Rewire Your Heart Day#6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rewire Your Heart: 10 Days To Fight Sin • Devotional
https://bible.com/reading-plans/12779/day/6?segment=0

Scriptures:

"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: and the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid."
Isaiah 29:11‭-‬14 KJV

God Wants Your Heart
What is God after? What does he want from us? Is he after a song on Sunday or a really good prayer at night? I think we all know the answer is no. God is after our hearts.

One of the clearest moments in the Bible where we learn this truth is in Isaiah. God is describing through his prophet a siege that is coming upon Jerusalem.

However, no matter how much the people hear of Isaiah’s words and God’s revelation, they will not really listen. They will be like a person who is given a book but cannot open it and like one who is given a book but cannot read (29:11-12).

So why this coming punishment? And why can’t the people understand the visions and warnings from God?

Here is where we get our clear picture of what God is after. Here is the reason.

“Because this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me” (29:13).

God is punishing and blinding his people because they are putting on a show of religion, but their hearts are not in it. They come to God and give him praise and say all the right words, but God does not have their innermost selves - their hearts.

God wants your heart, not your lips. He wants your affections, passions, desires, and longings. God wants your wants. And he will not be satisfied until he has them.

Why? Because he knows that only when you desire him will you be desiring something good. And not only will you be desiring something good, in fact the only good, but also the best good. God wants your wants because he wants your good.

And how will he get your heart? Well, how did he plan to get the hearts of his wayward people in Isaiah’s day?

He will do wonderful things (29:14). But these wonderful things aren’t pretty. These are things that bring wonder. Things like punishment and mighty acts of judgement. The reason why people were drawing near to God with their lips but not their hearts was because their fear of God was fake. It was a “commandment taught by men” (29:13).

So God would instill true fear in their hearts. This may sound harsh, but God wanted their hearts. So he would reveal himself to them in the only way that would change them.

God changes hearts the same way today. He shows himself to us in wonderful ways. And the most wonderful way he has revealed himself to us is also in judgement and punishment. But this time, the judgement and punishment did not come upon us who deserved it. God’s wrath came upon Jesus, who bore our punishment even though he did not deserve it.

Is your heart far from God even though your lips are close to him? Do you want to change that? Behold Jesus! See how God has revealed himself to you in Christ! Let the fear and love of God pierce your heart by peering deeply into the truth of the Gospel.

First thought:
I was beginning to get a bit concerned when I saw this. This is NT mercy right here. :)
"But this time, the judgement and punishment did not come upon us who deserved it. God’s wrath came upon Jesus, who bore our punishment even though he did not deserve it.
Is your heart far from God even though your lips are close to him? Do you want to change that? Behold Jesus! See how God has revealed himself to you in Christ! Let the fear and love of God pierce your heart by peering deeply into the truth of the Gospel."
So many times I failed. And God STILL has mercy. I always pray my heart draws closer still to God.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures:

"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: and the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid."
Isaiah 29:11‭-‬14 KJV

God Wants Your Heart
What is God after? What does he want from us? Is he after a song on Sunday or a really good prayer at night? I think we all know the answer is no. God is after our hearts.

One of the clearest moments in the Bible where we learn this truth is in Isaiah. God is describing through his prophet a siege that is coming upon Jerusalem.

However, no matter how much the people hear of Isaiah’s words and God’s revelation, they will not really listen. They will be like a person who is given a book but cannot open it and like one who is given a book but cannot read (29:11-12).

So why this coming punishment? And why can’t the people understand the visions and warnings from God?

Here is where we get our clear picture of what God is after. Here is the reason.

“Because this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me” (29:13).

God is punishing and blinding his people because they are putting on a show of religion, but their hearts are not in it. They come to God and give him praise and say all the right words, but God does not have their innermost selves - their hearts.

God wants your heart, not your lips. He wants your affections, passions, desires, and longings. God wants your wants. And he will not be satisfied until he has them.

Why? Because he knows that only when you desire him will you be desiring something good. And not only will you be desiring something good, in fact the only good, but also the best good. God wants your wants because he wants your good.

And how will he get your heart? Well, how did he plan to get the hearts of his wayward people in Isaiah’s day?

He will do wonderful things (29:14). But these wonderful things aren’t pretty. These are things that bring wonder. Things like punishment and mighty acts of judgement. The reason why people were drawing near to God with their lips but not their hearts was because their fear of God was fake. It was a “commandment taught by men” (29:13).

So God would instill true fear in their hearts. This may sound harsh, but God wanted their hearts. So he would reveal himself to them in the only way that would change them.

God changes hearts the same way today. He shows himself to us in wonderful ways. And the most wonderful way he has revealed himself to us is also in judgement and punishment. But this time, the judgement and punishment did not come upon us who deserved it. God’s wrath came upon Jesus, who bore our punishment even though he did not deserve it.

Is your heart far from God even though your lips are close to him? Do you want to change that? Behold Jesus! See how God has revealed himself to you in Christ! Let the fear and love of God pierce your heart by peering deeply into the truth of the Gospel.

This one is pretty good. :) He is again stretching the application of the text a little, but he doesn't stray that far really. Now I would say that his last few lines which suggest God doesn't deal with us the same because God'd wrath came upon Jesus instead aren't quite right. I think He still deals with the church the way He did in Isaiah's time, and there are numerous New Testament passages I could cite to back that up. But it is always for our good. God chastises only to correct, not destroy. With the wicked He can and will bring destruction, but not with His people as long as they still belong to Him.

One New Testament passage would be 1 Corinthians 11:26-31:

26 As often as ye eat this bread and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death until He comes. 27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread and drink this cup of the Lord unworthily shall be liable to the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself and so let him eat of that bread and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eats and drinks unworthily eats and drinks condemnation unto himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves we should not be judged. 32 But when we are judged we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Here Paul was saying that judgment had come upon many Christians in the body of Christ already, including death to some, because they partook of communion, representing that they acknowledged being part of the body of Christ, yet did not discern that all the others partaking of this communion were therefore there brothers and sisters in Christ, and because of this would have to be treated as such. By not recognizing this fact and acting on it but instead mistreating others and causing division in the church, Paul was saying they were not "discerning the body," i.e. not recognizing that all who took communion together were all one in Christ, and by sinning against them as if they were just normal every day people, they were bringing sickness and even death upon themselves in some cases (See Acts 5:1-10).

Anyhow, I believe the judgments of God are going to return to the church more in yet future, because He will not tolerate sin as He has in the past where the modern church was concerned. This will be a good thing, not a bad thing, because as scripture says, those whom He loves He chastises. I think if we have a heart to please God, we are willing to embrace even the correction, because He means it for our good. I think Satan wants to see us condemned with the world, so he wants our sins to remain concealed, but the Lord, if it is truly the Lord, exposes sin only to bring correction, so that we avoid being condemned with the world.

Overall I think this is a good study, and worth reading over. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one is pretty good. :) He is again stretching the application of the text a little, but he doesn't stray that far really. Now I would say that his last few lines which suggest God doesn't deal with us the same because God'd wrath came upon Jesus instead aren't quite right. I think He still deals with the church the way He did in Isaiah's time, and there are numerous New Testament passages I could cite to back that up. But it is always for our good. God chastises only to correct, not destroy. With the wicked He can and will bring destruction, but not with His people as long as they still belong to Him.

One New Testament passage would be 1 Corinthians 11:26-31:

26 As often as ye eat this bread and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death until He comes. 27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread and drink this cup of the Lord unworthily shall be liable to the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself and so let him eat of that bread and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eats and drinks unworthily eats and drinks condemnation unto himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves we should not be judged. 32 But when we are judged we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Here Paul was saying that judgment had come upon many Christians in the body of Christ already, including death to some, because they partook of communion, representing that they acknowledged being part of the body of Christ, yet did not discern that all the others partaking of this communion were therefore there brothers and sisters in Christ, and because of this would have to be treated as such. By not recognizing this fact and acting on it but instead mistreating others and causing division in the church, Paul was saying they were not "discerning the body," i.e. not recognizing that all who took communion together were all one in Christ, and by sinning against them as if they were just normal every day people, they were bringing sickness and even death upon themselves in some cases (See Acts 5:1-10).

Anyhow, I believe the judgments of God are going to return to the church more in yet future, because He will not tolerate sin as He has in the past where the modern church was concerned. This will be a good thing, not a bad thing, because as scripture says, those whom He loves He chastises. I think if we have a heart to please God, we are willing to embrace even the correction, because He means it for our good. I think Satan wants to see us condemned with the world, so he wants our sins to remain concealed, but the Lord, if it is truly the Lord, exposes sin only to bring correction, so that we avoid being condemned with the world.

Overall I think this is a good study, and worth reading over. :)

I am not sure what I think about this concept. I know you have talked about it before. I guess if we are all to be judged according to our works good and bad I'd rather the judgement happen on earth then eternally in Heaven. I don't mind if the topic strays a bit to explore this topic. To think about judgement of God does make you want to think again about sinning. But I think it is important to clarify why we do not have to fear God's judgement. I think more often then not it is natural consequence of sin. But with covid and the weather and all of that been going on in the past year, it has crossed my mind as in the thoughts of my last church, that this is judgement.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure what I think about this concept. I know you have talked about it before. I guess if we are all to be judged according to our works good and bad I'd rather the judgement happen on earth then eternally in Heaven.

I liked your post. :)

I don't know that I would refer to it as being "judged by our works." That has more to do with salvation, and when we one day stand before God in Heaven. This has more to do with our works being judged in the here and now, which is different. It is not taught much today because of the prevailing theology, but it is present all over the New Testament when your eyes are opened to it.

For instance, when Paul talked about our works being "burnt up," I believe very strongly he wasn't talking about in the afterlife. I believe he was taking about in the here and now:

9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Again, this is in 1 Corinthians, the same letter I was quoting from previously, and he is still talking about the same things here. "The Day" he is referring to here is generally interpreted to be the Day of Judgment when we stand before God, but that's an assumption. Ananias and Saphira were trying to build on that work, but because they were building with corrupt materials judgment came upon both them and their works, and they were destroyed. Others in 1 Corinthians 11 above were building upon the church but causing divisions within it through strife, and Paul warned that judgment was coming upon some for doing this. Why? Because as he said here, if they were destroying the temple of God, God would destroy them. Jezebel was another woman who was building upon the church in Thyatira, but doing so using corrupt teachings, and as a result her works and her and her family as well were about to be judged in Revelation:

18 “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, ‘These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: 19 “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. 20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. (Revelation 2:18-23)

See the last line? He was promising to give "to each one of you according to your works," not in the next life but in this one even. For the righteous among the congregation at Thyatira, the reward would be coming when His kingdom was established (Revelation 2:24-29), but for those who were corrupting and destroying His church in the present, their "reward" would be coming much sooner.

It's a long teaching and there's a lot to it. Just consider it for now. Like I said, most people don't know it's actually there in their Bibles because not many preach on it at the present time. But the times when God's judgments return to the churches is coming I believe, and then these teachings won't seem so strange anymore. As the scripture says, "Judgment begins at the household of God."

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But with covid and the weather and all of that been going on in the past year, it has crossed my mind as in the thoughts of my last church, that this is judgement

Ugh... I don't like to think about your last church. That's kinda sad.

Understand too, sometimes it can be Satan who brings trouble upon the churches, not God.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ugh... I don't like to think about your last church. That's kinda sad.

Understand too, sometimes it can be Satan who brings trouble upon the churches, not God.

Well, maybe the occurrences aren't for Christians in specific, but it definitely does feel like some sort of judgement.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a long teaching and there's a lot to it. Just consider it for now. Like I said, most people don't know it's actually there in their Bibles because not many preach on it at the present time. But the times when God's judgments return to the churches is coming I believe, and then these teachings won't seem so strange anymore. As the scripture says, "Judgment begins at the household of God."

Btw, he was talking about the same thing in this passage right here, if you can see it. First he mentions "resisting sin unto blood," or in other words preaching against sin so strongly that it causes one to be persecuted, and then about how God uses such persecution to discipline and refine us so that our lives manifest holiness. Then, by the end, he is talking about how this godly discipline was happening in the present.

3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted unto bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives.” 7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:3-11)

But I'm probably overloading the discussion at this point, so I will hold up and maybe let someone else give their input on the study.

Where are our other participants these days, anyway? Looks like everybody disappeared on us. :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, he was talking about the same thing in this passage right here, if you can see it. First he mentions "resisting sin unto blood," or in other words preaching against sin so strongly that it causes one to be persecuted, and then about how God uses such persecution to discipline and refine us so that our lives manifest holiness. Then, by the end, he is talking about how this godly discipline was happening in the present.

3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted unto bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives.” 7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:3-11)

But I'm probably overloading the discussion at this point, so I will hold up and maybe let someone else give their input on the study.

Where are our other participants these days, anyway? Looks like everybody disappeared on us. :confused:

Eh they are off and on. Busy lives.

@Pearl
@FluffyYellowDuck
@Devin Wintch
@Heart2Soul
@marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower

Considering that sealed book about which Isaiah wrote so very long ago and the unlearned could not open it and then the Book which the Lion of Judah prevailed to open loosing the seals. Are they the same or related? Related certainly without delving deeper in that and then there is the communion mentioned by @Hidden In Him.

Who is worthy to open the Book or to partake in communion? What is communion anyway. Is it not more than putting a piece of bread made from grain in your mouth and drinking wine squeezed from grapes from the vine?

Joh 6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Joh 6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

Eat what then... the type or shadow only of grain and grape?

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

The Word was made flesh and we are enabled to eat of it by the quickening of the Holy Spirit, [the white blood], have it come to Life within us.

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2 ...Perhaps by eating of His flesh and drinking of His blood?

But now as then... will people really want to partake of His flesh and His blood or will they walk away from Him?

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." John 6:66

Then there is also the famine of today for too many people in too many physical churches. Are people in 'churches' being left empty instead of being filled with His flesh and His blood?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there is also the famine of today for too many people in too many physical churches. Are people in 'churches' being left empty instead of being filled with His flesh and His blood?

Amen to that, John. The problem with Traditional "bread" is that it has been sitting on the shelf for a LONG time, and in many cases the Spirit has since been serving better things. Hopefully I'm not messing up in taking a little liberty here, but I interpreted a series of dreams for a sister at CF recently, and they were talking about this very thing:
Apple Dreams

In private she shared this with me about the interpretation:

In all honesty, all we are doing is reading the King James Bible! We've stopped going to church which we've found it's becoming very corrupt with regards to money and false teachings. We've simply been staying home, worshipping with God amongst ourselves. We are learning and unlearning some teachings as we go along. Keeping life very basic.

I'm fascinated with your interpretation of the dreams! I was amazed that 3, out of the 5 of us, had been given apple dreams within a matter of months. We are definitely doing more research and being cautious about what type of teachings to follow. If it doesn't line up with God's word, we ignore it.

Now, I will say, my autistic son is obviously still autistic, but he has all the fruits of the Holy Spirit more than most self-proclaimed Christians do. We were on the path at one point and even brought him to a deliverance ministry to have autism, which alot of people think is of Satan, have cast out of him. This went on just over a year. I asked God if He was testing us, and it was revealed that yes, He was. Ever since then, my son has seemed more of sound mind. I do believe we can rebuke demons and with authority in Jesus, name. But overall, we no longer deal with deliverance ministries and we have felt at peace. Even during this entire pandemic, we have been at peace and it's just been great! :) Yesterday, we were out and my autistic son wanted just a small, simple toy for his collection. He was disappointed that things are now blocked off and I was upset for him. He kept telling me, "it's OK, mom. Just relax." He has been SO incredibly patient. Such an example to all of us. He did get one thing out of a local shop he wanted though, then he was happy as ever! lol

Thank you for taking the time to interpret this. Yes, it does make sense. Even hubby agreed. :)

Then, on the 5th of this month she sent me this as well after receiving yet another apple dream:

This time the setting was inside the church we used to attend, which as of last week, we are no longer members of. The church was full of people. There was up on the huge screen an ad for Thunder memory foam flip flops! Suddenly the pastor had an apple. He was trying to impress a theory that apples are fairly thin skinned and easy to bruise. He started to smack the apple to prove a point, before long the apple was totally bruised. Then he took another apple and was saying how some apples you can bounce off the ground and they can handle quite a beating before they show any bruises. So he threw some on the floor to prove that point, as well.

Then, he just went nuts and threw an apple into the congregation. It dinged off a steel corner and splattered, right where I was sitting. The guy sitting behind me yelled with excitement. The pastor was getting more aggressive with each apple, and before long, he started just whipping them out into the congregation. The people thought it was great! At the end of the dream he said, "And some apples can have a worm in them...." It reminded me of the wicked witch presenting the apple to Snow White.

I have a strong feeling this is what we're going to see since we are now living in the End Days. More corrupt preachers along with more corrupt churches, all looking for distractions outside of everyday life. Churches will open and come back to life again. Just not in the proper way. Any thoughts on what to make of the Thunder flip flops, though? Apparently there is such a thing but I can't find any images like I saw in my dream.

I sent her this:

That's a funny dream. :) Not that I'm not taking it seriously, but I think I know what the Thunder memory foam flip flops are...

Yes, the apples represent different teachings from the past. Some are more trustworthy and reliable than others, so they can "take a beating," i.e. take being assailed by Bible critics, and still stand the test of time well.

... this dream could be positive or negative, depending on other details not mentioned, like what the guy near you yelled in excitement, or more importantly what the preacher's intentions were in throwing the apples. If he was doing so mockingly of these "teachings," then it means he didn't value the ones he was throwing, as if they could not withstand the traditionally accepted opinions of what he considered to be proper Christian doctrine. The fact that he kinda threw one at you would suggest maybe he was saying this about some of things you and your family teach or believe in; that they are not trustworthy as spiritual food and will shatter into pieces when put to the test...

But my first impression of the memory foam flip flops is that this refers to "conforming" to old, accepted teachings from church history, even though they may not be very good or accurate; just tradition that has been committed to memory and must therefore be conformed to. The flip flops are reminiscent of having one's feet shod with the preparedness of the gospel of peace, only here it is about presenting teachings in conformance with tradition.

Ugh... I've never had the greatest experiences with Pastors myself, LoL. They tend to assume they know the most, and don't like being questioned.

Hopefully that's not sharing more than she would have liked me to, but it was the Spirit speaking to her after all, and I told her it was a pretty strong message that I thought others should hear. Only I forgot about it.

Here He is bringing it back to my memory again, through you. :)

Better go check with her and see if she had a problem with me posting it over here, just in case. :cool:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen to that, John. The problem with Traditional "bread" is that it has been sitting on the shelf for a LONG time, and in many cases the Spirit has since been serving better things. Hopefully I'm not messing up in taking a little liberty here, but I interpreted a series of dreams for a sister at CF recently, and they were talking about this very thing:
Apple Dreams

In private she shared this with me about the interpretation:

In all honesty, all we are doing is reading the King James Bible! We've stopped going to church which we've found it's becoming very corrupt with regards to money and false teachings. We've simply been staying home, worshipping with God amongst ourselves. We are learning and unlearning some teachings as we go along. Keeping life very basic.

I'm fascinated with your interpretation of the dreams! I was amazed that 3, out of the 5 of us, had been given apple dreams within a matter of months. We are definitely doing more research and being cautious about what type of teachings to follow. If it doesn't line up with God's word, we ignore it.

Now, I will say, my autistic son is obviously still autistic, but he has all the fruits of the Holy Spirit more than most self-proclaimed Christians do. We were on the path at one point and even brought him to a deliverance ministry to have autism, which alot of people think is of Satan, have cast out of him. This went on just over a year. I asked God if He was testing us, and it was revealed that yes, He was. Ever since then, my son has seemed more of sound mind. I do believe we can rebuke demons and with authority in Jesus, name. But overall, we no longer deal with deliverance ministries and we have felt at peace. Even during this entire pandemic, we have been at peace and it's just been great! :) Yesterday, we were out and my autistic son wanted just a small, simple toy for his collection. He was disappointed that things are now blocked off and I was upset for him. He kept telling me, "it's OK, mom. Just relax." He has been SO incredibly patient. Such an example to all of us. He did get one thing out of a local shop he wanted though, then he was happy as ever! lol

Thank you for taking the time to interpret this. Yes, it does make sense. Even hubby agreed. :)

Then, on the 5th of this month she sent me this as well after receiving yet another apple dream:

This time the setting was inside the church we used to attend, which as of last week, we are no longer members of. The church was full of people. There was up on the huge screen an ad for Thunder memory foam flip flops! Suddenly the pastor had an apple. He was trying to impress a theory that apples are fairly thin skinned and easy to bruise. He started to smack the apple to prove a point, before long the apple was totally bruised. Then he took another apple and was saying how some apples you can bounce off the ground and they can handle quite a beating before they show any bruises. So he threw some on the floor to prove that point, as well.

Then, he just went nuts and threw an apple into the congregation. It dinged off a steel corner and splattered, right where I was sitting. The guy sitting behind me yelled with excitement. The pastor was getting more aggressive with each apple, and before long, he started just whipping them out into the congregation. The people thought it was great! At the end of the dream he said, "And some apples can have a worm in them...." It reminded me of the wicked witch presenting the apple to Snow White.

I have a strong feeling this is what we're going to see since we are now living in the End Days. More corrupt preachers along with more corrupt churches, all looking for distractions outside of everyday life. Churches will open and come back to life again. Just not in the proper way. Any thoughts on what to make of the Thunder flip flops, though? Apparently there is such a thing but I can't find any images like I saw in my dream.

I sent her this:

That's a funny dream. :) Not that I'm not taking it seriously, but I think I know what the Thunder memory foam flip flops are...

Yes, the apples represent different teachings from the past. Some are more trustworthy and reliable than others, so they can "take a beating," i.e. take being assailed by Bible critics, and still stand the test of time well.

... this dream could be positive or negative, depending on other details not mentioned, like what the guy near you yelled in excitement, or more importantly what the preacher's intentions were in throwing the apples. If he was doing so mockingly of these "teachings," then it means he didn't value the ones he was throwing, as if they could not withstand the traditionally accepted opinions of what he considered to be proper Christian doctrine. The fact that he kinda threw one at you would suggest maybe he was saying this about some of things you and your family teach or believe in; that they are not trustworthy as spiritual food and will shatter into pieces when put to the test...

But my first impression of the memory foam flip flops is that this refers to "conforming" to old, accepted teachings from church history, even though they may not be very good or accurate; just tradition that has been committed to memory and must therefore be conformed to. The flip flops are reminiscent of having one's feet shod with the preparedness of the gospel of peace, only here it is about presenting teachings in conformance with tradition.

Ugh... I've never had the greatest experiences with Pastors myself, LoL. They tend to assume they know the most, and don't like being questioned.

Hopefully that's not sharing more than she would have liked me to, but it was the Spirit speaking to her after all, and I told her it was a pretty strong message that I thought others should hear. Only I forgot about it.

Better go check with her and see if she had a problem with me posting it over here, just in case. :cool:
Thank you for sharing this. The dream is saying as whole lot as your interpretation indicates. Talk about famines!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing this. The dream is saying as whole lot as your interpretation indicates. Talk about famines!

Yeah. :) You have to study for yourself.

Oh and I forgot. She sent me this about my last interpretation:

Wow! That really lines up with what I was thinking! Thanks!

The church would always say "be ye not conformed to this world" and I would feel it in my spirit that it was wrong that they should say that because they ARE and now HAVE conformed to this world. Just the other day, I checked into one of their recent sermons and he said something that was a bit disturbing to me. "This is a liturgy prayer book, and whether you realized it or not, we've been doing this all along..." just something about that sounded very deceptive. Perhaps that could be why I had the dream. I stopped the video after he said that and looked up the book he recommended. Now, where in the Bible does it say we must do liturgy rituals? It doesn't. I don't even think the word liturgy is in the Bible. I'd have to look it up. But it was enough for me that I won't be looking into their sermons or doings anymore. God has sent this message loud and clear. I get it. I've had other dark dreams about this same pastor and they have been very concerning to me.

My response:

I'm all for many of the traditional doctrines of the church. I'm actually Apostles Creed right down the line as far as orthodox doctrine in concerned (although heavily Pentecostal with regard to the gifts, something not covered much in the Creed).

But he is here talking about traditionalizing PRAYER, which is IMO the next best thing to dead letter prayer. It is no longer led by the Spirit if they are just following traditional liturgy, and prayers not spoken by the Spirit in the moment are just mumbling words. They may be pretty, but they will never be heard by God because He responds to the voice of the Spirit speaking through us (Romans 8:26-27).

Here's a link to a piece on liturgical prayer. They make it sound great, but the truth is it is empty tradition that does not have the Spirit in it. It will be powerless prayer, spoken only to be eloquent... and "churchy," much like the sermons he likely favors.
The Liturgical Movement and the History of Prayer Book Revision

Liturgies... I know liturgical prayer and liturgical sermons can be eloquent and all, but this has to do with the Rhema (i.e. LIVING) word versus just repeating something over and over again. Isn't that what Jesus warned about with the scribes and Pharisees? Repeating a prayer over and over, thinking it will be heard... in a way that's what this is. It may not be exactly the same, but close. Just dead repetition that sounds wonderful but that the Lord never hears.

Anyway, glad to have remembered that stuff. It seems relevant to the present conversation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. :) You have to study for yourself.

Oh and I forgot. She sent me this about my last interpretation:

Wow! That really lines up with what I was thinking! Thanks!

The church would always say "be ye not conformed to this world" and I would feel it in my spirit that it was wrong that they should say that because they ARE and now HAVE conformed to this world. Just the other day, I checked into one of their recent sermons and he said something that was a bit disturbing to me. "This is a liturgy prayer book, and whether you realized it or not, we've been doing this all along..." just something about that sounded very deceptive. Perhaps that could be why I had the dream. I stopped the video after he said that and looked up the book he recommended. Now, where in the Bible does it say we must do liturgy rituals? It doesn't. I don't even think the word liturgy is in the Bible. I'd have to look it up. But it was enough for me that I won't be looking into their sermons or doings anymore. God has sent this message loud and clear. I get it. I've had other dark dreams about this same pastor and they have been very concerning to me.

My response:

I'm all for many of the traditional doctrines of the church. I'm actually Apostles Creed right down the line as far as orthodox doctrine in concerned (although heavily Pentecostal with regard to the gifts, something not covered much in the Creed).

But he is here talking about traditionalizing PRAYER, which is IMO the next best thing to dead letter prayer. It is no longer led by the Spirit if they are just following traditional liturgy, and prayers not spoken by the Spirit in the moment are just mumbling words. They may be pretty, but they will never be heard by God because He responds to the voice of the Spirit speaking through us (Romans 8:26-27).

Here's a link to a piece on liturgical prayer. They make it sound great, but the truth is it is empty tradition that does not have the Spirit in it. It will be powerless prayer, spoken only to be eloquent... and "churchy," much like the sermons he likely favors.
The Liturgical Movement and the History of Prayer Book Revision

Liturgies... I know liturgical prayer and liturgical sermons can be eloquent and all, but this has to do with the Rhema (i.e. LIVING) word versus just repeating something over and over again. Isn't that what Jesus warned about with the scribes and Pharisees? Repeating a prayer over and over, thinking it will be heard... in a way that's what this is. It may not be exactly the same, but close. Just dead repetition that sounds wonderful but that the Lord never hears.

Anyway, glad to have remembered that stuff. It seems relevant to the present conversation.
This reminds me of my own experience as a devout young Catholic boy, which probably I posted on this forum before but it applies here...:. When I would confess my sins to the priest, he would then ask me upon leaving the confessional but before leaving the building to do a penance which often consisted of saying the prayer, "Our Father" [Matt 6:9-13] a certain number of times. Anxious to get on with my day and my own activities [having fun of course] I became very proficient in reciting that 'prayer' super fast so as to fulfill the letter of what the priest had required of me without "wasting" time. Thus whether the penance was three times or 10 times, I was soon out of there and ready to do my own things as God was for the moment handled.

One of those times after confession when I went out to do my penance, God smote my heart about what I had done so many times in the past and was about to do one more time. At the time I did not own and had never read the Bible, but I see now that these words applied to what I have been doing:

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." Matt 15:8

Even though I did not know that verse God spoke its meaning to me. From that day forward for as long as I was a formal believing practicing Catholic, no more idle words came out of my mouth when doing penance. I prayed each 'Our Father' carefully thinking about the meaning of those words and just who I was talking to... They had been idle, but they were no longer idle!

I have not been a practicing Catholic for more than 50 years, but that and several other things I learned from God as a Catholic are still in my heart.

Give God the glory!

By the way, quite few years ago I began saying the "Our Father' every morning in my time alone with God. That continues to this day. I say or pray a lot of other things, but my lesson as a young Catholic remains. No idle words!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of my own experience as a devout young Catholic boy, which probably I posted on this forum before but it applies here...:. When I would confess my sins to the priest, he would then ask me upon leaving the confessional but before leaving the building to do a penance which often consisted of saying the prayer, "Our Father" [Matt 6:9-13] a certain number of times. Anxious to get on with my day and my own activities [having fun of course] I became very proficient in reciting that 'prayer' super fast so as to fulfill the letter of what the priest had required of me without "wasting" time. Thus whether the penance was three times or 10 times, I was soon out of there and ready to do my own things as God was for the moment handled.

One of those times after confession when I went out to do my penance, God smote my heart about what I had done so many times in the past and was about to do one more time. At the time I did not own and had never read the Bible, but I see now that these words applied to what I have been doing:

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." Matt 15:8

Even though I did not know that verse God spoke its meaning to me. From that day forward for as long as I was a formal believing practicing Catholic, no more idle words came out of my mouth when doing penance. I prayed each 'Our Father' carefully thinking about the meaning of those words and just who I was talking to... They had been idle, but they were no longer idle!

I have not been a practicing Catholic for more than 50 years, but that and several other things I learned from God as a Catholic are still in my heart.

Give God the glory!

By the way, quite few years ago I began saying the "Our Father' every morning in my time alone with God. That continues to this day. I say or pray a lot of other things, but my lesson as a young Catholic remains. No idle words!

Yeh... It is important to think about what we are speaking. Our words can bring death or life. And in prayer and praising God, I never want my words to be vain or repetitive. I want to worship God with my entire being. True repentance is the action, so it means nothing to just say the words. I think sometimes praying to God about being sorrowful of sin helps me get to the point of giving things up though.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of my own experience as a devout young Catholic boy, which probably I posted on this forum before but it applies here...:. When I would confess my sins to the priest, he would then ask me upon leaving the confessional but before leaving the building to do a penance which often consisted of saying the prayer, "Our Father" [Matt 6:9-13] a certain number of times. Anxious to get on with my day and my own activities [having fun of course] I became very proficient in reciting that 'prayer' super fast so as to fulfill the letter of what the priest had required of me without "wasting" time.

Lol!

It's like those car dealership adds where they throw the terms and conditions at you so fast you think you're in a time warp.

Maybe the Lord would have just as soon you got it over in a hurry too, LoL.

7b8f74ef458d2a855ef557b51ee0c836.jpg

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting dream/good analogy of different Biblical teachings. Only apple I ever saw was a vision of a translucent apple above my husband's head with an arrow in it. I am unsure if that represented different teachings or not, but it reminded me of this. I know this just triggered my own dream thought, and praying about that still...but think it is interesting anyway. Anyhow, good discussion. I'll prolly post Day number seven today sometime after work. I might summarize points at the end. Just a few days left.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting dream/good analogy of different Biblical teachings. Only apple I ever saw was a vision of a translucent apple above my husband's head with an arrow in it. I am unsure if that represented different teachings or not, but it reminded me of this. I know this just triggered my own dream thought, and praying about that still...but think it is interesting anyway. Anyhow, good discussion. I'll prolly post Day number seven today sometime after work. I might summarize points at the end. Just a few days left.

You should find more series like this wherever you can and we can just use them as springboards for discussion.

The Daily Bible Verse videos are good, only not a lot of thought always gets generated from just a single verse sometimes.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should find more series like this wherever you can and we can just use them as springboards for discussion.

The Daily Bible Verse videos are good, only not a lot of thought always gets generated from just a single verse sometimes.

That is just a good reminder for me through the day. I can sometimes take one scripture and chew on it for a few days when I look back on it as long as I get the context of the verse.