Rick Warren's (Actual) Comments on Islam & Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://pastors.com/rick-warren-on-muslims-evangelism-and-missions/

I recall some miscellaneous comments, posts, and other remarks on CB about Pastor Rick Warren and Muslims. I wanted to post this interview he did so his own words could clarify what he does and what he said. There's so much misinformation out there, it's nice to set something straight.

QUESTION: Do people of other religions worship the same God as Christians?
WARREN: Of course not. Christians have a view of God that is unique. We believe Jesus is God! We believe God is a Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Not 3 separate gods but one God. No other faith believes Jesus is God. My God is Jesus. The belief in God as a Trinity is the foundational difference between Christians and everyone else. There are 2.1 billion people who call themselves Christians… whether Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Pentecostal, or Evangelical…and they all have the doctrine of the Trinity in common.

There's more in specifically dealing with Islam there, but you'll need to read the full interview for that.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Here's another good interview with Rick....just fyi...

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/john-piper-interviews-rick-warren-on-doctrine

Reactions: Lively Stone

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
In that interview, Rick Warren boasts of attending non(anti)Christian religious celebrations. He preemptively compares anyone who would object with the Pharisees who objected to Jesus eating at St. Matthew's home. Sorry Rick, I don't see the similarity.