tom Morrison is my dad." Casey said. "And Sherwin's foster dad (if this is okay JIF)."

" So yeh, don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I know what it is like."

Relieved, Hope relaxed and noticed Sherwin looking at her, before turning back to Jacob and Ellie.

"He talks to his self." She whispered. "And sometimes I think I hear an answer back. He is just WEIRD."

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
( @Mayflower It is all right. I edit post # 16 to fit what you had posted ;) I hope the addition is all right. I am sure parents would like to think teenage girls talk like this below. If not, maybe @Angelina can edit it to make it more realistic with her mod powers or she can give you mod powers and edit my post to making it more believable? Anyway, I like to imagine that scenario, but what do I know, right? )

"Does he have a cell phone or some sort?" Hope inquired, "he may have had the volume up on the speaker phone selection of whatever device he is using."

Casey stood straight up from collecting sticks and it suddenly donned on her what she was hearing in his bedroom from behind closed doors. "Why that little creep. That's probably it. Here I am, not allowed to have a simple cell phone and this kid comes into my home....." she paused to contain her colorful metaphors from speaking out of her mouth and instead said, "wait till I informed my father about this."

"You are not allowed to have a cellphone?" Hope inquired.

"Not since about a dozen boys have been calling me repeatedly all last summer," Casey replied shaking her head, "Dad worries too much. Just because I became some kind of bodacious petite blonde, suddenly, I am going to forget my christian upbringing and let boys have their ways with me. NOT!"

"It is too bad he doesn't trust you to be mindful when you are with a boy," Hope explained, "I certainly can attest to worrying about being alone with a boy without supervision around to discourage any unwanted advances..." she paused for a bit, and then continued, "it is kinda like keeping the boys honest or at the very least, from being tempted to be an animal on hormones anyway.... the supervision, I mean."

Casey laughed at that. "Yeah... I know what you mean. I probably even made the situation worse for myself in my junior year. I had brought a pair of pants to school last year and gave it to the football team that many of the girls were telling me they have been overhearing them wanting to get in my pants, and so I said, "Here are my pants. I doubt you guys can get into them, but go ahead and knock yourself out. Maybe then you all will stop talking about my pants," and they all just busted out laughing, leaving only a few of them red faced with embarrassment. So I probably did not embarrass them enough to knock it off since they have been calling the land lines still through the latter part of the junior year in wanting to talk to me. My parents pretty much had the answering machine to screen the calls from then on, and even went so far to have my personal cell phone taken from me and ending my service," she paused and said,"and he has a cellphone. Man..." and then she complained, "if my parents had checked, none of the boys had my cellphone number, otherwise, they would be calling my cellphone rather than the landline phone, but NOOooooooooooo..."

Hope holding a bundle large enough to make her stop collecting sticks, she said,"Well, it is not like it is impossible for them to get your cell phone number."

Casey thought for a bit and then said, "yeah... I know. An ounce of prevention is.." she looked at Hope and inquired, "a pound of cure?"

Hope laughed, "Something like that," and she headed towards the bonfire pile with her load, "more like.. my daughter don't need any more drama than what you all giving her at school."

"Course, more pressure on me in keeping my grades up since I have no excuse NOT to stay on top of my schoolwork at home," says Casey, as she ended with, "oh well..." and finally trailed after Hope with a load of sticks in her arms for the bonfire pile too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy