Righteousness and Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I find much information just expanding the context a bit . . .

Ephesians 2:11-22 KJV
11) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16) And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17) And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18) For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

I'm not finding any place here that seems to me to be quoting from Hosea, like Peter does.

Isn't Paul here saying that those who were always strangers are now fellowcitizens? That those who were far away are now close?

Peter, writing to the "strangers of the diaspora",

1 Peter 2:9-12 KJV
9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11) Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

This part, "a chosen generation", that is, of the same ethnic origin who are chosen, i.e., the Jews, relate that to, "this generation shall not pass until all is fulfulled". But bunny trails aside . . .

Peter writing to the Jews having been scattered through these places, calls them a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a peculiar people. Each of these are in fulfillment of OT passages.

Who were not a people, and now are a people.

Hosea 1:9-10 KJV
9) Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.
10) Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Much love!
It shows us no matter what , ONE HAS TO BELIEVE IN JESUS . I know those men of belial who wrote many books
and made much money , who try and say the jews dont need to confess JESUS . They are LIARS .
Men of belial . Some of them saying the most ungodly things , LIKE JESUS DIDNT COME TO BE THE MESSIAH OF THE JEWS .
Rather ODD that HE SPOKE TO JEWS , he even told his own , DONT GO into the villages of samaritains etc
GO to the lost sheep of israel . I shun JOHN hagees book to hell fire where it belongs .
All of us will stand before GOD . If we let a muslim or even a jew think they were saved without confessing JESUS
we going to the same place they all will who denied HIM . The lake of f ire .
I know that sounds un loving to this untoward generation . BUT i did try and tell us , I POINT TO JESUS ALONE FOR SALVATION .

Reactions: Ezra

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What part of THE FLESH PROFITS NOTHING aint registering with this ungodly and untoward generation .
If a jew or anyone denies JESUS , GUESS WHO THEY JUST DENIED . GOD HIMSELF .
JESUS never spoke a word contrary to GOD . HE SPOKE BY GOD .
I am declaring all out war against the lies of men . But before folks call me the monster son of perdition
Just REMEMBER WHO I AM POINTING FOLKS TOO FOR SALVATION . JESUS CHRIST . NO OTHER NAME GONNA SAVE SQUAT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we on the subject . THERE AINT TWO GOSPLES . The same gospel that paul preached to the jews in synagogues
is the same one he preached to the gentiles .
The same one peter preached in synagogues is the same gospel he preached to the gentile cornelious and his gentile household .
Folks need start reading bibles and stop heeding men .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let all rejoice in the glorious Lord JESUS CHRIST . The only name whereby one may be saved .
Cling to the original gospel my friends and let none be taken unto another gospel .

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:20-24 KJV
20) But ye have not so learned Christ;
21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Already but not yet . . . I've heard that expression used. My problem is in reconciling the passages, they seem to talk about different things, but the same terms. It's this "old man" and "new man" stuff.

Colossians 3:9-10 KJV
9) Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10) And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

This one seems to be saying, stop doing what it wrong, since you've already put off the old man . . . and you've already put on the new man. In Ephesians, we're told to put off the old man, and in so doing to stop doing what is wrong, and to begin to do righteousness.

This new man is said to be created in God's pattern, righteous, and "truly holy", or, as I'm learning that means, "holiness with intent". Holiness with intent can only mean God's holiness, as my holiness is towards Him. Just saying "my holiness" gives me much pause!

So there's another thing I have to deal with . . . Put on the new man, which is created after God, in righteousness and true holiness, if this is real, if it's true, and I'm going to accept it as true, what is this telling me?

Much love!
The "not yet" refers to heaven and our resurrection. We are sanctified but not yet fully redeemed/glorified.

Reactions: Ezra and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "not yet" refers to heaven and our resurrection. We are sanctified but not yet fully redeemed/glorified.
The way I understand this is that in the Inner Man, we are a new person, but the outer man remains corrupt flesh. The more the inner man learns to control the outer man, the more we do righteousness.

In our resurrection, our outer man will be made new also, so it's not fighting us anymore.

Much love!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter, writing to the "strangers of the diaspora",
so your saying peter writing is void if that be the case the entire bible is not for us :eek:. paul wrote the church at Ephesus.. not us i cant speak for you, but i am a blood bought child of the king . the entire bible requardles of who it addresses is for us i am of the royal priesthood i do belong to a holy nation

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I understand this is that in the Inner Man, we are a new person, but the outer man remains corrupt flesh. The more the inner man learns to control the outer man, the more we do righteousness.

I believe this refers to the new spirit (born again), in the new heart (circumcised), "superseding"...(taking control) over the "carnal mind's" thoughts.

In our resurrection, our outer man will be made new also, so it's not fighting us anymore.

Agree. We wait to SEE, However I believe it is accounted in "Gods records books", already done. :)

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. We wait to SEE, However I believe it is accounted in "Gods records books", already done.
I think it's more like that God just knows who we are now, and doesn't associate the real me with the man born from Adam.

It's not like, me trying to control my flesh for God, it's like, God and I, working together in controlling my flesh. His intent is that I do this as my new normal, and as I continue to be inconsistent, He continues to train me.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's more like that God just knows who we are now, and doesn't associate the real me with the man born from Adam.

It's not like, me trying to control my flesh for God, it's like, God and I, working together in controlling my flesh. His intent is that I do this as my new normal, and as I continue to be inconsistent, He continues to train me.

Much love!

I look at it similar.
God is Faithful. What He promises, according to His Promise offered and received by a person...IS a done deal.

People hold very HIGH rank on Behaviors Between men. I don't.
Meaning; My High rank above All things, IS;
A One on One "established" relationship between One man and God.
^ That being the WHOLE matter of Conversion, of the one whole (body, soul, spirit) of a man and the one Lord God Almighty.
^ Assurance of ^ that relationship IS The Big Picture...Converted, Established, Done, Never "undone".
^ That repeatedly is misunderstood --- argued and debated.
* IS God "WITH" a man who believes ? Yes
* Does God give that man Faith ? Yes
* Can that man "leave" God? Yes
* Will God ALSO, "leave" that man? Yes
(Happened all the Time in the OT, and today).
* Jesus' Offering IS DIFFERENT.. "conversion". IS God "WITH" the man by BEING "IN" the man, and remaining "WITH" that man Forever; by "Gods Power".
* That IS the assurance of ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED....Gods Spirit (Power) IN the man.
* Debates arise, when men are talking about, God "with" a man, then leaving....Which IS NOT conversion.
* Back to the point...my relationships with "other" people, Do not, Did not save me, nor Keep me Saved. Nor do I account any negative behavior with other person, AS A "SIN". Nor do I believe other "Gentile" men, CAN FORGIVE SIN.
(Caveat of Gentile....Jews {under the law} CAN forgive other men OF SIN...expressly because negative behaviors BETWEEN men UNDER the Law, ARE sins.)
Being a Gentile; MY SIN was Against God, of having HAD disbelief. ONCE that was resolved, (forgiven) By the Lord....Conversion, accomplished...Never Again can I SIN against God...effected; born again, son of God, can sin no more. 1John3:9
Does not mean SINLESS. My "forgiven" sin is still IN me, covered by Gods Light (power/spirit) in me. Unseen by God, Not remembered by God....called having overcome..
(And irrelevant, Because it will not BE present in my risen "new" body, void of all sin).

Trespasses? Oh yes, all day long men can trespass against eachother. Lies, cheat, steal, etc. No one is immune (Because we know NOT all things.) Landing on intentional and unintentional, it happens. The Converted HAVE "the" tools...(Truth, Power of God "IN" them)....to AVOID "intentional" Trespassing Against Other men...(as said before, making the thoughts of the born again spirit, in the new heart....supersede over the "thoughts of the carnal mind.)... sort of like putting the stupid, off the wall thoughts that pop into our mind...underfoot, crushed....(instead of falling for stupid, coneiving, underhanded ideas and temptations.)
And YES, men Can and Are taught to forgive other men of Trespass against them, and ask other men for forgiveness of a trespass, for a mans own commission of a trespass.
* Do I believe, cheating on a spouse IS A SIN? No. Calling a person a liar, a Sin? No. Stealing something from another person a Sin? No.
Trespasses? Yes.
Not believing IN God a Sin? Yes
Not believing IN men a sin? No.

A converted man, "using the tools" given the man....Gods Truth...Gods Power ... 'IN' the man...isn't TO Establish a Relationship with God.....But as you said..."training"....agree...
Continually Helping us to do a couple of things;
1 ) is called PRECEPTS....which IS helping us to have a cordial relationship among people...
The ones we like, and the ones we do not like...
(Friends and Enemies).
2) GLORIFY GOD...Worshiping, Praising, Speaking, sharing His Word, that others may hear and desire to accept His offering of Conversion.
....BECAUSE....every man WHO becomes "eternally" WITH God...IS Gods "inheritance".

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Waiting on him