Righteousness and Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its justification ( declared righteous)--> just as if we had never sinned ( forgiven or sin debt wiped free ) the moment we are Born again we become a new creation in Christ old things passed away all things become new . then we are set apart sanctified which is holiness which equal growing in the grace and knowledge of HIM. not a condition but a relationship its like being put on a potters wheel we have to be molded by the masters loving hand. we start out as clay the potter starts forming us into a vessel of honor, he then places it a heating kiln to be cured . i see this as the refiners fire/ the fiery trials .Job said
Job 23:10 But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.

after the kiln the paint goes on aka the finished product. we made it home and the finished part of becoming a vessel of honor is over
This is good!

The lump of clay is carved out of the streambed, and brought to the potter's house. The potter slabs off a chunk, and says, I'm going to use this part for my servant. So that one is now set apart for the Master's use, while still being an unformed lump of clay.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, it has never ended. No one will ever understand what I've gone, and continue to go, through. God has never been more real to me. Most have no idea. I shouldn't complain because I told Him repeatedly that He could do whatever He wanted to do with me. :)
I don't think we really CAN understand what someone else's relationship with God is like, we are all so different! When I asked for complete healing, I had no idea what I was getting into!

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is good!

The lump of clay is carved out of the streambed, and brought to the potter's house. The potter slabs off a chunk, and says, I'm going to use this part for my servant. So that one is now set apart for the Master's use, while still being an unformed lump of clay.

Much love!
I remember the hymn:

"Have Thine own way, Lord,
Have Thine own way,
Thou art the potter, I am the clay..."

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it helps you to break down righteousness into 3 separate kinds of righteousness, I guess I say…go for it. I guess I even do a little of that in my own mind because if I force myself to think about it, I guess I would say your “imputed” righteousness would be this to me: God justifies sinners when they admit the truth. Of the two sinners who went to pray, It was the one who admitted the truth about himself that walked away justified.
Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Confess means to "say the same". When we can truthfully say what God says.

He went home justified, but not different. He was still the same man he was, except that he was forgiven.

Soon after, all the bitterness and angers and offendedness and spitefulness and murdering others in my heart and resentfulness seemed to melt away. I can be very forthright and open with others now but without those things. They just aren’t there anymore. It doesn’t stop others from reacting to me with those things and it doesn’t stop others from assuming I am being mean and spiteful, but I can walk without them and stay in love. I trusted God. That’s the only thing I did. I got brutally honest about my heart, stopped trying to fix my own heart, and just went back to trust.

This is how I understand God intends our lives to be, that we simply trust as a child trusts, and as we do so, we find we live our lives right. And then He gives us tests, which show us our weaknesses, and train us to be stronger.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I don’t think when they say holy,holy,holy they are saying: God is set apart for a noble purpose.
This touches on something else I've been considering for a while, what does it mean, the Beauty of God's Holiness?

I understand Holy to mean, set apart for God's use. In saying God is holy, what does that mean? To me it means that He is always Who He is, He never changes. He always remaings true to Who He is. God is a "giver", not a "taker", and He's converting all us "takers" into "givers".

That we be holy, to me is saying, we share the same nature to which we are true. Hmmm. Thinking.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God will have to one day punish me because I refused and could not accept something that vexed me so deep down inside at the thought of it, then so be it.
Just go back to that earlier thought . . . simple trust.

I really think one of our most difficult battles with ourselves is in honesty. I don't think God has any problem with us having issues understanding things, if we are being honest.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This touches on something else I've been considering for a while, what does it mean, the Beauty of God's Holiness?

I understand Holy to mean, set apart for God's use. In saying God is holy, what does that mean? To me it means that He is always Who He is, He never changes. He always remaings true to Who He is. God is a "giver", not a "taker", and He's converting all us "takers" into "givers".

That we be holy, to me is saying, we share the same nature to which we are true. Hmmm. Thinking.

Much love!
Hi @marks I've heard it said that worship in the beauty of holiness is the OT type of NT worship in spirit and in truth (John 4)...

(Just a thought...)

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember the hymn:

"Have Thine own way, Lord,
Have Thine own way,
Thou art the potter, I am the clay..."
I think it goes on, While I am yielded, waiting and still.

In quietness and trust is our strength!

Much love!

Reactions: farouk

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Chosen Nation is something different . . .

Much love!
"9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God..." 1 Peter 2:9-10

Who was once not a people, but are now the people of God?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God..." 1 Peter 2:9-10

Who was once not a people, but are now the people of God?
Hosea will show the context to that prophecy.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

I’m just saying no one can force their ways upon another people’s will. That is all. Jesus didn’t do that. He told his disciples to even shake the dirt of their feet if someone doesn’t wanna listen.

People will staying their desired state of comfort if they desire as well.

We still love the but the thing is become lowly and let them have their own way…

It’s just the truth.

Reactions: Truman

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are being honest. Sometimes that seems a rare commodity!

Much love!
I know.
It's like not understanding something is the unforgivable sin, lol.

I always see hope where I see someone honestly not understanding something. God can work with that. And he will.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know.
It's like not understanding something is the unforgivable sin, lol.

I always see hope where I see someone honestly not understanding something. God can work with that. And he will.
The honesty I mean is about ourselves. Are we going to keep pretending, or will we really change?

Much love!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller